Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
writersblock42
DIS Veteran

Please look at my meals and tell me what you think

Here are a list of meals. We are going the second week in June. We have DDP but we want to stretch our plan into 8 days even though we are only staying 7 nights. I have a dd aged 5 and son aged 14. The dd is somewhat picky but loves Princesses and characters and the boy puts away some serious food, loves buffets and Star Wars. Dh and I can work up a pretty good appetite too with all the walking. We will try anything but appreciate good food but looking more for a fun atmosphere and the most bang for our buck.
Arrival Day-Undecided but not going into the parks. So these are some of our choices- T-rex, Cape May Café, captain’s grille, planet Hollywood, whispering canyon, raglan road, ohana, sanaa
Sunday-DHS
Pizza Planet Starring Rolls or other counter service (running total 1 ts used, 2 cs)
Monday-Magic Kingdom
Crystal Palace lunch
Snacks and something small OOP for dinner (2 ts, 2cs)
Tuesday-
Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch or other cs if wait is too long
Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang puck express or other cs not in park
Stay in the park until 4 to see the parade and then chill in the evening. Running total: (2, 4 cs)
Wednesday-Epcot
Askershus for lunch (Ts)-this one is already reserved.
Teppan Edo (ts)-not booked yet still deciding on this or a French restaurant
Running total (4 ts, 4 cs)
Thursday
Biergarten for lunch or dinner
Something in France for cs (5 ts, 5cs)
Friday
Animal Kingdom
Flame tree BBQ
Boma (6ts,6cs) this is already reserved.
Saturday
Chef Mickey in evening as last thing we will do. Already reserved. Cs depending on what park we go to undecided right now.
On-Site 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
On-Site 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
writersblock42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
tammilynne
Mouseketeer

Earl of Sandwich--LOVE

We always go to pizza planet... my 2 boys love this one

We have done chef mickey and crystal palace on both our previous trips but always for breakfast.. character interaction is great at both.. food is average

June 2006 All Star Movies - Star Wars weekends
July 2011 All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- Disney/Universal trip
June 2013 Coronado Springs -Star Wars Weekends
tammilynne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
marshmeloh
Ev'rybody has a Laughing Place... mine is WDW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by writersblock42
Here are a list of meals. We are going the second week in June. We have DDP but we want to stretch our plan into 8 days even though we are only staying 7 nights. I have a dd aged 5 and son aged 14. The dd is somewhat picky but loves Princesses and characters and the boy puts away some serious food, loves buffets and Star Wars. Dh and I can work up a pretty good appetite too with all the walking. We will try anything but appreciate good food but looking more for a fun atmosphere and the most bang for our buck.
Arrival Day-Undecided but not going into the parks. So these are some of our choices- T-rex, Cape May Café, captain’s grille, planet Hollywood, whispering canyon, raglan road, ohana, sanaa
Sunday-DHS
Pizza Planet Starring Rolls or other counter service (running total 1 ts used, 2 cs)
Monday-Magic Kingdom
Crystal Palace lunch
Snacks and something small OOP for dinner (2 ts, 2cs)
Tuesday-
Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch or other cs if wait is too long
Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang puck express or other cs not in park
Stay in the park until 4 to see the parade and then chill in the evening. Running total: (2, 4 cs)
Wednesday-Epcot
Askershus for lunch (Ts)-this one is already reserved.
Teppan Edo (ts)-not booked yet still deciding on this or a French restaurant
Running total (4 ts, 4 cs)
Thursday
Biergarten for lunch or dinner
Something in France for cs (5 ts, 5cs)
Friday
Animal Kingdom
Flame tree BBQ
Boma (6ts,6cs) this is already reserved.
Saturday
Chef Mickey in evening as last thing we will do. Already reserved. Cs depending on what park we go to undecided right now.
Hi there,

You definitely have some good choices. For your arrival night where are you staying? I would definitely say that makes a difference since resort to resort transportation with kids after a day of travel could be a pain. Might be best to pick somewhere you can walk to or take one bus to (DTD). I must say out of those choices in general I'd say ohana or whispering canyon. They have the best food in my opinion out of those but are also really fun environments. The antics of whispering canyon and music and coconut races at ohana are very fun!

I know you've reserved akershus for lunch but did you consider a later breakfast? My family loved breakfast there (they still talk about it years later) and that would give you more time between adrs for rides in future world or exploring the showcase and for you to be hungry again. Personally I wouldn't do TS for lunch and dinner the same day because of the amount of food but also having kids sit for so long back to back. Just a thought though, you know your family better than I do!

Last edited by marshmeloh; 02-17-2013 at 09:44 AM.
marshmeloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by writersblock42 View Post
here are a list of meals. We are going the second week in june. We have ddp but we want to stretch our plan into 8 days even though we are only staying 7 nights. I have a dd aged 5 and son aged 14. The dd is somewhat picky but loves princesses and characters and the boy puts away some serious food, loves buffets and star wars. Dh and i can work up a pretty good appetite too with all the walking. We will try anything but appreciate good food but looking more for a fun atmosphere and the most bang for our buck.
Arrival day-undecided but not going into the parks. So these are some of our choices- t-rex, cape may café, captain’s grille, planet hollywood, whispering canyon, raglan road, ohana, sanaa - go with sanaa. Make an early dinner (around 5 when restaurant opens adr so it is easier to get a window table to view animals).
sunday-dhs
pizza planet starring rolls or other counter service (running total 1 ts used, 2 cs) - i would go to backlot express for good counter service @ dhs.
monday-magic kingdom
crystal palace lunch
snacks and something small oop for dinner (2 ts, 2cs) i like columbia harbour house for dinner as a counter service with good seafood choices.
tuesday-
be our guest restaurant for lunch or other cs if wait is too long
earl of sandwich or wolfgang puck express or other cs not in park - can not go wrong with either but i would give the slight edge to earl of sandwich
stay in the park until 4 to see the parade and then chill in the evening. Running total: (2, 4 cs)
wednesday-epcot
askershus for lunch (ts)-this one is already reserved. - this is the perfect choice it sounds for the description of your kids.
teppan edo (ts)-not booked yet still deciding on this or a french restaurant - i would either do teppan edo; or if your family is huge pizza fans do via napoli (the only good pizza on disney property.
running total (4 ts, 4 cs)
thursday
biergarten for lunch or dinner - i would pick teppan edo and via napoli over biergarten imo.
something in france for cs (5 ts, 5cs) - les halles boulangerie patisserie is a good choice; but i would pick tangerine cafe or sunshine seasons over it for counter service.
friday - good choices
animal kingdom
flame tree bbq
boma (6ts,6cs) this is already reserved.
Saturday
chef mickey in evening as last thing we will do. Already reserved. Cs depending on what park we go to undecided right now.
my opinions are above in blue font.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

Great choices!

On arrival day, Ohana or Cape May buffet would be good options. The Poly resort is really pretty and the food at Ohana is delicious. Regarding Cape May, you can sit on the dock outside of the Beach Club and its really peaceful, or take the boat over to the Boardwalk and see the magic show and watch the fireworks (from a distance). Boma and Chef Mickeys are must-do's for my family as well. I tried to steer DH and DD away from Teppan edo this year to try something new (not that it's bad, we've just done it many times), but they insist on it! So, we will pay OOP to try Chefs de France and Rose & Crown. I am obsessed with getting an ADR to see Remy...DH not so much...

Last edited by frannn; 02-17-2013 at 10:19 AM.
frannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
writersblock42
DIS Veteran

We are staying at the Coronado Springs Resort and we plan to do most of our traveling on Friday (driving so we have a car) so Saturday will be a pretty relaxing day so it doesn't really matter if we need to drive to any restaurant just one a fun one as our first day at Disney.
On-Site 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
On-Site 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
writersblock42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: