Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #46
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I'm guessing its a contract with champion. Might have X amount of time left before they can take bids to change providers.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #47
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

The main issue I have with women-specific tech shirts (or t-shirts in general) is there is no consistency with sizing, even within the same company. I have several different tech shirts that are gender-specific, and there is NO consistency with sizing. One company I wear an XL, one I wear an L. I've even got two shirts from the same manufacturer - same race, different years - one is a XXL and one is an XL...but held up together they're the same size.

If they're going to go gender specific, they need to legitimately get the measurements from the company and post them so we can make informed choices about what size we order. Especially since they don't give you the chance to exchange your shirt if it doesn't fit.
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #48
Stitch_lover_Sith
So I want to weigh in on this discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720
The main issue I have with women-specific tech shirts (or t-shirts in general) is there is no consistency with sizing, even within the same company. I have several different tech shirts that are gender-specific, and there is NO consistency with sizing. One company I wear an XL, one I wear an L. I've even got two shirts from the same manufacturer - same race, different years - one is a XXL and one is an XL...but held up together they're the same size.

If they're going to go gender specific, they need to legitimately get the measurements from the company and post them so we can make informed choices about what size we order. Especially since they don't give you the chance to exchange your shirt if it doesn't fit.
Oh they did this for the Disneyland half shirts after the race sold out.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #49
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post

More on topic. I would prefer just to have a unisex and a female option. The way my body type is female cut shirts aren't very comfortable (part of the reason why buying Tink and Princess expo stuff is a pain). So I don't want to be thrown in with female cut shirts just because I'm a girl. Who knows maybe when I'm thinner after the surgery I will be more willing to wear girl cut shirts but right now they aren't extremely comfortable for me. Give us options is what I say.

I'm a curvy 36DD size 8ish woman who is 5'4", but I am very short in the torso. I HATE women's shirts unless I buy them 2 sizes up! I like kids size XL best, but will take a men's small or medium next and then finally, if it's a "woman's cut" I'll take an XL.

That said, I'm thinking of paying up to run the TOT 10 miler in October. From what I'm hearing about the Disney shirts here, I'll probably cut the logo(s) off the unisex shirt (I hate tech fabrics across the back of my shoulders, except for charged cotton as they make me feel like I'm going to break out in a rash, but it's totally okay in a bra. Go figure.) and figure out some way to put it on one of my messenger bags, LOL! I'd much prefer an el-cheapo cotton shirt in the right size.

Last edited by snarlingcoyote; 02-23-2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: syntax error
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #50
tiki23
Able to leap a double stroller in a single *splat*
A hot glue gun was my best friend

Sis and I did a local 8k this weekend. It was a small, community event to benefit an animal rehab and protection group. Only about 250 runners. But, they had the nicest race shirts I've received to date.

C'mon Disney - give us better options and better quality!
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Just Me DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Fam & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run/Reunion 10/13 POP! ~ ASP w/Sis Princess Wknd 2/14 DLand Half Marathon 8/14 11/14 Avenger Half Marathon
tiki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #51
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Looks like they listened!!!!

Marathon weekend registration shows men's and women's shirts. Woohoooo!!!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 04-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #52
ZellyB
DIS Veteran

This is great! Hopefully those of us who contacted them helped make the difference.
ZellyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #53
camandjacksmom
Mouseketeer

I registered for dopey on Tuesday and ordered a women's large!! The rumors are true we will have both unisex and women's cuts for marathon weekend!!!

Me : DH DS(15) DS (11)

October 2014-TBD and Girls Cruise!!!January 2014-POR,January 2013-POR,September 2012-POR,February 2012- POR,June 2011-POR,October 2010- Off Site,January 2010- Off Site,June 2009-Disneyland,January 2009-Off Site,December 2008- Off Site,Dec 2007-Off Site,June 2001- Disneyland, May 2001- Fort Wilderness, Dec 1998-Disneyland
camandjacksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #54
Danhockey04
Mouseketeer

I'm happy they finally changed this and not only this. So glad the corralling system has changed. Also glad no more changing of corrals after the fact and hopefully with the more strict proof listing will result in actual checking of those proof of times. Few good things happening, will see how they work out and hope for more better things too.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #55
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post

Hey Patty, I LOVE your new avatar, it's great!

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #56
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Thanks! My favorite!!!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 04-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #57
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danhockey04 View Post
I'm happy they finally changed this and not only this. So glad the corralling system has changed. Also glad no more changing of corrals after the fact and hopefully with the more strict proof listing will result in actual checking of those proof of times. Few good things happening, will see how they work out and hope for more better things too.
What are they asking for now?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 04-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #58
Danhockey04
Mouseketeer

Instead of just race, year and time; they now ask for city, state, race, date, time, distance, probably to make it easier for them to check the proof.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #59
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

They listened. They announced they will have womens cut shirts for the DW marthon in Januay.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #60
tiki23
Able to leap a double stroller in a single *splat*
A hot glue gun was my best friend

YES!! Thanks, run Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZellyB View Post
This is great! Hopefully those of us who contacted them helped make the difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
They listened. They announced they will have womens cut shirts for the DW marthon in Januay.
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Just Me DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Fam & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run/Reunion 10/13 POP! ~ ASP w/Sis Princess Wknd 2/14 DLand Half Marathon 8/14 11/14 Avenger Half Marathon
tiki23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: