Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #316
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Day 4 part 2  The One With The Train Ride

After renting the locker we walked back in the tunnel and emerged on Town Square. The Trolley Show was going on. I had no idea this show includes songs from the rope drop show! That was a nice surprise.

We watched the remainder of the show. Once it was over we walked up to the Train Station.

We had already folded the stroller and Peanut fell asleep on Rons shoulder.

One train came and left.

While waiting to board I sent Otaku to take pictures of Town Square and our surroundings.

The second train arrived and we climbed in. Alllllllllll Aboard!

Before long we pulled in at the Frontierland Station. This was our stop.

I had no idea that you had to go through such a long winding path to exit this train station.
I had forgotten that Splash Mountain would already be under refurbishment. We wouldnt be Zip-a-Doo-Da-Daying this trip.

We found a table just outside the side exit to Pecos Bill. Ron stayed there and fed the hungry baby while Otaku and I went inside to order. The door we were sitting next to was exit only, so we had to walk all the way around to the entrance of the restaurant. There were a lot of people everywhere, however one of the express checkout screens was available and no one seemed to notice it, so we used it. It was a super easy process. We barely had to wait two minutes before getting our food. They were very efficient! We hit the fixings bar then tried to cut through the restaurant to the exit right by our table, but two CMs were blocking the way, saying this area was full. I told them we already had a table outside and we were just trying to get to it. One CM was nice and let us through, but the other seemed annoyed. Im sure they must have had a hard day trying to manage all these people, so I cant blame her... too much.

Otaku and I had gotten a Taco Salad to share. It was just as good as I remembered it. Otaku also thought it was very tasty.

Ron wanted to look at the menu himself so we hadnt ordered him anything. He left us with the baby while he went inside (walking all around, of course). By then there was already a line outside the restaurant to order, so it took him a little longer than us. They were still very efficient though and it was not a ridiculously long wait. He got himself a burger, which I did not take a picture of. We all know what a burger looks like anyway. He also made himself a little mushroom and onion salad on the side from the fixings bar.

Luckily, Claudia kept herself busy while we ate. After munching on stroller straps for breakfast, she was now chewing socks for lunch.

We packed up our stuff and left. Another family quickly snatched our table.

Up Next, We Hit The WALL!

Last edited by ronnmel; 03-10-2013 at 02:48 PM.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #317
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Finally caught up! I'm never going to remember everything I have to comment on though! And I'm sick, which makes it even worse, I can't seem to focus on anything when I don't feel good!

I love the Minnie Ears! They have such fancy ones now, I want every pair of them!

Aren't the Osborne Lights magical! I love them! They're one of main reasons I keep going every November/December, because they are just so specatcular! It looked like there were a ton of people there in one of your photopass pictures!

Brandon went crazy looking for that purple cat, but he finally found it once he was ready to give up!

Yay, MK! Always nice to get there in the morning! Looks like Claudia had fun riding the carousel!

Aww, her first haircut at MK! That is too cute, she is so adorable! If I ever have a baby, you can be sure mine will be getting their first haircut in Disney too!

Taking the train is a nice way to relax for a few minutes, isn't it! I kind of wish the Fantasyland stop was in New Fantasyland and not Storybook Circus though, but I guess they had to go with what was already there!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #318
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Claudia looks precious sleeping on daddy's shoulder.

Mark loves taking the train around the park an dwe somehow missed it in December. Guess I'll be making that up to him once or twice on our next trip.

The CM's at Pecos Bills are always a little "surly" with the amount of people, having to sit you, etc.

Peanut's lunch looks very appetizing.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #319
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'm always too impatient to wait to take the train, but I think it would be really nice. Maybe on this next trip when Maddie's walking we'll try it.

I love that taco salad. The fixings bar is perfect for it!

Cute pictures. Love the sock eating one
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #320
AlohaLucie99
Seeing the World through the eyes of my baby

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7922f565.jpg

Hi

Remember I said we were there when Claudia had her hair cut. Well that's my husband in the orange & blue top and me in the blue & white stripes ��

She was so well behaved and everyone was cooing at her!!!!
Little Aloha's Fourth Trip to Disney World June 2012
Little Aloha's Fifth Trip to Disney World Dec 2012
Little Aloha's Sixth Trip to Disney World April 2013
Little Aloha's Seventh Trip to Disney World Oct 2013
Little Aloha's First Trip to Disneyland Resort/Disney California Adventure Feb 2014
AlohaLucie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #321
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I saw the trolley show before I saw the rope drop one so I thought the opposite of you. I thought that the opening show took songs from the trolley show.

I guess it was very crowded if you had to wait for two trains!

I've never eaten at Pecos Bills but the food looks really good. One of these trips I'll make it there.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #322
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Claudia looked so adorable sleeping on Ron's shoulder!

Pecos Bills is one of my favorite places to eat CS at MK, mostly because of the taco salad and wonderful fixins bar! Glad Claudia enjoyed her lunch as well!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #323
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveysbydesign View Post
Joining in the fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroralark View Post
The pictures of Claudia on the carousel and getting her first haircut are too cute!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon2013 View Post
What were you overall thoughts about the quality of the PhotoPass pictures? The second picture of Otaku (with the people/castle out of focus in the background) was a nice portrait shot. Was that a close-up of the first one (done by you in editing) or was that a second shot from the PP photographer?
I LOVED Photopass for our Disneymoon. We had so many great pictures then. This time... not so much. We still had several great shots, like the "princess" photoshoot that morning, but we also had a lot more blurry shots than the last time. I don't know if the quality is descending, or if we were just unlucky. I don't remember if that close-up shot of Otaku was taken by the photographer, or if it was me. If it was indeed me, all I did was zoom in, no other editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
I think it is great that Claudia had so many firsts at Disney so far.

I am also not a fan of the turkey leg-they are always too tendony feeling for me..
I know she won't remember, but I do think Claudia enjoyed her trip.

Tendons AND bones, not a combination I would want to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
Wonderful pictures. Just love all the Photo Pass pictures you got and the pictures of Claudia on the carousel and getting her first hair cut are just adorable!!!! I just love her big eyes.

Hoping you managed to get in what you wanted to do even with the crazy crowds and super long lines.

Looking forward to the next update.
Thank you so much! I do get lots of compliments on her eyes.

I don't want to give too much away, but that MK day did not turn out how we wanted to. Let's just say if I had known the crowds would be that crazy, I would have planned differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Adorable!

Isn't the First Haircut so fun? We did the same with my DS, such a great memory!
Thanks.

Yes, it was a lot of fun! Maria (the CM) was so sweet and made it a very enjoyable experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I think you need to rename your TR.... Something about being the TR filled with cute Claudia pictures!!! Love the carousel pictures, and the haircut!

Also I appreciate the info in photobucket. I had quite a few issues finding pictures after uploading them...
Awww, that's sweet! Thanks! Unfortunately, even though I was feeling better, there are still plenty of things coming up later on in the trip to give this TR its title.

You're welcome.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #324
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

HMM I love Pecos Bills. Wish I had a taco salad right about now..

Bummer Splash was closed down! That is my favorite ride there and I would be so dissappointed!
Second Star to the Right And Straight On till Morning
April 2006- Offsite DH ( was BF) first time
December 2005- Offsite ( Engaged at Magic Kingdom)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-Disney All Star Sports ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012-1 night at Port Orleans FQ
September 2012- 1 night at Art of Animation
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort

Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #325
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Finally caught up! I'm never going to remember everything I have to comment on though! And I'm sick, which makes it even worse, I can't seem to focus on anything when I don't feel good!

Being sick sucks, but at least you're not in Disney anymore.

I love the Minnie Ears! They have such fancy ones now, I want every pair of them!

I know! They really came up with great styles!

Aren't the Osborne Lights magical! I love them! They're one of main reasons I keep going every November/December, because they are just so specatcular! It looked like there were a ton of people there in one of your photopass pictures!

So magical! I can see why you want to go back year after year. There were lots of people, but it wasn't as crazy as it looked. We could move easily and didn't wait too long for PP pics.

Brandon went crazy looking for that purple cat, but he finally found it once he was ready to give up!

So funny that just like us he found it after giving up.

Yay, MK! Always nice to get there in the morning! Looks like Claudia had fun riding the carousel!

Well it was almost the end of the morning by the time we got there. She did have a lot of fun though!

Aww, her first haircut at MK! That is too cute, she is so adorable! If I ever have a baby, you can be sure mine will be getting their first haircut in Disney too!

Thanks! For Disney fans like us, the first haircut in Disney is a must.

Taking the train is a nice way to relax for a few minutes, isn't it! I kind of wish the Fantasyland stop was in New Fantasyland and not Storybook Circus though, but I guess they had to go with what was already there!
Yes, the train ride is so relaxing. As nice as it would have been to have a stop in New Fantasyland, it probably would have made the area even more congested than it already is.

Other replies above in teal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Claudia looks precious sleeping on daddy's shoulder.

Mark loves taking the train around the park an dwe somehow missed it in December. Guess I'll be making that up to him once or twice on our next trip.

The CM's at Pecos Bills are always a little "surly" with the amount of people, having to sit you, etc.

Peanut's lunch looks very appetizing.
Yes she does. She falls asleep on us so rarely now, gotta cherish those precious moments!

I'm with Mark, I love taking the train. I hope you guys take it next trip.

That sucks if the grumpy Pecos Bill CMs are a recurrent thing.

I think socks are her favorite snack.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Gonna come back to finish replies later, Peanut is up from her nap and Otaku is going back to her mom's in an hour.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #326
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Oh geez! You posted sleeping baby pictures!! Why isn't there a heart melting emoticon!! I have a picture similar to that when we took Zoey, she was 1... She fell asleep on me on Kilamanjaro Safari and I walked around with her like that for quite a bit...
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #327
deserrai
DIS Veteran

I've been following along and I just have to tell you your little one is so cute. She looks like just the sweetest little thing ever!

deserrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #328
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

following along and loving your trip report, I too called my oldest "peanut" and my youngest "peapod" when they were babies ....still let the names slip on occasion, cant wait for the next report. Your photos look amazing.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #329
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I'm always too impatient to wait to take the train, but I think it would be really nice. Maybe on this next trip when Maddie's walking we'll try it.

I love that taco salad. The fixings bar is perfect for it!

Cute pictures. Love the sock eating one
I find the train to be the perfect thing to do in the middle of the day when 1. you could use a break (but not enough of a break to go back to the resort); and 2. lines at all the main attractions are long. that way I still feel like I'm doing "something" instead of waiting in line or just sitting on a bench.

Love that taco salad and fixings bar too! Yum!

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaLucie99 View Post
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7922f565.jpg

Hi

Remember I said we were there when Claudia had her hair cut. Well that's my husband in the orange & blue top and me in the blue & white stripes ��

She was so well behaved and everyone was cooing at her!!!!
Of course I remember. That's so cool that I managed to get a picture of you guys! I never would have thought it would end up being in the reflection though! Did we end up in any of your photos?

Thank you for saying Claudia was well behaved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I saw the trolley show before I saw the rope drop one so I thought the opposite of you. I thought that the opening show took songs from the trolley show.

I guess it was very crowded if you had to wait for two trains!

I've never eaten at Pecos Bills but the food looks really good. One of these trips I'll make it there.
That's so funny that you thought the opposite. Classic case of the chicken and the egg.

Just wait until you see how long we waited for the train later that day. We had no idea how crowded it would actually get later tha day, but we would soon find out.

You need to get yourself to Pecos Bill! Sure it's nothing special, burgers and taco salad, but it's very tasty and they have so MANY option at the fixings bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Claudia looked so adorable sleeping on Ron's shoulder!

Pecos Bills is one of my favorite places to eat CS at MK, mostly because of the taco salad and wonderful fixins bar! Glad Claudia enjoyed her lunch as well!
Thanks! I love sleeping babies pictures.

I really could go for that taco salad right now! It's one of my favorite places in MK as well.

Oh yeah, Claudia has socks for lunch often. Or should I say, used to. I don't even bother putting on socks on her anymore unless we are going out since I know they'll just end up in her mouth or on the floor in 3 seconds.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #330
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
HMM I love Pecos Bills. Wish I had a taco salad right about now..

Bummer Splash was closed down! That is my favorite ride there and I would be so dissappointed!
I wish so too! A taco salad would have been a much better dinner than half a bowl of chicken fried rice...

Splash is also one of my favorites ride, but at least I knew that it's always down in January every year so it wasn't too much of a shock. I just had forgotten that we were in January...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Oh geez! You posted sleeping baby pictures!! Why isn't there a heart melting emoticon!! I have a picture similar to that when we took Zoey, she was 1... She fell asleep on me on Kilamanjaro Safari and I walked around with her like that for quite a bit...
Aren't sleeping baby pictures the best? It's not the last one I took that trip! The picture of your sleeping DD must be so cute as well! Btw, I love the name Zoey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserrai View Post
I've been following along and I just have to tell you your little one is so cute. She looks like just the sweetest little thing ever!
Thank you so much! She has quite the character, but when she is smiling/sleeping she is the sweetest little thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
following along and loving your trip report, I too called my oldest "peanut" and my youngest "peapod" when they were babies ....still let the names slip on occasion, cant wait for the next report. Your photos look amazing.
I love the name "peapod"!! We were just talking yesterday about what nickname we could give baby #2. I'll keep peapod in mind for when the time comes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: