Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #16
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

so--- how many times are there characters at the parks without a formal line to take your turn to see them?. ..none that I know of... and how many times to you see small children who are "not so supervised" just walk up to the characters out of turn? ... many many times. I also would like to see the footage---
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #17
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
On a serious note this sounds like a family with no conscious suing a company with no conscious. A lose, lose.
Sound much more like a family suiing a company with deep pockets and the Disney name!.......

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #18
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave
so--- how many times are there characters at the parks without a formal line to take your turn to see them?. ..none that I know of... and how many times to you see small children who are "not so supervised" just walk up to the characters out of turn? ... many many times. I also would like to see the footage---
I was wondering about that...

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #19
sachilles
Mouseketeer

The whole thing strikes me as a money grab. Using the term racist for what was described by the person filing the lawsuit seems over the top. One doesn't know the race of the person in the suit. Discriminatory maybe.
We don't have all the info. If the white rabbit said nasty stuff or mocked the kids in a racial way they might have a case. If there is surveillance footage, and the white rabbit is seen to be hugging kids of all races on the same day, it'll probably be bounced out of court. I'm sure the hope is that it will get settled out of court.
As mentioned above, the more plausible thing is that the kids in question may have been out of turn or not noticed. Who knows? It does seem a little odd, one would think that somebody else would have been snubbed that day, and would come forward if there was validity to the claim.
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #20
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Absolutely ridiculous, but this family will probably walk away with some money, paid off by Disney to make this go away.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #21
boreas154
DisDads #728

Anyone feel like summarizing the story? I can't bring myself to click on a link to faux news. Kinda afraid my computer will turn into an abacus.
boreas154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #22
ain0004
Mouseketeer

the only thing with with story that makes me wonder........Is it true Disney offered them 500.00 and their signature to avoid press? If it is true, then Disney know exactly what happened and which leads me to believe its true. On the other hand if the family is wanting a pay out.....well that is something they are teaching their children to be ok. Like it or not disney is a business, and I am sure they are doing a cost analysis right now over negative press/
ain0004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #23
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreas154
Anyone feel like summarizing the story? I can't bring myself to click on a link to faux news. Kinda afraid my computer will turn into an abacus.
Bwah ha ha.

A family- dark complexioned Mr and Mrs Black and children go to Disneyland. 6 year old tries to hug his favorite character, the White Rabbit, and bunny turns away. Brother tries to touch White Rabbit and bunny flicks him away. White Rabbit goes on to be cozier with lighter toned kids.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2646634.html

Before clicking I thought this would be about Brer Rabbit, lol.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #24
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

Thank God they didn't go on Splash Mountain and/or knew about Song of the South...

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #25
sachilles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ain0004 View Post
the only thing with with story that makes me wonder........Is it true Disney offered them 500.00 and their signature to avoid press? If it is true, then Disney know exactly what happened and which leads me to believe its true. On the other hand if the family is wanting a pay out.....well that is something they are teaching their children to be ok. Like it or not disney is a business, and I am sure they are doing a cost analysis right now over negative press/
A 500 dollar offer sounds like they knew there staff did no wrong, but figured it would be enough to get the family out of there hair. Probably cost disney $500 just to wake up there legal department on the weekend.
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #26
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
Absolutely ridiculous, but this family will probably walk away with some money, paid off by Disney to make this go away.
Totally agree!
Old 02-09-2013, 02:32 AM   #27
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~A second family has come forward...

~Second family files lawsuit

~Oh no, not Donald Duck, too. I hope Disney gets a handle on this soon, it's becoming a PR nightmare! And, it's going to be more difficult to meet characters now, as a result. Disney needs to have a CM accompany each character with a hidden camera to record everything, to help curb these kinds of allegations.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #28
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

no doubt this law suit will be black and white.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #29
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~Second family files lawsuit

~Oh no, not Donald Duck, too. I hope Disney gets a handle on this soon, it's becoming a PR nightmare! And, it's going to be more difficult to meet characters now, as a result. Disney needs to have a CM accompany each character with a hidden camera to record everything, to help curb these kinds of allegations.
I agree. Now characters won't be roaming the parks now. I think it is ridiculous. A few years ago my DD was in tears because Pluto didn't see her and she thought he had ignored her. He went over to a bunch of other kids and took pictures with them. We just walked back over to Pluto and helped him see her. She is tiny and it is hard to see in those costumes. Should we have sued? Please.

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #30
Mouse14
Wish I was at the Lodge

Something is off about these 2 stories ... First family's name is Black ad the second is white..... What are the chances?? Lol and ways sad to see people still playin the race cards to gain things...

Dates i can remember....
Annual pass holder in Feb 2010

Wilderness lodge- (Feb 4,5,6 2010)(Feb 4,5,6 2011)
Caribbean Beach - (Mar 2010)
Saratoga Springs- (July 2010)
Coronado- (Aug2010)
Offsite for Not so scary Halloween party (Oct 2010)
Allstar Movies for Very Merry Christmas party (Dec2010)

POP for Vey Merry (Dec 2011)
Aulani for honeymoon (Feb 4-11 2012)
Mouse14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: