Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

“Life is too short to eat food that doesn't taste good.” - Feb&March 2013 - Complete

Table of Contents
Background

Feb 8th
Contempo Cafe
Liberty Tree Tavern
Magic Kingdom Snacks
Bar @ The Wave
Citrico's Foxen Wine Dinner
Contempo Cafe

Feb 9th
Contempo Cafe
Chefs de France
Beer Tasting @ The Wave
Contemporary Gift Shop Snacks
Narcoossee's
Top of the World
Contempo Cafe

Feb 10th
Contempo Cafe

March 8th
Big Top Souvenirs
Gaston's Tavern
Pecos Bill
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
Fulton's

March 9th
Olivia's
Food & Garden Booths
Portobello
Ghirardelli

Last edited by Dis_Yoda; 03-10-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Background

This trip has changed about a dozen times since I first made my initial hotel reservation in October 2012 with my DVC points. Originally, we were suppose to go Feb 5th to 10th @ BLT for our anniversary. I attempted to plan a private dining experience for us with Disney Catering but I was having issues getting someone willing to work with me for any options other than the Grand Florida private dining or chartering one of the boats.

Then I interviewed and got a new job offer at the beginning of November. This job was located in Florida & required me to move at the beginning of December. We knew my husband would be able to transfer with his company to the area, it was just a matter of timing with the holiday season. I also discovered that with my new job, I have to earn time off on a monthly basis rather than getting a yearly allotment that I was used to previously. So we changed the trip to be Feb 7th to 10th as thats all the time I would be able to take at this time.

Citrico's announced their wine dinners that I found out from the Disney Food Blog. There was one on Feb 8th, which worked perfectly for me! I was able to get the last spots for the wine dinners and reserved my spots.

Then my husband's new job messed with my plans. He had a huge meeting he has to go in another part of Florida on Feb 8th. The meeting wouldn't get out until 5pm & would be a 2 to 3 hour commute into Disney due to traffic on a Friday evening.

Now I was stuck. I wanted to be with my husband but I already had these reservations that frankly, I didn't want to give up. I cancelled the Feb 7th night & delayed our trip for a month to March 8th to 10th at Old Key West. I thought about going by myself or asking a friend from Orlando to join me for Dinner, then I realized I had another option.

I called my mother & asked if she wanted to go with me - hotel would be covered - she just needs to cover her ticket and food. As we originally were going to go to Disney in December for the End of the World but had to cancel because of my new job & move, she was able to go.

So our new plans, that luckily shouldn't be changing anymore.

Feb 8th
Lunch - Possibly Be Our Guest or Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner - Citrico's Wine Dinner

Feb 9th
Lunch - Chefs de France
Dinner - The Wave

Feb 10th
Lunch - Yak & Yeti

March 8th
Lunch - Unknown
Dinner - Fulton's

March 9th
Lunch - Unknown
Dinner - Yachtsman

March 10th
Lunch - Unknown
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Sounds yummy to me! Glad you're still able to go in Feb. can't wait to hear all about it. Have a great trip!!

2xcited2sleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Sounds yummy to me! Glad you're still able to go in Feb. can't wait to hear all about it. Have a great trip!!

I'm glad I was able to go too even if it was without my husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesswindsor View Post
I'm in!!!
Thanks for joining!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Contempo Cafe

I arrived at BLT right around 8am but my mother was still 45 minutes away, so I headed over to the Contemporary to get something small for breakfast. I went with a side of bacon & a side of breakfast potatoes. The bacon was rubbery and not worth the calories. The potatoes were cold so I didn't eat more than a bite.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Liberty Tree Tavern

My mother arrived before 9am and we walked over to the Magic Kingdom to buy our tickets and enjoy the park. At 11:35am we checked in for our 11:45am reservation and were seated within 3 minutes! I enjoyed a diet coke & she had a Sprite while we were waiting for our meals to arrive.

We didn't want something too heavy so we went with appetizers for our meal.

I enjoyed the Tavern Fried Cheese & Declaration Salad

I haven't been to LTT in a few years since the Fried Cheese had been changed from the 2 different cheese types down to one. I mean it tasted great for fried cheese but I couldn't help but feel disappointed because I used to love the variance in types of cheese.

The salad was fine. It was refreshing.

My mother enjoyed the Blue Crab & Spinach Dip for Two

She liked the dip. The bread was rather stale & wasn't the flatbread that was mentioned on the menu at all.

We decided against dessert so we could enjoy a snack or two in the park while we enjoyed our day.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom Snacks
As we explored the New Fantasyland & Circus area my mother and I decided to split a Mickey Ear Rice Krispy Treat It was top with white chocolate & Mickey sprinkles.

It tasted fresh unlike many of the rice krispy treats I've had in the past at Disney & thus was really enjoyable. I was glad I was splitting it with my mother though!

As we were leaving the park to start our walk back to BLT, my mother wanted popcorn as she loves Disney popcorn, especially from the cart on Main Street.

She ate most of it but it was super fresh as it just finished popping! It was a good snack as we walked back to the resort to get into our room as our room number had been text messaged to me.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Bar @ The Wave

After we checked into the resort, I talked with my husband on the phone for a bit (it is our 5th year anniversary) and settled in before we had to get ready for dinner.

After all that unfun stuff was finished, we headed over to the Contemporary to shop a bit & decided to have a drink around 3:30pm.

I enjoyed an Angry Orchard Cider & a Red Stag Lemonade as my mother had her glass of wine.

As we were the only ones in the bar, the bartender was super awesome & let us try some liquors based on my mother's story about her love of "Adult Chocolate Milk" Sadly, he isn't working tomorrow but I'm sure we'll enjoy whatever bartender we will run into.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #10
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Anxiously awaiting the Citricos Wine Dinner review!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #11
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm in!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Me too!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #13
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
Anxiously awaiting the Citricos Wine Dinner review!
Coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I'm in!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Me too!!!
Thanks for joining in
Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Citrico's Foxen Wine Dinner

Room View! I'm super happy we ended up on the 14th Floor.

We checked in right at 5:50 and we sat at a long table at the back of the restaurant. There were apparently more than 10 people interested in this dinner and thus they moved it from the Chef's Domain in order to accommodate the larger crowd. The menu featured the Foxen Winery. It was hosted by Jenny & Dick.

The menu!

The Amuse Course was a rabbit terrine with black truffles.

The meat was very tender and paired well with their Chenin Blanc. This wine was also used for the pairing with the 1st course.

The 1st Course was a Fluke Crudo w/ Blood Orange Olive Oil, Crisp Radish & Grape Salad

The fish was very fresh and melted in your mouth.

The 2nd course was a Seared Scallop w/ Saffron infused Cream & Sweet Onions. This was paired with the Chardonnay Block.

As I've said in previous reviews, I'm not a huge fan of scallops. That said, this scallop was great. The saffron cream worked great with the perfectly cooked scallop. The onion was great, but I love onions so it would take a lot for me to not say that!

The 3rd course was a Goat Cheese & Roasted Mushroom Ravioli w/ Black Olive Reduction. This was paired with a Pinot Noir.

These raviolis were great. You could tell how freshly they were made. There were 4 different types of mushrooms in the mix with the goat cheese.

The 4th course was an Oxtail Risotto Cabernet Butter Sauce w/ Rainbow Carrots. This was paired with a Cuvee Jeanne.

The only bad thing I can say about this dish is that the sauce made the plating look rather sloppy. The oxtail was amazing especially with the risotto.

The final course was Warm Chocolate-Cherry Tart w/ White Chocolate Gelato. This was paired with a 7200 Mission

There were so many cherries in this tart along with it being so rich that I'm not sure many people finished the entire thing! It was a heavy way to end the meal but it worked really well with the Mission wine.

One of the guests there had brought his own favorite Foxen wine & had people enjoy a small taste of the wine.

This was a great wine dinner and lasted almost 3 hours from start to finish.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #15
FirstMagic
Mouseketeer

Great details and photos of this dinner! Thanks for sharing with us.
FirstMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: