Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
wheels on fire
Mouseketeer

booking /cancelling ADR when group

Two completely separate bookings for the holidays but wdw are aware travelling part of group as plan is friend will help out where needed( im in a wheelchair fulltime and ds uses one part time .But plan is that i book the ADR for both of us ( me and ds and dd ) and my friend and her son so were sitting together .

I have both reference numbers .Now my only concern is obviously if friend drops out of holiday .Will i need change inform the ADR that theres less people coming for the booking so don`t get charged as for some of them it is my credit card there be holding .

Am worried as two numbers so they may see as two separate groups and just me and dc turn up they then charge for other group or if i phone up to alter then they cancel it all and i then struggle get bookings
wheels on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels on fire View Post
Two completely separate bookings for the holidays but wdw are aware travelling part of group as plan is friend will help out where needed( im in a wheelchair fulltime and ds uses one part time .But plan is that i book the ADR for both of us ( me and ds and dd ) and my friend and her son so were sitting together .

I have both reference numbers .Now my only concern is obviously if friend drops out of holiday .Will i need change inform the ADR that theres less people coming for the booking so don`t get charged as for some of them it is my credit card there be holding .

Am worried as two numbers so they may see as two separate groups and just me and dc turn up they then charge for other group or if i phone up to alter then they cancel it all and i then struggle get bookings
It sounds like you have 2 separate resort reservations for where you are staying, but you want to make just one reservation for all 5 of you when you're dining.

If you want to all sit at the same table in the restaurant make one reservation. The only time you need to link your resort reservation # is if you're taking advantage of the 180 + 10 and for that you'll only need one of the resort res #. If the res requires a credit card guarantee (signature restaurants and places with character meals), as long as at least one person shows up for the reservation you won't be charged the no show/no cancel fee so you don't need to call and change the number of people on the res. You also don't have to call if there's no cc guarantee requirement.

If you're doing CRT or one of the dinner shows (Hoop de Doo, luau, Mickey's barbecue) you can use dining plan credits (if you have one of the plans), but again you will have to link your resort res. Without a dining plan you will have to pay in full when you make the res. For any of the pre-pay reservations I would call if your friend decides not to go. When you call, let the CM know you are NOT cancelling the res, just modifying the number of people who will be there. If the CM wants to cancel your res, ask for a supervisor or hang up and call again to get a different CM.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
wheels on fire
Mouseketeer

Thank you yes that i exactly the case .Holiday is two different reservation numbers in case friend has to cancel for a reason (ongoing legal issues ).And did not want my holiday messed up if did

Yes we both have the DDP as part of our holiday
wheels on fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: