Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #391
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Gosh, Claudia is sooooo adorable.. That little face!

I love those Princess shirts too... I want one for my next trip

Can't wait to read more about Epcot, I hate to say it, but it's my least favorite park but I hope to next time, explore it a little more and maybe learn to love it.

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #392
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Teal"]Day 5 part 1 – The One Where Otaku Surprises Herself

This morning we managed to get up early enough to catch rope drop. I even had time to have a little fun with Peanut before getting ready.

LOVE this picture...Peanut is just precious.

I hate when the rain closes down Test Track; hope you got on it later.

I can understand why those princess t-shirts caught Otaku's eyes...I really like them too.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #393
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

So cool to see WS with no one in it!

The new princess shirts are....interesting. Part of me likes them, part of me dislikes them changing the princesses like that.

The picture of Claudia on the bed is adorable!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #394
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Here I am. Sorry it took so long!

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #395
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

I am finally caught up again!!!

I will make an attempt to remember all of my comments, but I'm sure I will forget some things (I was on Page 16 ). I am soooo sorry I was so far behind! I literally fell asleep three different nights with your TR up on my computer screen! I am making an attempt to get back on a schedule to prepare Luke for Kindergarten. It has been working very well for the kids, but not so much for me (because I still stay up way too late & then just exhaust myself).

Anyway, enough about that!! And back to your TR!

I LOVE your pictures of the Beach Club!!! It is such a beautiful resort!!! I was definitely spoiled by the International Gateway & boat/walk to DHS the year we stayed there! I doubt we will stay there again in the near future, but I hope to at some point just for the location! I also really want to try Beaches & Cream! We just never made it over there because of other ADR's.

The Solarium is AMAZING and soooo peaceful and relaxing!! I chatted with my mom on the phone one night down there for over an hour. Everyone else was sleeping in the room & I didn't want to wake them by talking, so I just went for a walk. I ended up sitting in a chair along the wall by the paintings. Sadly, the next day it went under refurb so I wasn't able to enjoy it again. I believe it was closed for 2-3 days/nights while they redid the floors, but of course the day they reopened it, we were leaving for our flight home. We did sit in the room where the tv is while we ate our breakfast and waited for Magical Express.

Your pictures of Stormalong Bay are awesome! Much better than the ones that I took. We only made it down to the pool twice during our trip because of thunderstorms & late nights at Epcot. I was sad that we didn't try out the big slide! The one night, Luke just played in the sand for hours. We were disappointed that evening too because they closed the pool because of lightning. (I'm glad they closed it because of safety but sad we didn't get to enjoy it more.)

I know what you mean about the "feel" of the resort not "being you" -- that makes complete sense to me! We really felt that way too when we toured the monorail resorts. We LOVED them and they are GORGEOUS!! We mainly couldn't ever see ourselves staying at the GF. I still can't believe I finally made it over there & didn't go in Basin White or the gift shop at GF!!! I was honestly afraid of touching anything there! I looked inside the gift shop but never entered. I would've went inside Basin White but at the time, we were carrying Tyler and he was getting heavy. LOL!

Those crowds at MK are scary!! That EXACT place where you ran into "the wall" of people is where we ran into it last September!!! The wait times you posted honestly brought back some really bad memories for me. We purposely went last September because my parents go every year August/Sept to avoid crowds. But of course the year we choose to go in Sept, it is crazy crowded! The crowds still have me puzzled, but it's over now so I guess I should just let it go. LOL We saw wait times between 180-260. It was beyond INSANE! Good job getting the FP's for Peter Pan and Dumbo though!!! I wish we had grabbed FP's for PP but we got them for LM instead but didn't get to use them since we were eating at BoG during that time. I wish I had waited 15-25 more minutes before grabbing the FP's.

I LOVE the ears that you and Otaku chose!!!

Your list of the items you had in the stroller and in your backpack are very useful. I hope that other moms see the list & can utilize your wisdom for their own trips with infants! I was reading over it & comparing your trip with ours. I was definitely thankful the entire time that Tyler could eat off of our plates. It made me very nervous because he was just starting table foods. He ate a lot of "first foods" on our trip & I am sooooo thankful he didn't have allergic reactions to anything! I was also worried about the combo of heat & new foods, but he did very well the whole trip. I took baby snacks (animal crackers, Mum Mum crackers, pretzels, etc) for both kids to eat while waiting at the bus stop or to give Tyler on the bus. I know it says "No food/drink" on the buses, but I honestly can't see another passenger or the bus driver complaining if a baby is eating a snack just to keep them calm. I did this almost every day & I never had an issue. I only felt bad once when another little boy whispered to his mom "You said we weren't allowed to eat on the bus, but they are" and I offered him crackers but the mom said no. I totally understand not taking food from strangers, but I did feel bad breaking the rule at that point. The mom looked at me sympathetically though, not like she was annoyed, so I'm sure she understood why I gave them to the kids.

I decided to write my own TR. There is just so much I want to share with others about traveling with an "almost one" year old, crowds, Christmas decor, traveling with two kids for the first time, etc. I'll let you know when I start it!

I know I had more comments but I think I wrote enough for now. LOL I'll keep up better from now on!!!

I'm glad the transition from AoA to BC was easy!!! Enjoying all of your updates & pictures!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #396
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Remembered more!!! (Aren't you lucky to have to respond to all of this?! )

I'm sooooo happy to hear you had a good experience at Harmony Barber Shop with Claudia's first haircut!!! We had a really great experience too! Love all of the pictures of her!! And you are absolutely right!! LOTS of great pic opportunities for moms!!! The first words out of the hairdresser's mouth were "Takes as many pics as you want!" and I sure did!!!!

I actually found myself taking lots of pictures of lights at Disney too! I have one from Kona that I'll post here for you since you just posted that update!

Also thought you would like this picture! We were seated right beside it!

Check-in Desk at Kona Cafe

Old 03-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #397
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!

I'm about to head to bed now, but I promise I'll be back this weekend to do replies and post an update or two. We don't have anything planned for the next two days so I should be able to find the time.

I did want to tell you about some good news in our life. Peanut is crawling!! She has learned so MANY new skills these past 2-3 weeks, it's crazy! She can sit by herself (and loves to do that while we try to change her diaper), pull herself up, lunge forward, and crawl. She's also very close to being able to stand unassisted for a few seconds. This stage is so fun!

Hope you all have a good weekend!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #398
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Yay Claudia!!! That is a lot to learn in just a few weeks!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #399
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Yay Claudia!!! That is a lot to learn in just a few weeks!
It is a lot! Sometimes we try to get her to say Mama or Dada (which she has no interest in doing at the moment), but then I remember all the things she HAS learned. Obviously she can't do everything at once.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #400
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Caught back up. Love the photo of Claudia with her "O" mouth.

I can imagine the crowds for that holiday season. We went the week after Thanksgiving in 2010, and it was plenty crowded enough for me. (and that is supposed to be the slower part of the holiday season).

My DD is a big Stitch fan as well. I have found the best place for Stitch stuff is at the Poly in their gift shop upstairs.

Yay for Claudia!!! Everything will seem to happen so fast now. They manage to cruise through each stage at the blink of an eye. My DS never actually crawled. He would sit on his butt and scoot by wiggling his legs in and out. It was quite funny.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #401
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I also like taking things slow at WDW. I love just sitting and looking around. I rarely get to do that, but I realized that to me that's what makes the best of a vacay. Time to relax = heaven.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 03-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #402
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Day 5 part 2 - The One With The Chocolate Incident

Why would we waste our time in Innoventions so early in the morning? To do this, of course!

I know for a fact that going upside down in one of those simulators would make me sick. The father-daughter team designed and tested their own roller-coaster while baby and I walked around and took pictures. I cheated and some of the pictures in the previous update should go here, but I didnt want to have an extra update just for a few photos later on.

This is called a Vision House. You can tour it, but weve never done it.

They have a small play area for kids next to the Vision House.

Stormstruck is a fun interactive exhibit about natural disasters. We tried it in 2009.

Someone seems to think Innoventions is boring...

Finally it was their turn to get into a simulator.

I think this was Otakus first time. She loved it.

This is when we Tested the Limits and overloaded the system. We got out via the door closest to Mission Space. Maybe we wanted to see if Test Track was running? It probably wasnt, but we did run into the Jammitors.

We listened to them for a while. Theyre pretty cool. Otaku seemed to think so as well, and recorded part of their performance on her ipod.

It was my turn to ride something and I chose Living With The Land. We went down the stairs closest to Soarin and... thats where the line for LWTL started. We encountered the craziest, longest line weve ever seen for that ride! I thought this was supposed to be a low crowd day!! You failed me again, Touring Plans Crowd Calendar. The wait time said 10 minutes, but it obviously wasnt true. Sure enough, it jumped to 90 minutes(!) soon after. It eventually went down to 45-50 minutes and stayed that way the whole time we were in The Land. What exactly did we do in The Land all this time? We had breakfast at Sunshine Seasons! Yep, for once we were reasonable and ate breakfast (though I think we ended up skipping lunch??).

I got the kids French Toast, which were pretty good. Basic, but good.

Ron got some basic breakfast platter I think. It had the usual: sausage, bacon, egg, toast, etc. I guess he liked it.

Otaku had some berry croissant pudding, which she LOVED! She said it really tasted like a croissant.

I also had gotten a chocolate milk to go with my breakfast, as I do most mornings (I dont drink coffee). For some STUPID unknown reason, I decided to shake it. But I did that AFTER I had most probably loosened the cap, because it splattered ALL OVER myself, including on my new (white!) 2013 WDW hoodie (which I dont even remembered when I bought). I was SO sad. This was not turning out to be a good day. SAD FACE. I guess we would be doing laundry that afternoon...

Soon our FP time for Soarin was up, so Ron let me go first to try and cheer me up.

At least thats always a relaxing ride, though I did notice the dust and black spots on the screen a lot more.

We got out to find Ron sitting on a bench near the exit and Claudia sleeping in his arms. He handed her to me and went back on Soarin with otaku using the baby swap. She surprisingly did not wake up right away, though she did wake up soon after.

She had a lot of fun smiling to the little girl and her mom sitting next to us.

Soarin had run out of FPs for the day while we were inside.

It was time to go do laundry and try to salvage my new shirt. We would then head to another park because Epcot was CRAZY busy. First we hit up Club Cool. Wed all tried the Beverly before (we had tricked Otaku back in 2009, fun times!). We decided to try it again to see if it tastes as bad as we remembered.

I told you I was obsessed with Epcot monorail pics. Here are a couple more.

I like this one, though a blue sky would have made it better.

Ron wanted me to take a picture of that crane.

World Showcase, we wont be seeing you today.

And with that, we walked out of Epcot through the International Gateway and went back to Beach Club.

Last edited by ronnmel; 03-24-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #403
monica23535
DIS Veteran

I would have spilled the chocolate milk too so I relate to your frustration lol

Am really not sure why we haven't spent much time in Innoventions... it looks great!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #404
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Oh that darn cat!

We looked so long for it.

When I asked CM about it they were so impressed that I knew and where like you are a Disney "connaisseur". One cm said it in like codes.. It was so weird lol While one told me where it was but I turns out I thought she meant some place else. We finally found it lol It's so huge. Last time we saw it it was on a roof top. We didn't think it was that big hehe

Old 03-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #405
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Bummer about the chocolate milk .. I hope you got it out !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: