Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
tybrilinja
Mouseketeer

Tell me about March crowds

We have only gone to the world in January or October and they are very low crowd levels. However, DS is getting married in Pombano Beach March 23 so we figured if we are here we can't leave Florida without a couple days in Disney. We are only staying 5 days but its the week before Easter and I know they are super crazy then.
What I'm wondering, has anyone been there the week before Easter and how bad is it? Its not changing our mind, but would like to know what we are getting into....lol.
I figure, its Disney and its gonna be fun no matter the crowds.

~Stephanie~

'82 DL (offsite), '94 WDW (offsite),'99 WDW (offsite), '09 Fort Wilderness, '11 All-Star Music/Caribbean Beach Resort, '13 All-Star Sports

tybrilinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
Laracroft72
All things Disney Lover

I am going the 20th -24 and am very interested as well. I hope to be getting out before the madness begins! We will be there at the same time right?
Laracroft72 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

We haven't been during Easter week, but have been there in March with Spring Break. We have also been to WDW during the times you would like to compare to....January and October so I can give you an experienced comparison. It will be much busier. Add Easter on to that and you are looking at even a more busier time. You will definitely need some touring plans if you want to accomplish the headliner rides and shows. Spring Break was the only time in our many visits that we entered Fantasmic and there was standing room only. I know that happens at times during the year, but we never ran into that in January or October. The weather is great though so that makes it an awesome time to visit.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
Scout54
Mouseketeer

Everyone in our family is in education, so the only times we can travel are usually during those peak busy crowd level times. As long as you have a plan you will be good to go! We've been once at the Easter week peak & once during Spring Break, and all the parks were super doable! Keep in mind that you will have to wait in some lines & that you might have to trade one attraction or show for another & you will have a great trip! If the crowds get to be too much, we just head back to the resort & hang out by the pool or go visit Downtown Disney! All in all, a super busy packed out day at Disney is better than a day anywhere else! Just think, you can use the stuff you might not get to do as a reason to come back sooner!

Scout54 is offline   Reply With Quote