Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #136
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Good morning friends! Everybody up and ready to roll?

Here is your QOTD for Monday, February 4, 2013:

We'll keep it light for Monday morning!

If Disney were to announce that it was going to sell a limited number of "Lifetime Passes" would you be interested in buying one? What would your price limit be? Obviously $1,000 is a steal! But would you pay $5,000? How about $10,000? Does $50,000 sound fair? (This would included unlimited park access around the world for the life of the ticket holder.)

Have a Magical day! ............P
Hi everybody! Back from a quickie trip to the Mouse and had a great time! Checked out the new Fantasyland for about half an hour before I hit my "kid overload" limit and had to get the heck out of dodge. You would not believe the line at 11 in the morning of people waiting to get into Be Our Guest Restaurant. Had to have been about 300 deep!

Anyway, got in a great 6 mile run on the West Orange Trail - a paved running/bike path that stretches about 20+ miles in the Winter Garden/Oakland area. Temps were in the low 60's, the sun was shining, and the path wasn't crowded. What a perfect run! But yesterday when we got home, I tweaked my knee bad . Now I'm freaking out as I have another race this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed it passes quick!

The healthy eating went right out the window (as it always does in the land of the Mouse). Just have to love those cream cheese pretzels in America and the chips and margaritas in Mexico!

QOTD: Yes! I would definitely buy a lifetime pass and I think my limit would be $5,000. And that better include a whole lotta goodies!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #137
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Good morning all!

Remember no matter what happened with your eating yesterday, today is that great, big beautiful tomorrow and a chance to start anew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Had a pleasant surprise on the scale today (my official weigh in day) as it showed a 3 lb loss for the week Not sure why since it has been a struggle the past few weeks to even get 1, maybe 2, lbs off each week. But I am happy!
Congrats on the loss! You are off to a great start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
On another subject altogether, just had a yummy stew for tea that I thought some of you might be interested in.

Take 1 lb of casserole beef (in chunks) and throw in the crockpot with 3 large carrots, 1 large onion and one large potato, all chopped into cubes. add 2 cloves of garlic (whole), 1pt of passata and 1 pint of water, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp dried oregano, 1 stick of cinnamon and 2 beef stock cubes crumbled. Turn on crockpot and ignore for 7 - 9 hours. Half an hour before you want to eat, add 7 - 8oz of orzo pasta and stir in. Check in 20 mins to see if you need more water (add boiling from kettle if you need to). You should now have a lovely thick stew that you can either eat on it's own, or serve with a variety of fresh veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower and courgettes steamed.

Hope anyone who tries this enjoys it as much as OH and I just did!!!
Thanks for sharing the recipe. Please cut and paste it into our recipe thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
I also spent some time today researching new jobs & locations. There's a teacher job fair in March near me that I may attend. Most of the schools are out of state which is fine by me. As long as DH can find a job, too, we may be moving. I'm in PA now but work for a private alternative school & there's no public school jobs around here. I think I need to be done with alternative ed after 12 years. So I'm looking in VA, MD, and FL. I'm going to show DH the list & tell him to start looking for himself.

Well, now that I've rambled on about myself, I'm going to go clean up a bit & do my plank for the day. Have a great night & go 49ers

Jill
A move and a new job sounds exciting, Jill! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
In honor of the Super Bowl, we are trying out some new recipes. Here's a brownie recipe we made that was very delish:

Cake Mix + Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
PER SERVING (1 piece, 1/12th of cake): 180 calories, 3.25g fat, 306mg sodium, 34.5g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 20g sugars, 3.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*

Ingredients:
1 box moist-style cake mix (15.25 - 18.25 oz.)
1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt (like Fage Total 0%)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine cake mix with yogurt in a large bowl and add 1 cup water. Whisk thoroughly and transfer to a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray; bake in the oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. (Refer to cake-mix box for pan size and approximate bake time.)

I used, Ghiradelli brownie mix and honey flavored Greek yogurt. I also only used about 1/2 cup of water instead of a full cup. Brownies were fabulous and about 120 calories per two inch square.

We had dessert first as the main meal is still cooking in the crockpot ( aBBQ pulled chicken ). I also have TONS of veggies roasting to eat throughout the week!
GO J.E.T.S !

-Melinda
Melinda, thanks for sharing another great recipe! I might actually be able to tolerate greek yogurt if it was inside a brownie. This recipe needs to go in our thread, too, please. Thanks for the WW points value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Lol game on sistah!!! You better watch out. I have the planking master in my corner, coach makes the boys do them all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
A little friendly competition going on I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Hope everyone is having a great Super Bowl Sunday!

I am having a major back flareup (just about as bad as after the marathon) so I have been a little frazzled. It started yesterday afternoon and so far none of my "tricks" to fix it are helping. Hopefully it will calm down soon.

Hope to be back in good shape tomorrow and in a more positive posting motivating mood!
Hope your back feels better soon!

Quote:

If Disney were to announce that it was going to sell a limited number of "Lifetime Passes" would you be interested in buying one? What would your price limit be? Obviously $1,000 is a steal! But would you pay $5,000? How about $10,000? Does $50,000 sound fair? (This would included unlimited park access around the world for the life of the ticket holder.)

Interesting question, Pamela! I have something along these lines that lets me stay in wonderful Disney hotels or cruise the Med with the mouse . . . it's called DVC. I love my DVC. The issue for going as much as I want isn't so much the cost of the park pass but the transportation costs and that pesky thing called work.

Quote:
HA! My Sunday plank was 1:20! That being said, this morning's was only 1:10. I was still breathing heavy from TM time...but I know....NO excuses. ....P
You guys are going to be up to 5 minutes by the time the month is over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Hi everybody! Back from a quickie trip to the Mouse and had a great time! Checked out the new Fantasyland for about half an hour before I hit my "kid overload" limit and had to get the heck out of dodge. You would not believe the line at 11 in the morning of people waiting to get into Be Our Guest Restaurant. Had to have been about 300 deep!

Anyway, got in a great 6 mile run on the West Orange Trail - a paved running/bike path that stretches about 20+ miles in the Winter Garden/Oakland area. Temps were in the low 60's, the sun was shining, and the path wasn't crowded. What a perfect run! But yesterday when we got home, I tweaked my knee bad . Now I'm freaking out as I have another race this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed it passes quick!

The healthy eating went right out the window (as it always does in the land of the Mouse). Just have to love those cream cheese pretzels in America and the chips and margaritas in Mexico!

QOTD: Yes! I would definitely buy a lifetime pass and I think my limit would be $5,000. And that better include a whole lotta goodies!
Glad you had a great time, Kim! Bummer about the knee. Here's a little for a speedy recovery. Some ice might not hurt either.

It's another busy week here! Please PM your starting weights, if you haven't done so already!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #138
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:

I am having a major back flareup (just about as bad as after the marathon) so I have been a little frazzled. It started yesterday afternoon and so far none of my "tricks" to fix it are helping. Hopefully it will calm down soon.

Hope to be back in good shape tomorrow and in a more positive posting motivating mood!
Yikes! Take care of that back today! Maybe alternate ice and heat? Some extra light stretches?

Quote:

YIKES! Can't imagine what it will look like in a few weeks during February school vacation!

What was your take on the new Fantasyland??

Hope the knee heals quickly!

Yum and double yum! I've never tried any of that, but it all sounds like stuff I would love!

Nope.... no other goodies other than lifetime admission to all and every Disney park around the world.

Home again, finally! Dropped the kids at school and got halfway home before I got a call that DS forgot his gym clothes... and not in the car! He left them on the dining room table! So I had to go all the way home and all the way back to his school before 9am. I'm frustrated but he doesn't forget stuff often, so I won't give him a hard time about it.

Ended up eating instant oatmeal for breakfast. Not really my choice, but I was starving and needed something to grab quickly on my way back to the school. Hard to eat oatmeal and drive, but I did it! It was reasonably healthy flaxseed/maple nut oatmeal and tasty enough, but just not my first choice.

So no work for me today. That's okay because I have stuff to do here, but the $$ would be nice..... especially since we are DEFINITELY going to be getting a new roof within the next few weeks/months (depending on the weather). Not sure yet if insurance will cover any of it, but the roof is too far gone to repair properly apparently. Not sure where that $$ will be coming from.... possibly my Disney vacation stash! Makes me a little ill.

I've done an hour on the TM, a good stretch, and my plank for the day so far. I will do just a few minutes with my free weights upstairs and then hit the shower and then the scrapbook table! Enough is enough. I am TIRED of doing laundry, dishes, making beds, etc. I am going to IGNORE it all and scrap today!

TTYL...........................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #139
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Good morning all!

Remember no matter what happened with your eating yesterday, today is that great, big beautiful tomorrow and a chance to start anew!

Great reminder that today is a chance at a fresh start!

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Please cut and paste it into our recipe thread.

Yup.... our recipe thread is pretty quiet these days! It could use some new stuff!

Melinda, thanks for sharing another great recipe! I might actually be able to tolerate greek yogurt if it was inside a brownie. This recipe needs to go in our thread, too, please. Thanks for the WW points value.

The Points values are SO helpful!

A little friendly competition going on I see.

Just to keep things interesting!

Interesting question, Pamela! I have something along these lines that lets me stay in wonderful Disney hotels or cruise the Med with the mouse . . . it's called DVC. I love my DVC. The issue for going as much as I want isn't so much the cost of the park pass but the transportation costs and that pesky thing called work.

Wow! If you had DVC and the lifetime pass, you'd be all set.... as long as you could RETIRE!!

You guys are going to be up to 5 minutes by the time the month is over!

Well.... I highly doubt that (at least for myself), but I'd love to be up to 2 minutes without feeling like I'm about to die!

It's another busy week here! Please PM your starting weights, if you haven't done so already!
Thanks for keeping us on track! Enjoy your busy week! Be sure to take time for YOU!! ..................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #140
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

This is crazy long, but I find it helpful. It's 88 snacks under 100 calories:

This list is filled with sizeable options enjoyable enough to devour guilt-free without any diet damage. And while most of these snacks pack a nutritious punch, a few are clearly set out to satisfy that sweet tooth (see #23!). But hey, at 100 calories or less, its worth the splurge.

1. Mini PB&F: One fig Newton with 1 teaspoon peanut butter.

2. Chocolate Banana: Half a frozen banana dipped in two squares of melted dark chocolate.

3. Frozen grapes (any color): 1 cup (about 28 grapes), stuck in the freezer for 2+ hours.

4. Honeyed Yogurt: ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon honey.

5. Spiced Orange: One orange about the size of a tennis ball sprinkled with cinnamon.

6. Grilled Pineapple: 2 ¼-inch thick pineapple rounds (about 1 cup), grilled (or sautéed) for two minutes or until golden.

7. Berries n Cream: 1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoons whipped topping.

8. Stuffed Figs: Two small dried figs with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat ricotta stuffed inside. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

9. Oats n Berries: ⅓ cup rolled oats (cooked with water), topped with cinnamon and ¼ cup fresh berries.

10. Dark Chocolate: One block, or three squares.

11. Nut-Stuffed Date: One Medjool Date filled with one teaspoon natural unsalted almond butter.

12. Chocolate Milk: 6 ounces skim milk mixed with 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup.

13. Cinnamon Applesauce: 1 cup unsweetened applesauce. Or, try this homemade version!

14. Citrus-Berry Salad: 1 cup mixed berry salad (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries) tossed with one tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice.

15. Maple-Pumpkin Yogurt: ½ cup non-fat regular yogurt (go Greek for extra protein!) with 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon maple syrup& like this!

16. Chocolate Pudding: One 4oz package. Try a fat/sugar free version or a homemade one!

17. Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Five strawberries dipped in two squares melted dark chocolate.

18. Tropical Juice Smoothie: ¼ cup pineapple juice, orange juice, and apple juice, blended with ice.

19. Vanilla and Banana Smoothie: ½ cup sliced banana, ¼ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, and a handful of ice blended until smooth.

20. MYO Banana Chips: One sliced banana dipped in lemon juice and baked.

21. Baked Apple: One tennis ball-sized apple, cored, filled with 1 teaspoon brown sugar and cinnamon, and baked until tender.

22. Fruity Waffles: One 7-grain frozen waffle toasted and topped with ¼ cup fresh mixed berries.

23. Skinny Smore: Two graham crackers with one roasted marshmallow and one small square dark chocolate.

24. Cinnamon Graham Crackers & Peanut butter: Two graham cracker squares with 1 teaspoon peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

25. Cereal and Milk: ½ cup rice krispies with ½ cup skim milk.

26. Milk n Cookies: Five animal crackers with ½ cup skim milk.

27. Warm Spiced Cider: 6 ounces apple cider with sprinkles of cinnamon and nutmeg, warmed.

28. Citrus Sherbet: ½ cup lime sherbet (about one standard-sized ice-cream scoop) with ½ sliced kiwi.

29. Café Latte: 8 ounces steamed skim milk with 1 shot espresso.

30. Jelly Beans: 25 of em! Although we dont recommend these.

31. Marshmallow Pear: ½ pear diced and topped with 1 tablespoon marshmallow fluff.

32. Protein Shake: One scoop protein powder with 8 ounces water (choose from tasty powder flavors like cookies n cream and chocolate peanut butter!).

33. M.Y.O. Popsicle: 8 ounces lemonade frozen in an ice pop mold, or use a small paper cup as a mold.

34. Apple Chips: Munch on ¾ cup of kinds like these, or use this recipe!

35. Carrots n Hummus: About 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus.

36. Pistachios: A couple handfuls about 25 nuts (Crackin them open will take more time and avoid grabbing 25 more).

37. Cheese n Crackers: Five Kashi 7-grain crackers with 1 stick reduced-fat string cheese.

38. Dippy Egg: One over easy egg with ½ slice whole-wheat toast, sliced (to dip in yolk!).

39. Cheesy Breaded Tomatoes: Two roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

40. Curried Sweet Potato: One medium sweet potato (about 5 inches long) cooked for six minutes in the microwave and mashed with 1 teaspoon curry, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

41. Cheesy Popcorn: 2 cups air-popped popcorn with 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast itll taste like real cheese!

42. Guacamole stuffed Egg Whites: Halve a hardboiled egg, remove yolk, and stuff the empty space with 2 tablespoons guacamole (avocado, lime, cilantro and salt).

43. Grilled Spinach and Feta Polenta: 3 oz polenta (about the size of a deck of cards) cooked with 1 ½ cups water and topped with 1 teaspoon feta cheese and a handful spinach.

44. Soy Edamame: ¼ cup boiled Edamame with 1 teaspoon soy sauce.

45. Dijon Pretzels: Two pretzel rods with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.

46. Crunchy Curried Tuna Salad: ½ cup canned tuna with 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 tablespoon chopped red onion, and two ribs celery (chopped).

47. Greek Tomatoes: One tomato (about the size of a tennis ball) chopped and mixed with 1 tablespoon feta and a squeeze of lemon juice.

48. Shrimp Cocktail: Eight medium sized shrimp boiled and served with 2 tablespoons classic cocktail sauce.

49. Smoked Beef Jerky: About 1 ounce look for low sodium versions!

50. Cheddar and Tomato Soup: ½ cup tomato soup with 1 tablespoon shredded low-fat cheddar cheese.

51. Kale Chips: ½ cup raw kale stems removed baked with 1 teaspoon olive oil at 400° until crisp.

52. Sweet Potato Fries: One light-bulb sized sweet potato sliced, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and baked at 400° for 10 minutes.

53. Cucumber Sandwich: ½ English muffin with 2 tablespoons cottage cheese and three slices of cucumber.

54. Turkey Roll-Ups: Four slices smoked turkey rolled up and dipped in 2 teaspoons honey mustard.

55. Mixed Olives: About 8 olives.

56. Antipasto Plate: One Pepperocini, a ½ inch cube of cheddar cheese, one slice pepperoni, and one olive.

57. Pumpkin Seeds: 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, sprayed with oil (just a spritz!) and baked at for 400° for 15 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle with kosher salt.

58. Choco-Soy Nuts: 3 tablespoons soy nuts with 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs.

59. Wasabi Peas: About ⅓ cup of these green treats.

60. Balsamic Veggies: 3 cups raw peppers (any color!) dipped in 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction.

61. Cheesy Roasted Asparagus: Four spears (spritzed with olive-oil spray) and topped with 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, baked for 10 minutes at 400°.

62. Cucumber salad: One large cucumber (sliced) with 2 tablespoons chopped red onion and 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar.

63. Spinach and Feta Egg-White Scramble: Three egg whites scrambled and mixed with ½ cup raw spinach and 1 tbsp feta cheese. Cook in frying pan or zap in microwave until egg whites are no longer runny (about 1-2 minutes).

64. Crunchy Kale Salad: 1 cup kale leaves chopped with 1 teaspoon honey and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.

65. Chick Pea Salad: ¼ chickpeas with 1 tablespoon sliced scallions, a squeeze of lemon juice, and ¼ cup diced tomatoes.

66. Grilled Garlic Corn on the Cob: One small-sized ear brushed with 1 teaspoon sautéed minced garlic and 1 teaspoon olive oil, grilled until tender.

67. Pretzels & Cream Cheese: 15 mini pretzel sticks with 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese.

68. Bacon Brussels Salad: Seven brussel spouts thinly sliced and mixed with one piece lean bacon, chopped.

69. Rosemary Potatoes: ⅓ cup thinly sliced potato tossed with 1 teaspoons olive oil and a teaspoon of chopped rosemary.

70. Spicy Black Beans: ¼ cup black beans with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon non-fat Greek yogurt.

71. Caprese Salad: 1 ounce (hockey puck sized) of fresh mozzarella with ½ cup cherry tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar.

72. Goldfish: About 40 fishies&try the cheddar kind!

73. Chips n Salsa: 10 baked tortilla chips with ¼ cup salsa.

74. Mini Ham Sandwich: Two slices honey-baked ham with 2 teaspoons honey mustard rolled in a lettuce leaf.

75. Lox Bagel: ½ whole-wheat mini bagel with two thin slices of lox.

76. Chocolate Trail Mix: Eight almonds, four chocolate chips, and 1 tablespoon raisins.

77. Apples and Cheese: 1 non-fat mozzarella cheese stick with half of a baseball-sized apple (any variety), sliced.

78. PB & Celery: 1 medium celery stalk with 1 tablespoon peanut butter.

79. Cottage Cheese Melon Boat: 1 cup melon balls with ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese.

80. Carrot and Raisin Salad: 1 cup shaved carrots with 2 tablespoons raisins and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.

81. Tropical Cottage Cheese: ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese with ½ cup fresh mango and pineapple, chopped.

82. Blue-Cheese Stuffed Apricots: Three dried apricots with 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese.

83. Rice Cake and Almond Butter: One rice cake (try brown rice!) with 2 teaspoons almond butter.

84. Sweet n Spicy Pecans: Five pecans roasted with 2 teaspoons maple syrup and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.

85. Apples n Peanut Butter: ½ an apple, sliced and dipped in 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter.

86. Chocolate Hazelnut Crackers: Four wheat thins dipped in 1 teaspoon Nutella (or other hazelnut spread).

87. Strawberry Salad: 1 cup raw spinach with ½ cup sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon balsamic.

88. Cacao-Roasted Almonds: Pop in eight almonds like these!
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #141
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

I am in for February. I've been absent the past week or so with work and having knee surgery. When people here this, I either get one of the following questions:
1. "Too much running?"
OR
2. "Didn't you just run a marathon?"

The answer is a qualified no to both. I completed a marathon - by walking, using lots of KT tape, and taking low doses of Tylenol. (Not diminishing my accomplishment - I'm a proud finisher - just most people I know have no concept of walking that distance.) Despite years of run/walk and physical therapy, I could never run more than a few miles. I had reconstructive knee surgery at age 13, and there was still more to fix! I'm hopeful that I will be able to actually run future races. And at the very least, look forward to less discomfort even when I'm not training.

So my goal for this month is maintaining weight. My very basic PT is not exactly burning calories. I am allowed to ride a stationary bike without resistance. Then I will graduate to more PT exercises and the elliptical. In 6 weeks I'll be allowed to start easy running.

I would buy one - but I doubt we could ever afford it. If there was some rule of thumb with the pricing, like it was the price of 5 years worth of annual passes - that might make it really enticing. But once you get above $5000 or $10,000 for sure, you'd have to have a pretty high confidence that you'd be returning to the parks every year for over 10 years.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #142
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Mine's been buggin' me too. It's not too bad though. think I'm going to call in the heating pad.
I hope you're both feeling better today!

Quote:

I don't think I would buy a lifetime pass. We go every 1-2 years and love Disney, but when the kids get older we'll want to visit other places and I wouldn't want to feel tied down to Disney World to make up for paying for my lifetime pass!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #143
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
This is crazy long, but I find it helpful. It's 88 snacks under 100 calories:

This list is filled with sizeable options enjoyable enough to devour guilt-free without any diet damage. And while most of these snacks pack a nutritious punch, a few are clearly set out to satisfy that sweet tooth (see #23!). But hey, at 100 calories or less, its worth the splurge.
Thanks for the list. I'm a huge pumpkin fan so I'll definitely be trying to pumpkin yogurt one
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #144
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I simply couldn't afford it. I'm fifty this year, we only make it to Florida every 3-4 years these days, so I don't think I'd get enough use out of it for the price they would inevitably charge.

For those of you who asked about my earlier recipe.......Passata is sieved tomatoes and courgette is zuccini...hope this helps. Would love to cut and paste it to the recipe board, but I don't know where or how!!!

E

Last edited by Eliza32; 02-04-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #145
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La

I think I would put away for it. Granted, I'm only 23 at the moment and have a lot of life ahead of me. That being said, it depends on what would come with it. Discount hotel rooms? Discount dining plans? The real killer with Disney isn't the cost of the tickets, but the hotels and food.

That being said, I do love Disney, but I dunno how often I'll go once my grandma can't go with me. It's turned into "our thing" that we go every year and a half. I dunno how I'd feel going without her.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #146
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I haven't disappeared, I was just away visiting my sister and celebrating her birthday, which included the two of us having a wonderful afternoon tea at a very nice hotel in Berlin. It was a wonderful experience, but not that calorie friendly. But I started tracking again today. And managed to get in a 5km run on Saturday.

Won't try to catch up on all the QOTD, however wanted to add one thing to the one what we do for our health: I think no one so far mentioned sun screen. I have very fair skin and for several years now I have been very good to never expose my skin to the sun for longer amounts of time without putting sun screen on. My everyday moisturizer has SPF 30 even in winter and during the summer I am very diligent to put sun screen on arms and legs every day when it is sunny outside. I also get regular check ups at the dermatologist to make sure that any moles I might have are of the good variety.

I have been doing my planks every day in February so far. And as of today I added another every day challenge for myself. I had mentioned that at the end of the January thread that I had read about the 30 Day Shred program. I did look into it and found that the first level is available on youtube. I tried it on Thursday and loved it as it was challenging and a great workout. So I ordered the DVD from Amazon to start it today. What I had not counted on was that while I got through the workout quite well, I had the most awful sore muscles for the next days! But in my mind I already had committed to starting it today. So this morning, I took my measurements, took pictures of me in the bikini that I hope to wear on my upcoming cruise and after work got my workout done. It was hard again, really hard. Now I am feeling all wobbly in all my limbs, but also fantastic. I just wonder how I am going to feel during the workout tomorrow if my muscles hurt as much as they did last Friday after my first trial. I guess I will keep all of you entertained with my stories about that project for the next 30 days!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #147
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't disappeared, I was just away visiting my sister and celebrating her birthday, which included the two of us having a wonderful afternoon tea at a very nice hotel in Berlin. It was a wonderful experience, but not that calorie friendly. But I started tracking again today. And managed to get in a 5km run on Saturday.

Won't try to catch up on all the QOTD, however wanted to add one thing to the one what we do for our health: I think no one so far mentioned sun screen. I have very fair skin and for several years now I have been very good to never expose my skin to the sun for longer amounts of time without putting sun screen on. My everyday moisturizer has SPF 30 even in winter and during the summer I am very diligent to put sun screen on arms and legs every day when it is sunny outside. I also get regular check ups at the dermatologist to make sure that any moles I might have are of the good variety.

I have been doing my planks every day in February so far. And as of today I added another every day challenge for myself. I had mentioned that at the end of the January thread that I had read about the 30 Day Shred program. I did look into it and found that the first level is available on youtube. I tried it on Thursday and loved it as it was challenging and a great workout. So I ordered the DVD from Amazon to start it today. What I had not counted on was that while I got through the workout quite well, I had the most awful sore muscles for the next days! But in my mind I already had committed to starting it today. So this morning, I took my measurements, took pictures of me in the bikini that I hope to wear on my upcoming cruise and after work got my workout done. It was hard again, really hard. Now I am feeling all wobbly in all my limbs, but also fantastic. I just wonder how I am going to feel during the workout tomorrow if my muscles hurt as much as they did last Friday after my first trial. I guess I will keep all of you entertained with my stories about that project for the next 30 days!
Nice job Floss! Keep it up, just like running, the soreness will subside.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #148
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I would love to! My limit would probably be $5000 because that is the most I would expect to spend on Disney park tix (we only go on vacation every other year and only once has been to Disney... though I would love to make it more!). At least with the lifetime pass I could convince DF to go to Disney more often to get our monies worth Convincing him to buy the passes would be different story... Do these passes have a payment plan Pam?

Quote:

Sounds like a fan trip!! How was the new Fantasyland? I only have DLR Fantasyland to compare to but would love to experience the WDW one, well actually all of WDW! Maybe it is a good thing it will be years before we go to WDW, the crowds may have died down

Quote:
So no work for me today. That's okay because I have stuff to do here, but the $$ would be nice..... especially since we are DEFINITELY going to be getting a new roof within the next few weeks/months (depending on the weather). Not sure yet if insurance will cover any of it, but the roof is too far gone to repair properly apparently. Not sure where that $$ will be coming from.... possibly my Disney vacation stash! Makes me a little ill.

I've done an hour on the TM, a good stretch, and my plank for the day so far. I will do just a few minutes with my free weights upstairs and then hit the shower and then the scrapbook table! Enough is enough. I am TIRED of doing laundry, dishes, making beds, etc. I am going to IGNORE it all and scrap today!

Enjoy your scraping time! It is good to get some me time in! Self care anyone?

Also about the roof, and how it may effect your Disney plans... Keep us posted!

Quote:

Take care of yourself! Hoping for a speedy recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Good luck, I hear Jillian is tough But seriously, you can totally do it and you will look amazing for your cruise!

Well I am at work but about to go out to a home visit so I will keep this short. Super Bowl was fun. Even though I cheered on the 49ers I am glad they aren't "my team." I would have been sooo disappointed! But it was a good game. And even though I felt like I stuffed myself, I stayed under my calorie goal Planning to do the biggest loser card workout tonight while watching last week's episode which is still on my DVR, looking forward to it! What do you think my exercises should be? I was think squats, pushups (modified), crunches, and hmm... something else...

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #149
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla

This would be awesome...just not in my budget
I would like to say I would buy, but I would have to buy for my family, too, & it's just too much. For $1000 I would do it, but $5000x4? DSs are so young that I would have to buy for all. Maybe they'd have a family plan?!?! And 0% interest?!?! But it's fun to dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla

So no work for me today. That's okay because I have stuff to do here, but the $$ would be nice..... especially since we are DEFINITELY going to be getting a new roof within the next few weeks/months (depending on the weather). Not sure yet if insurance will cover any of it, but the roof is too far gone to repair properly apparently. Not sure where that $$ will be coming from.... possibly my Disney vacation stash! Makes me a little ill.!

Oh no. I feel like my roof replacement last year jinxed you!! It ended up costing us more than we had. Our insurance only paid for a little bit. We didn't want to drain all of our saving with DH being in school, so even though we didn't want to, we had to get a loan for about $4000. Our roof total was $12000. It still makes me ill. 4 companies did tell us our roof is huge, so I guess that's what we get! We replaced our full roof plus our front & back porches. Plus we had some siding added to a dormer & all new gutters. But, now we are thinking of moving. Bah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102

Well I am at work but about to go out to a home visit so I will keep this short. Super Bowl was fun. Even though I cheered on the 49ers I am glad they aren't "my team." I would have been sooo disappointed! But it was a good game. And even though I felt like I stuffed myself, I stayed under my calorie goal Planning to do the biggest loser card workout tonight while watching last week's episode which is still on my DVR, looking forward to it! What do you think my exercises should be? I was think squats, pushups (modified), crunches, and hmm... something else...
How about side lunges? Or if you have free weights (or even soup cans?) maybe overhead press? Have fun!

------------------------------------------

Well, confession time. I ate too much last night. I stress ate after looking at my w2! And not because I make lots and lots working for a private school But, I am right back on track today, drank tons of water (and used the bathroom a record number of times at work lol), and did the elliptical & plank.

DH are making a list starting tonight of pros & cons of relocating. Any advice from anyone who's relocated a few states away? I'm looking for stuff we may not think of (other than costs, living expenses, schools, pets). Thanks if you do have any suggestions!

We are playing a Lego board game before DS has drums tonight. So I'm off. Have a good night & talk to you tomorrow.

Jill
Old 02-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #150
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Hi Jill-

I have never relocated but I would say look into the taxes ( property and school ). We pay $4500 on a 1400 sq ft home ( NY ), my sister in law pays$1200 on a 6000 sq ft home ( NC). The big difference? She gets nickeled and dimed for EVERYTHING, including her kids schooling because the public schools are crap, so she pays for charter. Even her cable bill is crazy high with a million extra taxes added in, costs more to register her car, etc. Just something to be aware of.
Melinda
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: