Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #496
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

lisah0711...I find the cod liver oil really helps. I take one 1000mg capsule each morning with my breakfast. If we go away for a few days and I forget to take them with me, I start to feel a bit creaky!!

Had my cook-fest today. Got 8 portions out of the crock-pot beef casserole with swede, potato, parsnip, onion and carrot in 2lbs of prime steak. Also done a 5 portion chilli, with both red kidney beans and black beans. It is all going in the freezer for week-night dinners. Tomorrow night I'm making a big bolognaise sauce with less than 5% fat minced steak, passata, onions, garlic, oregano and I usually grate in a couple of carrots for extra veg. Drooling just thinking about it...it's probably one of my favourite quick dinners. Although I did well with weight loss last week, I wasn't as organised as I like to be, and got a bit stressed out about it.

I went to our local Indian and Continental store today and got more spices, tins of black beans, huge bunches of coriander (cilantro??) and flat leaf parsley. It came to under £4 ($6)...I love shoppping there and they are so lovely when they serve you, unlike some of the UK run shops!!!

Next I'm going to boil some baby potatoes and some eggs to go in lunchbox salad tomorrow. Feels good getting organised.

My treat later is to have a nice soak in a hot bath and read my Sunday newspaper....Hubs will be downstairs watching the rugby league on TV.

Last edited by Eliza32; 02-24-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #497
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post

Glad to see you are feeling better ... even if you aren't back 100%. The last two days I got the worst cold. It is in my sinuses too. I was asking my students "who gave it to me?" ... which really could have been any of them. They all have had runny noses. One of my kids looked at me very seriously and said, "I promise, I didn't give it to you."

Thanks. I wish this sinus thing would go away. How are you feeling now?

Last night I signed up myself and my DH for the Tower of Terror run!!! I am so excited! My DH is not a runner, but he is doing it for the fun of it. He told me he will catch up with me at the end for the party. Now I have to start researching flights and where to stay ....
Omgsh! I am so excited (and jealous)! Have fun planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
QUOTD 2/23 Sat.

What's the meaning of your DIS name?
Well, when I signed up I did not expect to do much posting so I wasn't very creative. My name is Jill and Bur are the 1st 3 letters of my last name. I've thought about changing it, but don't have any idea what to change it to, so it's still the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Starting to feel slightly better. Still coughing (even though the doctor said that the lungs are fine) and also suffer from very unpleasant muscle pain. I tend to get that after virus infections - more or less all the muscles on my backside hurt - I can't really stretch anymore. I normally can touch the floor standing with straight legs, but at the moment I can only reach as far as my knees. Painful and unpleasant, but I am sure it will pass!
I hope you're feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post

I weighed in today! Down to 203.8!!! Wooohoo! Finally some movement! I also took measurements (i measure myself once per month) and while I won't bore you with all the measurements my waist and bust is down a full inch and a half inch off nearly everything else I measure. YaY! So excited!

Oh and DH is down 4 lbs!!!! So we are on our way!

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend!! Keep up all the hard work. We can do it!!!
Congrats to you and DH. Keep up the good work!

Quote:
quotd 2/24 Sunday

NSV's NSV's I am loving NSV's.

Since the start of the year what is your favorite Non Scale Victory? If you haven't had any luck yet so far then name something from your past.

For me it's less pain. The more I lose the less back pain I have...
My NSV are fitting in clothes that I haven't worn forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

QOTD:

I actually had a NSV yesterday. I took out the "pre-packing bin" as my trip to Florida is coming closer and I wanted to start collecting stuff to figure out what I might want to buy before the trip etc. I have one skirt that is a size 6 (I actually think they might have mislabeled it ) which is a great summer skirt that has come on trips to WDW in the past with me. I tried it on yesterday expecting it still being too small. But no, it wasn't!! It is very tight, but I could wear it today!
Glad you're feeling better. This is a great NSV! When are you going to FL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

I made a new recipe last night that I found on my new favorite healthy blog (www.rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com) and I am anxious to try it this morning. It is refrigerator jam made with chia seeds (the newest healthy food craze around here). I made blueberry jam and I can't wait to try it on my flaxseed pancakes. Actually, DD made it and I just helped.

Off to enjoy my coffee, watch the snow fly, and relax before the family is up and running! ............P
Thanks for the link. I'll be checking it out while I watch the Oscars tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
QOTD Sunday. my NSV is that since starting my diet 6 weeks ago, I have only woken up with a pounding headache on 2 occasions (it used to be very frequent.) On both occasions it was after I'd had chinese takeaway for dinner the night before. Now I've knocked that on the head, no headaches at all!!!
That has to be a great feeling!

Quote:
So sorry about the phone problems...hope I they are easily and quickly fixed!

Thanks!

Morning again! Power is flickering at times, probably due to heavy wet snow on the lines and limbs. Hopefully it won't go out and stay out. Still snowing, but it has slowed down. Probably got 6-8 inches of wet sticky snow. It is clinging to every branch and wire....so pretty.

Busy reading my new fave blog...so many great recipes and food ideas! BBL to chat........P
You go ahead and keep that snow up north. I'm about done with this cold weather. I want some nice 50 degree days. Those are my favorite to run in!

Quote:
Had my cook-fest today. Got 8 portions out of the crock-pot beef casserole with swede, potato, parsnip, onion and carrot in 2lbs of prime steak. Also done a 5 portion chilli, with both red kidney beans and black beans. It is all going in the freezer for week-night dinners. Tomorrow night I'm making a big bolognaise sauce with less than 5% fat minced steak, passata, onions, garlic, oregano and I usually grate in a couple of carrots for extra veg. Drooling just thinking about it...it's probably one of my favourite quick dinners. Although I did well with weight loss last week, I wasn't as organised as I like to be, and got a bit stressed out about it.

Boy, I wish you lived closer! You could come over and get me organized as well

I went to our local Indian and Continental store today and got more spices, tins of black beans, huge bunches of coriander (cilantro??) and flat leaf parsley. It came to under £4 ($6)...I love shoppping there and they are so lovely when they serve you, unlike some of the UK run shops!!!

That's a great deal!

Next I'm going to boil some baby potatoes and some eggs to go in lunchbox salad tomorrow. Feels good getting organised.

My treat later is to have a nice soak in a hot bath and read my Sunday newspaper....Hubs will be downstairs watching the rugby league on TV.
Sounds like a great way to relax.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good evening all. I am finally all caught up and feeling organized for the week. I have 3 loads of laundry done, my lunch is packed, bills are paid, and I am watching the red carpet fro the Oscars. I am so excited!

I have some things that I didn't get done at work on Friday that I will probably try to do while watching the show. I have a plan set for easing back into exercise after being off for over a week. I want to end February on a good note and really kick off the March challenge with a bang!

I'm off to get DSs to clean up a little before bed. I'll check in tomorrow!

Jill
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #498
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Did we have any Princess runners? I don't think so. I had a great time this morning following all the WISH folks and virtually cheering. Can't wait to be there next year in person.
Kind of forgot that was today! Hope it went well for everyone!

Quote:
lisah0711...I find the cod liver oil really helps. I take one 1000mg capsule each morning with my breakfast. If we go away for a few days and I forget to take them with me, I start to feel a bit creaky!!

Wonderful job getting so organized with your foods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
You go ahead and keep that snow up north. I'm about done with this cold weather. I want some nice 50 degree days. Those are my favorite to run in!

I would LOVE a 50 degree day! It would feel practically balmy! We got about 8+ inches of wet sticky snow, but we never lost power and DH was able to blow it without much trouble.

Good evening all. I am finally all caught up and feeling organized for the week. I have 3 loads of laundry done, my lunch is packed, bills are paid, and I am watching the red carpet fro the Oscars. I am so excited!

I have some things that I didn't get done at work on Friday that I will probably try to do while watching the show. I have a plan set for easing back into exercise after being off for over a week. I want to end February on a good note and really kick off the March challenge with a bang!

I'm off to get DSs to clean up a little before bed. I'll check in tomorrow!

Jill
You are so ready for a good week ahead! Enjoy the Oscars!

Evening all! This day went by so quickly! But I dug into my cookbook cupboard and got it cleaned out! I pulled out a few cookbooks and pamphlets to get rid of plus a big cookbook to give back to my Mom. I also sorted my top shelf full of Taste of Home magazine (about 10 years worth!), and will get rid of all of the ones dated before 2011 after I've skipped through them and pulled out any recipes worth keeping. I don't care for the magazine but DMIL renews it for me every year and DD enjoys reading it...but so many were up there still in their plastic wrappers!

After I sorted the magazines I went through my collection of loose recipes, sorted them into "untried-but-sounds-promising" and "tried and true". The rest went into the trash. Then I put the "untried" into page protectors and into one binder (by categories) and the "tried and true" into their own binder. I figure as I try new ones they will either go into the trash or the "tried and true" binder.

The super OCD person in me would like to retype every recipe so that they look uniform and so that I would have them all in my computer, but if I waited to do that with all my recipes, I might be waiting forever! Better to have them as organized as possible for now.

I also went through every card in my recipe box and tossed about half of them. I did keep some for purely sentimental reasons (hand written by friends and relatives who are no longer with us), but for most of them they hit the trash if they weren't something useful!

Anyhow, after all that I have about 18+ inches of free shelf space...the magazines were jammed in there and stacked horizontally across the top. And my cookbooks actually have a little wiggle room!

I'll try to get through the entire pile of magazines by next week and pull out any recipes that sound promising...the rest of the pile will go to school with me next week to share with the staff.

The spicy black bean burgers I had for dinner were good and tasty and quick. Made Parmesan garlic beef cheeseburgers for the family. Big servings of roasted broccoli to fill up the plates. I also had pickles....MMMM!

Watching Amazing Race with the family in a bit. Will head out in the morning bright and early to swim practice. I'll try to pop on when I get home, but not sure I'll have time, as DD and I want to head out for a shopping day by about 9am.

Sleep well friends! It will give your metabolism a kick start! No lights, no noise, no sleeping with the TV on! Try it! ...................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #499
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QUOTD 2/23 Sat.

What's the meaning of your DIS name?

An oldie but goodie and appropriate this week :-) Mine is for Jayne Mansfield. For those who don't know she was a 50's bombshell that sort of played second fiddle to Marilyn. I really love her because she started out with a few kids in tow when her husband was in the army to help support them and she was always working out even back then when it really wasn't very cool. She had a bunch of kids and pets and you may know her daughter Mariska Hargitay of Law and Order. Mickey Hargitay, her second husband was a champion body builder.
Mine is pretty obvious. I thought of my favorite Disney character and started to see if the name was taken .... which was of course it was. However, I have done a lot of graphic work and knew the • symbol and tada ...

When I grow up, I hope to be like Mary ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
Mine is my regular online name. It originally came from my mom calling me her night angel and my sister her day angel. My sister is a blond and I have black hair. Back in high school, I went by NightAngel99 (graduation year), but then after high school I didn't think that was cool. lol So i needed to change it but NightAngel by itself was never available. I was also a huge X-files fan, so I tried putting an X on the end and it worked! Its unique enough that I almost always get it.

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been really busy. But I have been good at exercising and counting calories.

I weighed in today! Down to 203.8!!! Wooohoo! Finally some movement! I also took measurements (i measure myself once per month) and while I won't bore you with all the measurements my waist and bust is down a full inch and a half inch off nearly everything else I measure. YaY! So excited!

Also I've been realizing some non-scale victories. When i was at 220 (and above) it was starting to get hard to put my socks and shoes on. Not too difficult, but enough to be frustrated by it. But a week or so ago I was putting on socks and shoes and realized how easy it was.

Then last year when I was doing fertility treatments often times my wedding ring was so tight it would hurt and leave red marks. I honestly thought about getting them resized bigger because I feared if I got pregnant they might have to be cut off. However now they are so big they are moving around sometimes (but they fit most of the time).

Oh and DH is down 4 lbs!!!! So we are on our way!

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend!! Keep up all the hard work. We can do it!!!
Wow ... that is great weight-loss news! Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
QOTD Saturday:

Pix13dust : I love tinker bell she's cute and very naughty!!

Hey Pamela, I think you asked about my juice fast. It's actually not fruit juices. It's mostly vegetables, most juices are: kale, spinach, parsley, cukes, and celery with an apple and strawberries to add sweetness.

I'm starting to get my husband interested in healthy eating, yay! And he's even becoming more supportive of my exercising and healthy eating. It's been a good week

I love reading all the responses to today's QOTD.

Melinda
I am so sorry to ask this ... but what is the Pix13 ...? I have all boys at home so we have never really watched any Tinkerbell shows. I see this posted all the time.

Quote:
quotd 2/24 Sunday

NSV's NSV's I am loving NSV's.

Since the start of the year what is your favorite Non Scale Victory? If you haven't had any luck yet so far then name something from your past.

For me it's less pain. The more I lose the less back pain I have...
I am going for my jeans. We have a "jean month" for a donation to a fellow teacher who lost her daughter to cancer. (So sad.) My jeans are not so snug and it feels SO good!

Susan, I can't wait to see pictures of your kittens. I am hoping you share when the time comes. And thanks for coaching this week.

I am watching the Oscars while catching up on the thread. I love watching all the dresses.

Almost done with the musical program. I am shooting for Friday! Whoo Hoo!

I spent most of the weekend sleeping. I think what I caught is a mild case of the flu. I am congested and it is now in my chest. I had a mild fever, but was SO tired. Feeling a lot better tonight, but can't shake this cough. If it is what is going around my school, the cough stays around for a few weeks ....

Have a great weight-loss week this week everyone!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #500
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This all sounds so good an healthy-- you deserved your bath.

Quote:
Kind of forgot that was today! Hope it went well for everyone!

Wonderful job getting so organized with your foods!

You are so ready for a good week ahead! Enjoy the Oscars!

Evening all! This day went by so quickly! But I dug into my cookbook cupboard and got it cleaned out! I pulled out a few cookbooks and pamphlets to get rid of plus a big cookbook to give back to my Mom. I also sorted my top shelf full of Taste of Home magazine (about 10 years worth!), and will get rid of all of the ones dated before 2011 after I've skipped through them and pulled out any recipes worth keeping. I don't care for the magazine but DMIL renews it for me every year and DD enjoys reading it...but so many were up there still in their plastic wrappers!

After I sorted the magazines I went through my collection of loose recipes, sorted them into "untried-but-sounds-promising" and "tried and true". The rest went into the trash. Then I put the "untried" into page protectors and into one binder (by categories) and the "tried and true" into their own binder. I figure as I try new ones they will either go into the trash or the "tried and true" binder.

The super OCD person in me would like to retype every recipe so that they look uniform and so that I would have them all in my computer, but if I waited to do that with all my recipes, I might be waiting forever! Better to have them as organized as possible for now.

I also went through every card in my recipe box and tossed about half of them. I did keep some for purely sentimental reasons (hand written by friends and relatives who are no longer with us), but for most of them they hit the trash if they weren't something useful!

Anyhow, after all that I have about 18+ inches of free shelf space...the magazines were jammed in there and stacked horizontally across the top. And my cookbooks actually have a little wiggle room!

I'll try to get through the entire pile of magazines by next week and pull out any recipes that sound promising...the rest of the pile will go to school with me next week to share with the staff.

The spicy black bean burgers I had for dinner were good and tasty and quick. Made Parmesan garlic beef cheeseburgers for the family. Big servings of roasted broccoli to fill up the plates. I also had pickles....MMMM!

Watching Amazing Race with the family in a bit. Will head out in the morning bright and early to swim practice. I'll try to pop on when I get home, but not sure I'll have time, as DD and I want to head out for a shopping day by about 9am.

Sleep well friends! It will give your metabolism a kick start! No lights, no noise, no sleeping with the TV on! Try it! ...................P
Sounds like you had a great day and accomplished so much...
Old 02-25-2013, 05:16 AM   #501
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Good morning Wishers. Today is Feb 25th. March is almost here, which means SPRING is around the corner.

I am trying to pull myself out of the funk I am in at the moment. Not feeling positive right now. My b-day is Wed and I will be 48. Yikes.

I need to do some organization today to get back on track. Things got away from me and did not go as planned.

So if you are like me, today is a new day and we can do it!!!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #502
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Interesting! And sounds promising but how is after you take it? I have switched to flaxseed oil from fish oil because of that nasty, nasty after taste. I just tell myself how creaky I would feel at times if I didn't keep moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Well, when I signed up I did not expect to do much posting so I wasn't very creative. My name is Jill and Bur are the 1st 3 letters of my last name. I've thought about changing it, but don't have any idea what to change it to, so it's still the same.
Glad that you are feeling better, Jill. Apparently the only way you can change your user name is to get a new one -- I have the same issue I would have used something else if I'd realized I was going to stay around forever.

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder of the importance of sleep! Sounds like you had a very productive day yesterday.

Quote:
Mine is pretty obvious. I thought of my favorite Disney character and started to see if the name was taken .... which was of course it was. However, I have done a lot of graphic work and knew the • symbol and tada ...

When I grow up, I hope to be like Mary ...
But I'm sure you are just like Mary now, Fran! Hope that cough goes away soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Good morning Wishers. Today is Feb 25th. March is almost here, which means SPRING is around the corner.

I am trying to pull myself out of the funk I am in at the moment. Not feeling positive right now. My b-day is Wed and I will be 48. Yikes.

I need to do some organization today to get back on track. Things got away from me and did not go as planned.

Happy early birthday! I've been so much happier and comfortable with myself in my late 40's and 50's so from this side of that scary number -- the water's great!

I will be updating numbers this morning when I get to my office computer so stay tuned. These are the last few days of our challenge. I know we are all looking forward to that frest start on Friday but we still have a few days in February to finish strong!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #503
lisah0711
her Disney office

Happy, happy birthday to my dear friend, mikamah! Can't wait to party with you in person for Princesspalooza 2014!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #504
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Smile

Good morning everybody! As usual, my weekend was packed from start to finish - camera class Saturday morning, dinner with BFF's Saturday night to celebrate DH's retirement/new job, and a 13 mile run on Sunday (ironically on the same day as the Princess), so I haven't checked in since Friday. Please indulge me while I catch up.

NSV-Most of the pants I bought almost 2 years ago when I started this job, no longer fit! I've been able to either buy new ones at smaller sizes, or can fit back into pants I haven't been able to get over these thighs in almost a year and a half! Whoo hoo!

DIS Name: Pluto has always been my fave Disney character and I just love, love, love dogs!

After three weeks stuck at the same darn weight , the numbers finally went down at the last weigh-in! I'm now only 6 pounds away from my goal weight that I want to hit before this summer's big trip. Keeping those fingers crossed!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #505
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby
Good morning everybody! As usual, my weekend was packed from start to finish - camera class Saturday morning, dinner with BFF's Saturday night to celebrate DH's retirement/new job, and a 13 mile run on Sunday (ironically on the same day as the Princess), so I haven't checked in since Friday. Please indulge me while I catch up.

NSV-Most of the pants I bought almost 2 years ago when I started this job, no longer fit! I've been able to either buy new ones at smaller sizes, or can fit back into pants I haven't been able to get over these thighs in almost a year and a half! Whoo hoo!

DIS Name: Pluto has always been my fave Disney character and I just love, love, love dogs!

After three weeks stuck at the same darn weight , the numbers finally went down at the last weigh-in! I'm now only 6 pounds away from my goal weight that I want to hit before this summer's big trip. Keeping those fingers crossed!
Awesome job! I'm sure you will get rid of those 6 pounds before your big trip
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #506
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post

That's right!

Meant to post quotd last night but watched the awards, then walking and talking dead (barely made it through that). I'm thinking about packing my bag and going straight to the pool after work. Haven't worked out since Wed. Have been holding though-- pretty good for me as I usually am up 2-3 pounds pre period.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #507
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday Mikamah!

QUOTD:2/25 Monday

Do you find as you're eating less your appetite gets less?

I finally kicked in as far as that goes-- I find I'm satisfied with less, only in the last week though and I started in January.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #508
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wow. Sounds like you had a busy day! Have fun shopping

Quote:

I spent most of the weekend sleeping. I think what I caught is a mild case of the flu. I am congested and it is now in my chest. I had a mild fever, but was SO tired. Feeling a lot better tonight, but can't shake this cough. If it is what is going around my school, the cough stays around for a few weeks ....

Have a great weight-loss week this week everyone!
Oh no I hope you are feeling better. I have the never ending cough. My mom has had it for about 2 weeks now. I'm hoping it goes away soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post

Yay! Way to go!

Quote:

I definitely find that I eat less. I used to always have second helpings at dinner or dessert, but now I do not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a quick check in during my lunch break. I brought a salad and fruit. I also brought my workout clothes so I can hit the gym right after work. I am planning on doing the dreaded treadmill. I need to get back to running so I can be back outside exercising if this weather ever warms up!

I have a new 6th grade student today. I will have his class at noon, but another teacher texted me to let me know he has tattoos. 6th grade. Tattoos. Unbelievable, but not suprising for the students that I teach.

Okay, I am off to work on my progress reports. Have a great day!

Jill
Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #509
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Happy birthday Mikamah!

I finally kicked in as far as that goes-- I find I'm satisfied with less, only in the last week though and I started in January.

QOTD: For sure! Now if I try to snarf down as much as I used to, I feel slow and sluggish and like a potato that's about to explode in a microwave. I'm also trying to be very conscious about eating slowly, putting my fork down in between bites, and sipping water more during a meal. It makes me crazy how fast (and loud) the DH chews his food! But after 25 years of CopLand and having to eat quickly out of necessity, I understand why he does. Hopefully now, I can break him of that habit at least!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #510
lisah0711
her Disney office

All numbers through PMs received yesterday have been updated in Post #3 but I am copying them here too for easy reference. Look at all the pretty colors!

Weight Loss Participants:
3Gsandme 30%
4HOLIDAYS 58%
50sjayne 100%
akhaloha 57%
amready2go 10%
araes2102 50%
BernardandMissBianca 88%
cclovesdis 44%
Desiree 52%
DisFam95 84%
dismagiclover 60%