Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

Ok.... so I'm a bit anal retentive.

I'm sure I'm going to look like a nut for posting this detailed itinerary- but this is how my brain works when planning a vacation- especially a Disney vacation! I am going with my best guy friend to Disney at the end of this month and we were originally deluxe dining but changed it because a. i've done a lot of the signature restaurants and I didn't want him to feel left out if we redid them b. the tips would be so much!!! c. sometimes it's just too much food and I feel guilty not eating but I feel guilty eating all at once!

Anyway we switched to regular dining. It's going to cost us a similar amount- but we're hoping it will mean a bit more park time and flexibility in our schedule- plus we get to do V & A this way! No, we're not a couple, but we love fine dining and should fit in just fine.

We both worked at Disney in 2007 and he hasn't been back since- so this should be a fun 'return home' for him.

Anyway our schedule is here- i really like to make sure our schedule:

1. is practical
2. gives us the best QS options since we're slightly food snobby
3. makes sense financially

I could be totally off, but was hoping for help and hoping someone could look at it and see if I'm missing some crucial things that might throw us off.

Ps. We still need two TS epcot restaurants- open to suggestions. We also will be doing 2 QS meals there and have a list of some of the best places- we'll probably decide once we get there.

Okay like two final notes about us before I post this:

1. We are very fast movers. That's just how we operate. We walk quickly, get ready quickly, etc. I took this in mind while planning but hopefully I didn't make it still too tight time wise? Ryan in particular loves to pack his days haha!
2. Obviously this plan isn't set in stone- like if we don't want to eat at Yak and Yeti and prefer Flame Tree we can switch it up- but this is just a 'suggested plan'. Obviously also we won't hang out by the pool every night- this schedule is just giving us suggestions for how we can spend our time.

Here's the schedule:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2qxp8ue.png

List of restaurants if it helps to type them like this:

Jiko (2 credits)
Artist Point (2 credits)
Chefs de France (1 credit)
The Wave (1 credit) - I've been here before and am only so so about it- but it's open late and near MK. I think I'm stuck here for that night?
Undecided Epcot Restaurant (1 credit)
Undecided Epcot Restaurant (OOP)
Victoria and Alberts (OOP)
The Plaza (OOP)
Beaches and Cream (OOP)

Like I said- I already know I'm a nut! I'm guessing very few people will be able to handle my overly intense schedule so no pressure to answer if it's too intense for you- but even just one opinion would be great!!

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay
Booked for March 2014 for 6 nights at Coronado Springs!

Last edited by jude&jonah; 02-01-2013 at 09:39 PM.
jude&jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

Oh one more question! On the saturday we are there we are going directly in the AM from CBR to Beach Club. What's the best way to do this? Thanks!

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
MariDisney
Learned a difficult lesson about eating chocolate in the dark!
Had to admit to eating bird poo to get what she wanted
Fully open=cool. Fully closed=cool. Half way=no can do

Do you know if Be Our Guest is still a QS at 5:00? That seems very late for a lunch menu.
Mari...A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is Just a Dream Away...7/98 Carribean Beach ... 1/03 All Star Movies ...9/03 All Star Music ... 6/04 Port Orleans Riverside Honeymoon ... 1/05 Port Orleans French Quarter ... 1/06 Carribean Beach ...9/06 Pop Century ... 8/07 Port Orleans Riverside...9/08 Port Orleans French Quarter...9/09 Coronado Springs...9/11 Port Orleans Riverside
MariDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

Really really good point!!! Thank you for pointing that out! I may end up having to switch that and my day at The Plaza.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

For anyone else wondering: BOG Dinner 4:00PM - 9:00PM

Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
DisNikki
Mouseketeer

Hi! Sounds like a great trip! Have you tried using the spreadsheet from this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050182 ? It sounds like you've already done the math for all the restaurants but using that spreadsheet was super eye opening for me since it has you put in all your meals, how much you usually tip, how often you get desserts/appetizers and then it tells you which of those meals you should use your dining plan credits on and which would be better to pay out of pocket. For example, I wasn't thinking about the 2 TS places right - it's better to figure out the cost per credit when deciding which one to pay for OOP. It even shows how much you would pay on the dining plan vs completely OOP, if that's important to you. There's a video that explains all the fields but it's pretty easy

Anyway, just trying to help a fellow spreadsheet fan!

- Several trips as a child (off-site, Poly twice)
- 3/26-4/3/11 with FIL, BIL and his family - a total of 9 people! Stayed off-site at Orange Lake North Village
- Planning a trip for 5/24-6/3/2013, staying at CSR

DisNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #7
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

This is so smart! I bet it could really make a difference on what I do OOP vs. on plan. Will do that tomorrow- thank you so much!!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude&jonah View Post
I'm sure I'm going to look like a nut for posting this detailed itinerary- but this is how my brain works when planning a vacation- especially a Disney vacation! I am going with my best guy friend to Disney at the end of this month and we were originally deluxe dining but changed it because a. i've done a lot of the signature restaurants and I didn't want him to feel left out if we redid them b. the tips would be so much!!! c. sometimes it's just too much food and I feel guilty not eating but I feel guilty eating all at once!

Anyway we switched to regular dining. It's going to cost us a similar amount- but we're hoping it will mean a bit more park time and flexibility in our schedule- plus we get to do V & A this way! No, we're not a couple, but we love fine dining and should fit in just fine.

We both worked at Disney in 2007 and he hasn't been back since- so this should be a fun 'return home' for him.

Anyway our schedule is here- i really like to make sure our schedule:

1. is practical
2. gives us the best QS options since we're slightly food snobby
3. makes sense financially

I could be totally off, but was hoping for help and hoping someone could look at it and see if I'm missing some crucial things that might throw us off.

Ps. We still need two TS epcot restaurants- open to suggestions. We also will be doing 2 QS meals there and have a list of some of the best places- we'll probably decide once we get there.

Okay like two final notes about us before I post this:

1. We are very fast movers. That's just how we operate. We walk quickly, get ready quickly, etc. I took this in mind while planning but hopefully I didn't make it still too tight time wise? Ryan in particular loves to pack his days haha!
2. Obviously this plan isn't set in stone- like if we don't want to eat at Yak and Yeti and prefer Flame Tree we can switch it up- but this is just a 'suggested plan'. Obviously also we won't hang out by the pool every night- this schedule is just giving us suggestions for how we can spend our time.

Here's the schedule:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2qxp8ue.png

List of restaurants if it helps to type them like this:

Jiko (2 credits)
Artist Point (2 credits)
Chefs de France (1 credit)
The Wave (1 credit) - I've been here before and am only so so about it- but it's open late and near MK. I think I'm stuck here for that night?
Undecided Epcot Restaurant (1 credit)
Undecided Epcot Restaurant (OOP)
Victoria and Alberts (OOP)
The Plaza (OOP)
Beaches and Cream (OOP)

Like I said- I already know I'm a nut! I'm guessing very few people will be able to handle my overly intense schedule so no pressure to answer if it's too intense for you- but even just one opinion would be great!!
I LOVE that...I make a schedule like that as well. All our days planned out.
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic[/FONT][/SIZE]
vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Make sure you get an ADR for plaza. Every time we go ppl are being turned away without adrs and this is at opening.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: