Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #571
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Wanted to give my final report for the month on the plank a day. I didn't plank everyday, but I did remember most days. Plus at the beginning of the month I could only hold for 32 seconds. Today I held it for a full minute I'm going to try and keep up with it next month and even try to do another set. Bring it on, March!
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #572
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover
Wanted to give my final report for the month on the plank a day. I didn't plank everyday, but I did remember most days. Plus at the beginning of the month I could only hold for 32 seconds. Today I held it for a full minute I'm going to try and keep up with it next month and even try to do another set. Bring it on, March!
Congrats! Awesome accomplishment
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #573
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Unless of course I find some used equipment for sale. Flea markets/Swap Meets/Garage Sales are right around the corner!!!!

Thanks for the well wishes and advice. And away we go!!!!!
I bet you can find some bargains from people who's good intentions have gone by the way side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
quotd Thurs 2/28

I was looking at some calorie quizzes online yesterday and bombing horribly....how well do you think you know your calorie counts? Scale of one to 10. I think right now I'm about a 5.

When I was a teen I had a little mini book I'd carry around with a calorie chart. I knew the amount of calories in Everything. Now-- I think I need to get re- acquainted.

Here's a link to a good one:
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/fitne...6996931807.xml
It's always good to refresh your memory on those calorie counts. Restaurant food is one that always surprises me -- I always think shouldn't it taste better for those kind of calories? And now I'm learning the WW point system. Luckily there are plenty of apps on your phone that can help. MyFitnessPal has a great database. myfitnesspal.com and it is free!

Thank you, Susan, for coaching this week for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Woot on the plank!

Numbers are updated through all PMs received so far today. Check out all the pretty colors! And a big for all our WISH lime green peeps!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #574
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Ooh--I'd want to track down one of those boxes.
I got it at my local Aldi. Not sure they'd be everywhere but might be a place to start if you really want one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Welcome to the exciting last day of the Fantastic February WATP Challenge!

Congratulations you all made it through the whole challenge!

Please PM your final weigh in number to me today. I will be updating the colors tomorrow morning and after that Pamela will be hosting the March challenge. We have to have a final cutoff to ensure a smooth transition. If you are going to use your final February number as your first weigh in number simply include Pamela in the PM. As always those dates and numbers in the subject line help me -- i.e. "Weigh in 2/28 150"

It's been a pleasure being your hostess this month. Thank you to all of our coaches this month!
Weigh in sent!!! I made my goal!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Good Morning Wishers!!!

Well, last day of the month. I want to extend many thanks to all of you for your stories, help, and encouragement. A special thanks to lisah0711 for hosting this month!!!!!!!!

I made my goal weight. Now can I do it next month? That has me scared because I have not been below this weight in 5 yrs.

I am going to go for it though. However not sure if I should strive for a pound a week?

Hmmmm...what to do. Have to think on it.
Congrats on reaching your goal!!! I think a pound a week is perfect assuming you feel you still need to lose weight. 1 pound a week is my goal. However if you feel good where you are right now you could try to maintain for a month and see how that goes. Good luck next month no matter what you decide!

Quote:
quotd Thurs 2/28

I was looking at some calorie quizzes online yesterday and bombing horribly....how well do you think you know your calorie counts? Scale of one to 10. I think right now I'm about a 5.

When I was a teen I had a little mini book I'd carry around with a calorie chart. I knew the amount of calories in Everything. Now-- I think I need to get re- acquainted.

Here's a link to a good one:
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/fitne...6996931807.xml
I haven't done the quiz you sent but I think I am pretty good. I can't give you exact numbers but I can give you a range that is usually right. Comes from starting to diet in the 2nd grade. So its kinda sad actually. If I eat something 'bad' I know exactly how many calories I am eating I just don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Congrats on planking! I think I planked everyday. I may have forgotten a day or two but its pretty much a habit now.

Congrats to all who lost/maintained this month! I really enjoyed following along. I know I didn't post much but I subscribe to the thread and would usually read the email while at work and I wouldn't always get a chance to reply. Thanks for the support!!

Good luck next month!

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #575
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Evening all! Ready to make the change to March? Then reserve your seat on the March challenge right now! Plenty of great seats still available!

First of all HUGE congrats to everyone who completed the plank-a-day challenge for March! I missed a few days mid-month....just plain old forgot! But overall I stuck with it. That being said, my neck pain/headaches have been worse this month and I suspect that planks may have been a contributing factor...so I am holding off on continuing the challenge into March.

If you participated and stuck with it, PM me your snail mail address for a PRIZE! (But be patient...it takes me forever to get to the P.O.)

I will just say up front that the March challenge will start slowly because of the busy robotics weekend. I don't know anything about spreadsheets and will have to wait til the first part of the week to get help from the family. But keep sending me your starting weights and goals for the month!

Cold and sore throat aren't great right now. I cut back my TM time because I felt like I was going to start wheezing and then I would end up coughing. I did 30 minutes on the track and then 20 minutes of incline work on the TM.

Would adore a cup of coffee or tea right now, but don't feel like going out to get one (I'm at the Y until 9:15). Oh well.

Belly feels really gross and bloated right now...not sure why. Felt like this for several days lately. Maybe too much fiber and /or too many beans?

Off to chill while I wait for DD....really tired tonight......P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #576
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

It's no longer February, but I wanted to at least come back here and say thanks you so much to Lisa for hosting and to Susan for coaching this last week!

Now off to new challenges!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #577
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

FINAL RESULTS

Weight Loss Participants:
3Gsandme 32%
4HOLIDAYS 58%
50sjayne 117%
akhaloha 57%
amready2go 10%
araes2102 83%
BernardandMissBianca 104%
cclovesdis 44%
Desiree 104%
DisFam95 88%
dismagiclover 80%
Eliza32 114%
fitgirl36 38%
Flossbolna 50%
goofyfigment 36%
Greenfield1984 100%
iheartjuppy 92%
jillbur 60%
liesel 0%
lisah0711 0%
MaryPoppins 60%
mikamah 103%
momofdjc 40%
NightAngelX 100%
njcarita 100%
nocomment711 18%
penguin1102 30%
pix13dust 163%
plutobaby 33%
quicklabs 113%
Rose&Mike 50%
sskem96 43%
tiki23 55%
TheMysteryMachine 100%
tinkerbye 40%

Maintainer Participants
myweegirls 4/4

A big WATP thank you to all our coaches and participants for a successful February challenge! See you all on the March thread.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: