Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Obtaining "Bounceback" offers

I have heard of people being really happy when they hear that bounce backs are out and then they call Disney and ask for the discount. My question is this, if I am not currently at Disney, can I actually obtain the bounce back? Or if I have been recently, say the past 30 days do I qualify? What if I am in Disney but at the Swan and Dolphin/ SOG or another Disney property-non-Disney hotel, can I go over to a nearby Disney hotel and still get the BB offer? I hope that that make sense.
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

No, you need to be on Disney property and booked for your next trip during your current reservation.

It's not that people get excited about BBs and then call and book... but they look at the dates that the offer from the BB used and try and determine what the general public offer might be from that point.
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
No, you need to be on Disney property and booked for your next trip during your current reservation.

It's not that people get excited about BBs and then call and book... but they look at the dates that the offer from the BB used and try and determine what the general public offer might be from that point.
Thanks, I must have misunderstood reading through other posts. It was kind of confusing bc I thought calling back for a bounce back kind of blew the point of a BB. Thanks
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

I get excited about bounceback offers. If there's even an extremely remote chance that I'll take another trip during the valid dates of the bounceback, I'll book it before I leave. That way I've got it locked in. You can always change your dates (subject to valid dates and availability under the bounceback) once you get home as long as you put down your deposit before leaving WDW.

When booking the BB, the CM booking will confirm that you are currently registered at a WDW owned resort. If you're not, you will not be able to book the bounceback. It doesn't matter if you're calling from an internal phone; you have to be listed on a resort reservation as a guest.

I've actually been told that you can book right up until the phone lines close on your departure day so if you have an earlier flight then you can book once you get home. Once the phone lines close for the night, you can no longer book a BB. There is no grace period.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: