Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #136
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

Just for me, I think going to the extreme of stripping the bed completely upon arrival is unnecessary.

From what I've read, a conspicuous place to check on ANY bed furniture is at the corners of the mattress and box springs. I will undertake to pull up the duvet/bedspread, top sheet, fitted sheet, and pad at each corner and inspect the corner seams top and bottom.

For me, I've never been a big fan of hotel dressers. I put my suitcase on a (preferably wooden) chair, and put dirties directly into a separate laundry bag.

I think these days most chains - particularly the larger ones where reputations can take a hammering over stuff like this really fast - have stepped up their examination of rooms in this regard. When I visited a particular hotel for a weekend trip this last fall, the bedcorners were immaculate and the date the mattress was flipped was noted on an affixed tag.

I don't think anyone can 100% inspect a room to be guaranteed free of those evil things, but I think you can mitigate the risk quite a bit without entirely stripping the bed.
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #137
eMd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaTourist View Post
Just for me, I think going to the extreme of stripping the bed completely upon arrival is unnecessary.
It absolutely is not necessariy to completely strip the bed.
When I say strip the sheets and mattress pad, I mean lift it back around the corners so you can check the actual matress/box spring directly and not just what is on top of it.
eMd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #138
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaTourist View Post

From what I've read, a conspicuous place to check on ANY bed furniture is at the corners of the mattress and box springs. I will undertake to pull up the duvet/bedspread, top sheet, fitted sheet, and pad at each corner and inspect the corner seams top and bottom.

For me, I've never been a big fan of hotel dressers. I put my suitcase on a (preferably wooden) chair, and put dirties directly into a separate laundry bag.

I think these days most chains - particularly the larger ones where reputations can take a hammering over stuff like this really fast - have stepped up their examination of rooms in this regard. When I visited a particular hotel for a weekend trip this last fall, the bedcorners were immaculate and the date the mattress was flipped was noted on an affixed tag.

I don't think anyone can 100% inspect a room to be guaranteed free of those evil things, but I think you can mitigate the risk quite a bit without entirely stripping the bed.
Be careful of that wooden chair....they like that too. The absolutely best place to keep your luggage, although it is very inconvenient, is in the bath room. Specifically, the bath tub. I know, it's a pain, but those bugs like anything that isn't tile or metal.

Follow our Progress For March 2015http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50810740
ash-n-brensmom is online now   Reply With Quote