Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #121
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

LOVE it!

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
(I totally would just keep swimming in that area!)

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #122
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
LOVE it!

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
(I totally would just keep swimming in that area!)
And what you will love even more is that when the CM gives you directions to your room (or any other directions I presume), they tell you "Swim to the left towards the Lion King section, etc." So cute!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #123
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

The Finding Nemo section looks fantastic! That's one of my favorite movies anyway, and the pool looks great. I did see some of that section while on the bridge briefly.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #124
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
The Finding Nemo section looks fantastic! That's one of my favorite movies anyway, and the pool looks great. I did see some of that section while on the bridge briefly.
I forgot to mention, and did not experience it myself, but in the Nemo pool if you go underwater you can hear music or FISH TALKING!!! How totally awesome is that, dude?!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #125
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I forgot to mention, and did not experience it myself, but in the Nemo pool if you go underwater you can hear music or FISH TALKING!!! How totally awesome is that, dude?!!!
Dude....that is way cool.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #126
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Crowd levels were both awesome and awful, depending on the day. What dates exactly are you thinking of going?

Thanks. I think it's interesting to see photos at night. Disney does night time lighting so well! Yes, there is a (small) playground in the Nemo section, which I will post next.

Just say you will go with or without them. They ought to feel guilty letting you go alone and will join you, right? Try to go over for lunch, they have one of the best food court of all Disney resorts. That should work to convince them, men and their stomach!

Exactly, just one tiny tiny slide would have made all the difference.

How lucky of you to have gotten a suite without having to pay the difference! What section were you in? Even if you can't afford a suite next time, the LM rooms are amazing anyway.

We were in the Cars section.. Lightening McQueen suite that my four year old found amazing!!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #127
auroralark
Lives for vacation

Quote:

Thanks! It was my great-grandma's name. I fell in love with the name when I was about 12 and my grandma would tell me stories about her mom. I knew right there and then that my first daughter would have that name. That's so cool that our daughters are only about 2 weeks apart (I think, based on your signature)!

That is such a sweet story! And yes, my daughter was born on July 4th, so about 2 weeks! She was supposed to be a June baby, but she decided to wait for the fireworks.

Many trips as a kid! Offsite, CBR, Offsite, POR, All Star Sports, Offsite 3x May/June '07 Disneymoon @ BWI *
Sep '07 @ POR * May '09 @ CR * July '09 @ POP!Disneyland! Dec '09 - Jan '10 * Universal! July '10 * Sep '10 @ CSR
Jan '11 @ Poly * Solo! Oct '11 @POR * Feb '12 @ AKL
Our Princess arrived! 7/4/12
auroralark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #128
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'll come back later to do the rest of the replies as I'm about to go to bed, but I wanted to write this one before I forget since it's something I already forgot once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post

One little tip with the hot water, run the coffee maker without coffee and you'll have just hot water, it works in a pinch
Thanks. I knew about that tip, but at AoA they don't have coffee makers in the standard rooms (I think they have one in the suites). Then at Beach Club they had this little new generation coffee maker that only makes one cup at a time. We tried it once, but it took so long, we decided we preferred to walk to the food court.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #129
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Your photos of the AoA are really great... I think that if I stayed there I'd have to stay in the Little Mermaid Section... I love that huge statue of Ursula... she looks extra creepy at night...

The whole place is really awesome... I love how they've incorporated the newest design in the food court and the lobby... cool design and just so very Disney...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #130
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Dude....that is way cool.
I have a friend who visited AoA with her friends and they lied down next to the pool and put their ear in the water to listen. I totally should have done that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
We were in the Cars section.. Lightening McQueen suite that my four year old found amazing!!
I bet he did! I can't imagine any little boy that would not like those suites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroralark View Post
That is such a sweet story! And yes, my daughter was born on July 4th, so about 2 weeks! She was supposed to be a June baby, but she decided to wait for the fireworks.
Thanks.
She must have thought "I'm a special girl, I should arrive on a special day!" or "Oh, look! They have fireworks just for ME! How nice!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Your photos of the AoA are really great... I think that if I stayed there I'd have to stay in the Little Mermaid Section... I love that huge statue of Ursula... she looks extra creepy at night...

The whole place is really awesome... I love how they've incorporated the newest design in the food court and the lobby... cool design and just so very Disney...
It's so hard to choose just one section to stay in at AoA. I might have to go back several times so I can try them all. Yes, Ursula looks creepy, just the way it should be.

There really is no better word to describe AoA. It's DISNEY!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #131
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm just about to post the last Art of Animation update. I have one regular update from Day 1 that I can post after that, then I need to wait until I receive the photopass CD to continue. I received an email saying it was shipped on January 31st, so hopefully it won't be too long. I've been pretty good at typing my updates ahead of time this trip, so I should be able to maintain this pace for a little while. I got pretty bad at writing in my trip journal after a few days though, and I'm going back to work in less than 3 weeks ( ) so we'll see how it goes.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #132
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Art of Animation Review part 5 – Cars Area

Both Cars Land in California and the Cars section of Art of Animation opened on the same date. I’m not a fan of the movie Cars at all, but this area is just as spectacular as the other ones. I’m pretty sure staying here would a dream come true for any little boy out there.

You can come up to basically any car to take your picture with. It’s like the McQueen & Mater meet & greet at DHS, except with way more cars and without a line.

Speaking of Mater & McQueen, they are there too.

Luigi’s Tires

The pool is themed on the Cozy Cone Motel.

You can even rest in the shade in your own private cone!

I love that! Plus, it’s free!!!

Well, that concludes my walking tour of Art of Animation. I hope you enjoyed it! We’ll return to our regular trip updates next.

Last edited by ronnmel; 02-09-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #133
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I definitely want to take full advantage of all the cool "statues" to take pics with when I'm there

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #134
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

That section looks great! I really like that they have all of the cars where you can take pictures of them! And the cones for shade around the pool are fantastic!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #135
katt789
DIS Veteran

I was really impressed with all the choices of food and stuff in Landscape of Flavours! It was all a little bit different than other value food courts, and was all delicious! I liked it a lot! There's a high chance we'll be walking over from Pop to eat there this trip! Hhaha

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: