Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #331
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I finally had a chance to join in and catch up today! That's such a bummer that you were feeling so poorly. That really can put a damper on the trip. But it sounds like you made the most of it and did do some new things. I saw osborne lights for the first time this past year too and WOW....they are just so neat.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #332
Snooks23
Mouseketeer

Hi!
Ill be catching up on this tonight after work! Loved reading so far.
Snooks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #333
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I finally had a chance to join in and catch up today! That's such a bummer that you were feeling so poorly. That really can put a damper on the trip. But it sounds like you made the most of it and did do some new things. I saw osborne lights for the first time this past year too and WOW....they are just so neat.
I'm glad you made it here. I usually try not to let sickness affect me too much. With nausea it's harder, but I was not going to let that stop me from enjoying Disney!

I'm so glad I got to see the spectacular Osborne Lights! That's great that you saw them too for the first time this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooks23 View Post
Hi!
Ill be catching up on this tonight after work! Loved reading so far.
I'm glad you decided to post.

ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #334
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Day 4 part 3  The One Where We Hit The WALL... of People

After lunch it was time to use our Peter Pan FP so we started walking in that direction. It was CROWDED.

Somewhere in Liberty Square we came across this.

Its a CM holding a sign saying where the line for Haunted Mansion started. It was all the way down by the Liberty Belle Riverboat! I took a few pictures of the surroundings to try and show where the line started, but really all we can see is PEOPLE EVERYWHERE. It was a madhouse!

We continued making our way to Fantasyland, and that is where we HIT THE WALL... of people that is. There was MAJOR congestion in the area between Its A Small World and Peter Pan. We could barely move. Speaking of, IASW now had a 90 minutes wait.

Eventually a CM was able to make his way in the middle of the sea of people and sort of try to direct traffic. We went to park the stroller next to Phillharmagic, then came back and tried to find the end of the line for PP fastpasses. It was way out of the building, and basically more like a blob than a line. Somehow, though Im not sure how, we made it inside the real fastpass queue.

Surprisingly we made it on the ride in about only 15-20 minutes. I pity the poor people in the standby line because they basically had to hold them there forever while trying to shorten the FP line.

Claudia did not appreciate the darkness of the ride and cried a little. She got better at this later on in the trip. She was already fussy to begin with though, so who knows if she really was afraid of the dark or just over tired.

We wanted to get another set of FP for something, but all the return times were for the evening and we would be gone to dinner at that time. We somehow found our stroller in the sea of strollers and decided to walk towards Tomorrowland. On the way there I was checking the Line app on my phone and saw that it was only 15 minutes to meet Minnie & Daisy, so we turned towards Storybook Circus instead. Turns out the standby wait time was actually 40 minutes, so we nixed that idea. While there though we did see that the return time for Dumbo FPs was 5pm! That was perfect for us, so we grabbed them. We checked out Big Top Souvenir as well. Its a very neat store! I did some pin trading on this cool popcorn boxes board.

I got a few more photos of the area on our way to make a pit stop.

This was the pit stop.

Look Peanut! Theres a peanut on the ground.

Nevermind. Youre busy sleeping. I guess that is why she was fussy.

Besides peanuts, there are also different paw prints in the ground.

Instead of going back to the main walkway, we took the secret path to get to Tomorrowland.

It was like an oasis of calm! Probably one of our favorite parts of that day, finding this little hidden gem.

Tomorrowland.

Its interesting to see the grey sky in all the pictures. I seriously do not remember the weather for that day. All I can remember is CROWD.

It might have been grey, but it wasnt cold. We went to Auntie Gravity (I think) and got ourselves a snack. I chose chocolate soft-serve (classic and always yummy) while Ron got a tropical fruit smoothie and Otaku got Strawberry-banana. They liked it, but said it was definetely not as good as the Art of Animation smoothies.

What do you do when in Tomorrowland on a very crowded day?

Last edited by ronnmel; 03-10-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #335
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Day 4 part 4 – The One With The Modes of Transportation

Any good DISer knows that you can always fall back on the Peoplemover when everything else has a line. Well... this too had a line snaking around Tomorrowland. Oh well, not much else we can do at this point, so we jumped in line too.

The ride even stopped for a while and we debated going to do something else, but ultimately stayed in line. I’d say it took about 20 minutes before we got to get on.

I took even more CROWD pictures, because what else was I suppose to do that day?

If you look towards the left of this picture you can see people on the Tomorrowland Noodle Station terrace (is that the name?) That restaurant was opened!

We enjoyed our relaxing ride while I took more photos.

This is our secret path, viewed from above. Look at how EMPTY it was!

Claudia cried inside Space Mountain, so maybe she is afraid of the dark?

The Peoplemover may have had a line, but something NEVER has one, and that is the Carousel of Progress, so we did that next. Ron almost fell asleep! He loves that attraction, but I don’t think he had had any coffee today...

We saw this. That’s almost 4 HOURS to wait for a ride!!! That’s Space Mountain, if you can’t recognize the sign.

By then we had about one hour left before we could use our Dumbo FP, so we thought we would go take the train at the Fantasyland station, get off on Main Street to do a little shopping, then come back to Storybook Circus.

They can’t post a wait time for the train station since they have no way to know how many will get off the train at any station. All they can tell you is how often the train runs, which was every 4 minutes that day. The line was very long, so despite the frequent trains we ended up waiting 30 minutes. Yep, 20 minutes for the Peoplemover, 30 minutes for the train and 220 minutes for Space Mountain, this did NOT feel like a 5.6 crowd. As I said in a previous update, this almost felt like a 10. Thirty minutes is longer than we’ve waited for any rides during our honeymoon. In summer! Christmas really is crazy.

Claudia passed the time by chewing on her new favorite toy, my photopass + card and lanyard.

I apologize to all the photographers who had to handle a wet card, but you gotta do what you gotta do to keep a baby happy. I’m sure other moms will agree.

The older kid did not feel like chewing on toys and instead spent her time with, what else, technology.

Obviously with such a long wait any plans of stopping by Main Street to shop were scrapped. Instead we decided to just enjoy a train ride around the entire park. I was the one holding the baby this time so I instructed Ron to take pictures, but he only took a few. Not that there is that much stuff to see anyway.

We got back to Storybook Circus just in time to use our Dumbo FPs.

Last edited by ronnmel; 03-13-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #336
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Wow, that is A LOT of people. Definitely not a 5.6 if IASW had a 90 minute wait. And 220 minutes for Space Mountain!!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #337
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

No way that was a 5.6 crowd
I do love people mover and carousel of progress though! Sometimes it's nice to break from the crowds (or heat) and relax on those rides! Again, Claudia is super adorable, I love the pics of her sleeping with her hands behind her head

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #338
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Holy COW! 4 hours for SM..and even bigger OMG is 90 minutes for IASW!! I have never seen more than a 10 minute wait for that and I always was shocked to see that! While I would love to go around Christmas, I am just NOT a wait person :/ Glad yall made the best of it, and agreed, gotta keep a baby happy however you can
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #339
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I have noticed the crowd calendar has been so off lately. It was terrible when I was there in Nov too.
I think the new fantasyland is bring in quite a few people right now.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #340
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

I guess we left at a good time. We never really did see those crowds. We were there the 28th-1.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va

lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #341
KatMark
DIS Veteran

WOW! I have not seen crowds like that since we went on the 4th of July back in 2004. I'm so glad we went the week we did for Christmas...it was pretty empty for the holidays.

Peanut is just so cute...each picture is more precious.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #342
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Yikes! Those were some crowds! At least you found some things to do. Those are some scary wait times.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #343
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Holy cow, that's some crazy crowds!! I thought it was kind of bad last week but that was nothing compared to what you had.

I love all the detail in the Storybook Circus area. All of the footprints on the ground are so cute.

I'm anxious to see if Claudia liked Dumbo. That was my favorite ride the first time I went to WDW at the age of 2.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #344
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

220 minutes?? is that for real?? GEESH!!!

I can't believe it was that crowded!! ;(

We never do the PeopleMover or the Carousel of Progress but I am going to make plans to do them next time!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #345
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Goodness! I don't think that I've ever seen a 220 minute wait for Space Mountain. Even during the busiest times we were there, it's only been 120. Not that 120 is good but I think you know what I mean.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: