Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #241
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post

BLT looks pretty and has the advantage of being on the monorail and within walking distance of MK, but I think BC is more relaxing and has more Disney touches. Still, I'd love to try BLT one day.

I know what you mean about feeling like you "know" all the TR writers or the people who reply to yours (like you guys ) I'll often be talking to Ron and saying "so and so did this, or said that", as if I'm talking about my actual real life friends. Nothing wrong with online friends though, I love you guys!

It's totally normal first trip report anxiety! My first PTR/TR I didn't have as many readers. I was so surprised with the Zombie Apocalypse one when I saw my "views" number growing and growing. When you do start it just advertise yourself by including the link in your signature, and by telling the TR writers you comment on often (like here) that you started one (and include the link). Plus, if you post the word WEDDING in your title, you have a good chance of attracting readers. Sorry for the brain fart, but you're getting married IN Disney, right? If so, that's even cooler!! I, for one, can't wait to read your TR!

We are very lucky with mat leave here. We get 18 weeks of maternity leave and the dads get 5 weeks of paternity. (The first 5 weeks we were off together). Then you get 32 weeks of parental leave, which either just the mom can take, just the dad, both mom and dad together, or share it between mom, then dad. We are doing the last option. I took a total of 40 weeks off (18 + 22) and Ron will take the remaining 10 weeks, meaning he'll be off starting next week. I cannot even imagine being in the states and only getting 8 weeks, and Ron only getting a few days.

I love long replies, don't apologize.

Beach Club is such a beautiful resort and I agree definitely relaxing! We rented DVC points for our upcoming trip and I ultimately decided on BLT bc of its location, I do like the hotel and the rooms but really being on the monorail and the ability to walk "home" from MK was too good to pass up! And if I'm being totally honest I reallllyyy wanted a Magic Kingdom theme park view room Beach Club and Poly are at the top of must do Disney lists though and they definitely win for ambiance

Thank you for your advice on the TR!! I'm gonna "promote" myself I really should start commenting on more of the TRs I follow, I'm more of a lurker lol! I am really looking forward to our trip and wedding and I can't wait to share it! :

We are staying in Disney for 12 days, getting married 6 days after we arrive! We aren't getting married in Disney, actually at the Royal Pacific (on Universal property, the "dark side" lololol) We first looked at a small Disney wedding but realized we could not keep it under 16 guests and the next package was very expensive due to the fact that we are having a big reception at home during the summer so we looked into other resorts in the area and I stayed at RP in 2010 and loved it there so we decided to use their beach location and host a dinner after We are very excited!!

I am so happy that your got to stay home with Claudia for so long, I wish the states would get with it, but ya know we are so busy with all our other junk lmao!! I have to say I don't think it matters how long you get, it is still a difficult adjustment, missing your baby, it does make going home that much sweeter though! :

Loving the report of course and its nice you and your DsD got to spend some quality pool time together, can't wait to see the storm along bay photos!! Your room was beautiful and perfect!!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #242
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Oh, Beach Club looks wonderful! Too bad that the smell made you sick, though ! That's the first time I've heard that one .

Gosh, those rooms are so beautiful and that location is so convenient to Epcot! We are going from AoA to Contemporary next time for the convenience to MK, but I would love to stay at an Epcot resort one day when we do more Epcot visits than MK visits. It's a favorite for both of us, but we're just waiting for the kids to catch up on the obsession.

So lucky that the lifeguard found your lanyard. Phew!

I LOVE ORGANIZATION. Just reading about it makes me happy, seriously.
Thankfully by the end of the week I was able to enjoy the Beach Club like normal people do.

If I were going with young kids like you, I would prefer to be within walking distance to MK as well. This trip it worked out fine to be close to Epcot because it's Otaku's favorite park.

Yes, very lucky!

What you are going to love even more is that we were inspired to organize by what I had read in your TR. We are not very organized people in our everyday lives, but we are realizing that with a baby we HAVE to be organized. Especially after two chaotic days at AoA, we knew would gain from better organizing our room. So Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
Loving the report so far! Can't wait to see what else happens!
Lots of things will happen. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
So happy to see that the room was nice. We have a garden view booked for May and I keep questioning myself if I should have chosen a water view room. Hope to hear more about your room.
I find the price difference between garden view and water view to be too much to be worth it. Plus I think with a garden view you can either get the kind of view I got (trees), or even a courtyard with an oblique view of the lake if you are lucky enough. I think you made a fine choice. We saw the water every time we stepped out of the resort.

Ask and you shall receive. Room update coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Beach Club is such a beautiful resort and I agree definitely relaxing! We rented DVC points for our upcoming trip and I ultimately decided on BLT bc of its location, I do like the hotel and the rooms but really being on the monorail and the ability to walk "home" from MK was too good to pass up! And if I'm being totally honest I reallllyyy wanted a Magic Kingdom theme park view room Beach Club and Poly are at the top of must do Disney lists though and they definitely win for ambiance

I totally agree, BLT for location, Poly for ambiance, and Beach Club is a mix between the two. Magic Kingdom park view will be sensational!

Thank you for your advice on the TR!! I'm gonna "promote" myself I really should start commenting on more of the TRs I follow, I'm more of a lurker lol! I am really looking forward to our trip and wedding and I can't wait to share it! :

Promoting ourselves is pretty much how we all started. Be careful though, once you start commenting on several TRs it becomes even more time consuming and addictive.

We are staying in Disney for 12 days, getting married 6 days after we arrive! We aren't getting married in Disney, actually at the Royal Pacific (on Universal property, the "dark side" lololol) We first looked at a small Disney wedding but realized we could not keep it under 16 guests and the next package was very expensive due to the fact that we are having a big reception at home during the summer so we looked into other resorts in the area and I stayed at RP in 2010 and loved it there so we decided to use their beach location and host a dinner after We are very excited!!

That must have been a tough choice, choosing not to get married at Disney when you are right there. I definitely understand the money situation though, and I have no doubt that your wedding will be beautiful at the location you chose.

I am so happy that your got to stay home with Claudia for so long, I wish the states would get with it, but ya know we are so busy with all our other junk lmao!! I have to say I don't think it matters how long you get, it is still a difficult adjustment, missing your baby, it does make going home that much sweeter though! :

I feel very privileged to have been able to spend all this time with my baby. Today as I was holding her she kinda turned around and positioned herself the same way i would hold her as a newborn and it made me miss that time. I'm not looking forward to going back to work, but at least everybody tells me I have such a great class this year so I have that to look forward to.

Loving the report of course and its nice you and your DsD got to spend some quality pool time together, can't wait to see the storm along bay photos!! Your room was beautiful and perfect!!
Some replies above in TEAL.

I find Otaku and I get along the best when we are just the two of us. When Ron is there, I kinda fade in the background and let them have their time since I know they don't see each other often. We had plenty of other alone time during the trip.

Unfortunately, I don't have many Stormalong Bay photos at all. I have a few posted in the next update (which were taken much later in the trip), but not nearly as many as I would have liked to take.

Last edited by ronnmel; 02-24-2013 at 01:20 PM.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #243
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Beach Club Review part 1 - Common Areas

There are two entrances to the Beach Club resort. This is the front entrance, the one you would see if you were dropped off by Magical Express for example.

Its also the entrance you use to make your way to the bus stop.

Since we arrived straight from Epcot, we used the back entrance. I actually think this entrance is prettier.

No matter how you arrive, you first step into the lobby. It could not be more different than Art of Animation. Its beautiful, elegant, beachy, and smells wonderful.

Off to one side is this long hallway. It leads to the Marketplace, which is BCs souvenir store and small counter-service.

I didnt take a picture of it, but the seating for Marketplace is only a couple of tables right by its doors, and a few more tables outside on a porch.

While we were there the Marketplace had some Christmas themed window displays. I like how the color scheme is turquoise and green.

Also off that hallway is the Solarium. This is a room full of couches and windows where you can relax. There are a few tables so you could eat in there too.

It contains lots of beautiful artworks, most of which have a hidden Mickey in them.

On the other side of the lobby there is another hallway. This one passes by Cape May and leads to the pool and Beaches & Cream.

Ill keep the best for last, so Ill talk about the quiet pool first. You can find it way past the Marketplace, on the way towards Epcot.

This is where you will find the main laundry, in a little outside building.

I did find another laundry room inside the main building, but it was tiny. I think it only had one dryer and one washer, or maybe two of each.

Ok, back to the main pool, Stormalong Bay. Beaches & Cream has a few outside tables by the railing next to the pool. They are shaped like ice cream cones, which I thought was so cute!

The pool itself is breathtaking. Its huge, and has SAND at the bottom. There is even a little beach section for the kids to play in.

I did not take many pictures, so youll just have to take my word for it. The last picture I have was taken from outside the area. It shows the broken pirate ship, which is the start for the pool slide.

Beach Club really is a totally different atmosphere than Art of Animation. At AoA you truly felt immerse in the animated movies. It was 100% Disney, vibrant, and fun. Beach Club instead feels like you are at, well, the beach. Its warm yet airy, upscale without being too snobbish, and very relaxing. You could easily spend hours lazing around here. Well, maybe you could. I found it hard to resist the pull of Epcot and Hollywood Studios being so close...

Up Next, Beach Club Garden View Room
Old 02-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #244
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Oh thank you so much for explaining the resort switch to me i appreciate that.I had no idea what to do,but now I will

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #245
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Beach Club Review part 2 - Garden View Room

I typed up several updates last night and as a reward I'm giving you not one, but TWO updates today.

To get to your room at Beach Club you have to walk through long hallways. Luckily, there are fun carpets to look at along the way. Some even have hidden Mickeys and Little Mermaid characters.

There is a little dresser just as you enter the room. We like to live out of our suitcases so we didnt use it, but I can see how it would be practical.

After that dresser is a closet. The safe is inside there. Opposite the dresser is the sink area.

We used one sink just to wash the bottles, and the other to brush our teeth, wash our hands, etc. There is a little shelf along the back, as well as shelving underneath, so plenty of space for everything.

The bathroom is standard. Pretty small and nothing special.

Unlike AoA there is no privacy curtain or door between the sink area and bed area, so it can be annoying if you like to sleep in total darkness (like we do).

We had a room with two queen-size beds. Those beds are HEAVENLY! I slept so well on those.

In between the two beds is a bedside table, as usual. What is not pictured is that on the other side (the side close to the bathroom) is a little shelf. Its AWESOME! Why arent there more rooms with those? I loved being able to put my cell phone, glasses, and such on that shelf instead of on the floor.
There is a little desk between the bed and the patio door. We often fed Claudia here.

Across from the bed is the dresser. Not only is it very large, but the TV is mounted on the wall so you have a lot of space to put your things. The fridge is behind the door, and next to it is a little pull out shelf where we kept Claudias food.

One of the best things about our room was the day bed. We were able to set up a changing station for Claudia there. We had her clothes, diapers and everything else we needed within reach. It was perfect!

I had requested a full balcony (only about half of the rooms at Beach Club have one). I got one!

Unfortunately, I barely used the balcony. I would have loved to spend each night there, catching up on my trip journal and relaxing before going to bed. At first we had put the pack n play in front of the connecting door next to the dresser, but it was getting directly hit by the light coming from the sink area. Instead Ron moved it to in front of the patio door. I should have spoken up about wanting to use the balcony, as we had enough space to move the pack n play closer to the little desk. We would not have been able to feed Claudia there anymore though.

We paid for a garden view, which means something green. Looking ahead and slightly to the right.

Looking straight ahead.

Looking all the way to the left we could see the Beach Club Villas (DVC).

This is our room from outside. Its on the second floor, the one partially hidden by the trees on the right.

On the way back from Epcot we often used what we called the secret entrance. Its a tiny door completely at the end of the hallways. Its just outside of the frame to the left of this photo.

It almost looks like somewhere you are not suppose to be.

You know how I complained about Art of Animation not having enough hidden Mickeys? Well, no complaint here! One morning I sent Otaku around to take a photo of all the HM in the room. She found all of these, yet still missed some!

Cant see that last one? Here it is zoomed in.

We liked the size of the room. It really made it easier to be organized, which is a huge thing when traveling with a baby. The resort itself is beautiful, and the pool area is so cool. Walking to Epcot (and DHS) cannot be beat. So, whats the verdict between Art of Animation and Beach Club?

We actually prefer Art of Animation. Im not kidding! Beach Club is a gorgeous resort, but despite all its awesome advantages, it just did not feel like home to us. We prefer the theming of AoA, the hustle and bustle of Animation Hall, and the food court is miles better. Its just more us. If one day we can afford the family suites and have the extra space, then it will be perfect. Plus, we had no trouble with the buses. Maybe if one day we manage to rent DVC points well try the Beach Club Villas.

Back to the Trip Report

Last edited by ronnmel; 02-24-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #246
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

ahhhh I love it!!!!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #247
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Beach Club is gorgeous, that's for sure. I agree with you that the back entrance is prettier.

I can understand why you preferred AoA. It feels more Disney. BC does look like somewhere I'd love to stay if it were really a hotel at the beach though!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #248
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Oh thank you so much for explaining the resort switch to me i appreciate that.I had no idea what to do,but now I will
You're welcome. It's really easy, don't stress about it.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #249
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
ahhhh I love it!!!!!
There's a lot to love at BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Beach Club is gorgeous, that's for sure. I agree with you that the back entrance is prettier.

I can understand why you preferred AoA. It feels more Disney. BC does look like somewhere I'd love to stay if it were really a hotel at the beach though!
It is a gorgeous resort. But that's exactly it, at Disney I prefer the over the top Disney feel of AoA. Vacationing on a New England beach or something, I would LOVE to stay at the Beach Club. Like if they transported it to Hilton Head or Vero Beach, it would be perfect!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #250
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

It's absolutely beautiful...BUT I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy you like AoA better! It makes me feel like we've made a good choice!

Julia is really into finding Hidden Mickeys. She would love that BC room! Her little camera would never stop!
ETA: I am honored that my organization obsession inspired you! LOL!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1

Last edited by Fantasyland Mom; 02-24-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #251
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

The Beach Club looks stunning. I'm glad that you enjoyed it, but I understand liking AoA more. I'm a little worried that we'll stay there or at the Poly (my dreams) one day and find that we wish we'd booked a mod.

I would love to laze around the BC, but who am I kidding I don't relax at Disney!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:14 AM   #252
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Great review of the Beach Club!

I've stayed at BC twice and we love the location too, it definitely cannot be beaten.

I'm glad you liked it, but can understand you liking AoA better, especially if you like all the colorful Disney icons etc.

BC is more our cup of tea, but I would give AoA a shot after having a look around in October, it looks great
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #253
FancyNancy
Princess

I actually love that you preferred AOA. I'm staying moderate this trip but only because my mother will be with us and we will need the queen beds. If it weren't for that we would be staying value for sure just because I like the atmosphere better!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #254
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

The Beach Club looks really nice. Mom and I had dinner at Cape May so we got to see some of it. I don't know if I will ever stay at a deluxe. I'm just not in the room enough to justify the extra expense.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #255
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Wow! Wow! Wow! The Beach Club looks amazing and the rooms are so pretty! Your detailed review is perfect for someone who is thinking about a possible Beach Club stay.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: