DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #31
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin
I just signed a contract with Shawn Ray today and was made aware of the admin fee from the first offer. It doesn't bother me too much as I am looking at total contract price. I felt of all the big brokers she/Fidelity were the most willing to help the buyer negotiate.
Is Shawn Ray Rachel's replacement?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #32
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Is Shawn Ray Rachel's replacement?
Yes.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #33
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojen View Post
I'm no expert, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. From researching buying resale, it seems like they're the ones to go through. They have a reputation of being more willing to let you low ball offers in to sellers, and they're more flexible with negotiations. Is this all true? I don't know, but it's definitely the consensus of the posts I've read on the subject.

I know they're supposed to do all this in order to earn the seller's commission. But I've only been looking for the last three days and I've already had 20 emails between me and S. I'm planning on trying to get the best deal available, and I figure I'll hear a lot of no's before I get a yes. That's gonna be a lot of work for the broker. If she can assist you in putting in low bids, and you end up paying $5-10 less per point, the fee seems very reasonable. As long as they're upfront about the fee, seems they earn it.
Did you see this one rojen?

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort

$8,640.00

$54.00

Feb. 13-160 14-160

Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #34
rojen
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I didn't see that one.

Do you guys put a time limit on your offers? I put in an offer yesterday, then saw another contract I liked, had to wait for a rejection before I put in an offer on a different contract. Should I request a 24 or 48 hour window for accept/reject?

I've also been offering to pay MF and closing. I figure that this will make the offer look more attractive, since seller won't have to bring money to closing. Is this a good assumption? I just lower my per point offer to accommodate the MF I'm paying.
rojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #35
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
I didn't see that one.

Do you guys put a time limit on your offers? I put in an offer yesterday, then saw another contract I liked, had to wait for a rejection before I put in an offer on a different contract. Should I request a 24 or 48 hour window for accept/reject?

I've also been offering to pay MF and closing. I figure that this will make the offer look more attractive, since seller won't have to bring money to closing. Is this a good assumption? I just lower my per point offer to accommodate the MF I'm paying.
It is a mind game with the sellers. Basically what I did was decide what my overall end price should be and then I worked backwards from there to craft my offer. I ended up paying closing and offering a lower per point cost because I felt it looked more attractive. Either way, my end result is the same.

I can say that I usually offered to split MF for current year points with the sellers and offered a lowish but fair per point cost and every single one of those offers got rejected. The contract I just got accepted I offered a very low price per point and offered to pay all closing and that offer was accepted. My end cost was the same either way, but take what you will from that.

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #36
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't see that one.

They shouldn't have to bring money to closing either way, dues should be paid already unless they are on the monthly plan.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #37
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
It is a mind game with the sellers. Basically what I did was decide what my overall end price should be and then I worked backwards from there to craft my offer. I ended up paying closing and offering a lower per point cost because I felt it looked more attractive. Either way, my end result is the same.

I can say that I usually offered to split MF for current year points with the sellers and offered a lowish but fair per point cost and every single one of those offers got rejected. The contract I just got accepted I offered a very low price per point and offered to pay all closing and that offer was accepted. My end cost was the same either way, but take what you will from that.
And on my offer, I origanally offered low pp, paying all costs, was counter-offered a little bit higher pp, but then had my offer accepted at their pp, but seller paying mf, so........ every deal is different, a game of going back and forth. Good luck to all of us!
kenly777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #38
shwn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm no expert, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. From researching buying resale, it seems like they're the ones to go through. They have a reputation of being more willing to let you low ball offers in to sellers, and they're more flexible with negotiations. Is this all true? I don't know, but it's definitely the consensus of the posts I've read on the subject.
I just had two contracts go to ROFR (one through the company that gets starred out on this site and one with DVC by Resale), but I made many offers using all four main companies over the past two months.

I agree with this too- Fidelity seemed really great about taking any offers to the seller no matter what. I also have also had really good luck with the company that can't be named on this site (they are my favorite to work with) and Shontell at DVC by Resale. But I have to say that I did not feel that way at all about the Timeshare Store. They seemed almost reluctant to take some offers, which seemed very odd to me- they are very seller friendly. I personally would not try to offer through them again, unless it was the exact contract I wanted at a great price.
shwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #39
kenly777
Mouseketeer

As a newbie, can I ask why one company gets starred out? Would love to know all options to buy through that are used by other members.

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #40
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777 View Post
As a newbie, can I ask why one company gets starred out? Would love to know all options to buy through that are used by other members.
This Sticky Thread should answer your question:

A word about DIS advertisers

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #41
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN

This Sticky Thread should answer your question:

A word about DIS advertisers
Thank you

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
Old 02-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #42
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

Hi Rojen- Have you had any luck finding a contract?
I noticed an attractive 150 VWL listed at Fidelity!
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: