Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #76
katallo
DIS Veteran
 
katallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
Please put this on Trip Advisor, Yelp and any other site that publicizes these things. YOu were not treated correctly. This happened to my cousin and his kids at another hotel and not only did they comp him the stay at a different hotel they gave him equal time for another visit at the same chain. This is beyond acceptable and I would have contacted the health dept and the corporate office during my stay. I check but now I am going to check more thouroughly. Why does housekeeping not pick up on this stuff? How could there be blood on the sheets if they were changed? That in it self scares me.
It is not too late, contact the corporate office at Wyndham and let them know about this. Someone's head should roll.
OP should definitely contact Wyndham corporate about this and give them this link. I can't speak for the general manager at WBC, but it's difficult to get the front desk staff to even answer the phone.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #77
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post
I do not understand what "This!" means!
It means she/he agrees with what you said.
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Wilderness Lodge
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #78
dsamama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 63

I am now completely freaking out. We booked through VS just a day or two before this thread started and I don't think we can cancel without losing our deposit. I was so excited to stay here and now I feel sick to my stomach. don't know what to do.
__________________


dsamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #79
1mama2three
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 130

I just wanted to update that I have sent an email to the Health Department and posted a review to Trip Advisor. We have contacted management, but we have not heard anything back at this point. Thank you for those suggestions. I hope I can prevent this happening to future families. I know you can't keep the bed bugs out completely, but you can take steps to insure they're taken care of correctly...as are the hotel guests.
__________________
Me DH DD- 8 DD- 6 DD- 3 DS- 2
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, FW-Campsites: Nov/Dec 2014
1mama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #80
dsamama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 63

Unhappy

Thank you for bringing attention to this issue. I feel like everyone who has a reservation booked there should contact them and whoever they booked through and inquire as to what is being done about the bedbug issue.
Then perhaps they will see that people are seriously concerned and know about the problem. I really wish i knew about this and knew about bedbug registry before i booked. they have reports on there about just about all the towers. ugh.
__________________


dsamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #81
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamama View Post
I really wish i knew about this and knew about bedbug registry before i booked. they have reports on there about just about all the towers. ugh.
And just about every resort in Orlando.
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #82
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,005

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamama View Post
Thank you for bringing attention to this issue. I feel like everyone who has a reservation booked there should contact them and whoever they booked through and inquire as to what is being done about the bedbug issue. ugh.
i for one think this is being blown way out of controll. not worried about it at all.

its florida, there are bugs.

the op described something out of a horror movie. Me thinks it is just quite a bit over exagerated.

I travel a lot. Many hotels in many countries. i check, and have never 1 time had a bed bug issue.

I have seen various other bugs, ants and the like. You call the front desk and deal with them. you cant ruin a trip that you havent even taken because of the fear of the unknown.

relax. wait till you get there. if you have an issue deal with it.
__________________
*****30+ trips since 1993*****
Wilderness Lodge x 5
Beach Club x 4
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #83
dsamama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 63

There is a huge difference between just bugs...and bedbugs. Putting your children to bed and having them attacked and breaking out with hundreds of bites by bedbugs in my opinion is a horror movie.
I understand what you are saying about trying not to let it ruin our vacation before it has happened but at the same time it is sort of hard for me.
perhaps some folks would not be upset by this but to me it is a big deal. I feel horrible for the OP and dont think it is blown out of control at all.
People should have a heads up.
We don't travel much in fact aside from a few weekend trips this is the first family vacation we will be taking. And it is pretty much a one time deal. we don't have a lot of money and if not for a very generous father in law we would not even be able to do this. I want our children to have wonderful memories ...not nightmares of being bitten by nasty bugs.
__________________


dsamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #84
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,340

Well the good news is: bedbugs do not carry blood borne illnesses like mosquitoes and ticks commonly do. However, they can be responsible for delusional parasitosis.
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #85
dsamama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Hill View Post
Well the good news is: bedbugs do not carry blood borne illnesses like mosquitoes and ticks commonly do. However, they can be responsible for delusional parasitosis.

Ha funny! But seriously I think i am already suffering from that just thinking about it. No matter how you say it bedbugs are gross and i don't want them near my kids or me....and surely not my home!
__________________


dsamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #86
BobbyBudnick
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamama View Post
I am now completely freaking out. We booked through VS just a day or two before this thread started and I don't think we can cancel without losing our deposit. I was so excited to stay here and now I feel sick to my stomach. don't know what to do.

Pretty much every resort gets bed bugs. Take a look at all the Disney resorts listed. Just because a resort isn't listed on the registry doesn't mean they have never had them. Honestly I figured BC would of had more posts on the registry about them. Don't cancel just because of stuff you read on the internet. Last year before my first trip someone posted about bed bugs at BC in one of the buildings. We ended up staying in that exact building during our trip. BC was awesome!!!! You can get bed bugs at any hotel in the world.

Last edited by BobbyBudnick; 02-11-2013 at 12:32 PM.
BobbyBudnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #87
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney
 
rdevine10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: a plane ride away from the Mouse!
Posts: 997

Almost all hotels have had bedbugs at one point or another. The key is to make sure you diligently check before you bring your things into the room. Check all beds, etc.

I am truly sorry the OP experienced this. And sorry the management did not handle this well.

This is not the 1st report I have seen of Bonnet Creek having bed bugs over the years, but yet, I would still take a chance and book here in the future. Even all of my favorite Disney Hotels have had them at one point of another.
__________________
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal

rdevine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #88
christophfam
DIS Veteran
 
christophfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 961

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdevine10 View Post
Almost all hotels have had bedbugs at one point or another. The key is to make sure you diligently check before you bring your things into the room. Check all beds, etc.

I am truly sorry the OP experienced this. And sorry the management did not handle this well.

This is not the 1st report I have seen of Bonnet Creek having bed bugs over the years, but yet, I would still take a chance and book here in the future. Even all of my favorite Disney Hotels have had them at one point of another.
I agree that most Orlando hotels have had them and are listed in the registry. The thing that would hold me back from booking this particular resort is how they handled it. I wouldn't want to stay someplace that treated a guest the way the OP was treated. Not to mention the fact that there is no way they got rid of the bedbugs in that room! They didn't even treat the whole area.

I'd stay at the Disney resorts that have had them because they go through the proper procedures to make sure guest don't take any home and that the room(s) are treated properly. This resort did not do that. That is why I'd never book there. Chances are much higher at this resort that they still have a problem and you may be the one walking into it.
__________________



Me DH DS (17) DD(14)
More trips than I can count! Every year 1-2 times for the last 17 years!! Disney and Universal stays - CSR, POP, All Stars, WL, AKL, RPR , HRH
christophfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #89
vivianmarie244
Mouseketeer
 
vivianmarie244's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophfam View Post
The thing that would hold me back from booking this particular resort is how they handled it. I wouldn't want to stay someplace that treated a guest the way the OP was treated. Not to mention the fact that there is no way they got rid of the bedbugs in that room! They didn't even treat the whole area.
vivianmarie244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #90
1mama2three
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLRuser View Post
i for one think this is being blown way out of controll. not worried about it at all.

its florida, there are bugs.

the op described something out of a horror movie. Me thinks it is just quite a bit over exagerated.

I travel a lot. Many hotels in many countries. i check, and have never 1 time had a bed bug issue.

I have seen various other bugs, ants and the like. You call the front desk and deal with them. you cant ruin a trip that you havent even taken because of the fear of the unknown.

relax. wait till you get there. if you have an issue deal with it.
I can understand how you might think this story is exaggerated, and I sure wish it was too. Unfortunately it is not, which is why we took photos to prove it. Photos of the bed, the bites...everything. They are going to be provided to management.

Believe me or not...but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check for bed bugs!!! If you find them, make sure they are treated correctly and demand answers. We've traveled on hundreds of hotels for personal and business reasons and this is the 1st time we've ever had something like this happen. Too bad the 1st time had to be so severe...I've learned my lesson the hard way.
__________________
Me DH DD- 8 DD- 6 DD- 3 DS- 2
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, FW-Campsites: Nov/Dec 2014
1mama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.