Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #16
monkyby87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltiesmom View Post
If its like last year, we are looking at the grand so we don't have to travel for the spa, we are also considering the poly and contemporary, we want to be on the monorail. My only concerns about the poly and grand are the construction that's happening. It sounds like the exterior construction at the grand should be done by October so I'm hoping its not to noisy. As for our add on days I'm thinking port Orleans riverside, I want to spend some time in dtd and think it would be nice to be close by.
Congratulations to everyone that has won! I won last year for the OMDD trip giveaway. I stayed at the Grand Floridian, and it was fantastic! Construction was going on for the new DVC rooms next to it, but it really didn't affect much of anything, and it certainly didn't ruin our trip. I would highly suggest a monorail resort. I don't know what the construction is like now, as we last were there in August of 2012. The spa was also closed at the Grand, so I can't comment on that lol. Personally I would choose the Poly, but that's just me Anways, way to go everyone, and any questions for past winners feel free to let us know, there are several of us hanging around here.

WDW - 2011
WDW - 2012
monkyby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #17
kirbyx5
Mouseketeer

So Excited!!

I am so excited for the disney planner to call!! I think I have it figured out and would love any advice!! I would love to Travel Oct. 16 -23. I would like to add 3 days at the hotel so we have travel days on each end and a relaxing day in between (maybe). This will be our first WDW trip and we have 3 boys. I want to stay at the poly. Our youngest son has a sensory disorder so being on the monorail is important to us. I need to be able to run him back to the room to relax if possible!! I am wanting to do 2 or 3 character meals including the one at o'hana. I would love to go to the one where Mary poppins is at but not sure if my 4 boys(hubbie included) would be up for it!! Please let me know what you all think? Any advice would be much appreciated!
kirbyx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #18
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5
I am so excited for the disney planner to call!! I think I have it figured out and would love any advice!! I would love to Travel Oct. 16 -23. I would like to add 3 days at the hotel so we have travel days on each end and a relaxing day in between (maybe). This will be our first WDW trip and we have 3 boys. I want to stay at the poly. Our youngest son has a sensory disorder so being on the monorail is important to us. I need to be able to run him back to the room to relax if possible!! I am wanting to do 2 or 3 character meals including the one at o'hana. I would love to go to the one where Mary poppins is at but not sure if my 4 boys(hubbie included) would be up for it!! Please let me know what you all think? Any advice would be much appreciated!
What package did you choose? If you chose one with the water parks and more upgrade you also get 5 entries into the secondary parks, if I understood the rules right. So you could do 5 days with your park hopper and on you down day if your up for it you can check out a water park or other secondary park.
keltiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #19
kirbyx5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What package did you choose? If you chose one with the water parks and more upgrade you also get 5 entries into the secondary parks, if I understood the rules right. So you could do 5 days with your park hopper and on you down day if your up for it you can check out a water park or other secondary park.
That is the one we picked!! I hope thats how they work. If not I dont even think we will use them!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #20
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That is the one we picked!! I hope thats how they work. If not I dont even think we will use them!
There is a sticky about how the tickets work, you should take a look. I can't link from my phone
Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #21
kirbyx5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There is a sticky about how the tickets work, you should take a look. I can't link from my phone
On these boards?? Thanks
Old 01-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #22
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
On these boards?? Thanks
Yes, theme parks and attractions stickies, there is one "everything wdw tickets"
Old 01-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #23
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

I just wanted to tell all the winners CONGRATS and happy planning!!!

Planning is *almost* as much fun as going on the actual trip !!!

So excited for all of you!!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #24
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkyby87

Congratulations to everyone that has won! I won last year for the OMDD trip giveaway. I stayed at the Grand Floridian, and it was fantastic! Construction was going on for the new DVC rooms next to it, but it really didn't affect much of anything, and it certainly didn't ruin our trip. I would highly suggest a monorail resort. I don't know what the construction is like now, as we last were there in August of 2012. The spa was also closed at the Grand, so I can't comment on that lol. Personally I would choose the Poly, but that's just me Anways, way to go everyone, and any questions for past winners feel free to let us know, there are several of us hanging around here.
We have decided to take another couple with us, they live about 8hrs from the airport I think we will be flying from, do you know if anyone last year had people fly from another airport or does everyone have to fly together? If they can it would be easier for them to fly from another airport.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #25
camsmama
"One More Disney Day" Sweepstakes winner 2012

Quote:
We have decided to take another couple with us, they live about 8hrs from the airport I think we will be flying from, do you know if anyone last year had people fly from another airport or does everyone have to fly together? If they can it would be easier for them to fly from another airport.
For the OMDD contest, all travelers had to fly out of the same airport; they wouldn't let us split up and fly from seperate airports.

WDW - Too many times to count since we live so close
DL - OMDD Trip Grand Californian - August 2012 (first time to DL & California)
camsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #26
elt0307
Earning My Ears

congrats

Congrats to all the winners! I entered the contest pretty religiously from the beginning but alas it wasn't meant to be this time around So I'm a little jealous of all you winners out there! BUT really thought, congratulations and I hope you all have a wonderful trip. And you are right, planning is half the fun! Enjoy!
elt0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #27
swebb0310
Mouseketeer

Congrats to all the winners. I am still spreading pixie dust hoping to miraculously get the call that I won. I am planning a trip this summer to celebrate my birthday, so I am pretty excited about that. I'm also hoping that one of my friends will convince her husband to take their family over a long weekend in March during the flower festival at Epcot.
Planning a Disney trip is not as fun as actually being there, but I still love to do it! It brightens my day to think about it, so I will be living vicariously through you all! Plus, I am still looking for things to add to my list of 30 most magical moments to have in my 30th year!
swebb0310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #28
kirbyx5
Mouseketeer

Winner Winner

Okay fellow winners, Just checking in to see if any of you have made any more decisions about your trip! Give us all of the juicy details! Also have you thought about ADR's at all? I am trying to decide and narrow down my choices!!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #29
Gantu
Oh,,,,,blitznac!

I just cant yet... my brain is FREAKED out!

I hope we hear something soon!

11/09 WL ~ 5/11 SSW POP ~ 8/12 Disneyland / DCA
5/31-6/9/13 AOA- YC - POR

Trip to come!!!! I really won a trip to Disney World!
Gantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #30
suevr
One More Disney Day Sweepstakes Winner :)

Congrats again to all of the winners! It was just a year ago that all of us OMDD winners were waiting to hear from our Disney contacts.

I just looked at my e-mails and I heard from our Disney rep from DL a month after I won. They did start contacting us before the contest was over, so I'd think you guys will hear something soon.
~ July~ Disneyland Hotel~ One More Disney Day Sweepstakes trip
2011~ January, May, October~ Fort Wilderness Campground
2010~ May, October~ Fort Wilderness Campground
2009~ October~ Fort Wilderness Cabins
suevr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney time sweepstakes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: