Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #106
3Gsandme
DIS Veteran
 
3Gsandme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711
I'm personally hoping that by getting healthier, I ca get off the myriad of depression medications I am on.
I have not considered that as a possible weight loss benefit, but I'd love it if reducing my weight would end my depression and anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711

That's what I'm going for.

I got up early and went to the gym for 40 minutes before going out and buying things that will make working out a lot easier for me (a sports bra to wear OVER my regular bra because... the girls are obnoxious), running shoes, better socks... stuff like that.

Unfortunately, I caved and had a turkey and apple panini on sourdough with brie. It might be a bit healthier than McDonalds, but I couldn't stop myself. (13 points, gone in one sitting, but oh so worth it).

Anyways, I wish all of you luck in the coming week!

A splurge is fine and it sounds like your exercise probably earned it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl36
Hi! So I tried a new recipe for supper tonight I found on the skinny taste website, cheesy spaghetti squash with spinach. It was ok, I really would've liked to have pizza, but I'm trying SO hard to eat healthy. DH thought it was ok too. DD wouldn't touch it, but of course the kid only eats 5 different foods. quite a source of anxiety for me! I have more than half the casserole dish left. We'll see how fast it exits the fridge! Oh we'll, at least I have enough calories left for some ice cream!
I had a spaghetti squash recipe last year that was close to good but not quite. I need to give it another go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger813
Hi all,

Only joining in 1 day late this time! I sent my PM to Lisa! SO I'm good so far! Had to work late yesterday and then we went out to supper last night. Had to take DD8 to basketball this morning and then work a few hours and then finally dispose of broken elliptical. Watching Hotel Transylvania right now!

I've been doing ok with the exercise but weight is hanging on. I do a 5K on my treadmill every other day. This month, on the days I don't do the 5K I will do either a Walk Away the Pounds workout or my Zumba Core or Just Dance 4. I also really need to increase my water intake. I have cut down to soda only on weekends and alcohol only on weekends. I drink a lot of Crystal Light Iced Tea and hot tea every day.

My goal for this month is 8 pounds. DH is also hoping to start being consistent on the treadmill. If I increase the water and am consistent with my workouts the 8 pounds is definitely possible. I have a total of 20 pounds total I would like to lose by the end of May when we have our first Disney trip of the year planned. We bought annual passes and hope to use them for 2 weekend trips and 2 longer trips.

Friends coming over to watch the Super Bowl tomorrow night so I am going to try and be good all day tomorrow. I will have a protein shake for breakfast and one for lunch so I can save calories for the evening. Making several things to eat during the game but leftovers will make my week easier as well.

DD8 is requesting some applesauce so I'll be back again tomorrow!

TTFN
Thankfully, we're not into the game. I have a few healthy snack things for dinner and I might give a crispy oven fries recipe another go b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca
Today was a good day. DS16 made it to ECC's which was today. he PRed in the 1600 (1 mile) at a 5:18:17. Coach wants him under 5 minutes by fall and I think he has a really good shot at it. Indoor season is over and outdoor track will start probably beginning to middle of March. It was fun watching everyone run and the bleachers were in a good place so we were right in the thick of it.

On a personal note: I held my plank for 1:07, that was hard!! And my legs were shaking but I did it!!
I also did 60 minutes on the treadmill tonight, intervals of 5.5 run and 3.0 walk.
Logged all my food ( well I guessed on the Shepards pie, but tried to over estimate).
Day 10 of no chocolate. Odd thing is, I don't really miss it that much. If I need sweets I grab 4 lemon rounds, 60 calories.

Over all I feel better than I have in a few days mentally. We'll see what happens when DH leaves again tomorrow. Not liking this 90% travel thing again. I was hoping it was behind us. But I'll live with it because I don't want to move to Virginia.

Anyway, need to shower and go to bed, loads to do tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great night and a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Congrats to DS AND you. A minute plank? WOW!

Today went okay. Not totally as planned. I went over points and had to use my weekly extras, but I logged everything and was accountable so I guess I'm okay.

We had yummy salads for dinner and in really close to getting dressing made with Greek yogurt right. Almost there.
__________________
~Jamie~
Mom to 3 Little Princesses( -14,- 7, and -4)



My November 2015 PTR-Heigh Ho Ho HO!
3Gsandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #107
araes2102
Mouseketeer
 
araes2102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the desert
Posts: 490

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Saturday, February 2, 2013:

As we are all trying to get our bodies healthier by eating better and exercising, is anyone concerned about other things in our environment? Do any of you use all-natural cleaners at home? How about homemade laundry soaps? Do you wear a seatbelt every day?

WHAT OTHER THINGS DO YOU DO TO ENSURE YOUR OVERALL HEALTH AND WELLBEING??
Well, not enough. No all natural products and we don't eat organically But everyone is properly restrained in the car, DF quit smoking 7 years ago and I quit 4 years ago (though I was never a heavy smoker anyway), we all take vitamins and do not take any unneccesary medications, we compost and eat a lot of our veggies from our garden, brush twice daily, and limit sweets and screen time for the kiddos.

Definitely need to get DD more active, think we will put her in soccer this year. DF's family have all been big into soccer for forever so it is only natural. Also need to work on us adults getting better sleep... I need at least 8 hrs a day and I usually only get 6 1/2 DF gets even less and then he complains about feeling run down Well, hopefully this year we can work on being healthier overall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Hello friends! I feel like its been so long since I've been on here. We got back to the real world Thurs night after being at wdw for 6 nights. It was a fabulous trip. We had great weather (80s) and low crowds. We did everything we wanted to do plus much more. I also ate everything I wanted to eat plus much more Luckily, I came home right around the same weight before we left so I was happy with that. We miss it already, especially since its 12 degrees today & we are supposed to get 4 inches of snow
Jill
Sounds like a fabulous trip! Glad everything went so well... now it's back to reality huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
I'm not very good about using all natural products in the house. We do recycle and compost. And I always use my seatbelt.

I've actually decided to try and get my whole self in order this year. Most of my life, but even more so after having the kids, I have suffered from depression. I've never gotten any kind of help for it or spoken to anyone about it but after a few horrible and scary days/nights in January I decided it's high time I do something about this. Just as I decided to get my body in better shape and health for the sake of my kids I need to get my mind right for them as well. So I've gone to my Family Doc to get a referral to a psychologist and I have my first meeting with him on Tuesday. Hopefully he will be able to give me some guidance and coping mechanisms.

I also try to read as much as I can (which isn't a lot with a 5 year old, 1 year old and 4 month old...). I try to read books that will enrich my life (right now I'm reading the art of happiness by the Dalai Lama).

Another thing I've been doing is trying to avoid processed foods. I've become more of a cook since January and try really hard to avoid packaged processed foods.

One thing that I would like to do more of for my well being is spend more alone time with DH, have date nights. However that's pretty much impossible at this stage of our lives. He works evenings because that way he can be home with the girls during the day and we save on daycare. So when I'm at work he's home, then I come home and he goes to work. He also works every 2nd weekend. So basically we only have every 2nd weekend together and of course we like to spend that time as a family. But we do need to find a way to spend more time together just the 2 of us so we can be more of the loving couple we used to be as opposed to co-parents passing in the night!

One last area I need to improve on is my sleep. I need to get myself to bed by 9 every night no exceptions. I always say I will but I end up staying up late watching TV (addicted to Downton Abbey at the moment) or cross stitching. The baby is sleeping through the night now (6:30-6:30) so I could get a really good night's sleep if I actually went to bed at a decent time. So that's something I need to work on.

So far I'm really proud of the progress I've made since January 1st. I've been working out 6 days a week and haven't skipped a workout yet and have always stayed on point with WW. I'm down 12 pounds already which is very encouraging. And all the exercise and proper food is making my body and mind feel much better already!
So glad you are taking steps to address your total well-being, it is sooo important! Equally glad the baby is sleeping for you now! Maybe we should start an "in bed by 9" daily challenge?!

**************************

Had a great day today! Zumba was exhausting, and I looked like a fool most of the time, but I am pretty proud of myself for conquering a fear I have had for forever of public exercise (at least on the elliptical at the Y it is pretty hard to do all the wrong moves, and there is no interaction with others!) and I actually completed the whole hour! And more importantly, I enjoyed myself! And Mama was pretty scary, really enjoyed the "me time"... My friend and I are thinking of making it our regular Sat routine.. zumba and a movie Plus I got her to join MFP, yay! Afterwards I took DD to the park for an hour and then came home and made a delicious dinner... chicken apple sausage, sauted onions and peppers, and creamed spinach, yum! Plus the scale showed a 2 lb loss this am, hopefully it will show me the same thing tomorrow on my official weigh in day!

Well, I am off to do my plank for the day! Which btw, I modified yesterday on my knees and, while it was difficult, was not as bad as I thought. I wonder if I am doing it right? I have watched the videos and I think I am but not sure... Well happy Super Bowl Day everyone (by the time you read this), hope we all have plans to keep it OP!
__________________
Amanda DF (Engaged in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle 7/10/12!) DS-13 DD-7



araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #108
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 45,103

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
.
So glad you are taking steps to address your total well-being, it is sooo important! Equally glad the baby is sleeping for you now! Maybe we should start an "in bed by 9" daily challenge?!
Well then I win! Easy for me to go to bed by 9pm. However I am up at 5am everyday. This morning I woke up at 4:30am.

I am posting in a ghost town.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #109
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,840

Good Sunday morning!

QOTD for Sunday February 3, 2013:

Pick your preferences:


Salty or Sweet?

Winter or Summer?

Fiction or Nonfiction?

Coffee or Tea?

Reptile or Rodent?

Black or Brown?

Tennis or Golf?

Apple or Orange?

Traveler or Homebody?

Shower or Bath?

Jeans or Skirt?

Morning or Night?

Purse or Shoes?

Mountains or Ocean?
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:26 AM   #110
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Playing catch up today. I actually dug through posts until I finally found the first biggest loser challenge I participated in. When I started I weighed 175 and ended up losing 22 pounds I think. Which is about where I am now. It was really helpful reading through my posts and remembering what was working for me then. I really used movies as a reward and I think I'm going to start doing that again. Frankenweenie's at the cheap theater here still in 3d so I think I'll try for that this week. If I lose a pound I can go see it. There's actually a lot of movies I want to catch up on so this could work. Famous last words...
Anyway if any of you are frustrated right now with the scale just not moving I'd encourage you to look up your posts and an earlier challenge that was working for you...I know there's a lot of regs on here. Have some sun out there today-- so better go catch it. My 'friend' really spent some time and effort to see me yesterday so that made me really happy--this is what's different for me than when I was doing so well before. But knowing the difference helps too. (the difference between now and then)
What a great suggestion, to go back to our starting point and see what was working! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
That's what I'm going for.

I got up early and went to the gym for 40 minutes before going out and buying things that will make working out a lot easier for me (a sports bra to wear OVER my regular bra because... the girls are obnoxious), running shoes, better socks... stuff like that.

Unfortunately, I caved and had a turkey and apple panini on sourdough with brie. It might be a bit healthier than McDonalds, but I couldn't stop myself. (13 points, gone in one sitting, but oh so worth it).

Anyways, I wish all of you luck in the coming week!
Hey....at least your figured out the Points, counted it, and made the best of it. I wear a sports bra over a regular bra most of the time, but I recently bought a new sports bra at JCP that doesn't seem to need that extra! I know a lot of the bigger girls here swear by Enell sports bras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl36 View Post
Hi! So I tried a new recipe for supper tonight I found on the skinny taste website, cheesy spaghetti squash with spinach. It was ok, I really would've liked to have pizza, but I'm trying SO hard to eat healthy. DH thought it was ok too. DD wouldn't touch it, but of course the kid only eats 5 different foods. quite a source of anxiety for me! I have more than half the casserole dish left. We'll see how fast it exits the fridge! Oh we'll, at least I have enough calories left for some ice cream!
I'm not a big spaghetti squash fan, but that actually sounds good to me. Can you share the recipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger813 View Post
Hi all,
Only joining in 1 day late this time! I sent my PM to Lisa! SO I'm good so far! Had to work late yesterday and then we went out to supper last night. Had to take DD8 to basketball this morning and then work a few hours and then finally dispose of broken elliptical. Watching Hotel Transylvania right now!

I've been doing ok with the exercise but weight is hanging on. I do a 5K on my treadmill every other day. This month, on the days I don't do the 5K I will do either a Walk Away the Pounds workout or my Zumba Core or Just Dance 4. I also really need to increase my water intake. I have cut down to soda only on weekends and alcohol only on weekends. I drink a lot of Crystal Light Iced Tea and hot tea every day.

My goal for this month is 8 pounds. DH is also hoping to start being consistent on the treadmill. If I increase the water and am consistent with my workouts the 8 pounds is definitely possible. I have a total of 20 pounds total I would like to lose by the end of May when we have our first Disney trip of the year planned. We bought annual passes and hope to use them for 2 weekend trips and 2 longer trips.

Friends coming over to watch the Super Bowl tomorrow night so I am going to try and be good all day tomorrow. I will have a protein shake for breakfast and one for lunch so I can save calories for the evening. Making several things to eat during the game but leftovers will make my week easier as well.

DD8 is requesting some applesauce so I'll be back again tomorrow!

TTFN
Four Disney trips this year!! Lucky lady!! And that is an ambitious weight loss goal for February... but I'll bet you'll get it done!

I didn't even realize that the Superbowl was today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Today was a good day. DS16 made it to ECC's which was today. he PRed in the 1600 (1 mile) at a 5:18:17. Coach wants him under 5 minutes by fall and I think he has a really good shot at it. Indoor season is over and outdoor track will start probably beginning to middle of March. It was fun watching everyone run and the bleachers were in a good place so we were right in the thick of it.

Big to DS!!

On a personal note: I held my plank for 1:07, that was hard!! And my legs were shaking but I did it!!
I also did 60 minutes on the treadmill tonight, intervals of 5.5 run and 3.0 walk.
Logged all my food ( well I guessed on the Shepards pie, but tried to over estimate).
Day 10 of no chocolate. Odd thing is, I don't really miss it that much. If I need sweets I grab 4 lemon rounds, 60 calories.

Over all I feel better than I have in a few days mentally. We'll see what happens when DH leaves again tomorrow. Not liking this 90% travel thing again. I was hoping it was behind us. But I'll live with it because I don't want to move to Virginia.

Anyway, need to shower and go to bed, loads to do tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great night and a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Great job on the plank! I did 1:05 yesterday.... would have tried to beat that if I had known you were going to best me!! Watch out..... game on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Time for some catching up! Starting the month with the best of intentions, at least.

I have a serious late evening sweet tooth, so my favorites tend to involve chocolate. The VitaTops in chocolate mint and deep chocolate are awesome. I wait for a special and then order a couple dozen at a time. They have a dedicated spot in my freezer, and I'll take one out to thaw while I'm watching something on the DVR and, usually, catching up on work!

I also like the WW cookie dough sundaes. They come in 4-packs now, but I usually only buy them when I'm out of VitaTops...space in our wee side-by-side fridge is at a premium!

The non-chocolate is fruit, fruit, fruit. Sliced apple with peanut butter or a bowl of berries with Truvia are my favorites.

I hate my side-by-side fridge/freezer. Can't even fit a normal frozen pizza unless I store it vertically!


I'm absolutely a seatbelt wearer, and DH and I are vehement anti-smokers. We recycle as best our county allows (although it bums me out how behind other large communities we are - it seems like we could be doing so much better!).

This one is food related, but I have started spending the money to buy organic more often. I have two daughters, and it kind of freaks me out how much earlier girls are maturing - I think there's a lot we don't fully understand about how the stuff we use to grow and preserve our food affects our bodies, and I'm trying to err on the side of caution with them - with the side benefit for us, too! Of course, buying organic is its own minefield of misinformation, so I try to stick with brands I really trust and look for the seals from the major certifiers. Good times.

I also stay on top of my checkups, much more than I used to! I started seeing a dermatologist last spring for preventive care on the big stuff and treatments on the little stuff (mild rosacea). A couple of years ago, I decided to create a habit and now floss every. single. day. Woo! My dentist is delighted. My mammograms are annual now, and I schedule them for late morning at the center on the way to my favorite restaurant so I can treat myself to a nice lunch and a glass of wine after The Big Squish. I figure, I have to take care of myself to take care of my family, right?

The area where I really fall down (sometimes almost literally) is sleep. I do not get enough sleep. I need a good 2-3 hours more per night than I'm getting on a regular basis, and I don't think a day goes by when I couldn't lie down and take a nap on mere suggestion. I need to figure out a better way to shut the day down earlier, but there's always so much to do. And so much of our entertainment at home after the kids go to bed are the shows we DVR and watch late. No shock - I do better on sleep (usually) when the shows I love aren't in season!

Lots of good habits. The sleep thing is so important though. As long as you are aware that you need more, you are at least thinking in the right direction.

I really need to start looking seriously at one of these. We used to have a blender, just a standard run-of-the-mill thing, and it just never worked well for me. We have a food processor, and for cooking I just always went with that. But I'd like to think that if I had something as good as the VitaMix, I'd actually make lots of delicious healthy things!

SWEET! That's *awesome,* and you should be bragging!

I'll brag a teeny bit today, too - my next half marathon is the Nike Women's Half in DC at the end of April. Today was the first day of my new training plan. Three miles, which has become fairly easy for me, even after missing a couple of weeks to illness. But today it was 18 degrees out even at 11am. I went anyway. It started snowing on me about halfway through, and I kept going. It felt oddly awesome. Gotta do it again tomorrow. That will be tighter because...

I totally understand that awesome feeling!! Great job!

Tomorrow is our annual SuperBowl party! The only one we host every year...we live in a townhouse and while I love to entertain, it's hard to fit people and cars and all here, so we make it all fit into this one big event. I do your standard sides (including veggies!), drinks, and we order pizza once we have a critical mass of people. It will not be a healthy event, so I'm planning light but satisfying meals for breakfast and lunch. Can't wait!

I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

XO
Liz
Wow! So many folks with SB plans, and it wasn't even on my radar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Gsandme View Post
I have not considered that as a possible weight loss benefit, but I'd love it if reducing my weight would end my depression and anxiety

A splurge is fine and it sounds like your exercise probably earned it for you.

I had a spaghetti squash recipe last year that was close to good but not quite. I need to give it another go.

Thankfully, we're not into the game. I have a few healthy snack things for dinner and I might give a crispy oven fries recipe another go b

Congrats to DS AND you. A minute plank? WOW!

Today went okay. Not totally as planned. I went over points and had to use my weekly extras, but I logged everything and was accountable so I guess I'm okay.

We had yummy salads for dinner and in really close to getting dressing made with Greek yogurt right. Almost there.
Sounds like a good dinner! Did you make the salads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Well, not enough. No all natural products and we don't eat organically But everyone is properly restrained in the car, DF quit smoking 7 years ago and I quit 4 years ago (though I was never a heavy smoker anyway), we all take vitamins and do not take any unneccesary medications, we compost and eat a lot of our veggies from our garden, brush twice daily, and limit sweets and screen time for the kiddos.

Definitely need to get DD more active, think we will put her in soccer this year. DF's family have all been big into soccer for forever so it is only natural. Also need to work on us adults getting better sleep... I need at least 8 hrs a day and I usually only get 6 1/2 DF gets even less and then he complains about feeling run down Well, hopefully this year we can work on being healthier overall!

Sounds like you are taking big steps in the right direction to a healthy lifestyle....especially with the smoking habit gone! That is a SUPER big deal! Congrats to both of you on that one!

Sounds like a fabulous trip! Glad everything went so well... now it's back to reality huh?

So glad you are taking steps to address your total well-being, it is sooo important! Equally glad the baby is sleeping for you now! Maybe we should start an "in bed by 9" daily challenge?!

**************************

Had a great day today! Zumba was exhausting, and I looked like a fool most of the time, but I am pretty proud of myself for conquering a fear I have had for forever of public exercise (at least on the elliptical at the Y it is pretty hard to do all the wrong moves, and there is no interaction with others!) and I actually completed the whole hour! And more importantly, I enjoyed myself! And Mama was pretty scary, really enjoyed the "me time"... My friend and I are thinking of making it our regular Sat routine.. zumba and a movie Plus I got her to join MFP, yay! Afterwards I took DD to the park for an hour and then came home and made a delicious dinner... chicken apple sausage, sauted onions and peppers, and creamed spinach, yum! Plus the scale showed a 2 lb loss this am, hopefully it will show me the same thing tomorrow on my official weigh in day!

Well, I am off to do my plank for the day! Which btw, I modified yesterday on my knees and, while it was difficult, was not as bad as I thought. I wonder if I am doing it right? I have watched the videos and I think I am but not sure... Well happy Super Bowl Day everyone (by the time you read this), hope we all have plans to keep it OP!
Great Saturday routine! Wish I had time for something fun like that!

If you enjoy those chicken sausages, check out my "Sweet Autumn Chicken" recipe over on the BL recipe thread! It uses those sweet apple sausages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Well then I win! Easy for me to go to bed by 9pm. However I am up at 5am everyday. This morning I woke up at 4:30am.
I am posting in a ghost town.
I am counting down the last few of my 4 am alarms for DD's high school swim career! Just TWO left!! I'm partially THRILLED and partially SAD.... because it definitely means the end of an era for our family.

*******************

Happy Sunday again friends! I have just 2 minutes left to say hello and get the family flying to get ready for church! I already decided I am cutting myself some slack and wearing jeans today. Nice jeans, but jeans. My Mom isn't here to yell at me about it, but I'm sure DD will have something to say about it!

Yogurt and fruit for breakfast for those to make it to the kitchen in time to eat before we have to leave!

Off to set out the breakfast and wake the crew! TTYL....................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #111
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran
 
Greenfield1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post

So glad you are taking steps to address your total well-being, it is sooo important! Equally glad the baby is sleeping for you now! Maybe we should start an "in bed by 9" daily challenge?!
Haha, now that's my kind of challenge! Thank you all for the encouraging words. I'm thinking 2013 will be my best year yet


QOTD Sunday:

Salty or Sweet? Definitely more of a sweets person, but I won't turn my nose up at salty either!

Winter or Summer? SUMMER! I HATE winter!

Fiction or Nonfiction? Nonfiction

Coffee or Tea? Tea

Reptile or Rodent? Rodent

Black or Brown? Brown

Tennis or Golf? Tennis

Apple or Orange? Apple (with peanut butter)

Traveler or Homebody? I am a homebody but would rather be a traveler

Shower or Bath? Shower

Jeans or Skirt? Skirt. Skirts just look better on my body than pants do

Morning or Night? Morning

Purse or Shoes? Purse

Mountains or Ocean? Ocean

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and those of you watching the superbowl enjoy your parties!
__________________
September 2015???
October 2013: CSR with DD6, DD2, DD1, DMIL and DFIL!
November 2012: AoA with DD5, DD1 and DD2months!
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #112
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran
 
fitgirl36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 775

Here's the spaghetti squash recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/b...heese.html?m=1

Have a great day everyone! I'm going to try despite the fact I don't think we've seen the sun here in NE Ohio in weeks!
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #113
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael
 
dismagiclover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Good Sunday morning!

QOTD for Sunday February 3, 2013:

Pick your preferences:


Salty or Sweet? Sweet

Winter or Summer? Summer

Fiction or Nonfiction?fiction

Coffee or Tea?I don't really drink either

Reptile or Rodent?Reptile

Black or Brown?black

Tennis or Golf?I don't play either. I like running.

Apple or Orange?orange

Traveler or Homebody?If I had the money, traveler

Shower or Bath?shower

Jeans or Skirt?jeans

Morning or Night?morning

Purse or Shoes?shoes

Mountains or Ocean?ocean
My plank a day is going well. I'm up to 34 seconds. Hope everyone has a fabulous Super Bowl Sunday, but watch what you eat. I read yesterday that we consume more calories today than any other day except Thanksgiving. Yikes!
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #114
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Missouri
Posts: 45,103

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Good Sunday morning!

QOTD for Sunday February 3, 2013
I just have to say for the QOTD my answer is both to everything but morning or night.

I am a morning person and always have been a morning person.

Right now eating yogurt and then going to go and stretch and work on getting rid of this plantar fasciitis.

Happy Sunday All!!!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #115
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La
 
nocomment711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 335

Quote:
QOTD Sunday:

Salty or Sweet? Salty Sweet! (I love mixing the two together!)

Winter or Summer? Winter!

Fiction or Nonfiction? Fiction

Coffee or Tea? [b]Tea[/bb]

Reptile or Rodent? Rodent (I want a pet rat so bad!)

Black or Brown? Black

Tennis or Golf? I'm not coordinated enough for either! xD

Apple or Orange? Apple

Traveler or Homebody? Traveler!

Shower or Bath? Shower

Jeans or Skirt? Jeans.

Morning or Night? Night

Purse or Shoes? Blurays. Seriously. I don't buy expensive shoes or purses because I have an addiction to Blurays, and I don't really.. care for either

Mountains or Ocean? Mountains
Consultation day! We'll see how that goes, then planning 60 minutes of exercise today. We'll see if I can stick to it. My new thing is going to the fitness center when I'm bored instead of sleeping. I just have to be careful not to overdo it.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #116
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,562

Good morning all!

Participants list is updated as of this morning. I think that we are off to a great start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Saturday, February 2, 2013:

As we are all trying to get our bodies healthier by eating better and exercising, is anyone concerned about other things in our environment? Do any of you use all-natural cleaners at home? How about homemade laundry soaps? Do you wear a seatbelt every day?

WHAT OTHER THINGS DO YOU DO TO ENSURE YOUR OVERALL HEALTH AND WELLBEING??
I use some of the Method cleaners at home and use the reliable old favorites like Tide, Windex, Lysol, Cascade for detergent and cleaning. I'm a big fan of the steam mop to clean my hard surface floors. I find that sometimes the natural products don't clean as well.

I wear my seatbelt every day and make sure everyone else does too. Same with checkups. We aren't big consumers -- we've reached that stage in our lives we are trying to get rid of stuff. DH's goal is to fit all our belongings in a golf cart by the time we hit retirement. The recycling bin is always more full than the trash. We buy local produce when it is available. The next generation of our household is definitely more environmentally aware than this one, although we are downright hippies compared to our folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
I saw Lisa's post yesterday about changing the name of the recipe thread. I am happy to do that if someone comes up with a good name. Not feeling very creative right now.
I bet someone will come up with a good name. Hope your foot is feeling better! Sometimes I think as one thing heals the other thing that has been working extra hard pipes up. That is what I am telling myself about this PF flareup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Playing catch up today. I actually dug through posts until I finally found the first biggest loser challenge I participated in. When I started I weighed 175 and ended up losing 22 pounds I think. Which is about where I am now. It was really helpful reading through my posts and remembering what was working for me then. I really used movies as a reward and I think I'm going to start doing that again. Frankenweenie's at the cheap theater here still in 3d so I think I'll try for that this week. If I lose a pound I can go see it. There's actually a lot of movies I want to catch up on so this could work. Famous last words...
Anyway if any of you are frustrated right now with the scale just not moving I'd encourage you to look up your posts and an earlier challenge that was working for you...I know there's a lot of regs on here. Have some sun out there today-- so better go catch it. My 'friend' really spent some time and effort to see me yesterday so that made me really happy--this is what's different for me than when I was doing so well before. But knowing the difference helps too. (the difference between now and then)
This is a great idea, Susan, to go back and see what worked for you in the past! Thank you for volunteering to coach the final week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Well then I win! Easy for me to go to bed by 9pm. However I am up at 5am everyday. This morning I woke up at 4:30am.

I am posting in a ghost town.
I'm one of the early birds, too. Sometimes I am posting with all you other early birds and I am in the PST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Good Sunday morning!

QOTD for Sunday February 3, 2013:

Pick your preferences:


Salty or Sweet? Both!

Winter or Summer? Summer

Fiction or Nonfiction? Nonfiction

Coffee or Tea? Tea

Reptile or Rodent? Reptile

Black or Brown? Black

Tennis or Golf? Golf

Apple or Orange? Both

Traveler or Homebody? Both

Shower or Bath? Shower

Jeans or Skirt? Jeans

Morning or Night? Morning

Purse or Shoes? Shoes

Mountains or Ocean? Ocean
For those of you watching the game today, enjoy! Remember no matter what happens with your eating plans, that the wagon will be here bright and early tomorrow and there is room for all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #117
3Gsandme
DIS Veteran
 
3Gsandme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 683

Pick your preferences:


Salty or Sweet? Salty

Winter or Summer? Winter

Fiction or Nonfiction? Fiction

Coffee or Tea? coffee

Reptile or Rodent? rodent.

Black or Brown? Black

Tennis or Golf? Neither? I guess golf

Apple or Orange? Orange

Traveler or Homebody? traveler

Shower or Bath? Shower

Jeans or Skirt? Jeans

Morning or Night? Night

Purse or Shoes? Shoes!

Mountains or Ocean? Ocean
__________________
~Jamie~
Mom to 3 Little Princesses( -14,- 7, and -4)



My November 2015 PTR-Heigh Ho Ho HO!
3Gsandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #118
50sjayne
DIS Veteran
 
50sjayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Good Sunday morning!

QOTD for Sunday February 3, 2013:

Pick your preferences:


Salty or Sweet? Salty

Winter or Summer? summer

Fiction or Nonfiction? fiction

Coffee or Tea? coffee

Reptile or Rodent? reptile--nothing against Mickey lol

Black or Brown? black--"I see a red door..."

Tennis or Golf? golf--goofy golf anyway

Apple or Orange? apple

Traveler or Homebody? traveler

Shower or Bath? bath

Jeans or Skirt? jeans

Morning or Night? night

Purse or Shoes? purse

Mountains or Ocean? ocean
Well--gotta go get ready for work, have fun those of you who like football.
__________________
It's snowing in Disneyland!
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #119
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran
 
goofyfigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984


QOTD Sunday:

Salty or Sweet? Sweet

Winter or Summer? Summer

Fiction or Nonfiction? Fiction

Coffee or Tea? Tea

Reptile or Rodent? Rodent

Black or Brown? Black

Tennis or Golf? Mini golf?

Apple or Orange? Apple

Traveler or Homebody? Traveler

Shower or Bath? Bath, too bad we dont have a tub

Jeans or Skirt? Jeans

Morning or Night? Mid day

Purse or Shoes? Purse

Mountains or Ocean? Ocean
Enjoy superbowl
__________________
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #120
mikamah
DIS Veteran
 
mikamah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
QOTD for Saturday, February 2, 2013:

As we are all trying to get our bodies healthier by eating better and exercising, is anyone concerned about other things in our environment? Do any of you use all-natural cleaners at home? How about homemade laundry soaps? Do you wear a seatbelt every day?

WHAT OTHER THINGS DO YOU DO TO ENSURE YOUR OVERALL HEALTH AND WELLBEING??
definitely the seatbelt, trying to eat less processed, and stay away from artifical sweeteners. Also try to floss daily, but seems I've been slacking a bit lately, so this is a good reminder.
Always do checkups, mammograms, etc. We recycle.



Salty or Sweet? both

Winter or Summer? Summer

Fiction or Nonfiction? Fiction

Coffee or Tea? Coffee

Reptile or Rodent? Rodent, guinea pig comes to mind

Black or Brown? black

Tennis or Golf? tennis

Apple or Orange? apple

Traveler or Homebody? Both. Really enjoying being more of a homebody since we got the dog, but love to travel when we have the money

Shower or Bath? Shower

Jeans or Skirt? Jeans, though a long skirt with boots is nice.

Morning or Night? Morning

Purse or Shoes? Shoes

Mountains or Ocean? Ocean


Love this qotd and reading through all the answers. Thanks Pamela.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I am counting down the last few of my 4 am alarms for DD's high school swim career! Just TWO left!! I'm partially THRILLED and partially SAD.... because it definitely means the end of an era for our family.

Happy Sunday again friends! I have just 2 minutes left to say hello and get the family flying to get ready for church! I already decided I am cutting myself some slack and wearing jeans today. Nice jeans, but jeans. My Mom isn't here to yell at me about it, but I'm sure DD will have something to say about it!
Wow, can't believe dd is almost done swimming. Will she be swimming in college? And has she decided where she will go yet? I think I read last month she was still waiting on some schools. Big year for you.

And what you were wearing never mattered in our house. I remember my dad saying, that God doesn't care what your wearing, so relax and wear those jeans. Though I do remember a priest caring and requesting no bermuda shorts and there was a bit of an uproar about it. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Haha, now that's my kind of challenge! Thank you all for the encouraging words. I'm thinking 2013 will be my best year yet

!
It is going to be your year. Congrats on your loss so far, that is awesome. And good luck with the therapist too, it's so tough to make time for yourself when your kids are so young, but you are so worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
For those of you watching the game today, enjoy! Remember no matter what happens with your eating plans, that the wagon will be here bright and early tomorrow and there is room for all!
Thanks for the wagon reminder!! I hope to stay in it, and see you still on track in the am. I'm sorry your pf is acting up again. I hope you can get it under control soon. xo

Good morning!!

We had a really fun electronic free day. I got out for a real long walk with the dog, and did some run/walking too.
Ds and I played the bl card game, and the 4 exercises we did were jumping jacks, squats, situps and pushups. It took about half an hour, and we figured with the whole deck we did 95 of each. My pushups and sit ups were modified, but we plan to do it every weekend.

And my plank was only 10 seconds yesterday after my long walk. Soooo proud of all of you plankers that are up to a minute already.

We had ice cream for breakfast day to benefit the local dog park, so I splurged on a sundae and used 34 points on it. It was worth it though, and today I'm planning a lower point dinner and snacks for the game.

We're cheering for the Ravens, mainly cuz ds likes purple, and so he has a ravens hat and Michael Oher jersey. And we loved the Blind side movie too.
(I'll be wearing my patriots sweatshirt and feeling no stress about the outcome of the game.)

Have a wonderful Superbowl Sunday!!!!
__________________
Kathy Michael-DS11

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.