Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
mssjss
Earning My Ears

Is it too early to book for halloween

Halloween is my sons favorite holiday. Our streets have become pathetic for trick or treating so this year I promised the kids we'd celebrate Halloween in Disneyland!

So far I have found $74 /child $79/ adult tickets. I found an ok hotel close by for $55 a night. Right now the thought of $337 tickets and room has me jumping for joy at the cheapness of this trip!!

As for the mnsshp how much do tickets usually run? Would it be safe to lock in my pricing now for tickets and hotel even though mnsshp tickets aren't available yet? I've noticed a couple sites and threads say tickets sell out fast. What are the chances of even getting tickets in on Halloween?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
mssjss
Earning My Ears

Maybe I'm reading these trip advisors wrong... So technically I don't need to buy park hopper tickets in order to get into mnsshp? So I could just buy the mnsshp tickets to get in? If that's true, what time are we allowed to enter the park with those tickets? Another blog said that Disney offers you to go into the park three hours before the party starts when you buy them before the party, is that true?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
Elk Grove Chris
DIS Veteran

Yes, that is how those tickets work. You can enter the park up to 3 hours before the party, I would recommend trying to go on a Tuesday if you can.
Elk Grove Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
emmybee
Earning My Ears

I took my family this past Halloween. When I found out about the Halloween Party the previous spring, I couldn't pass it up! Just keep an eye out on the website for the sale date and jump on them quick! I wanted to go on Halloween, so the price (and my memory is horrible) was an additional $70 per person on top of park admission. Different days are slightly less expensive.

We hung out in DL that day and got our wristbands inside the park a few hours before the event actually started. There wasn't much of a crowd, so getting on the rides was no sweat! The park definitely got packed, but there are several sites that each have something like 5 staff members handing out candy (and carrot sticks >:P) Those lines move pretty fast even though they appear long, so don't fret! The best part were the villain characters, and those lines were long, kinda slow, but worth it. The parade was short (kinda disappointing), and the fireworks were fun. I wish I could go every year!
emmybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
Donna1988
Donna1988

Mickeys Halloween Party

Tickets last year, went on sale towards the end of August. In advance they were $54.00 each. The party is only on selected nights..Tuesdays and Fridays. We were able to enter the park at 3pm..and in costume too. ;-)
To save money, we planned it just perfectly. We only bought 2 day hoppers and then with the 3rd day being able to get in at 3, why waste money on another days' ticket? The party goes to midnight, so from 3pm to mid, we got in another day at Disney at a cheaper rate, plus, no kidding, about 60lbs of candy. Most rides were walk on and the fireworks were AMAZING...total different vibe and atmosphere at this time of year. Its our favorite time to go. Low crowds, perfect weather, and great trick or treats!

Also, some hotels allow you to book with out a deposit. I suggest reserving rooms (yes, rooms..do several hotels if possible) and lock in the rate now. Every other week or so, recheck the rates and see if they are any lower. Feb and Mar seem to be when rates for Oct run the lowest. If you reserve a room now and the rates change (for the better) just re-reserve the room at the new rate.

Have fun!
Donna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: