Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 AM   #151
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good morning. Just a short hello.

I did great at the super bowl party. Dh didn't even know I ate anything so I guess I didn't eat much. I brought some knitting to do and sat with someone who could follow the game but didn't real care much about it so at times we just chatted.

Had a physical yesterday. My weight is not where I want it but her scale was about 5 pounds higher than mine which makes sense. I was not naked and I had eaten breakfast and lunch before the visit. My numbers came back great (156 cholesterol) and my blood pressure was okay for a dr's visit. The only problem is my vitamin d is low.

Will try to get back later to answer some questions.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:17 AM   #152
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Nice job Floss! Keep it up, just like running, the soreness will subside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Good luck, I hear Jillian is tough But seriously, you can totally do it and you will look amazing for your cruise!
Thanks for the encouragement! So far it seems that today I am not as sore as I was last week. Maybe my muscles still remembered some of the moves?

Jillian certainly makes it quite clear that she wants you to be in pain! But strangely I find her rather motivating! From what I have read it seems that she is quite well known in the US? I never heard of her before, but the DVD here in Germany comes with the byline of "#1 fitness DVD in the USA".

I am actually looking forward to my workout tonight!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #153
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
This is crazy long, but I find it helpful. It's 88 snacks under 100 calories:

This list is filled with sizeable options enjoyable enough to devour guilt-free without any diet damage. And while most of these snacks pack a nutritious punch, a few are clearly set out to satisfy that sweet tooth (see #23!). But hey, at 100 calories or less, its worth the splurge.

1. Mini PB&F: One fig Newton with 1 teaspoon peanut butter.

2. Chocolate Banana: Half a frozen banana dipped in two squares of melted dark chocolate.

3. Frozen grapes (any color): 1 cup (about 28 grapes), stuck in the freezer for 2+ hours.

4. Honeyed Yogurt: ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon honey.

5. Spiced Orange: One orange about the size of a tennis ball sprinkled with cinnamon.

6. Grilled Pineapple: 2 ¼-inch thick pineapple rounds (about 1 cup), grilled (or sautéed) for two minutes or until golden.

7. Berries n Cream: 1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoons whipped topping.

8. Stuffed Figs: Two small dried figs with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ricotta stuffed inside. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

9. Oats n Berries: ⅓ cup rolled oats (cooked with water), topped with cinnamon and ¼ cup fresh berries.

10. Dark Chocolate: One block, or three squares.

11. Nut-Stuffed Date: One Medjool Date filled with one teaspoon natural unsalted almond butter.

12. Chocolate Milk: 6 ounces skim milk mixed with 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup.

13. Cinnamon Applesauce: 1 cup unsweetened applesauce. Or, try this homemade version!

14. Citrus-Berry Salad: 1 cup mixed berry salad (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries) tossed with one tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice.

15. Maple-Pumpkin Yogurt: ½ cup non-fat regular yogurt (go Greek for extra protein!) with 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon maple syrup& like this!

16. Chocolate Pudding: One 4oz package. Try a fat/sugar free version or a homemade one!

17. Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Five strawberries dipped in two squares melted dark chocolate.

18. Tropical Juice Smoothie: ¼ cup pineapple juice, orange juice, and apple juice, blended with ice.

19. Vanilla and Banana Smoothie: ½ cup sliced banana, ¼ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, and a handful of ice blended until smooth.

20. MYO Banana Chips: One sliced banana dipped in lemon juice and baked.

21. Baked Apple: One tennis ball-sized apple, cored, filled with 1 teaspoon brown sugar and cinnamon, and baked until tender.

22. Fruity Waffles: One 7-grain frozen waffle toasted and topped with ¼ cup fresh mixed berries.

23. Skinny Smore: Two graham crackers with one roasted marshmallow and one small square dark chocolate.

24. Cinnamon Graham Crackers & Peanut butter: Two graham cracker squares with 1 teaspoon peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

25. Cereal and Milk: ½ cup rice krispies with ½ cup skim milk.

26. Milk n Cookies: Five animal crackers with ½ cup skim milk.

27. Warm Spiced Cider: 6 ounces apple cider with sprinkles of cinnamon and nutmeg, warmed.

28. Citrus Sherbet: ½ cup lime sherbet (about one standard-sized ice-cream scoop) with ½ sliced kiwi.

29. Café Latte: 8 ounces steamed skim milk with 1 shot espresso.

30. Jelly Beans: 25 of em! Although we dont recommend these.

31. Marshmallow Pear: ½ pear diced and topped with 1 tablespoon marshmallow fluff.

32. Protein Shake: One scoop protein powder with 8 ounces water (choose from tasty powder flavors like cookies n cream and chocolate peanut butter!).

33. M.Y.O. Popsicle: 8 ounces lemonade frozen in an ice pop mold, or use a small paper cup as a mold.

34. Apple Chips: Munch on ¾ cup of kinds like these, or use this recipe!

35. Carrots n Hummus: About 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus.

36. Pistachios: A couple handfuls about 25 nuts (Crackin them open will take more time and avoid grabbing 25 more).

37. Cheese n Crackers: Five Kashi 7-grain crackers with 1 stick reduced-fat string cheese.

38. Dippy Egg: One over easy egg with ½ slice whole-wheat toast, sliced (to dip in yolk!).

39. Cheesy Breaded Tomatoes: Two roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

40. Curried Sweet Potato: One medium sweet potato (about 5 inches long) cooked for six minutes in the microwave and mashed with 1 teaspoon curry, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

41. Cheesy Popcorn: 2 cups air-popped popcorn with 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast itll taste like real cheese!

42. Guacamole stuffed Egg Whites: Halve a hardboiled egg, remove yolk, and stuff the empty space with 2 tablespoons guacamole (avocado, lime, cilantro and salt).

43. Grilled Spinach and Feta Polenta: 3 oz polenta (about the size of a deck of cards) cooked with 1 ½ cups water and topped with 1 teaspoon feta cheese and a handful spinach.

44. Soy Edamame: ¼ cup boiled Edamame with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.

45. Dijon Pretzels: Two pretzel rods with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.

46. Crunchy Curried Tuna Salad: ½ cup canned tuna with 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 tablespoon chopped red onion, and two ribs celery (chopped).

47. Greek Tomatoes: One tomato (about the size of a tennis ball) chopped and mixed with 1 tablespoon feta and a squeeze of lemon juice.

48. Shrimp Cocktail: Eight medium sized shrimp boiled and served with 2 tablespoons classic cocktail sauce.

49. Smoked Beef Jerky: About 1 ounce look for low sodium versions!

50. Cheddar and Tomato Soup: ½ cup tomato soup with 1 tablespoon shredded low-fat cheddar cheese.

51. Kale Chips: ½ cup raw kale stems removed baked with 1 teaspoon olive oil at 400° until crisp.

52. Sweet Potato Fries: One light-bulb sized sweet potato sliced, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and baked at 400° for 10 minutes.

53. Cucumber Sandwich: ½ English muffin with 2 tablespoons cottage cheese and three slices of cucumber.

54. Turkey Roll-Ups: Four slices smoked turkey rolled up and dipped in 2 teaspoons honey mustard.

55. Mixed Olives: About 8 olives.

56. Antipasto Plate: One Pepperocini, a ½ inch cube of cheddar cheese, one slice pepperoni, and one olive.

57. Pumpkin Seeds: 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, sprayed with oil (just a spritz!) and baked at for 400° for 15 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle with kosher salt.

58. Choco-Soy Nuts: 3 tablespoons soy nuts with 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs.

59. Wasabi Peas: About ⅓ cup of these green treats.

60. Balsamic Veggies: 3 cups raw peppers (any color!) dipped in 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction.

61. Cheesy Roasted Asparagus: Four spears (spritzed with olive-oil spray) and topped with 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, baked for 10 minutes at 400°.

62. Cucumber salad: One large cucumber (sliced) with 2 tablespoons chopped red onion and 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar.

63. Spinach and Feta Egg-White Scramble: Three egg whites scrambled and mixed with ½ cup raw spinach and 1 tbsp feta cheese. Cook in frying pan or zap in microwave until egg whites are no longer runny (about 1-2 minutes).

64. Crunchy Kale Salad: 1 cup kale leaves chopped with 1 teaspoon honey and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.

65. Chick Pea Salad: ¼ chickpeas with 1 tablespoon sliced scallions, a squeeze of lemon juice, and ¼ cup diced tomatoes.

66. Grilled Garlic Corn on the Cob: One small-sized ear brushed with 1 teaspoon sautéed minced garlic and 1 teaspoon olive oil, grilled until tender.

67. Pretzels & Cream Cheese: 15 mini pretzel sticks with 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese.

68. Bacon Brussels Salad: Seven brussel spouts thinly sliced and mixed with one piece lean bacon, chopped.

69. Rosemary Potatoes: ⅓ cup thinly sliced potato tossed with 1 teaspoons olive oil and a teaspoon of chopped rosemary.

70. Spicy Black Beans: ¼ cup black beans with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon non-fat Greek yogurt.

71. Caprese Salad: 1 ounce (hockey puck sized) of fresh mozzarella with ½ cup cherry tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.

72. Goldfish: About 40 fishies&try the cheddar kind!

73. Chips n Salsa: 10 baked tortilla chips with ¼ cup salsa.

74. Mini Ham Sandwich: Two slices honey-baked ham with 2 teaspoons honey mustard rolled in a lettuce leaf.

75. Lox Bagel: ½ whole-wheat mini bagel with two thin slices of lox.

76. Chocolate Trail Mix: Eight almonds, four chocolate chips, and 1 tablespoon raisins.

77. Apples and Cheese: 1 non-fat mozzarella cheese stick with half of a baseball-sized apple (any variety), sliced.

78. PB & Celery: 1 medium celery stalk with 1 tablespoon peanut butter.

79. Cottage Cheese Melon Boat: 1 cup melon balls with ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese.

80. Carrot and Raisin Salad: 1 cup shaved carrots with 2 tablespoons raisins and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.

81. Tropical Cottage Cheese: ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese with ½ cup fresh mango and pineapple, chopped.

82. Blue-Cheese Stuffed Apricots: Three dried apricots with 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese.

83. Rice Cake and Almond Butter: One rice cake (try brown rice!) with 2 teaspoons almond butter.

84. Sweet n Spicy Pecans: Five pecans roasted with 2 teaspoons maple syrup and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.

85. Apples n Peanut Butter: ½ an apple, sliced and dipped in 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter.

86. Chocolate Hazelnut Crackers: Four wheat thins dipped in 1 teaspoon Nutella (or other hazelnut spread).

87. Strawberry Salad: 1 cup raw spinach with ½ cup sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon balsamic.

88. Cacao-Roasted Almonds: Pop in eight almonds like these!
That is a crazy long list, but so many great suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
I am in for February. I've been absent the past week or so with work and having knee surgery. When people here this, I either get one of the following questions:
1. "Too much running?"
OR
2. "Didn't you just run a marathon?"

The answer is a qualified no to both. I completed a marathon - by walking, using lots of KT tape, and taking low doses of Tylenol. (Not diminishing my accomplishment - I'm a proud finisher - just most people I know have no concept of walking that distance.) Despite years of run/walk and physical therapy, I could never run more than a few miles. I had reconstructive knee surgery at age 13, and there was still more to fix! I'm hopeful that I will be able to actually run future races. And at the very least, look forward to less discomfort even when I'm not training.

So my goal for this month is maintaining weight. My very basic PT is not exactly burning calories. I am allowed to ride a stationary bike without resistance. Then I will graduate to more PT exercises and the elliptical. In 6 weeks I'll be allowed to start easy running.

Sorry that your knee is having so much trouble. Prayers that this surgery will fix things once and for all. But glad you are here with us working on a maintain for Feb.

Here is your QOTD for Monday, February 4, 2013:

We'll keep it light for Monday morning!

If Disney were to announce that it was going to sell a limited number of "Lifetime Passes" would you be interested in buying one? What would your price limit be? Obviously $1,000 is a steal! But would you pay $5,000? How about $10,000? Does $50,000 sound fair? (This would included unlimited park access around the world for the life of the ticket holder.)

I would buy one - but I doubt we could ever afford it. If there was some rule of thumb with the pricing, like it was the price of 5 years worth of annual passes - that might make it really enticing. But once you get above $5000 or $10,000 for sure, you'd have to have a pretty high confidence that you'd be returning to the parks every year for over 10 years.
I suppose for folks with Lisa with DVC it might be more enticing. Your DVC membership would certainly make it more likely that you would be visiting on a regular basis for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't disappeared, I was just away visiting my sister and celebrating her birthday, which included the two of us having a wonderful afternoon tea at a very nice hotel in Berlin. It was a wonderful experience, but not that calorie friendly. But I started tracking again today. And managed to get in a 5km run on Saturday.

Glad you enjoyed a special day with your sister. And you got right back on track!!

Won't try to catch up on all the QOTD, however wanted to add one thing to the one what we do for our health: I think no one so far mentioned sun screen. I have very fair skin and for several years now I have been very good to never expose my skin to the sun for longer amounts of time without putting sun screen on. My everyday moisturizer has SPF 30 even in winter and during the summer I am very diligent to put sun screen on arms and legs every day when it is sunny outside. I also get regular check ups at the dermatologist to make sure that any moles I might have are of the good variety.

I can't believe that no one mentioned it. Maybe because it is winter for most of us and we have forgotten about sunshine!

I have been doing my planks every day in February so far. And as of today I added another every day challenge for myself. I had mentioned that at the end of the January thread that I had read about the 30 Day Shred program. I did look into it and found that the first level is available on youtube. I tried it on Thursday and loved it as it was challenging and a great workout. So I ordered the DVD from Amazon to start it today. What I had not counted on was that while I got through the workout quite well, I had the most awful sore muscles for the next days! But in my mind I already had committed to starting it today. So this morning, I took my measurements, took pictures of me in the bikini that I hope to wear on my upcoming cruise and after work got my workout done. It was hard again, really hard. Now I am feeling all wobbly in all my limbs, but also fantastic. I just wonder how I am going to feel during the workout tomorrow if my muscles hurt as much as they did last Friday after my first trial. I guess I will keep all of you entertained with my stories about that project for the next 30 days!
I really need to find the post I wrote after my VERY FIRST attempt at 30 Day Shred. I think you would appreciate it! I'll try to find it and post a link here for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
I would love to! My limit would probably be $5000 because that is the most I would expect to spend on Disney park tix (we only go on vacation every other year and only once has been to Disney... though I would love to make it more!). At least with the lifetime pass I could convince DF to go to Disney more often to get our monies worth Convincing him to buy the passes would be different story... Do these passes have a payment plan Pam?

Sure! If we are living in the land of make-believe, it can have a 0% interest, no money down 100 year payment plan!!

Enjoy your scraping time! It is good to get some me time in! Self care anyone?

I'm not very good about taking "me" time other than scrapping. Didn't get much done, as I ended up picking up DD early, but it was nice to skip laundry for a day!

Also about the roof, and how it may effect your Disney plans... Keep us posted!

Will do.

Well I am at work but about to go out to a home visit so I will keep this short. Super Bowl was fun. Even though I cheered on the 49ers I am glad they aren't "my team." I would have been sooo disappointed! But it was a good game. And even though I felt like I stuffed myself, I stayed under my calorie goal Planning to do the biggest loser card workout tonight while watching last week's episode which is still on my DVR, looking forward to it! What do you think my exercises should be? I was think squats, pushups (modified), crunches, and hmm... something else...
What did you end up doing???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
This would be awesome...just not in my budget
I would like to say I would buy, but I would have to buy for my family, too, & it's just too much. For $1000 I would do it, but $5000x4? DSs are so young that I would have to buy for all. Maybe they'd have a family plan?!?! And 0% interest?!?! But it's fun to dream!

Just strictly a dreaming thing, of course. Who could buy just for themselves??

Oh no. I feel like my roof replacement last year jinxed you!!

Yup... totally your fault!!

It ended up costing us more than we had. Our insurance only paid for a little bit. We didn't want to drain all of our saving with DH being in school, so even though we didn't want to, we had to get a loan for about $4000. Our roof total was $12000. It still makes me ill. 4 companies did tell us our roof is huge, so I guess that's what we get! We replaced our full roof plus our front & back porches. Plus we had some siding added to a dormer & all new gutters. But, now we are thinking of moving. Bah!!

That is a LOT more than I was thinking! Fingers crossed that the insurance pays for SOMETHING!

At least this will make the selling of your house more enticing! I'd definitely be more interested in a house with a new roof and gutters!

How about side lunges? Or if you have free weights (or even soup cans?) maybe overhead press? Have fun!

------------------------------------------

Well, confession time. I ate too much last night. I stress ate after looking at my w2! And not because I make lots and lots working for a private school But, I am right back on track today, drank tons of water (and used the bathroom a record number of times at work lol), and did the elliptical & plank.

DH are making a list starting tonight of pros & cons of relocating. Any advice from anyone who's relocated a few states away? I'm looking for stuff we may not think of (other than costs, living expenses, schools, pets). Thanks if you do have any suggestions!

We are playing a Lego board game before DS has drums tonight. So I'm off. Have a good night & talk to you tomorrow.

Jill
Lots to think about for you right now. Try asking about relocation costs over on the Budget Board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good morning. Just a short hello.

I did great at the super bowl party. Dh didn't even know I ate anything so I guess I didn't eat much. I brought some knitting to do and sat with someone who could follow the game but didn't real care much about it so at times we just chatted.

Great way to keep you hands busy and away from the buffet line!

Had a physical yesterday. My weight is not where I want it but her scale was about 5 pounds higher than mine which makes sense. I was not naked and I had eaten breakfast and lunch before the visit. My numbers came back great (156 cholesterol) and my blood pressure was okay for a dr's visit. The only problem is my vitamin d is low.

Will try to get back later to answer some questions.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Nice job with the cholesterol! Most folks have low Vitamin D.... especially here in New England. I was taking large daily supplements for months and when I had mine tested it was on the border between low and low/normal! And this was in May, no the dead of winter! So obviously supplements are in your future! Glad you took care of yourself and took the time to get every thing checked out!

Morning friends! Time is flying by and I need to get the kids moving and get dressed for Bible study! So I'll post the QOTD and hopefully have some time later today to chat a bit more!......................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:28 AM   #154
pjlla
<><

QOTD for Tuesday February 5, 2013:

How many attempts at weight loss have you made in your adult life? Why will THIS TIME be different? What are you doing this time to be SURE that you make it to goal and maintain your loss??

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #155
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

How many attempts at weight loss have you made in your adult life? Why will THIS TIME be different? What are you doing this time to be SURE that you make it to goal and maintain your loss??
1) In college. I gained the "freshman 40". I lived on cheese fries in the dorms among other non healthy choices. So I went on a diet in my sophmore year and lost it all. I gave up sugar and junk food. Did not drink soda, had ZERO desserts for over a year, did weight training at the college gym.

2) 6yrs ago, I again gave up junk food, exercised with walking 7miles a day, and drank diet soda.

This time it is different because it is about health and not just about fitting into pants and looking good in a swimsuit, although I am going to so enjoy that too.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #156
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have made countless attempts at weight loss! I've been on Atkins, WW, The Zone, South Beach and the Dr. Phil diet (yes, Dr. Phil had a diet). The only time I was ever actually successful was actually on the Dr. Phil diet. I lost 30 pounds (which at the time seemed like a lot and now seems so small since I have so much more to lose!) and was thin and fit (DH actually thought I was too skinny... that was a first!). But of course I gained it all back because I just wasn't commited to a lifestyle change.

This time around is different but I'm not sure I can explain why. I have been 100% committed for over a month now and have not struggled once, which is unheard of for me. I just know that I can do it. I'm done having kids and it's time to start the next chapter of my life. Even though my kids are still young and I can't say it's time for "my chapter" because they still rule my life, it's time I start focusing more on me, both for my sake and for the sake of my family. I sometimes wish I had had boys because I am terrified that my girls will grow up to be like me and have major body and self esteem issues. So if I want to spare them from that then I know that I need to change myself and lead by example. Show them what proper eating and exercise looks like without obssessing over it.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #157
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:

As to how many attempts - I lost count! But this time is and has been different as I went with WW . Knowing the history of their program and how they've been around, it was an easy call. And for the first time ever, (and after more than 13 months ), I finally see results! There's been a few bumps along the way - can you say the exact same weight for 7 weeks! - but the numbers have continued to go down and now I'm 7 pounds away from the goal I set for myself last January. Since I know I have all these fellow Disney dorks behind me, those last few pounds better get ready to hit the road!

Since I know as I get older, the ability to keep those pounds off gets harder as metabolism slows, I make sure to keep my activity level as high as I can while not overdoing it and getting sick. How many people can say they ran a half marathon at 45 and plan on doing a full at 46? I've become so addicted to moving, that I feel like a beached whale if I'm not doing something, even if it's just a walk at lunchtime. And that is NOT a happy feeling!! So in honor of Dori , I just keep running, just keep running, just keep running, running, running...

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #158
pjlla
<><

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....llian+michaels

Okay.... that is a link to what I posted after attempting Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred for the first time! I think you might get a chuckle out of it! ...........P

Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #159
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Difficult to count. I would say three - and this is either continuing number 3 or a new number 4, difficult to say.

What is different? I know I am a stress eater and I think I have finally come to a point in my life where I have decided that I won't let stress dictate my weight. I am actually at the moment in a situation at work that in the past would have caused me to comfort eat. I don't let that happen. Part of that is certainly that I found out as I have become older that I learned a lot about myself, but part is also that I have over the last 15 years become a much more active person.

I hated sports as a kid and teenager and only really started moving in college. Not because I enjoyed it, but because I had a few really thin friends who were very sporty and they helped me to loose weight for the first time by dragging me to fitness classes. Since then I had periods of time with lots of activity as well as times when I could not be bothered to do anything. Over the recent years I really have been able to keep a much more constant level of physical activity and I have grown to really enjoy it. I no longer go out for a run because I know I have to do it, but because I have fun running. I NEVER imagined I could ever say that!! But I do.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Old 02-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #160
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since I know as I get older, the ability to keep those pounds off gets harder as metabolism slows, I make sure to keep my activity level as high as I can while not overdoing it and getting sick. How many people can say they ran a half marathon at 45 and plan on doing a full at 46? I've become so addicted to moving, that I feel like a beached whale if I'm not doing something, even if it's just a walk at lunchtime. And that is NOT a happy feeling!! So in honor of Dori , I just keep running, just keep running, just keep running, running, running...
I like your Dori motto! And congratulations on the half marathon!! I am full of respect for you trying to takle the full!

Quote:

Okay.... that is a link to what I posted after attempting Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred for the first time! I think you might get a chuckle out of it! ...........P
You are a great writer!!! That was very funny. The programm really drains all energy from your muscles. I kept feeling wobbly for hours after I had finished it. No wonder you had problems with the shower!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #161
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
1) In college. I gained the "freshman 40". I lived on cheese fries in the dorms among other non healthy choices. So I went on a diet in my sophmore year and lost it all. I gave up sugar and junk food. Did not drink soda, had ZERO desserts for over a year, did weight training at the college gym.

2) 6yrs ago, I again gave up junk food, exercised with walking 7miles a day, and drank diet soda.

This time it is different because it is about health and not just about fitting into pants and looking good in a swimsuit, although I am going to so enjoy that too.
College is SUCH a minefield of bad eating! I am truly worried about DD. I know that she know the RIGHT way to eat and will be exercising as long as she is swimming, but there is SO MUCH TEMPTATION at every turn!

Sometimes it takes time and perspective to realize that this is about so much more than just looking good in a swimsuit.... although that is a great motivator too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
I have made countless attempts at weight loss! I've been on Atkins, WW, The Zone, South Beach and the Dr. Phil diet (yes, Dr. Phil had a diet). The only time I was ever actually successful was actually on the Dr. Phil diet. I lost 30 pounds (which at the time seemed like a lot and now seems so small since I have so much more to lose!) and was thin and fit (DH actually thought I was too skinny... that was a first!). But of course I gained it all back because I just wasn't commited to a lifestyle change.

You said the KEY WORDS, right there!

This time around is different but I'm not sure I can explain why. I have been 100% committed for over a month now and have not struggled once, which is unheard of for me. I just know that I can do it. I'm done having kids and it's time to start the next chapter of my life. Even though my kids are still young and I can't say it's time for "my chapter" because they still rule my life, it's time I start focusing more on me, both for my sake and for the sake of my family. I sometimes wish I had had boys because I am terrified that my girls will grow up to be like me and have major body and self esteem issues. So if I want to spare them from that then I know that I need to change myself and lead by example. Show them what proper eating and exercise looks like without obssessing over it.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!
Boys can have body issues/self-esteem issues too. No one is immune. Setting an example for our kids is SO SUPER important.... in EVERYTHING WE DO!! As my kids get older, I realize what a BAD example I have set in many things! I don't always take out my contacts and clean them... I frequently sleep in them. But now DD has contacts and I realize what a bad example I've always set! I also tend to be a distracted driver at times (phone calls, GSP, etc) and obviously I don't want my kids to follow suit!!

It is hard to realize when your kids are babies, toddlers, teens... that they are watching EVERYTHING YOU DO! And they MAY follow in your footsteps, whether you like it or not!

Setting a great eating/exercise example for them is such a great thing to do!

Quote:
As to how many attempts - I lost count! But this time is and has been different as I went with WW . Knowing the history of their program and how they've been around, it was an easy call. And for the first time ever, (and after more than 13 months ), I finally see results! There's been a few bumps along the way - can you say the exact same weight for 7 weeks! - but the numbers have continued to go down and now I'm 7 pounds away from the goal I set for myself last January. Since I know I have all these fellow Disney dorks behind me, those last few pounds better get ready to hit the road!

Wow! You've really made great progress. And I'm not "selling" anything here, but don't you LOVE the WW program?? Do you know it was voted the #1 weight loss program in the country again?? I GET that it isn't for everyone, but I love it!

Amazing example YOU are setting in being so active at 45! Not that that is old!! You are in the PRIME of life right now!

Okay friends! I forgot my cell phone and my apple on the counter at home, so I decided to not worry about being late to Bible study and run home and get them after I dropped off the kiddos. So while I was here I decided to take another few minutes to chat with you all! If I'm gonna be late, might as well be REALLY late!

Wearing my new grey cashmere sweater today with a new scarf I picked up for cheap at Old Navy! I love having new clothes that make me feel so good... and comfy to boot!

I'll answer my own QOTD before I leave..........P

Old 02-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #162
pjlla
<><

Quote:

TOO MANY TO COUNT! I made my first attempt at WW at about age 13!! I know that I lost some weight the summer between 9th and 10th grade and was a really nice size throughout high school (although I didn't think so then). Gained and lost throughout college. Hit the 160's in my early 20's and then the 170's when dating DH. Lost the weight (through my own modified WW program) before I got married and was about 140 on my wedding day. And then promptly gained back every ounce after the honeymoon!

After 2 newlywed years of being fat and gaining more weight, I finally officially went back to WW and got down to the mid 150's in about 1994. But then we built our house and there was no more time or $$ for WW. I went off program and gained some of it back... and then got pregnant with DD and BLEW UP!!

Lost some of it when DD was about 1 through Jenny Craig (had a friend who was working for them and she sold me their food on the side). Wasn't at my goal, but definitely felt better about myself. But again, promptly put it all back on when I stopped eating their food.... and then got pregnant with DS.

After DS I hit my all-time-adult-high-nonpregnant-weight... and returned to WW weighing 219 in about 2000.... lost a bit and stopped going AGAIN!!

Returned to WW yet again in 2003 in anticipation of a WDW trip (didn't want another album full of "fat" pictures). Lost about 40 pounds over the course of a year and got into the 170's, felt pretty good about myself at WDW, stopped WW and gained back about half over the next year!!!

RE-re-re-re-started this journey with Weight Watchers on 01/02/2008 for yet another WDW trip... and HAVE NOT STOPPED!! I FINALLY got the message! This is NOT a temporary visit.... it is a LIFETIME JOURNEY into healthy eating!! Not sure exactly WHY it clicked this time, but am SO GLAD IT DID!! IT was worth it! Sure, I wish I had made the connection earlier in my life, but better now than never!

Of course, I mention Weight Watchers a lot.... those were most of my MAJOR attempts at weight loss. But I have lost track of all of the times I tried Atkins, cabbage soup diet, Slimfast, and a few of my own crazy diet concoctions (anyone want to hear about my Survivor diet?? ) Most of those attempts only lasted a few days or weeks... and none kept the weight off for any length of time. Wonder why??..........................P

Last edited by pjlla; 02-05-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #163
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla

This is my first attempt. I used to be content with the way that I looked because "at least I wasn't as big as my sister." I think moving away was what kicked my butt into losing weight.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #164
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Great review!!!!
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #165
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

How is everyone? I have been dealing with a major back flareup and it is unfun. It started after the run (mildly) on Saturday but was made worse by shopping for a new sofa. I guess trying out all those sofas on Saturday and Sunday was like doing a bunch of squats. Anyhow, this is getting ridiculous and I have been dealing with this for waaaaaaay longer than I should have, so I finally made an appointment with my doctor to see what she thinks. Thought about just going back to the physical therapist, but I think there might be some underlying cause that is being missed. Mike and I were supposed to start a TRX class at the Y tomorrow night and the cool thing--we were the only one's signed up so it would have been lots of individual attention. Oh well. They are being very kind and refunding our money. I still would love to take the class, but need to find out what' up first.

So forgive my absence. Trying to be positive, but I feel like it is a continuous battle to stay uninjured. And it's tiring. It could always be worse, but it is frustrating.

As for the QOTD--I feel like I have been trying to lose weight my entire life sometimes. I had a mom who told me I was "big" all of the time, so even when I was a very healthy size 8 in high school (and this is when an 8 was much smaller than it is now), I always thought I was fat. So I tried and "failed" and gained and lost too many times to count. At my highest I was in the 190s, probably pushing 200. Conveniently we didn't have a scale that worked well at the time.

This time I am catching it early--and I am still in a healthy range--but I am having trouble with motivation. And--this might sound funny, but I feel like I want to fail on some level because I am feeling so bad about everything right now. DS graduates from college in May and we will see so many people we haven't seen in years, and I feel like I am sabotaging myself at every turn so that I will look bad, since I am already not feeling good about things right now. Does that make any sense at all? Anyhow, throwing it all out there in hopes that it is the kick in the pants that I need to not let this latest injury setback really throw me off my game.

I am headed to the gym for an easy workout. Sometimes moving a bit makes it feel better.

Have a good Tuesday!

LTS--I think you asked about Domino's g-f pizza. When it first came out I was excited. I think one of the celiac foundations was supporting it. But then I found out the majority of the stores are doing nothing to avoid cross contamination--so no, I never even tried it. If I am going to get glutened, I would rather it be by choice. I think it got good reviews, if I remember correctly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: