Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #31
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

The Disney World sign picture gave me goosebumps.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #32
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Dr. RC, do you think the new thread has subliminally influenced me? Do I need to create a FWC thread to overcome this? I thought this would stick, too and it just might. It's not going to help though that Melissa will be at the CR tomorrow!

the new thread totally did it!!!

I remember that time I wanted you to apply to be a nurse at WDW and then you could see Melissa and Deena and I could move down there, too and pretend I have Dole Whip headaches all the time so I could go to First Aid to see you.
I remember!!!! I literally had the application pulled up on my computer And I could come running through the parks with my bag of tricks.....grey goose slushies and cobbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
6am on the nose and we are backing out of the garage!!! We are on our way!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Quote:
We're here!!!

Quote:
All checked in, New GAC in hand and heading to Space Mountain!!!

Enjoy Melissa

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #33
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Lunch was a bit of a bust Got to BoG at 11:10am to be told they were having "magical issues" and the wait would be a solid hour to hour and a half. So we went with our back up plan of CHH as I had read they had good allergy free chicken tenders and Mac and cheese. DD enjoyed her Mac and cheese but DS really didn't care for the chicken tenders (DH and I agreed they were not they great), he managed to fill up on chocolate milk and French fries

Here is the GF chicken and Mac & Cheese

Everyone is tired and the room is finally ready so we are heading back to CR to get unpacked.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest

Last edited by babyberger; 02-11-2013 at 07:36 PM.
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #34
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Lunch was a bit of a bust Got to BoG at 11:10am to be told they were having "magical issues" and the wait would be a solid hour to hour and a half. So we went with our back up plan of CHH as I had read they had good allergy free chicken tenders and Mac and cheese. DD enjoyed her Mac and cheese but DS really didn't care for the chicken tenders (DH and I agreed they were not they great), he managed to fill up on chocolate milk and French fries

Everyone is tired and the room is finally ready so we are heading back to CR to get inpacked.

Yeah, that's magical all right - sorry. Will you give it another try?

Sometimes your room is ready, but the text comes way after the fact or even not at all. Are you guys close enough to stop in at the lobby and ask?

Where's dinner tonight?
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #35
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Everyone is tired and the room is finally ready so we are heading back to CR to get inpacked.

I'm sorry BoG didn't work out. Maybe you'll get another chance to try it this trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #36
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quick update while we are on the bus heading to DTD.

We never got the text or call letting us know our room was ready so I called and of course it was. But I was happy to wait, we got what I had requested, high floor (we are on 9) and away from Chef Mickey (we are the second to last room closest to MK). The resort is at 100% capacity as there is a conference going on.

Dinner at The Wave was wonderful. Kids had GF rolls and pizza and devoured them! DH had a filet that he actually didn't really care for (but he isn't a foodie, so he didn't enjoy the reduction) and I had a wonderful pasta with shrimp, scallops, and clams. YUMMY!!!! The restaurant was so relaxing and Chef Dave was great with the kids. The kids have it a 10 out of 10!!!

Here is the GF pizza

My Trip Reports:

Last edited by babyberger; 02-06-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #37
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Here are just some fun pics....

Our new pets

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #38
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Yay Melissa! So glad you made it and your room requests were met! I hope if you give BOG another chance it is magical! Can't wait to see your room!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #39
babyberger
DIS Veteran

We will try to get back to BoG, but we have a lunch ADR for our beloved LTT on Friday, so maybe if we come back to the MK on Sunday we will give it a try. If not, it just was not meant to be (for now at least).

I have been going back and adding in the food pics in the posts they belong. Hopefully tomorrow I will remember to take more pics before the kids scarf down their food Tonight I couldn't even get the camera out before they devoured a cupcake and donut from Babycakes.

Here a just a few more from our day.

She truly has a mind of her own

Journey of the Little Mermaid

Before I unpacked

I got some great pictures of the fireworks tonight, but those will have to wait until I download my actual camera (all the other pics today were with my phone).

Kiddos are tucked in and hopefully heading off to dreamland DH is outside somewhere with a cigar and I am on the balcony with my laptop and evening cocktail

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #40
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
We will try to get back to BoG, but we have a lunch ADR for our beloved LTT on Friday, so maybe if we come back to the MK on Sunday we will give it a try. If not, it just was not meant to be (for now at least).

I have been going back and adding in the food pics in the posts they belong. Hopefully tomorrow I will remember to take more pics before the kids scarf down their food Tonight I couldn't even get the camera out before they devoured a cupcake and donut from Babycakes.

Journey of the Little Mermaid

Before I unpacked

I got some great pictures of the fireworks tonight, but those will have to wait until I download my actual camera (all the other pics today were with my phone).

Kiddos are tucked in and hopefully heading off to dreamland DH is outside somewhere with a cigar and I am on the balcony with my laptop and evening cocktail

As my mom would say, "she's a hoot!" I'm glad your request was met. Hopefully BoG will be the only hiccup in the trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #41
babyberger
DIS Veteran

It's going to be a very late start in the parks this morning. Kids woke up had some breakfast and now are working on homework. It's almost 9am and DH and I haven't even showered. Good thing I didn't make an early lunch reservation today

My Trip Reports:

Old 02-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #42
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We never got the text or call letting us know our room was ready so I called and of course it was. But I was happy to wait, we got what I had requested, high floor (we are on 9) and away from Chef Mickey (we are the second to last room closest to MK). The resort is at 100% capacity as there is a conference going on.

Dinner at The Wave was wonderful. Kids had GF rolls and pizza and devoured them! DH had a filet that he actually didn't really care for (but he isn't a foodie, so he didn't enjoy the reduction) and I had a wonderful pasta with shrimp, scallops, and clams. YUMMY!!!! The restaurant was so relaxing and Chef Dave was great with the kids. The kids have it a 10 out of 10!!!
Happy that you got the room you wanted and that you all (almost) enjoyed The Wave ... perhaps next time DH will get something he is wild about!

Quote:
Sorry about BoG... on the January trip Linda and I took one look at the long line and decided not to forego it....we did after all have our TS to look forward to... next time for us.

Choco milk and FF... sounds like a good substitute for DS.

Quote:

Melissa this is SO Sam too!! Love your DD's sense of humor!!

Quote:
After your long day, a cocktail was definitely in order!!

Looking forward to seeing more pix!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #43
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's going to be a very late start in the parks this morning. Kids woke up had some breakfast and now are working on homework. It's almost 9am and DH and I haven't even showered. Good thing I didn't make an early lunch reservation today
Melissa, us Moms seemingly always plan well ... it will be good to get this homework out of the way, to enjoy the parks fully later!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #44
pas130
DIS Veteran

Hi Melissa!!!

Sorry about BOG! We had a similar issue at AKL not getting a call/text either...finally I called at 430 Whoops UGH

I love DD's pic...she's funny

Glad you all slept in this morning...I bet that never happens at home, right??? Enjoy your day!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #45
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Awwww, I got all at the Disney World sign! My favourite so far is the DD pic! Love it!

Sorry about BoG being a bust. I'm glad you got the room requests though! How's the noise level up there with the conference going on?

Now, no going back to sleep... you've got things to do, Mice to see.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: