Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

Great Seafood places on Disney

I doing my Birthday dinner on Friday March 1st. I can't eat meat (only seafood) on Fridays During lent. My perfect wish Narcoossee's, but that is sold out for that night unless it's a 9:30 PM. I hate dinner that late on Vacation. What is an excellent Seafood dinner in Magic Kingdom or in a Resort? As an alternative, Could I arrive early to Dinner and watch Wishes from Grand Floridian?
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
tstidm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstidm1 View Post
I doing my Birthday dinner on Friday March 1st. I can't eat meat (only seafood) on Fridays During lent. My perfect wish Narcoossee's, but that is sold out for that night unless it's a 9:30 PM. I hate dinner that late on Vacation. What is an excellent Seafood dinner in Magic Kingdom or in a Resort? As an alternative, Could I arrive early to Dinner and watch Wishes from Grand Floridian?
If you like crab legs, boiled shrimp, clams, chowder, then Cape May Clambake would be a great choice. It is a buffet at Beach Club, not TS with menu, but we absolutely love it, and go once or twice every trip.

Last edited by North of Mouse; 02-07-2013 at 10:18 AM.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
If you like crab legs, boiled shrimp, clams, chowder, then Cape May Clambake would be a great choice. It is a buffet at Beach Club, not TS, but we absolutely love it, and go once or twice every trip.
Do you need reservations ahead of time or is it Good for a dinner on spur of the moment if I can't find anything else? Cape May Clambake sounds like a good back up. I prefer avoiding Buffets when traveling though due to getting too full to have any energy after one.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century

Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
PatsMom
Sometimes has Dory moments!
I have two brothers and either of them would have been proud to be suspended for stinking up the bus

There are no great seafood meals at Disney! Narcoosee's is acceptable. Citrico's has decent food but not wonderful seafood. Coral Reef actually does not have much of a seafood selection. Fulton's Crab House might be your best bet. Most of the high end restaurants will have at least one fish dish, but not necessarily seafood.

Have you thought of looking at the vegetarian alternatives at some restaurants? I assume you are Catholic and are just prohibited from eating meat on Friday during Lent, not required to eat seafood!
September 1996 - Fort Wilderness (DD and DH's first trip) October 1999 - Fort Wilderness November 2001 - Fort Wilderness November 2004 - Fort Wilderness November 2005 - Saratoga Springs December 2006 - Saratoga Springs February 2007 - All Star Sports August 2007 - Boardwalk Villas November 2007 - Saratoga Springs February 2008 - Villas at the Wilderness Lodge August 2008 - Old Key West
December 2008 - Saratoga Springs February 2009 - Beach Club Villas September 2009 (50th birthday trip) - Bay Lake Tower January 2010 - Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani Village) May 2010 - Old Key West September 2010 - Bay Lake Tower May 2011 - Beach Club Villas October 2011 - Saratoga Springs January 2012 - Old Key West May 2012 - Old Key West October 2012 - Old Key West January 2013 - Family gathering at Old Key West; May 2013 - Wilderness Lodge Villas; November 2013 - AKL Jambo House; February 2014 - Saratoga Springs
PatsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Would you consider a vegetarian meal? Many of the WDW eateries have a veggie choice
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

Nobody there knows how to make a crab cake, so don't expect those to be good anywhere.
Sadie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #7
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

FF has very good seafood, they have the best mussels in the world, I don't care what anyone says. I've been to gourmet restaurants all over and none can beat FF's mussels. I was surprised to see a post stating that there is NO good seafood in WDW, really? Have to disagree. Now I think Narcoossee's is over-rated. But, there are definitely other places that have some good seafood on WDW property.

I had a nice shrimp dish last week at GFC and some nice salmon at AP. (both are MK resorts). FF is at the BW. The Wave also has a great fish dish (depending on what their fish is at the time). This past week it was pompano. When we were there for dinner it was arctic char. Now I'm not sure if "fish" falls under your "seafood" menu, but just for your info.

Here is a photo of the salmon I had at AP last weekend:

And here is a photo of the shrimp dish I had at GFC.

Feel free to check out the entire reviews with photos (these are both restaurants close to MK either on the monorail or a boat ride away).

www.disneydiningreviews.com

Last edited by jwfla422; 02-07-2013 at 12:27 PM.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:33 AM   #8
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
If you like crab legs, boiled shrimp, clams, chowder, then Cape May Clambake would be a great choice. It is a buffet at Beach Club, not TS, but we absolutely love it, and go once or twice every trip.
Quote:
Do you need reservations ahead of time or is it Good for a dinner on spur of the moment if I can't find anything else? Cape May Clambake sounds like a good back up. I prefer avoiding Buffets when traveling though due to getting too full to have any energy after one.
Not sure why the previous poster said Cape May was not a TS. It is and an ADR would definitely be required. Now it is a buffet, not an ala carte restaurant where you can order off a menu. Maybe that's what she meant.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #9
JZCubed
DIS Veteran

Not for the same reason, but I try eating only fish or vegetarian while on vacation (grass-fed meat in my town).

If your objective is staying close to Magic Kingdom Fireworks, then the Monorail resorts seems like what you're trying to do.

Columbia Harbor House is QS inside Magic Kingdom with seafood and vegetarian options (avoid the lobster roll).

In the resorts:
Wave - always sustainable fish on the menu.
CA Grill - if it's not being renovated during your stay, has wonderful seafood (including sushi).
Citrico's - good food, but no fireworks view from inside restaurant.

Further away:
Both Flying Fish & blueZoo offer excellent seafood, but are a bus ride away from the Magic Kingdom.

Akershus (3.0-stars* Food; 5* princess interaction). blueZoo (4.5* - Best (Sea) Food w/o jacket required), Boma (4.0* buffet breakfast*), Bongo's (3*), California Grill (3.5*food; 5*- Best View), Cape May Cafe (4* charcter breakfast w/ Goofy), Captain's Grille (2*), Chef Mickey's (2* food; 5* characters), Cinderella's Royal Table (2.5* food; 4* characters), Citrico's (3.5*), Coral Reef (3.5* food; 4.5* for the view), Crystal Palace (2*), 50's Prime Time Cafe (2.5*), Flying Fish (3.5*), Grand Floridian Cafe (3*), Hollywood Brown Derby (3*), House of Blues (3.5* - BBQ), Il Mulino (4*), Jiko (3.5*), Kouzinna (3.5* dinner; 4* breakfast), Le Cellier (3.5*), Les Chefs de France (3*), Marrakesh (3* - bit noisy; 4* belly dancers), Narcoossee's (3.5*), Rainforest Cafe (2*), Rose & Crown (2.5*), Sanaa (4.0*), Sci-Fi Theatre (2.5*), Shula's Steakhouse (4*), Sleepy Hollow (4* Qwik Serve chicken waffles & coffee drinks), Tamu Tamu (4* - Qwik Serve Hidden Gem) Victoria & Albert (5*- Best Service/Tasting Menu), Wave (3*), Yak & Yeti (1*)

On my 'to dine' list: Artist Point (Nov, 2014), Monsieur Paul (2015?), Ohana (2015?), Yachtman's Steakhouse (2015), & Spice Road (2015?).
JZCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #10
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

It seems like the best thing is to have Counter service at Columbia Harbor House and have the Birthday meal on another night to get what I really want. Thanks for the help on this.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century

Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #11
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Pre-dining plan there were some good choice.. Now it's all kind of blah..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #12
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, you definitely need ressies, they are usually booked up.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #13
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Not sure why the previous poster said Cape May was not a TS. It is and an ADR would definitely be required. Now it is a buffet, not an ala carte restaurant where you can order off a menu. Maybe that's what she meant.
You are correct - my bad
I was thinking one thing, typing another!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #14
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

The two best are Flying Fish and Blue Zoo---
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #15
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsMom View Post
There are no great seafood meals at Disney! Narcoosee's is acceptable. Citrico's has decent food but not wonderful seafood. Coral Reef actually does not have much of a seafood selection. Fulton's Crab House might be your best bet. Most of the high end restaurants will have at least one fish dish, but not necessarily seafood.

Have you thought of looking at the vegetarian alternatives at some restaurants? I assume you are Catholic and are just prohibited from eating meat on Friday during Lent, not required to eat seafood!
Well, I will disagree. I am from the deep south, near the gulf, and we do value our seafood. I have had some wonderful seafood meals at Disney. Were they all great? No, but some definitely were, and I would not paint them all with the same brush.

We like boiled/steamed as well as fried, so we do enjoy Cape May, but that's not the only place.

By the way, fish is seafood
Noticed more than one post not sure

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: