Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #61
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I swear I can reach out and touch Space Mountain

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
That is too cool!!

Quote:
And so I have concluded that midnight is the magical time that the lights go out. The bus stops at MK are no longer lit up, the GF wedding pavilion has gone dark and besides the castle and Main Street train station not much else is glowing.

I bet the castle looks even better with the lighting like that.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #62
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wow, you took me right there! That looks like such amazing spot........oh sorry lost in thought there! Glad you are having a wonderful time. You are braver than me, I still have not tried ToT, maybe on trip #4 in May I will be brave enough! Maybe.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #63
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wow, you took me right there! That looks like such amazing spot........oh sorry lost in thought there! Glad you are having a wonderful time. You are braver than me, I still have not tried ToT, maybe on trip #4 in May I will be brave enough! Maybe.
The Tower of Terror is my absolute favorite!! You should try it!!

Melissa you've got me seriously contemplating a TPV at CR....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #64
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Here Candace, a little fuel for your RC fire

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #65
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
oh my, that would drive me nuts. I would have to use the Keurig a lot more than I do now.
Yep...and I work nights...so my mornings....

Quote:
Last night DH and I were sitting on the balcony looking over at the MK and said how truly submerged in Disney we felt. There truly is something magical about the CR TPV. He even said it wasn't even just the TPV but looking over to the GF and Poly is beautiful. As long as it is sunny in the morning I'll take some pics to post of the view.

I love that your DH is happy too!! Where's Kook? Think she's called CRO yet...

Quote:
I'm still out here and it's almost midnight

Love it!!!

Quote:
And so I have concluded that midnight is the magical time that the lights go out. The bus stops at MK are no longer lit up, the GF wedding pavilion has gone dark and besides the castle and Main Street train station not much else is glowing.

I was doing laundry late at night at GF...and I was sitting by the marina, around 11pm I looked up and the castle was dark...silly me..I didn't know the lights ever went out

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #66
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I figure while the kids are taking showers I would go back try to get some comments in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
Count our whole family in as ketchup on Mac and Cheese people!! Looking forward to more Melissa! Glad DH is happy...
Yeah, DD puts ketchup on just about everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

We love Sci-Fi!

no ketchup for us, but we LOVE mac n'cheese....

Happy that so far the GF trip is going well!!
Sci-Fi is one of our must do's!!! DS loves the quiet dark atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

All you needed to bring was a sleeping bag and you could sleep out there.
Hmmm, that's an idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
I really liked ToT, you should really try it next time!!!!!!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest

Last edited by babyberger; 02-08-2013 at 10:30 PM.
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #67
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
The main reason my DH wants to add another day to our trip is to be able to go to DHS to finally get me to ride ToT and RnRC. I'm just afraid I'll get sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I thought my mornings were hard enough having to get up at 7 AM and not going to bed until midnight - 1 AM. They were really bad when I didn't go to bed until 3:30 - 4 AM and had to get up at 7.

Quote:
I was doing laundry late at night at GF...and I was sitting by the marina, around 11pm I looked up and the castle was dark...silly me..I didn't know the lights ever went out
That's what I assumed as well.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #68
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess it's time for an update

Lets see, I went on ToT for the first time ever. DH and I couldn't figure out why I've never been on but the kids finally wanted to try it so I got to go, YAY!

We also finally got to go on the new Test Track. DS was soooo happy as it's one of his favs and it has been closed the past three times we were here.

DS and I went on Mission Space (green side). DD chickened out once we were inside so DH took her out. It was DS' first time and he really liked it. We have steered clear of it for years because DH and I went on when it first opened and both got sooo sick. We haven't been on since it was revamped but we decided it was time. So much better, although I don't know if I want to brave the orange side

We ended up having dinner at the Liberty Inn in the America pavilion as they have GF hot dog and hamburg buns and I really didn't want the kids to have GF Mac and cheese again for dinner. So they got hot dogs but they don't have a dedicated fryer for fries and didn't have any potato chips so the kids were a little bummed. I even ran down through a few countries trying to find a cart with chips, but you know because I was looking for them no one had them

We are out now making a stop at Walgreens then heading back to DTD to get more donuts from Babycakes for the morning. I promise to take pictures of them this time
Melissa, for you to go out of your comfort zone!! Hope the kids liked ToT as well. Went on the new TT in January. I have yet to try Mission Space...

Lovin' all your pictures so far.... it's so cool to see the castle and space mountain from your room...

Quote:
Last night DH and I were sitting on the balcony looking over at the MK and said how truly submerged in Disney we felt. There truly is something magical about the CR TPV. He even said it wasn't even just the TPV but looking over to the GF and Poly is beautiful. As long as it is sunny in the morning I'll take some pics to post of the view.
Melissa, so nice that your DH loves Disney as much as you..

Quote:
Jen, I tried it 2 years ago with DD (and I've always had a fear of elevators) didn't remember much from the first time (sheer terror!), but the second and third time (with Magic & Linda holding my hands!!) it got more fun... try it!! Life is short.

Quote:
You ARE wonder woman!!

Quote:

Pas, we traded texts yesterday...Kook did call, no avail, she said it was a sign to stay with the cabins... I agreed!!
Quote:
The main reason my DH wants to add another day to our trip is to be able to go to DHS to finally get me to ride ToT and RnRC. I'm just afraid I'll get sick.
My vote is to add another park day... you don't have to go on RnR or ToT... ... there is TSM which is fabulous!! As well as Beauty and the Beast, little mermaid, etc. Do you like coasters? I'm a fan, just not the upside down variety... have gone on RnR about 6 times and decided its not a necessity for me.. ToT has grown on me.

Quote:
I thought my mornings were hard enough having to get up at 7 AM and not going to bed until midnight - 1 AM. They were really bad when I didn't go to bed until 3:30 - 4 AM and had to get up at 7.
Yikes!! I'm in bed by 11:30 - 12pm and have to get up by 6:30 am...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 02-08-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #69
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's what I assumed as well.
Sleep is a luxury for me I survive on catnaps

With the castle..it's like someone just flipped the switch off

Old 02-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #70
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
You ARE wonder woman!!

Thanks for the Kook GPS update....it's not March yet though....

Old 02-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #71
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So true!! But much harder during spring break to make those cha-cha-changes!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #72
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Very true..but Kook is pretty amazing...remember her helping me to make my onsite ch-ch-change from GF to WL

Sorry to go offtopic Melissa

Old 02-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #73
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Oh, those CAKES! What were they? Seriously drooling over that pic.

Yay for riding ToT! After our Space Mountain mishap, Miss M has turned into a over lots of rides. (Of course, it was my fault for rushing us on there since it was walk-on, bad mommy. ) One of these days though, one day!

How'd everyone like the new TT? It kinda reminded me of Space Mountain in a way... with the revamped effects. Had to keep telling Miss M (who was hesitant even though she went on it previously), "It's just like riding in mommy's car."

Have you guys done the walk from CR to MK?

Okay, sorry for the plethora of questions! Now, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the castle pic. (And then go back to price out CR again. )
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #74
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Kids sundae

I can hear Melissa now, "Stop! Don't take a bite! I have to take a photo of your GF sundae for those DISboards people I talk about. OK, go ahead now..."

Quote:
We love Sci-Fi! :

no ketchup for us,
Well then, WCC just wouldn't be much fun, now would it?

Sci Fi is a lot of fun and last August we tried that burger that has a hot dog in it - craziness! Our server laughed when I asked when they took the popcorn away - guess it's been a while

Quote:
I guess it's time for an update

Lets see, I went on ToT for the first time ever. DH and I couldn't figure out why I've never been on but the kids finally wanted to try it so I got to go, YAY!

We also finally got to go on the new Test Track. DS was soooo happy as it's one of his favs and it has been closed the past three times we were here.

DS and I went on Mission Space (green side). DD chickened out once we were inside so DH took her out. It was DS' first time and he really liked it. We have steered clear of it for years because DH and I went on when it first opened and both got sooo sick. We haven't been on since it was revamped but we decided it was time. So much better, although I don't know if I want to brave the orange side

We ended up having dinner at the Liberty Inn in the America pavilion as they have GF hot dog and hamburg buns and I really didn't want the kids to have GF Mac and cheese again for dinner. So they got hot dogs but they don't have a dedicated fryer for fries and didn't have any potato chips so the kids were a little bummed. I even ran down through a few countries trying to find a cart with chips, but you know because I was looking for them no one had them

We are out now making a stop at Walgreens then heading back to DTD to get more donuts from Babycakes for the morning. I promise to take pictures of them this time

I read that LI now serves a mighty fine steak (at a resonable price). Did anyone try it?

I, too would love to know your TT impressions - I've read some negative comments in contrast to the original version.

Quote:
Okay time for some more pictures....

So it does work! We have the exact same unit and in less than a year, the water stopped coming out. I should send you all our cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
The Tower of Terror is my absolute favorite!! You should try it!!

I can't do drops and spinning in circles so no more ToT or tea cups for me. The one time we went on ToT DD was about 4 and when we completed the first drop she called out, "I wanna get off now, please."

Quote:
Janet does have an uncanny GPS which did find me having no success changing back to CR from FWC. There are only a limited number of SOG overflow rooms and CR is no more. I had a lot of trouble even getting through to change so that was a sign right there.

Quote:
Sleep is a luxury for me I survive on catnaps
You hardly even get catnaps, they're more like gerbil naps.

Quote:

Quote:
Actually, the Values and Mods do fill up quicker, but those extra-overcharged Deluxes, not so fast. We actually found the resorts to be pretty empty last spring break, the parks, however, whole other story.

Quote:
Very true..but Kook is pretty amazing...remember her helping me to make my onsite ch-ch-change from GF to WL

Sorry to go offtopic Melissa
Yes, sorry Melissa - it's in our blood and you're like a blood relative and we're those relatives who stay too long on your basement Aerobed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yay for riding ToT! After our Space Mountain mishap, Miss M has turned into a over lots of rides. (Of course, it was my fault for rushing us on there since it was walk-on, bad mommy. One of these days though, one day!

Okay, sorry for the plethora of questions! Now, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the castle pic. (And then go back to price out CR again. )
Does this mean we're going to see you on the CR thread soon?

PLEASE, do tell your SPACE MT. MISHAP SAGA! (Please feel free to embellish any boring parts.)
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #75
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Does this mean we're going to see you on the CR thread soon?
Kookster, I will be visiting your humble CR abode much more frequently now. Just put the deposit down today...

And it's all Melissa's and your fault.

(The Space Mountain thing was boring, really. It was during heavy rain -- there was no wait so I rushed us on. She didn't have time to mentally prepare and it scared the almighty bejeebus outta her. Bad mommy is me. )
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: