Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #271
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Wishers!!!

Hey can I resend my weight? Jumped on the scale this morning with clothes and was down. (just kidding of course)

I got a lot done over the weekend. I am in "spring cleaning" mode. I have blankets, comforters, and sheets to wash today.

I had to cut back on the stretching, yes stretching. My foot hurt all weekend which is not a good sign I think? I am going to pare down the time on my stretches and then ICE it after to see if that helps.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #272
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Good Morning everyone!

Sorry that I did not get the replies finished yesterday, but I went to see Lincoln at the cinema (great film!) and then in the evening I got a surprise phone call from a very dear friend from whom I had not heard in ages. So all those great activities were taking time away from my DIS time... And then of course I had to do my plank (managed to get back to doing it for one full minute) and my 30 day shred workout. I have been doing it for one week now and can already feel some improvements, especially the crunches became much easier and yesterday was the first day when I felt like those push ups I was attempting could actually be called push ups (still the girly version though).

But I don't want to let you down, so here is the new question of the day:

QOTD: Do you plan rewards for yourself for reaching certain goals in your weight loss journey and will there be a reward for reaching your goal (besides being healthier, thinner and having accomplished your goal )?
Good morning everyone!!

Hmm, this is a good question. I haven't actually set any rewards yet. One of my goals is to run a Disney race (probably a half marathon), so I think I will make my ultimate reward a mini trip to Disney for just me and DH... maybe the Wine and Dine half. We've never been anywhere without the kids and it would probably be even more difficult to go to DISNEY without the kids, but if would be really nice to have 4-5 days just with DH.

I'll be reading everyone's responses to get some ideas for shorter term goals (I'm thinking I'll set rewards for reaching 25lbs and 50lbs).

The family and I are planning on going to Winterlude today to take advantage of the nice winter weather. Should be some fun family time. Hope you all have a great day as well! (sorry for any typos, my 4 month old is wobbling on my lap and trying to help me type!)
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #273
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:

QOTD: Do you plan rewards for yourself for reaching certain goals in your weight loss journey and will there be a reward for reaching your goal (besides being healthier, thinner and having accomplished your goal )?
Good morning everyone! I was out of the DIS loop this weekend as I had family visiting from out of town and ran my February 5k on Sunday. Dropped my mile time by 10 seconds! Yay!!!

Considering how much crap I ate this weekend (and the one and a half skinny 'ritas on Saturday ), I'm surprised when I stepped on the scale today (WW weigh-in day), I only gained 2 ounces. I so hope I'm not in that "stuck at the same darn weight again for 7 weeks" mode!

QOTD:I don't think I've ever thought about a reward. I'll have to give this some serious thought. My weight loss has always been trip motivated, i.e., I want to have lost X amount of pounds by Mexico, or by a concert, etc. This year it's that I want to be at my goal weight by the time I leave for Italy in May. Since I have 96 days until I leave, I'm really hoping these last irritating 8 pounds can be gone by then! That may not seem like a big deal BUT my losses have ALWAYS been notoriously slow (can you say avg weekly loss .3 pounds?)

Since the trip is on regardless, I guess I'll have to think of something else to consider as a reward. Suggestions?

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #274
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!

I have a vacation to Disneyland in the works. If I'm down just 17 more pounds by the end of May, I won't cancel it. I couldn't pass up the $195 round-trip tickets.

Once I meet my goal... I dunno...
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #275
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Happy Monday friends! Sorry I didn't get a chance to pop on over the last few days! Life has been both relaxing (snow days) and busy (exciting swim meets).

As I mentioned, DD made top 6 in her 200 yard freestyle at State Champs yesterday! This has been a goal of hers for 4 years of HS swim...to make a top 6 in something and stand on the blocks and get a medal! Sadly, the pictures are lousy because I was crying and couldn't see to take a decent photo!

Next weekend is Regionals for her club team and then Y New Englands in a few weeks and then the season winds down. Phew!

It took DH all afternoon on Saturday to dig out the driveway...the snowblower was causing problems and he had to keep stopping...but it got done and he pushed back the edges yesterday....just in time for more snow today!

At the auto shop today getting some much overdue maintenance done on my poor overused car!

I'm not going to go back right this minute and play catch up because it is a PITA on the iPad, but I'll answer the QOTD for now! ............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #276
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!

Never really planned any specific rewards as I was losing or for hitting goal, but I do "reward" myself with better clothes occasionally, rather than the cruddy cheap Walmart clothes I always bought when I was heavy. Honestly, the weight coming off was reward enough! ..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #277
pjlla
<><

Quote:

Question of the Day:

Are you a slow eater or a fast eater? Are you aware of how fast you eat and does the "speed of eating" have something to do with your portion sizes?
I do tend to be a fast eater, but that is something I'm aware of and I try to work on it using various methods. As far as portions go, as a general rule I weigh out my protein portion and put it on my plate and I don't go back for seconds on that...only on 0Point veggies.

Great question BTW! .........P

Old 02-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #278
pjlla
<><

Quote:

QOTD:

Let's chose a lighter topic today: Which place on earth would you love to go and visit if money and all other circumstances (health, security issues etc.) were taken care of?

The list of places I long to visit is too long to write here! Top 3 would be the Austrian Alps, Paris, and....I can't decide what number three should be! Ireland? Scotland? Sweden? Costa Rica? I want to see everything! .........P

Old 02-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #279
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

So, I am on annual leave from work this week, and DH is at work...lots of 'ME' time!!

I'm supposed to be completing my 12000 word assignment for university this week, so did 3 hours of online research this morning, getting references etc, then decided that was enough for today.

DH was able to come home for lunch today (he only works 10 mins from home by car) so I made us an omlette each with mushrooms, onions, peppers and cheese, which are all allowed on our diet plan. We followed this with a fat free yoghurt and an apple. It was nice to have something cooked insted of the usual salad/sandwich combo.

I have since made some BabyBel burgers for our evening meal , and meatballs for tomorrow evening.(extra lean minced beef - less than 5% fat in UK, mixed with a beef stock cube crumbled in, half a teaspoon of ground cumin, a teaspoon of worcestershire sauce and a pinch of chipotle chili flakes) I smiled when I got the chipotle flakes out of the cupboard as I bought them from Williams Sonoma!!!! I used 250g of the meat for 2 burgers with a BabyBel light cheese in the middle, and the other 250g of meat I added a little dried oregano before shaping into 8 reasonable sized meatballs.

I will serve the burgers with fries (well 'baked' actually - chip potatoes, par boil for 5 minutes then drain, spray with Fry Light (PAM?) and finish in the oven for 30 mins) and a big green salad. The meatballs I will dry fry, then add to homemade pasta sauce and serve with whatever pasta shapes I have to hand. Mealsfor 2 evenings sorted in about 10 minutes.

I've also planned for mexican chicken with peppers and onions served with boiled rice on Wednesday evening. I can put it on low in the oven whilst I am out at diet class. Can't believe I'm so organised.

Now, what can I do for Thursday as it's Valentines Day???
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #280
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Happy Sunday friends! Sorry I haven't been around this weekend. I'll try to catch up today, but just need to post something exciting! DD made top 6 today at State Championships! Woohhooooo! She has wanted to do this for 4 years!

BBL to chat! .......P
Aww....congrats to DD!! That's so awesome that she accomplished that goal as a senior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna
Good Morning everyone!

Sorry that I did not get the replies finished yesterday, but I went to see Lincoln at the cinema (great film!) and then in the evening I got a surprise phone call from a very dear friend from whom I had not heard in ages. So all those great activities were taking time away from my DIS time... And then of course I had to do my plank (managed to get back to doing it for one full minute) and my 30 day shred workout. I have been doing it for one week now and can already feel some improvements, especially the crunches became much easier and yesterday was the first day when I felt like those push ups I was attempting could actually be called push ups (still the girly version though).

But I don't want to let you down, so here is the new question of the day:

I used to reward myself with little things like a gift card to Disney (when I had a trip planned) or new workout clothes. But, I really don't do it now. Maybe a should start again! I need some new workout clothes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby

Good morning everyone! I was out of the DIS loop this weekend as I had family visiting from out of town and ran my February 5k on Sunday. Dropped my mile time by 10 seconds! Yay!!!

Considering how much crap I ate this weekend (and the one and a half skinny 'ritas on Saturday ), I'm surprised when I stepped on the scale today (WW weigh-in day), I only gained 2 ounces. I so hope I'm not in that "stuck at the same darn weight again for 7 weeks" mode!

QOTD:I don't think I've ever thought about a reward. I'll have to give this some serious thought. My weight loss has always been trip motivated, i.e., I want to have lost X amount of pounds by Mexico, or by a concert, etc. This year it's that I want to be at my goal weight by the time I leave for Italy in May. Since I have 96 days until I leave, I'm really hoping these last irritating 8 pounds can be gone by then! That may not seem like a big deal BUT my losses have ALWAYS been notoriously slow (can you say avg weekly loss .3 pounds?)

Since the trip is on regardless, I guess I'll have to think of something else to consider as a reward. Suggestions?
Trying to lose those last pounds is so tough. Keep it up. 0.3 pounds is better than none!! And, can you say "jealous" about your trip to Italy?!?!

------------------------------------------

Okay-I have been MIA for a couple days due to a crazy schedule & lots of stuff to do for work. And I was all ready to spend my lunch break catching up, but I have no Internet right now. So I'm just doing a quick reply on my phone & I'll check back in sometime later. Planning on spinning at 4:30 & DS drum lesson at 7:00 so I hope I have time in between to chit chat.

Have a great day!
Jill
Old 02-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #281
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

To answer the QOTD?

Nope, I do not have any rewards planned, except buying clothes & a swim suit among other things.

I think I am going to get some YOGA pants and ditch the sweats this week. I am due.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #282
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

QOTD Answers--

I hadn't thought of any rewards until yesterday.
I was running Grace in an agility trial, and as usual, there was a dog sports photographer there. He captured a picture of me and Grace running together. When I saw the picture, I had the momentary thought, "Oh my gosh--I really HAVE lost weight." Prior to that, I never saw the woman in the mirror as looking any different, even though I have lost precisely 25% of my starting weight.

I even thought, for a nanosecond, that I looked almost normal. Plus, the pic was cool: both of us were looking at precisely the same spot on the dog walk, showing the bond and teamwork between us. So, even though the digital image and the rights to it was $25, I thought, "I am going to buy this as a reward for my work." It was worth every penny. I don't have another reward in mind.

For the where would I go if $$ was no object--

I'd take a first class flight to Australia and then embark upon a world cruise (in a top notch cabin, naturally!) LOL

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #283
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

The percentages and colors in post #3 have been updated with all PMs received through yesterday. Check out the pretty colors! We are very colorful considering it is the first week. Keep up the good work!

The next update will be Monday, February 18th and include all PMs received by Sunday, February 17th.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #284
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
The percentages and colors in post #3 have been updated with all PMs received through yesterday. Check out the pretty colors! We are very colorful considering it is the first week. Keep up the good work!

The next update will be Monday, February 18th and include all PMs received by Sunday, February 17th.
Thanks Lisa for being the hostess!

Hope everyone is doing well.
I started physical therapy this morning. I am able to keep doing my mile a day and light exercise as long as I don't over do it or increase distance. So that's a relief. I feel pretty positive about it.

I walked my mile (rather than run) on Saturday since my back was hurting pretty good, but I am considering that 'good enough.'

My eating was horrid last week. Dealing with the thought of yet another injury and another trip to p-t was making me pretty cranky. But I know that I have an awesome life, and in the big scheme of things this is all very insignificant.

Hoping to be back on track this week and a better participant.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #285
Dagny
Went to the original, and now knows what the REAL castle looks like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Thanks Lisa for being the hostess!

Hope everyone is doing well.
I started physical therapy this morning. I am able to keep doing my mile a day and light exercise as long as I don't over do it or increase distance. So that's a relief. I feel pretty positive about it.

I walked my mile (rather than run) on Saturday since my back was hurting pretty good, but I am considering that 'good enough.'

My eating was horrid last week. Dealing with the thought of yet another injury and another trip to p-t was making me pretty cranky. But I know that I have an awesome life, and in the big scheme of things this is all very insignificant.

Hoping to be back on track this week and a better participant.

^ You are my hero! I got back on track today with the eating, even though exercise is pretty much a no-go for me right now.

WDW Half Marathon October 2011
WDW Marathon Relay January 2012
Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 2012
Princess Half Marathon February 2012
Dallas Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon March 2012
Expedition Everest May 2012
Wounded Warrior Half Marathon June 2012
Disneyland Half Marathon August 2012
TOT 10 Miler September 2012
Wine and Dine Half Marathon November 2012
WDW Half Marathon January 2013
WDW Marathon DNF January 2013