Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #16
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quick and painless check-in...gotta love it! Your daughter is just adorable!

Lump me into the category of not being a GF fan. Somehow Stanley Kubrick and "The Shining" come to mind whenever we go over there.

Birthday Celebration on the Dream!
iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #17
Meganyvemarie
Mouseketeer

Subbing

Were booked on the Fantasy in January 2014 so I cant wait to hear all about your experience! That photo of your daughters expression when she saw Cinderella is priceless!

06/01/2008 Disney Wonder 4-night Bahamas
22/01/2012 Disney Wonder 7-night Mexican Riviera
30/09/2012 Disney Wonder 7-night California Coast
18/01/2014 Disney Fantasy 7-night Western Caribbean
Meganyvemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #18
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Yay another good TR to read! I just read your Pre Trip Report and the start of you TR, your family seems lovely and I can't wait to read more. Thanks for taking the time to write it.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #19
CarolyninCO
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post

YAY! Have you stayed concierge before? Please let me know if you have any questions.

Not only is this our first time in concierge, this is our first time on DCL! My little girl will be about the same age as Jayden, so looking forward to reading your experiences.
CarolyninCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #20
KarenMP59
DVC Member

Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea February 2001Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2004Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2005Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2009Fantasy Eastern Caribbean May 2012Fantasy Eastern Caribbean April 2013Fantasy Western Caribbean March 2014Wonder Alaska September 2014Fantasy Eastern Caribbean February 2015

DVC 1997
Too many visits to WDW to count
KarenMP59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #21
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

Love Julia and Alice (have not met Kemisha)! They really are so great and so sweet, aren't they?!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #22
Guineveree
Landing in a Field of Dreams

Hi Cassie! By any chance, do you remember your room # at the GF? I would love to try the dormer room with a view to the fireworks...but I am with you, flowery wallpaper gives me headaches! Thankfully we don't spend too much time in the room!

As for the stateroom, I would love to hear more about the balcony and whether the proximity of each grand suite hot tubs was an issue. We managed to snag room 12000 for a Western in 2014, and wonder if we will be "partying by proxy"

So happy you, hubby and DD had a great time!!

Guineveree

Guineveree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #23
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Hi-have been following your pre trip report and will definitely sub to this one. I am sailing November 30 on the Fantasy. We go to St. Martin instead of San Juan. Just loving the pics of Jayden as Cinderella (my FAVE princess). Just.SO.adorable! Did you join a cruise meet group? If so, did you do FE? I am curious, because that is what I am doing and want to make sure what I get the kids will be enjoyed. Can't wait to read the rest. Btw-did you post the video of the reveal and I missed it?

Siggy aka Jill

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #24
momof2disprincesses
I love my INCREDIBLE family!!!

Location: Appleton, WI (most of the year). AKV is our "new" home!

So excited to hear more about your trip! Your daughter is very adorable!!!

We are sailing on the Fantasy in June 2014, so I'm excited to follow along with your trip and get excited about ours. On our trip, we will be celebrating mine and DH's 25th anniversary and our 2 DD's graduations (one from college, one from high school).

I wish we could book concierge, but I will have to live that part vicariously through you.
33 trips...SO FAR! June 1989-Honeymoon! August 2002-CBR & Disney Wonder!! October 2003-offsite October 2004-offsite August 2005-1st FREE dining & WL Jan. 2006-WDW, 2nd Disney cruise & Nick Hotel! May 2006-POP adults only Aug. 2006-POP & 2nd FREE dining! Christmas 2006-POFQ April 2007-Easter at Pop Aug. 2007-3rd Free dining at Pop Sept. 2007-first trip to Disneyland! Feb. 2008- Beach Club, DCL & Pop ~ joined DVC! Sept. 2008 - 4th FREE dining! - POFQ Oct. 2008 - SSR & MNSSHP! Christmas 2008 - All Star Sports & FREE dining! June 2009 - Kidani Village for our 20th anniversary July 4th, 2009 at Pop!Aug. 09 - Pop again! Sept. 2009 - POFQ and 6th FREE dining Halloween 2009 at Kidani June 2010 Kidani for 2 graduations & a marriage proposal.Free dining & Halloween at Pop CenturyChristmas and New Year's 2010 - BCV & AKV Spring break 2011 at Old Key West June 2011 Celebrating 22 years of marriage at Kidani Halloween 2011 at POFQ with FREE dining for the 8th time Disney Cruise on the Dream April 2012 July 2012 at Kidani & Cocoa Beach Kidani & Jambo house club level Christmas 2012 Spring break 2013 offsite Celebrating 24 years of Happily Ever After at OKWChristmas/New Years 2013 with free dining at Coronado Springs

UPCOMING:
June 2014 - Beach Club & Fantasy Cruise!

10 nights celebrating our empty nest at Kidani!
momof2disprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #25
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Quick and painless check-in...gotta love it! Your daughter is just adorable!

Lump me into the category of not being a GF fan. Somehow Stanley Kubrick and "The Shining" come to mind whenever we go over there.
I can totally see that! Thanks, by the way, we think she is cute, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganyvemarie View Post
Subbing

Were booked on the Fantasy in January 2014 so I cant wait to hear all about your experience! That photo of your daughters expression when she saw Cinderella is priceless!
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Yay another good TR to read! I just read your Pre Trip Report and the start of you TR, your family seems lovely and I can't wait to read more. Thanks for taking the time to write it.
Thanks for reading along! I'm not done, yet, so wait for any credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolyninCO View Post
Not only is this our first time in concierge, this is our first time on DCL! My little girl will be about the same age as Jayden, so looking forward to reading your experiences.
So awesome! You will love it, but I can tell you, it is hard to even consider going non-concierge afterwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMP59 View Post
mmmm...more popcorn! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandNessa View Post
Love Julia and Alice (have not met Kemisha)! They really are so great and so sweet, aren't they?!
They are all wonderful! You won't be disappointed with Kemisha, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineveree View Post
Hi Cassie! By any chance, do you remember your room # at the GF? I would love to try the dormer room with a view to the fireworks...but I am with you, flowery wallpaper gives me headaches! Thankfully we don't spend too much time in the room!

As for the stateroom, I would love to hear more about the balcony and whether the proximity of each grand suite hot tubs was an issue. We managed to snag room 12000 for a Western in 2014, and wonder if we will be "partying by proxy"

So happy you, hubby and DD had a great time!!
We had room 9442 at GF. The balcony is unbelievable. I'm not good at estimating measurements, but it was at least 20 feet deep. We had no issues with the hot tubs next door. Sailing out of San Juan, we were all up on our furniture taking pictures, and everyone was very friendly. I could hear the bubbles from their hot tubs running, but it was peaceful to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Hi-have been following your pre trip report and will definitely sub to this one. I am sailing November 30 on the Fantasy. We go to St. Martin instead of San Juan. Just loving the pics of Jayden as Cinderella (my FAVE princess). Just.SO.adorable! Did you join a cruise meet group? If so, did you do FE? I am curious, because that is what I am doing and want to make sure what I get the kids will be enjoyed. Can't wait to read the rest. Btw-did you post the video of the reveal and I missed it?

Siggy aka Jill
Thanks for reading along! St. Maarten is beautiful, too - we stopped there on our Eastern Caribbean cruise 2 years ago. Cinderella is Jayden's favorite, too (for now). We did join the cruise meet group on here; we also had a portion of that group that decided to join facebook together. It was really nice because I felt like I got to know people a bit better before we cruised. We did not do the FE this time. Just didn't want additional stress/bags this time, but we would probably do it again in the future.

I didn't post the video. I need to edit out some of it because there was a message for the grandparents at the end. I need to figure out how to do that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2disprincesses View Post
So excited to hear more about your trip! Your daughter is very adorable!!!

We are sailing on the Fantasy in June 2014, so I'm excited to follow along with your trip and get excited about ours. On our trip, we will be celebrating mine and DH's 25th anniversary and our 2 DD's graduations (one from college, one from high school).

I wish we could book concierge, but I will have to live that part vicariously through you.
Thanks! You will love the Fantasy and so much to celebrate! Make sure you tell them all of this, because Disney likes to celebrate, too!

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #26
cblack
Mousketeer

Lunch, the Room, and Wandering Around

After leaving the concierge lounge, we decided to go to Cabana's for lunch. Oye! OK, folks...pay attention, here, this is important...Public Service Announcement:
Cabana's does NOT have one single line to go through 10 different stations. There are supposed to be 10 different lines. There will be workers there telling you this...BELIEVE THEM! Getting lunch was a nightmare, because if you tried to do the lines like they told you to, people made snarky comments about how you need to get in the beginning of the line to get your food. It was painful to say the least. We only went back to Cabana's one other time and that was for breakfast. Next time, I will likely go to the rotational dining restaurant for lunch the first day.

After lunch, it was about 12:30 and we knew that our rooms would be ready. We headed back to the forward part of the boat so we could check it out!!! We met our room host, Vincente. He was amazing all week long; I can't say enough positive things about him. Our room was amazing. Here are some photos:

Spare bathroom sink, toilet, and shower (to the right when you walk in the main door):

As you walk down the hallway, past the bathroom, there are 2 closets on your right and one on your left. Then, to the left of the hallway is the master bedroom:

To the left of the bedroom is the master bath. WOW! That tub is HUGE!

Then, straight from the hallway is the living area:

To the left of the living area is the dining area:

And outside those glass doors is the beautiful deck. This feature alone makes this the best 1 bedroom stuite in my opinion.

Also, just to the right of the hallway is the pull down bed (it is the rectangle wooden thing on the wall, and pulls down with very hard metal railings that hurt if you run into them -- more on that later ):

What on earth of on the TV in this shot

After checking out the room and realizing that Jayden did indeed want to go swimming, we kind of said, "hmmmm." OK, Disboards has taught me better than this - you either wear your swimsuit or keep it in your carryon. I failed my teachers. We told Jayden we could go check out the ship, and SURELY, our bags would be back in enough time to swim before the sailaway party. Right?

While on our way to see the kid's clubs, we ran into Minnie!

There have been many photos of the kids clubs, so I'm not going to post those. If you have specific questions, please let me know! We were able to get Jayden's Mickey Band quickly and we played for a bit. Here's another Public Service Announcement (bonus, right?):
The slinky dog tunnel is not large enough for an adult. I know this from experience. Here you can see that I made it in:

But, I promise, the pictures Jeremy took of me getting out were UGLY! Oh well, maybe the folks watching the security cameras got a laugh that day!

At this point, it was after 2 and Jayden still wanted to swim, so we headed back to the room. Still no bags. So, we introduced Jayden to the on-demand TV and watched Sleeping Beauty. Perfect, but no swimming! We also had a visitor in the deck above us (Hi Sarbah )

I did forget to mention all of the goodies we had when we got to our room. Jayden had a basket from Cinderella (aka Shirley) which included a coloring book, crayons, stickers, sand toys, hershey kisses, and chips ahoy chocolate chip cookies. Jeremy and I also got a basket from Cinderella (she is so nice) with Dr. Pepper, popcorn, and candy. We received a bookbag from our travel agent with Disney playing cards and card holders, and we received the bookbag from Disney for being silver castaway members. It felt like Christmas on top of Christmas!

Next up: Sailaway Party, the "Mustard" drill, Mad-Dash Unpacking, and Dinner at Animator's Pallette

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #27
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Cabanas is so hit or miss with people knowing what to do (or not what to do). We were lucky on our Oct 2012 Dream sailing. Pretty much everyone had the idea down pat of just moving right to the station you wanted something from. Even my first-time-she-ever-cruised friend figured it all out without me uttering a word on how it works. Sorry you had to deal with that!

Looking forward to hearing more!

Birthday Celebration on the Dream!
iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #28
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

Thanks for the room pics! I have heard that 12000 has its own hallway before you get to the room, true or no? Just trying to figure out if we will have two doors to open to get to the room. Thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #29
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

I'm enjoying your TR...Jayden is such a cutie!

Love the photos. I am hoping to book a cruise on the Fantasy soon. We've only cruised the classics so far, so I'm excited to see your Fantasy photos!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #30
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

on board!
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-11, 2014 Poly, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12000, 2013, concierge, eastern, fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: