DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

DVC golf rates

I know not many people knew the DVC golf rates when I asked, so here's what I found out today, at least for late April. Before 3:00pm, they'll be $69. At 3:00, they go down to $59, and at 4:00, they go down again, to $39. And if anyone's wondering the AP/PAP rates are $10 less, but they can only be booked 14 days out. DH chose to spend $10 more to get the times he wanted. I remember a time when each course had a slightly different rate, but all courses are the same rate.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
drusba

DIS Veteran

They are quoting $59 for the annual passholder for late April and May. I am not sure what has happened since the Disney official info has not been changed from the the 30% off the Day Guest rate (which would make it more like $87 with an AP discount, the Day guest rate at that time will be about $125; the resort guest rate off of which comes the 35% DVC discount is $105). I hope the phone answerers don't have it wrong. If that is the percentage where the AP discount is going to be year around we are talking about a 50% discount for AP making it almost a must buy for any golfer since you could play 6-7 rounds a year or just 2 to 3 rounds with three players and get enough discounts to pay for the AP.

If that rate is real and you have an AP your DH should consider calling 14 days out and seeing what is available to make a switch. I have found for that time of year that you can often get what you want or very close to it 14 days out.

Last edited by drusba; 02-25-2013 at 10:52 AM.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Great idea of checking at 14 days. I don't know why I never thought of thar.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any info on the golf lessons offered? My dh and I don't play golf (except for mini) but we've done driving ranges and putting greens...

Do you think the pros are worthwhile and we'll learn something? I'm not sure how much the lessons cost, but I think they're 45 mins long...

Any info or opinion would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
Rob&Jan
"They can't hit ya"

Not sure what the rates are now but 2 years ago my wife and I took a lesson together for $90 which was with a DVC discount and the pro went back and forth between us working on different things for the 45 minutes. We are golfers and found the quality of the lesson to be very high, remember these are pro quality courses.
If I could be so bold, as new golfers if want to take up the game long term I would suggest establishing a relationship with a local pro who could follow you as you progress. If you just want to have some fun while you're at Disney then go for it. Just remember if you enjoyed yourselves then you should tip them.
Happy golfing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: