Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #121
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,840

So many interesting answers to the QOTD! I'll answer it in a bit.

The men decided that they couldn't get up in time for church, so DD and I went without them. It was a nice service and had a good reminder to make the Sabbath a day of rest...but the Pastor did not explain how the laundry will get done if I rest today!

I do plan to rest at my scrapbook table between loads of laundry.

Off to answer the QOTD!...........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #122
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Good Sunday morning!

QOTD for Sunday February 3, 2013:

Pick your preferences:


Salty or Sweet? Both...together! Yum!

Winter or Summer? Summer....no doubt!

Fiction or Nonfiction? Both....love fiction for fun, but love to read biographies too!

Coffee or Tea? Coffee in the a.m., green tea the rest of the day.

Reptile or Rodent? Rodent! Not afraid of snakes in the yard, but don't want them in the house as pets.

Black or Brown? Black

Tennis or Golf? if I had to choose I'd say tennis...golf is boring!

Apple or Orange? apple!

Traveler or Homebody? wanna-be traveler with no $$$ to fulfill that wish.

Shower or Bath? shower as a general rule.

Jeans or Skirt? Jeans, hands down!

Morning or Night? Morning. I'm done in by 10 pm!

Purse or Shoes? Not big on either, but definitely prefer shoes!

Mountains or Ocean? Ocean...although I don't like to swim in salt water.
That's me, in a nut shell! ..........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #123
araes2102
Mouseketeer
 
araes2102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the desert
Posts: 490

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Good Sunday morning!

QOTD for Sunday February 3, 2013:

Pick your preferences:


Salty or Sweet? Sweet, but too sweet

Winter or Summer? Winter for sure! Here in AZ summer is torture... it's our hibernating season (air conditioned home to air conditioned car to air conditioned office and back again ONLY!)

Fiction or Nonfiction? Fiction <3

Coffee or Tea? Coffee

Reptile or Rodent? Rodent, we had 2 pet rats and loved them

Black or Brown? Black, it's practically the only color I wear.

Tennis or Golf? Neither! Football!

Apple or Orange? Apple, yum!

Traveler or Homebody? As Pam said... "wanna-be traveler with no $$$ to fulfill that wish"!

Shower or Bath? Shower

Jeans or Skirt? Prefer jeans but lately all I fit into are my skirts!

Morning or Night? Night

Purse or Shoes? Neither are particularily important to me. I do like splurging on mani/pedis

Mountains or Ocean? Ocean! Grew up in CA and while we have both, I am inherently drawn to the ocean... oh how i love it so
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl36 View Post
Here's the spaghetti squash recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/b...heese.html?m=1

Have a great day everyone! I'm going to try despite the fact I don't think we've seen the sun here in NE Ohio in weeks!
Oh, that does sound yummy. Maybe I will try it, the carbs aren't too bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
We had a really fun electronic free day. I got out for a real long walk with the dog, and did some run/walking too.
Ds and I played the bl card game, and the 4 exercises we did were jumping jacks, squats, situps and pushups. It took about half an hour, and we figured with the whole deck we did 95 of each. My pushups and sit ups were modified, but we plan to do it every weekend.

And my plank was only 10 seconds yesterday after my long walk. Soooo proud of all of you plankers that are up to a minute already.

We had ice cream for breakfast day to benefit the local dog park, so I splurged on a sundae and used 34 points on it. It was worth it though, and today I'm planning a lower point dinner and snacks for the game.

We're cheering for the Ravens, mainly cuz ds likes purple, and so he has a ravens hat and Michael Oher jersey. And we loved the Blind side movie too.
(I'll be wearing my patriots sweatshirt and feeling no stress about the outcome of the game.)

Have a wonderful Superbowl Sunday!!!!
Sounds like an awesome day! Great bonding time

As for the Super Bowl, we love it and watch it every year even though our teams (Raiders for DS and Cowboys for everyone else ) haven't gone in such a long time But we will be cheering on the Niners to celebrate our CA heritage I guess

***********************

Well, I am up and moving so I guess that means we are off to a good start to the day! Made the fam yummy french toast with fresh sliced strawberries. Realized if I had low carb bread I could have enjoyed it too!

Had a pleasant surprise on the scale today (my official weigh in day) as it showed a 3 lb loss for the week Not sure why since it has been a struggle the past few weeks to even get 1, maybe 2, lbs off each week. But I am happy!

Super Bowl doesn't start until 4 which gives me enough time to haul the kiddos and myself over to the Y (while DF does his homework, college calc is kicking his butt which is not good as he is stufy physics) for some fun fat burning time! Maybe a swim as DD has been begging for days... but our Y pool is outdoors so I'm not sure how that will work, I am sure it is heated but it is only supposed to be 68out today, seems a little chilly for swimming Then home to whip up some snacks (pizza, wings, stuffed mushrooms, celery and carrot sticks, HG buffalo chicken dip, and maybe some cookies if DF earns it )! I know I will stay on OP, the only things I can't have are the cookies and the pizza, which will also be the toughest to resist, but I have my 3 lb loss to motivate me!
__________________
Amanda DF (Engaged in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle 7/10/12!) DS-13 DD-7



araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #124
Eliza32
DIS Veteran
 
Eliza32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 1,227

QOTD Sunday 3rd Feb 2013


Salty or Sweet?.....sweet unfortunately!

Winter or Summer?.....summer - longer daylight hours to keep me awake

Fiction or Nonfiction?.....Fiction..like my escapism!

Coffee or Tea?....Coffee, although not much of that really. I'm a cold drink person

Reptile or Rodent?......rodent - love furry little things, not scales!

Black or Brown?......black, goes with anything

Tennis or Golf?....neither really, but tennis at a pinch

Apple or Orange?...apple, as long as it's juicy and crispy

Traveler or Homebody?.......traveller given the opportunity!

Shower or Bath?....bath, nothing better at the end of a tiring day to help me relax

Jeans or Skirt?....jeans....I maybe wear a skirt a couple of times a year.

Morning or Night?........morning every time...bed is usually caling by 8:30 - 9:00 each night

Purse or Shoes?....shoes, a girl can never have too many shoes.

Mountains or Ocean?......mountains - we live by the ocean, so I probably take it for granted.


On another subject altogether, just had a yummy stew for tea that I thought some of you might be interested in.

Take 1 lb of casserole beef (in chunks) and throw in the crockpot with 3 large carrots, 1 large onion and one large potato, all chopped into cubes. add 2 cloves of garlic (whole), 1pt of passata and 1 pint of water, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp dried oregano, 1 stick of cinnamon and 2 beef stock cubes crumbled. Turn on crockpot and ignore for 7 - 9 hours. Half an hour before you want to eat, add 7 - 8oz of orzo pasta and stir in. Check in 20 mins to see if you need more water (add boiling from kettle if you need to). You should now have a lovely thick stew that you can either eat on it's own, or serve with a variety of fresh veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower and courgettes steamed.

Hope anyone who tries this enjoys it as much as OH and I just did!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #125
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Good Sunday morning!

QOTD for Sunday February 3, 2013:

Pick your preferences:


Salty or Sweet? Sweet

Winter or Summer? Summer

Fiction or Nonfiction? Both

Coffee or Tea? Hot coffee in winter/iced in summer. Iced tea all year long

Reptile or Rodent? Reptile

Black or Brown? Black

Tennis or Golf? Tennis

Apple or Orange? Apple

Traveler or Homebody? Traveler

Shower or Bath? Shower

Jeans or Skirt? Jeans

Morning or Night? Morning

Purse or Shoes? Purse

Mountains or Ocean? Ocean


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32

On another subject altogether, just had a yummy stew for tea that I thought some of you might be interested in.

Take 1 lb of casserole beef (in chunks) and throw in the crockpot with 3 large carrots, 1 large onion and one large potato, all chopped into cubes. add 2 cloves of garlic (whole), 1pt of passata and 1 pint of water, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp dried oregano, 1 stick of cinnamon and 2 beef stock cubes crumbled. Turn on crockpot and ignore for 7 - 9 hours. Half an hour before you want to eat, add 7 - 8oz of orzo pasta and stir in. Check in 20 mins to see if you need more water (add boiling from kettle if you need to). You should now have a lovely thick stew that you can either eat on it's own, or serve with a variety of fresh veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower and courgettes steamed.

Hope anyone who tries this enjoys it as much as OH and I just did!!!
This sounds delicious! I had to look up passata, though. I don't know if it's at any of my grocery stores. I'll try to remember to look next weekend. Thanks for sharing!


----------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon! It's a lazy day here at our house. The kids went to Sunday school, but we didn't stay for church today. I did some laundry & have one load left to dry & put away. DS9 had some homework to finish from when we were at wdw. I made pierogie lasagna/casserole for dinner. This is by all means not healthy or low carb, but DH & kids love it. I'll have a small piece with lots of veggies on the side. It is just lasagna noodles layered with mashed potatoes. I also add shredded cheddar cheese or sour kraut on top of the potatoes. After 2 layers, put noodles on the top & pour melted butter on top. I used whole wheat noodles, so it's healthy, right?!?!

I also spent some time today researching new jobs & locations. There's a teacher job fair in March near me that I may attend. Most of the schools are out of state which is fine by me. As long as DH can find a job, too, we may be moving. I'm in PA now but work for a private alternative school & there's no public school jobs around here. I think I need to be done with alternative ed after 12 years. So I'm looking in VA, MD, and FL. I'm going to show DH the list & tell him to start looking for himself.

Well, now that I've rambled on about myself, I'm going to go clean up a bit & do my plank for the day. Have a great night & go 49ers

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #126
pix13dust
DIS Veteran
 
pix13dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 605

In honor of the Super Bowl, we are trying out some new recipes. Here's a brownie recipe we made that was very delish:

Cake Mix + Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
PER SERVING (1 piece, 1/12th of cake): 180 calories, 3.25g fat, 306mg sodium, 34.5g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 20g sugars, 3.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*

Ingredients:
1 box moist-style cake mix (15.25 - 18.25 oz.)
1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt (like Fage Total 0%)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine cake mix with yogurt in a large bowl and add 1 cup water. Whisk thoroughly and transfer to a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray; bake in the oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. (Refer to cake-mix box for pan size and approximate bake time.)

I used, Ghiradelli brownie mix and honey flavored Greek yogurt. I also only used about 1/2 cup of water instead of a full cup. Brownies were fabulous and about 120 calories per two inch square.

We had dessert first as the main meal is still cooking in the crockpot ( aBBQ pulled chicken ). I also have TONS of veggies roasting to eat throughout the week!
GO J.E.T.S !

-Melinda
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #127
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,334
DISboards Moderator

Pick your preferences:


Salty or Sweet? Both, together.

Winter or Summer? Summer, we really Fall but that wasn't a choice.

Fiction or Nonfiction? Fiction, I need fluff reads that I don't have to concentrate on.

Coffee or Tea? Tea, or espresso with a whole lot of milk.

Reptile or Rodent? Blech, neither!

Black or Brown? Brown

Tennis or Golf? Tennis, more activity points!

Apple or Orange? Apple, cooked - Granny Smith, raw- Macintosh or McCoun

Traveler or Homebody? Both, I love to travel when I feel social but sometimes when I want to shut the world out I'm a homebody.

Shower or Bath? Shower

Jeans or Skirt? Jeans or yoga pants.

Morning or Night? Night, so not a morning person.

Purse or Shoes? Shoes, although DH did buy me 2 gorgeous Louis Vuitton purses for our anniversary and Mother's Day.

Mountains or Ocean? Mountains, I drowned in a previous life so I hate water. DH thinks I died on Titanic because I have an unnatural obsession with it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #128
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,334
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla

Great job on the plank! I did 1:05 yesterday.... would have tried to beat that if I had known you were going to best me!! Watch out..... game on!!
Lol game on sistah!!! You better watch out. I have the planking master in my corner, coach makes the boys do them all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #129
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Oh, that does sound yummy. Maybe I will try it, the carbs aren't too bad


I'm going to try it next week. Let me know if you give it a try before I do.


Sounds like an awesome day! Great bonding time

As for the Super Bowl, we love it and watch it every year even though our teams (Raiders for DS and Cowboys for everyone else ) haven't gone in such a long time But we will be cheering on the Niners to celebrate our CA heritage I guess

***********************

Well, I am up and moving so I guess that means we are off to a good start to the day! Made the fam yummy french toast with fresh sliced strawberries. Realized if I had low carb bread I could have enjoyed it too!

Had a pleasant surprise on the scale today (my official weigh in day) as it showed a 3 lb loss for the week Not sure why since it has been a struggle the past few weeks to even get 1, maybe 2, lbs off each week. But I am happy!

Super Bowl doesn't start until 4 which gives me enough time to haul the kiddos and myself over to the Y (while DF does his homework, college calc is kicking his butt which is not good as he is stufy physics) for some fun fat burning time! Maybe a swim as DD has been begging for days... but our Y pool is outdoors so I'm not sure how that will work, I am sure it is heated but it is only supposed to be 68out today, seems a little chilly for swimming Then home to whip up some snacks (pizza, wings, stuffed mushrooms, celery and carrot sticks, HG buffalo chicken dip, and maybe some cookies if DF earns it )! I know I will stay on OP, the only things I can't have are the cookies and the pizza, which will also be the toughest to resist, but I have my 3 lb loss to motivate me!

Wowza! You've got a busy day... and well planned. Enjoy your time with the family and with the football. The only football watcher here is DH. I'm sure he'll be watching, but no special foods planned, so nothing for me to resist!

Great job with the 3 pounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
QOTD Sunday 3rd Feb 2013
Salty or Sweet?.....sweet unfortunately!

Winter or Summer?.....summer - longer daylight hours to keep me awake

Fiction or Nonfiction?.....Fiction..like my escapism!

Coffee or Tea?....Coffee, although not much of that really. I'm a cold drink person

Reptile or Rodent?......rodent - love furry little things, not scales!

Black or Brown?......black, goes with anything

Tennis or Golf?....neither really, but tennis at a pinch

Apple or Orange?...apple, as long as it's juicy and crispy

Traveler or Homebody?.......traveller given the opportunity!

Shower or Bath?....bath, nothing better at the end of a tiring day to help me relax

Jeans or Skirt?....jeans....I maybe wear a skirt a couple of times a year.

Morning or Night?........morning every time...bed is usually caling by 8:30 - 9:00 each night

Purse or Shoes?....shoes, a girl can never have too many shoes.

Mountains or Ocean?......mountains - we live by the ocean, so I probably take it for granted.


On another subject altogether, just had a yummy stew for tea that I thought some of you might be interested in.

Take 1 lb of casserole beef (in chunks) and throw in the crockpot with 3 large carrots, 1 large onion and one large potato, all chopped into cubes. add 2 cloves of garlic (whole), 1pt of passata and 1 pint of water, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp dried oregano, 1 stick of cinnamon and 2 beef stock cubes crumbled. Turn on crockpot and ignore for 7 - 9 hours. Half an hour before you want to eat, add 7 - 8oz of orzo pasta and stir in. Check in 20 mins to see if you need more water (add boiling from kettle if you need to). You should now have a lovely thick stew that you can either eat on it's own, or serve with a variety of fresh veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower and courgettes steamed.

Hope anyone who tries this enjoys it as much as OH and I just did!!!
Sounds interesting. The cinnamon is a new stew addition for me, but I'll bet it is good. But I don't know what PASSATA is (or courgettes for that matter). Can you translate for us Yanks??

My DMIL's recipe for Shepard's pie calls for nutmeg in the ground beef. That always seemed weird to me.... until I made it and found out it was delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
This sounds delicious! I had to look up passata, though. I don't know if it's at any of my grocery stores. I'll try to remember to look next weekend. Thanks for sharing!
----------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon! It's a lazy day here at our house. The kids went to Sunday school, but we didn't stay for church today. I did some laundry & have one load left to dry & put away. DS9 had some homework to finish from when we were at wdw. I made pierogie lasagna/casserole for dinner. This is by all means not healthy or low carb, but DH & kids love it. I'll have a small piece with lots of veggies on the side. It is just lasagna noodles layered with mashed potatoes. I also add shredded cheddar cheese or sour kraut on top of the potatoes. After 2 layers, put noodles on the top & pour melted butter on top. I used whole wheat noodles, so it's healthy, right?!?!


We may have died and gone to carb-lovers heaven!! DD wants to know what time you are serving dinner!

I also spent some time today researching new jobs & locations. There's a teacher job fair in March near me that I may attend. Most of the schools are out of state which is fine by me. As long as DH can find a job, too, we may be moving. I'm in PA now but work for a private alternative school & there's no public school jobs around here. I think I need to be done with alternative ed after 12 years. So I'm looking in VA, MD, and FL. I'm going to show DH the list & tell him to start looking for himself.

Well, now that I've rambled on about myself, I'm going to go clean up a bit & do my plank for the day. Have a great night & go 49ers

Jill
Good luck with the job search for both of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
In honor of the Super Bowl, we are trying out some new recipes. Here's a brownie recipe we made that was very delish:

Cake Mix + Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
PER SERVING (1 piece, 1/12th of cake): 180 calories, 3.25g fat, 306mg sodium, 34.5g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 20g sugars, 3.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*

Ingredients:
1 box moist-style cake mix (15.25 - 18.25 oz.)
1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt (like Fage Total 0%)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine cake mix with yogurt in a large bowl and add 1 cup water. Whisk thoroughly and transfer to a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray; bake in the oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. (Refer to cake-mix box for pan size and approximate bake time.)

I used, Ghiradelli brownie mix and honey flavored Greek yogurt. I also only used about 1/2 cup of water instead of a full cup. Brownies were fabulous and about 120 calories per two inch square.

We had dessert first as the main meal is still cooking in the crockpot ( aBBQ pulled chicken ). I also have TONS of veggies roasting to eat throughout the week!
GO J.E.T.S !

-Melinda
Those brownies sound like my kind of "light" food!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Pick your preferences:

Salty or Sweet? Both, together.

Winter or Summer? Summer, we really Fall but that wasn't a choice.

Fiction or Nonfiction? Fiction, I need fluff reads that I don't have to concentrate on.

Coffee or Tea? Tea, or espresso with a whole lot of milk.

Reptile or Rodent? Blech, neither!

Black or Brown? Brown

Tennis or Golf? Tennis, more activity points!

Apple or Orange? Apple, cooked - Granny Smith, raw- Macintosh or McCoun

Traveler or Homebody? Both, I love to travel when I feel social but sometimes when I want to shut the world out I'm a homebody.

Shower or Bath? Shower

Jeans or Skirt? Jeans or yoga pants.

Morning or Night? Night, so not a morning person.

Purse or Shoes? Shoes, although DH did buy me 2 gorgeous Louis Vuitton purses for our anniversary and Mother's Day.

Mountains or Ocean? Mountains, I drowned in a previous life so I hate water. DH thinks I died on Titanic because I have an unnatural obsession with it.

Maybe you were in 3rd class?? Tell DH that is why you ALWAYS need to travel first class from now on!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Lol game on sistah!!! You better watch out. I have the planking master in my corner, coach makes the boys do them all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
OH MY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
definitely the seatbelt, trying to eat less processed, and stay away from artifical sweeteners. Also try to floss daily, but seems I've been slacking a bit lately, so this is a good reminder.
Always do checkups, mammograms, etc. We recycle.

I'm terrible about flossing, but hearing that mouth bacteria can lead to heart disease makes me definitely think about it a bit more!


Salty or Sweet? both

Winter or Summer? Summer

Fiction or Nonfiction? Fiction

Coffee or Tea? Coffee

Reptile or Rodent? Rodent, guinea pig comes to mind

Aww.... we miss our piggies too!


Black or Brown? black

Tennis or Golf? tennis

Apple or Orange? apple

Traveler or Homebody? Both. Really enjoying being more of a homebody since we got the dog, but love to travel when we have the money

Shower or Bath? Shower

Jeans or Skirt? Jeans, though a long skirt with boots is nice.

Morning or Night? Morning

Purse or Shoes? Shoes

Mountains or Ocean? Ocean


Love this qotd and reading through all the answers. Thanks Pamela.
Wow, can't believe dd is almost done swimming. Will she be swimming in college? And has she decided where she will go yet? I think I read last month she was still waiting on some schools. Big year for you.

She is 4 for 4 with college acceptance letters. Just waiting to hear from two more. But I think it will come down to a decision between Roger Williams and URI. They both were decent with their scholarship awards... but that doesn't mean we won't ask for more! She will definitely swim in college.

And what you were wearing never mattered in our house. I remember my dad saying, that God doesn't care what your wearing, so relax and wear those jeans. Though I do remember a priest caring and requesting no bermuda shorts and there was a bit of an uproar about it. lol

I feel that way too. The church we attended several years ago when the kids were younger was waaaay more casual than this one. That being said, I don't worry about it when I feel like wearing jeans (or the fact that I let DS wear them every week). We are THERE... that is what counts!



We had a really fun electronic free day. I got out for a real long walk with the dog, and did some run/walking too.
Ds and I played the bl card game, and the 4 exercises we did were jumping jacks, squats, situps and pushups. It took about half an hour, and we figured with the whole deck we did 95 of each. My pushups and sit ups were modified, but we plan to do it every weekend.

And my plank was only 10 seconds yesterday after my long walk. Soooo proud of all of you plankers that are up to a minute already.

LOTS of great exercise yesterday! Plus a fun day with DS and plenty of exercise for the doggie! It was a win-win in your house yesterday!

We had ice cream for breakfast day to benefit the local dog park, so I splurged on a sundae and used 34 points on it. It was worth it though, and today I'm planning a lower point dinner and snacks for the game.

We're cheering for the Ravens, mainly cuz ds likes purple, and so he has a ravens hat and Michael Oher jersey. And we loved the Blind side movie too.
(I'll be wearing my patriots sweatshirt and feeling no stress about the outcome of the game.)

Have a wonderful Superbowl Sunday!!!!
I think if DD was at all interested in the game, she would be cheering for the Ravens, as that is Michael Phelps home team. He was actually at the Pats game here at Gillette a few weeks ago. My niece works at the Pats Pro shop at Patriot Place and DD was wondering if she would see MP! Hope she would remember to pass on her favorite cousin's phone number if she saw him!

************

I'm back! The day flew by. Laundry got done, but not much scrapping. Wish it were the other way around. Still a few hours left in the day though.

I still need to do today's plank and my quinoa is waiting, so off to plank before I eat! ..........................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 02-03-2013 at 07:26 PM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #130
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,238

Hope everyone is having a great Super Bowl Sunday!

I am having a major back flareup (just about as bad as after the marathon) so I have been a little frazzled. It started yesterday afternoon and so far none of my "tricks" to fix it are helping. Hopefully it will calm down soon.

Hope to be back in good shape tomorrow and in a more positive posting motivating mood!
__________________
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #131
50sjayne
DIS Veteran
 
50sjayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Hope everyone is having a great Super Bowl Sunday!

I am having a major back flareup (just about as bad as after the marathon) so I have been a little frazzled. It started yesterday afternoon and so far none of my "tricks" to fix it are helping. Hopefully it will calm down soon.

Hope to be back in good shape tomorrow and in a more positive posting motivating mood!
Mine's been buggin' me too. It's not too bad though. think I'm going to call in the heating pad.
__________________
It's snowing in Disneyland!
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #132
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran
 
fitgirl36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 775

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post

Good afternoon! It's a lazy day here at our house. The kids went to Sunday school, but we didn't stay for church today. I did some laundry & have one load left to dry & put away. DS9 had some homework to finish from when we were at wdw. I made pierogie lasagna/casserole for dinner. This is by all means not healthy or low carb, but DH & kids love it. I'll have a small piece with lots of veggies on the side. It is just lasagna noodles layered with mashed potatoes. I also add shredded cheddar cheese or sour kraut on top of the potatoes. After 2 layers, put noodles on the top & pour melted butter on top. I used whole wheat noodles, so it's healthy, right?!?!

Jill
Oh my word! YUM! I'm 100% Polish and I love, love, love pierogis!! I'm not sure I could have a whole casserole that tasted like them in my house though, I'd demolish it!!!

I made a shrimp avocado salad for lunch, another skinny taste recipe. It was very good! I enjoyed it more than the spaghetti squash recipe I made yesterday.
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #133
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,334
DISboards Moderator

What was your plank time Pamela?

1:14:15 not that the milliseconds count. Lol

Dang, that was hard!

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #134
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,840

Good morning friends! Everybody up and ready to roll?

Here is your QOTD for Monday, February 4, 2013:

We'll keep it light for Monday morning!

If Disney were to announce that it was going to sell a limited number of "Lifetime Passes" would you be interested in buying one? What would your price limit be? Obviously $1,000 is a steal! But would you pay $5,000? How about $10,000? Does $50,000 sound fair? (This would included unlimited park access around the world for the life of the ticket holder.)

Have a Magical day! ............P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 02-04-2013 at 08:12 AM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #135
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
What was your plank time Pamela?

1:14:15 not that the milliseconds count. Lol

Dang, that was hard!

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
HA! My Sunday plank was 1:20! That being said, this morning's was only 1:10. I was still breathing heavy from TM time...but I know....NO excuses. .....P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.