Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
DiSnEyLvR76
Mouseketeer

<3 Jenn & Mikes Happily Ever After PJ-Wishes October 2014

I am a longtime lurker of this wedding board and now that we have OFFICIALLY decided to have a DFTW, I couldn't wait to start this! We are penciled in for October 2014, and our site visit is scheduled for this September during our Vacation, and I couldn't be more excited!
I figured I would start by telling you a little bit about us, our love story, and love for DISNEY! (Well, more mine than his, at least he'd never admit to it)

My name is Jenn and my Fiancè is Michael and we are from Long Island, NY. Say it with me, Laawwng Island. We are 28 yrs old and have been dating for 9 years! We have a house, 3 dogs and heads that need to be reexamined sometimes Our home definitely feels a bit crazy at times, but I wouldn't change it all! I work full time and he works full time++ and we enjoy our moments together in between our work schedules. It just makes the time we have together, that much more special.

I have been going to Disney since the time I was a little girl, and am a well known Disney addict to my family and friends. Michael went when he was too young to remember and then again with me on our first vacation together back in 2005. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, and I can honestly say it was that trip that made me fall in love with him even more. We ran around acting like kids because thats what your supposed to do at WDW! I guess he saw the Disney Magic, or just loves making me happy because we have been back over 10 times together. (Owning DVC has helped)

This is us on our first trip in 2005, we look so young!

Michael proposed on 9/28/12, our first night of the trip(he was too nervous he'd lose it or I'd find it, supposedly in the 5+ hrs we had been there, there were already too many close calls) at our home away from home Animal Kingdom Lodge, while on our balcony watching the animals! We were in "our room" that we had stayed in twice before, so it was perfect! We had an amazing week celebrating! Disney our family and friends all did wonderful things to help us celebrate!
Here is my beautiful E-Ring

Thats it for right now, I have so much I've done already, Ive been planning this in my head for 9 years, patiently waiting after every trip and still no ring, and then finally it happend! So another post will be soon!

Last edited by DiSnEyLvR76; 07-28-2013 at 01:05 PM.
DiSnEyLvR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Shanna-like-Banana
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your engagement !

Can't wait to hear about all your planning. You're going to make a beautiful bride !
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
theemily
Shutterbug

Congrats on your engagement from a fellow Long Islander (well, former - I'm a Floridian now haha). It's so sweet that he was so nervous about losing the ring - which is gorgeous, by the way!

Good luck with all of the planning, & I can't wait to read more!
theemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
eaj1228
Mouseketeer

You and Michael are an adorable couple! Can't wait to get more details on your journey to happily ever after. Your ring is gorgeous.
Disneyland 1994 Disneyland Hotel**Disneyland 1999 Best Western Anaheim Inn**WDW 2007 Best Western Lakeside**Disney World 2008 Best Western Lakeside**Disneyland April 2009 BWPPI***WDW February 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter**Disneyland October 2010 BWPPI**
*WDW November 2011 BCV and SSR** WDW October 2012 AKL Kidani and SSR** Disneyland October 2013 Anaheim Fairfield Inn** WDW November 2014 Old Key West
eaj1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
DiSnEyLvR76
Mouseketeer

Overall look of Wedding

So I have always known I wanted to get married at the Wedding Pavilion. Seriously, I was probably a child the first time I saw it, and told my mother I would get married there and wear a pink dress. Well the pink dress is out(not entirely, still in my "colors") but I love love the pavilion, its just gorgeous! It's funny..we originally were planning on getting married in NY, I was so upset over it because I couldn't picture myself walking down an aisle anywhere other than the Pavilion. So some begging and pleading and crying and throwing in how much money we'd be SAVING (NY Weddings are $$$) and we decided to go for it! The initial reaction from my family was "That's what you have ALWAYS wanted"
I'm still on the fence about Reception spaces. Leaning towards one of the Grand Floridian ballrooms. I will have this all figured out by the time we leave our site visit in just 2 short months!
So if you are a Disney bride then you know this already, but if you are not than you should know that Disney works on a lottery system if more than 1 bride wants your same date/time. Thats right, no first come first to get whatever you want. I guess its fair but I have been pouting about this since I found out. We want to get married in October because of work reasons and for the obvious... weather/food & wine/MNSSHP and of course this is one of THE MOST popular months to have a DFTW. So supposedly, there are already 2 other brides looking at our date. Disney does have multiple ceremony locations and they have up to 4 or 5? Weddings a day at the Wedding Pavilion, so it's a good possibility that every bride wants a different location and time & in that case I would be fine. If not, I have to provide up to 4 other locations and/or times & dates of my choice. So my anxiety level over not knowing my wedding date is very So I am looking forward to my site visit because I should know shortly after that what my actual date is.
So my colors and look I want for the wedding are a blush pink/pewter color. I want it to be very romantic.
Here are a couple of inspiration pictures, sorry they are huge, I will get better with sizing I promise...

I want my bridesmaids in a Pewter/Gray color and have them hold Pale pink flowers. Obsessed! What do you think!?

Last edited by DiSnEyLvR76; 07-29-2013 at 02:17 PM.
DiSnEyLvR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
theemily
Shutterbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSnEyLvR76 View Post
Here are a couple of inspiration pictures, sorry they are huge, I will get better with sizing I promise...

I want my bridesmaids in a Pewter/Gray color and have them hold Pale pink flowers. Obsessed! What do you think!?
So pretty!! I love grey with pastels, it always looks so awesome.

Also, here's to hoping you get the date & locations you want! I've got my fingers crossed for you.
theemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
naomiatx86
Earning My Ears

Congrats!!!

I too am in love with the Wedding Pavilion so I can feel your excitement

Are you having a Wishes wedding or Escape?
Old 07-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
DiSnEyLvR76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomiatx86
Congrats!!!

I too am in love with the Wedding Pavilion so I can feel your excitement

Are you having a Wishes wedding or Escape?
Wishes! :-)
Old 07-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #9
naomiatx86
Earning My Ears

Ipod

Oh my gosh, so embarrassing-

Earlier I was on the IPOD and didn't see the complete title and I forgot that you had mentioned reception places in your first post or I wouldn't have had to ask if you were planning a Wishes wedding. Whoops!

Congrats again!
Old 07-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
ArmandXG
The Great Baldini: Master of Time, Space and the Infinite Universe

Howdy! It's me, Ziva Goldman from the FB page! For those of us who don't know, what is a Wishes or Escape? Also, love the colors! Looking forward to reading your entire report! So excited for you!!!!

Oct. 1990 WDW honeymoon, off site; Oct. 2000 WDW 10th anniversary, P.O. FQ; Nov. 2002 WDW Nephew's B-day, Allstar Movies Dalmation; Dec. 2004 WDW 14th (and X-mas) P.O. Riverside; Oct. 2006 DCL Magic 16th Anniversary, 1st cruise; Dec. 2008 DCL Wonder pre-X-mas and Parent's 1st cruise; Dec. 2010 WDW Secret trip and 20th anniversary,CSR; Oct 2012 WDW 22nd Anniversary (and Halloween), CBR. Oct.2013DCL Fantasy, 23rd anniversary
ArmandXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
SeattleSuz
DIS Veteran

Hiya! I am excited to hear all about this. Hearing about and seeing your engagement photos on our board was so fun. How special to be able to get engaged and married in the best place in the world!

Suz (40) DH-Matt (39) DD-Ariel (6)
SeattleSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:36 PM   #12
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

So excited to follow along. I remember how excited we all were when you told us that you'd gotten engaged.

I hope you enjoy every minute of your planning! And that all your wishes come true.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #13
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandXG View Post
Howdy! It's me, Ziva Goldman from the FB page! For those of us who don't know, what is a Wishes or Escape? Also, love the colors! Looking forward to reading your entire report! So excited for you!!!!
I'm with Ziva! I need a Disney wedding tutorial! What is a "Wishes" wedding?

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #14
DiSnEyLvR76
Mouseketeer

Hey Ziva!
Disney has 4 different types of Wedding packages to choose from, the 2 most popular being Escape & Wishes.
I took the following right off the Disney Weddings website as it probably best describes the difference:
Escape Weddings are complete wedding and honeymoon packages designed for the bride and groom. They typically include a small ceremony with cake and a champagne toast, floral for the bride and groom, a musician for the ceremony and champagne toast, and a photography package. Escape Weddings can accommodate up to eighteen guests at the ceremony. Wishes Weddings are personalized events that allow the bride and groom to design a wedding ceremony and private reception at a selection of Walt Disney World Resort locations. Because these are more elaborate events, minimum expenditures will apply. There are also certain food and beverage and room night minimums. One of the best things about a Wishes Collection Wedding is that you'll have the vast resources of the Walt Disney World® Resort at your fingertips. These include: * Professional Disney Wedding Event Planner * Floral Design * Photography/Videography * Catering * Wedding Cakes * Entertainment (includes decor, theming, music, * Landscaping, characters, lighting design, staging, etc.) * Musicians * Transportation * Specialty Table Linen Rental * Invitations (by referral only) * Favors * Dress Pressing (by referral only) * Officiant (by referral only) * Tuxedo Rental (by referral only)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: