Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyAmb View Post
The decision I'm struggling with now is whether to have a rehearsal dinner or a desert party at Epcot the night before the wedding. :-)
Can you combine them?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #17
WittyAmb
Mouseketeer

Ha! I wish! I'd have to win the lottery!
WittyAmb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 03:51 AM   #18
disneyorbust123
Earning My Ears

We have booked with Rev Kev too and so far are more than happy with all the help and advice that has been given to us. We have spoken on the phone to his wife and she was lovely and answered all our queries. Although she also officiates we particularly wanted Rev Kev and they were more than happy to confirm our request. Carrie, the coordinater, is very helpful and replies promptly to all emails. We are currently in the process of choosing our ceremony from the very helpful ceremony planning kit sent to us by Rev Kev. We did also speak to other officiants by phone and email but none of them seemed to us to be as helpful as Rev Kev and his team.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #19
princessvirginia
And at Last, I See the Light

We're also trying to decide between officiants at the moment.

We are also going to try to have a rehearsal dinner viewing party at Epcot-- they are not nearly as bad as you think in price, from what I've seen.

Trips:

WDW: March '05 off-site , '08 WDWCP, , August '10 CV & WDW off-site , August '12 CVI & WDW (Got Engaged at Cinderella Castle) all-star music

Last edited by princessvirginia; 03-05-2013 at 11:16 AM.
princessvirginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #20
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I had Rev Kev and said up front no religious stuff and he complied. He also showed up in a suit and not religious looking robes which I thought made it less religious feeling. He was great, no complaints.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #21
WittyAmb
Mouseketeer

I'm hoping the DP party prices won't be too insane. A lot really depends on the amount of people who actually show up. We're inviting around 70 and I'm thinking maybe 50 will make it down there. I think my only other thing is because it's the night before the wedding it doesn't count towards the minimum. I definitely still want to do it but it all boils down to cost right now... or winning the lottery.
WittyAmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:10 AM   #22
pollypineapple8
Mouseketeer

I am having trouble deciding on officiants too. Iam getting married in 6mths and still havent booked anyone yet :/

Disney World Orlando - Ramada March 2010
Disneyland Paris - Dream Castle July 2012
Disney World Orlando - Polynesian Resort September 2013
pollypineapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #23
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyAmb View Post
From the get-go he's been transparent about pricing and payment due dates so I'm not concerned about that.
How much does he charge?

rrali33tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #24
pollypineapple8
Mouseketeer

I have just booked Rev Kevin Knox, I havent paid a deposit yet, Iam not even sure how much deposit is required. $250 normally for him, but because we are getting married late September its not peak season so $200.
He replied to my email almost instantly, sent me a planning package showing me all the different vows, all the different ceremonies offered etc. Very very helpful! Iam happy with my choice

Disney World Orlando - Ramada March 2010
Disneyland Paris - Dream Castle July 2012
Disney World Orlando - Polynesian Resort September 2013
pollypineapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #25
disneydania
Disney-obsessed & Proud of It

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollypineapple8 View Post
I have just booked Rev Kevin Knox, I havent paid a deposit yet, Iam not even sure how much deposit is required. $250 normally for him, but because we are getting married late September its not peak season so $200.
He replied to my email almost instantly, sent me a planning package showing me all the different vows, all the different ceremonies offered etc. Very very helpful! Iam happy with my choice
Same here. We booked Rev Kevin last month. Sent in a $50 deposit and were quoted $200 b/c it's only a vow renewal. All the planning info he sent us was amazing. Not knowing what a vow renewal would actually include seemed daunting until we read over his kit. Now we're so excited for the ceremony and everything we get to include in it, especially our children. He also performs a beautiful little ceremony within a ceremony (the blessing of the hands) which is perfect for us.

I would look at his videos to get a feel for his style and decide if that fits your personality. I did and they sold us on having him do our VR.

Family Trips: 04/04 Disneymoon POR, 01/05 Disney BabyMoon BWR, 12/06 Baby's 1st DIS Trip WL, 06/11 Boys' Joint B-day Trip CR, 01/13 Family Holiday Trip BCR

My single days: 1st WDW trip '83, WDW '85, WDW '86, DL '88, WDW '94, WDW '96, WDW '97, WDW '98, WDW '99, DLP '00, WDW '00, WDW '01, WDW '02, WDW '03

disneydania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #26
momplus3
Mouseketeer

We used Rev. Kevin for our 9/16/09 wedding and he was great! He sent us a package immediately after speaking with him and we had 2 phone meetings with him regarding our ceremony. We also ordered family medallions through him for my sons and they were reasonably priced. We did have a religious ceremony and he included the verses that we chose as well as a beautiful tribute and candle cermony in honor of my mom who had passed away 4 months before.

I would highly recommend him!

Tags
disney bride, disney weddings, officiants

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: