Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #16
03KM0
Earning My Ears

Great Tips! Thank you for your help...again. Lol. You're awesome.
03KM0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #17
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

we are staying at okw in march , a first time stay there but Ive read it is a very relaxing kind of resort so it looks like somewhere you may want to check out. we are not dvc members so if free dining comes up later for our next trip end of September may book there again., and be able to get free dining. Past trips we have stayed at the yacht club ,poly and caribbean beach.Any questions I may be able to help you with I would be glad to help just pm me. I love the planning part an have helped all my freinds and family plan their stays there!
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #18
03KM0
Earning My Ears

Thank you! I'll take you up on that offer!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #19
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Idk if you've decided on DVC Points for a deluxe, but if you haven't and full-price deluxe isn't in the budget, port Orleans riverside is the most romantic moderate resort (in my opinion).

Swan and Dolphin is an excellent option! Minus the awesome Disney decor, you get all the Disney amenities at a lower price -- super comfy beds, extra magic hours and really yummy, inexpensive room service. Plus, you're in the Boardwalk area so you can walk to EPCOT and HS or take a boat or walk over to the Boardwalk to explore

When are you going in Sept? My wedding is Sept. 30 at Disney!

I've never used a travel agent, but I scour these boards for restaurant menus and resort reviews!

Also, make sure you see if the dining plan is really worth it because a lot of times it doesn't really pay for itself!

My resort history: Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.

Upcoming: 9/2013 wedding/honeymoon trip at the Boardwalk Resort!
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #20
03KM0
Earning My Ears

I was looking at Port Orleans. ATM we're aiming to stay at a Jambo House villa working through a DVC member. If that somehow falls through I think we will do Port Orleans. I was looking at the French Quarter...gorgeous and it's in our price range!

We will be there the 22-29th. We'll miss you by a day! I hope your wedding is amazing! It's so cool that you're able to do that. Thank you for your help!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #21
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

I hope the DVC works out! I think French Quarter is smaller than Riverside, and Riverside has been renovated more recently

My resort history: Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.

Upcoming: 9/2013 wedding/honeymoon trip at the Boardwalk Resort!
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #22
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

we will be there September 26 so maybe we will catch a glimpse of your magicals day! the best wishes to you both!
Old 02-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #23
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Book a great hotel ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03KM0 View Post
Thank you I will definitely keep that into consideration!

I've talked with someone about renting DVC points and to a travel agent! If I can't get my mind on straight I will definitely go with the travel agent. However I'm starting to get into the planning now, disboards.com has been amazing!
Hi - I think for a HMoon you should book a great hotel. Of your choices, the Swan is in a great location (I stayed there a couple of times), you can walk to Epcot and all the great restaurants there. If you both fancy a glass of wine - that's a great perk as no driving.You also get Magic Hours (but you cannot get the dining plan at this hotel). The Swan is also right next to the Boardwalk. You can't really go wrong here. If you are looking at Disney property in this location I'd suggest the Beach club, we stayed at the Yacht club and thought the BC looked nicer (and fresher). We'd try the BC if we went back to that area. Good luck!
Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #24
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarPlumFairyUK View Post
Hi - I think for a HMoon you should book a great hotel. Of your choices, the Swan is in a great location (I stayed there a couple of times), you can walk to Epcot and all the great restaurants there. If you both fancy a glass of wine - that's a great perk as no driving.You also get Magic Hours (but you cannot get the dining plan at this hotel). The Swan is also right next to the Boardwalk. You can't really go wrong here. If you are looking at Disney property in this location I'd suggest the Beach club, we stayed at the Yacht club and thought the BC looked nicer (and fresher). We'd try the BC if we went back to that area. Good luck!
The Swan and Dolphin also offer incredible discounts to teachers, nurses, and government employees if by some chance one of those applies.

If we don't get a great deal at the Beach Club, we'll be booking a Deluxe Alcove room at the Dolphin next year. But I'm really REALLY hoping to return to the Beach Club. Not only is is a gorgeous, opulent resort, but they were phenomenal last year when my husband ended up in the ER.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club A change in plans...trying the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)

Last edited by Aliceacc; 02-10-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #25
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

While you are considering AKV at the Jambo house...you might also want to think about either the BCV (Beach Club Villas) or BWV (Boardwalk Villas). They both are beautiful resorts and have fantastic locations.

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
zurgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #26
03KM0
Earning My Ears

That would be wonderful! I'm sure we'll be the ones wearing the crazy hats and the Mr. and Mrs. shirts lol!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #27
03KM0
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarPlumFairyUK View Post

Yes we looked at the Swan! I'm hoping the AKV doesn't fall through but if it does this will be a good choice. We'll also look into the boardwalk!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #28
03KM0
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife View Post
While you are considering AKV at the Jambo house...you might also want to think about either the BCV (Beach Club Villas) or BWV (Boardwalk Villas). They both are beautiful resorts and have fantastic locations.

We will definitely take those into consideration!

Tags
honeymoon, military, resorts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: