Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppityChops View Post
We just might be defining "diehard" differently. I'm not a costumer, I didn't name my daughter Leia, and I only have 3 pieces of Star Wars Memorabelia (the gorgeous poster set by print-maker Ollie Moss). I do however have the ability to recite the original trilogy straight through with probably a handful of mistakes. I'm a huge fan of the OG trilogy - I enjoyed many of the book series, Clone Wars is a really fun kids-level entry into the Star Wars Universe that has tremendous legs IMHO in terms of what they can do with it.

All that said, I do not acknowledge Eps 1-3 as part of the Star Wars lore. They are nothing to me. If you mean diehard as in "those who unconditionally love EVERYTHING Star Wars oriented" then yes - to heck with 'em I say! But I don't think those are the people who really love the material; they're just sheep. If you love it, you're not afraid to criticize it. Like my wife. I criticize her all the time! Either way, I think there's a tremendous potential here, and I'm hopeful that the powers-that-be recognized 3Dification for the rancor (pun super-intended) that it could cause, along with the non-profitability.
completely agree...

and i actually have bought vhs/dvd/bluray copies of the original movies 5 times...i would buy toys and other items as an adult because i thought it was cool that something of the toys i had when i was little - or dreamed about but they never made...would be nice to own, even thought they went straight to the attic.
Like the original issue star wars legos.

But they've killed it for me...way too much of the same trash. and lucas ruined his own myth with BAD material. Proving he wasn't a great storyteller...just a movie hack with some decent people working for him during the disco area.
The proverbial blind squirrel or broken clock.

So yeah...Disney needs to bring some class back to Star Wars. If you had told me that 20 years ago...i would have told you to have your head examined. But that is exactly what has happened.

And the bold portion of the test is EXACTLY the same fight i've had on this board probably 999 times. No criticism is thrown towards things you DON'T care about. Critical does not equal negative, necessarily, either.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #17
YoHo
If you have any poo to fling, now is the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me!Thatswho View Post
To be honest, I, with rare exception, refuse to pay the extra $4 a ticket for what is nothing but a cheap, hokey, parlor trick. FYI: in spite of being a huge Tolkien fan, we saw the Hobbit in 2D!

Completely off topic, but you should spend the money to see the Hobbit in 48FPS 3D.

Don't bother seeing it in 24FPS 3D, it's worthless in that, but 48FPS 3D is like nothing you've ever seen.

Having said that, I think that the Hobbit is best in 2D, because the LOTR's were in 2d and so the world Jackson created is a 2d 24fps world so 3d 48fps is a bit of a visual jolt.

But in pure terms of movie making, 3d 48fps is not a gimmick and is worth seeing.

Critical thinking about Disney at
www.july171955.com

"That's why I love Walt Disney. It costs $100,000 to build a spire you didn't need. The secret of Disney is doing things you don't need and doing them well and then you realize you needed them all along." - Ray Bradbury
YoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #18
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

Quote:
But in pure terms of movie making, 3d 48fps is not a gimmick and is worth seeing.
I was totally blown away with it. Not what I expected. Subtle, but always there. Very cool!

For the best "Disney Education" on the web go to: http://www.july171955.com/

Long live the Pirate!!
DVC-Landbaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: