Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #211
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Day 3 part 1 – The One Where We Eat With Fish

We were switching resorts today so when we got up we started packing. Well, they did because I was nauseous. AGAIN. I don’t remember if it was at that time, but since the Pepto Bismol had worked the day before we decided to buy a bottle of it. I ended up using it several times during the trip.

We called for luggage service ahead of the time we wanted, but they were late despite that. I was afraid we would be late for our lunch ADR. I tried changing it, but never got the line. We had done express check-out, so when luggage service arrived we high-tailed it to the buses. An Epcot bus arrived shortly after and we were on our way.

There was quite a big crowd at Epcot’s entrance. There were also lots of people in line for Spaceship Earth.

We walked straight to Coral Reef and got there just in time for our 11:30 lunch ADR.

I checked-us in and was handed a pager. I gave the camera to Otaku so she could take pictures of the waiting area.

She also took pictures of us.

We waited about 5 minutes. Claudia had fallen asleep in the stroller in the time that it had taken us to walk from the bus to the restaurant, so we brought it inside. She woke up almost right away. We folded the stroller than tried to put her in a high chair. She didn’t like it very much. We were sitting on the second tier, so I think we were too far from the aquarium for Claudia to really be interested in the fish swimming by. We really liked the atmosphere of the restaurant.

This is Peanut during the short period she was in the high chair. We were trying to feed her lunch.

A sting ray passed by.

Then it was the shark’s turn to pay us a visit.

Time for the food. My stomach was still queasy and all I got was bland mashed potatoes. I barely touched them.

Ron and Otaku shared the Appetizer for Two, which consists of Crab Cakes, Fried Shrimp and the Lobster Soup. Otaku ate most of it as she had it as her main meal. I think they liked everything.

Ron had the grilled Mahi-Mahi. He said it was very light and perfect for his appetite at the time.

This fish passed by verrrrrrrryyyyy slowly. We were worried we wouldn’t have time to take his picture.

We had to keep passing Claudia around as she was being very fussy (who wouldn’t be with a 10 minute nap?). Our waitress was okay, nothing special.

I didn’t care that I was sick; I was not going to pass on the opportunity to try the Chocolate Wave. I split it with Otaku. It tasted awesome!!!!

After the meal we went to Mousegear to look for a bag. I have no idea how we thought one small diaper backpack would be enough to carry all our stuff. We were also using a string backpack to carry the lightweight stroller stuff (blanket, sun hat, sun shade, rain cover), but it was still not enough. We chose a nice Mickey backpack. Thank you Hope for the gift card, that’s what we bought with it. :

We walked out of the park, but not the way we came in. We went through the International Gateway as it was time to check-in at our home for the next 8 nights, the Beach Club!

Last edited by ronnmel; 02-22-2013 at 08:53 PM.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #212
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I'm so sorry you were too sick to eat anything at Coral Reef, I know we talked about the chicken a lot before you left. But you did have a pretty good view of the aquarium and got some good pictures!

I can't wait to see Beach Club!!!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #213
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'm so sorry you still weren't feeling well! Glad you got dessert though!

Cute, cute Claudia! Loving all the photos of her!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #214
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post

and thank you!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Is that your first? Are you having a boy or a girl?
Thank you! This is my first. We're having a boy.

We're already considering taking a trip in January 2014. Claudia seems to be such a good traveler.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #215
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Claudia is adorable... While my youngest is only about 1.5 yrs it makes me miss that age.. Maybe its because we decided 2 is enough and I know there won't be another, but they are so muchkin squeezable!

At least you were able to stomach (for at least this part of the update!) the chocolate wave!! I'd take dessert over most main courses anyway We really enjoyed our visit there and the ambiance is so fantastic! Enjoying your updates and keep em coming!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #216
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

So sorry you are still feeling so nauseous. I am so glad that you are powering through and making the best of everything but I can only imagine how awful you must have felt at times.

The pictures of Claudia at the table are so cute. I remember going when my DD was only 16 months. We spent alot of time taking turns eating while someone took her out to the lobby to run around. She had no interest in sitting at the table. At least there was 7 adults that time so everyone was nice enough to take a turn.

Looking forward to the next update.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #217
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Did Ron like the Lobster soup? I thought it was wonderful! So sorry you haven't been able to enjoy any of your meals so far.
Can't wait to hear what you all think of the BC! One of my favorites! The location is so awesome.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #218
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I was hoping that the nausea would have gone away after the Pepto. We really enjoy our meals at Coral Reef. I wonder if they'll let me order that appetizer as an entree when we are on the dining plan. It looks delicious.

The joys of traveling with a baby....I remember those days well and do not miss them.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #219
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Ok, I love reading trip reports. I'm always excited when I see someone has posted an update. This morning started off kinda slow so I decided to start reading a new trip report per Shan's suggestion (thanks, it's hilarious! ) But then it seems that EVERYONE decided to do updates today. And often multiple ones! Couldn't you guys stagger them a little? Just kidding. It took me all day, but I FINALLY caught up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I'm so sorry you were too sick to eat anything at Coral Reef, I know we talked about the chicken a lot before you left. But you did have a pretty good view of the aquarium and got some good pictures!

I can't wait to see Beach Club!!!
Yes, I was disappointed that i couldn't try the chicken. I did ask about getting just a plate of spaetzel, but they said it couldn't be served on its own. I'm not sure I would have appreciated a new taste anyway at that point.

We had a good view, I was happy! I wish we had had a table closest to the aquarium, but since I didn't request it I did not expect it (unlike certain people in your TR if I remember right. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I'm so sorry you still weren't feeling well! Glad you got dessert though!

Cute, cute Claudia! Loving all the photos of her!
I always have room for dessert. As I found out that day, it even holds true when I feel sick.

I'm hoping to post more photos of her from this past month. Can you believe she just turned 8 months? She's almost crawling now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Thank you! This is my first. We're having a boy.

We're already considering taking a trip in January 2014. Claudia seems to be such a good traveler.
That's great! Have you chosen a name yet?

I hope my TR helps you prepare yourself should you decide to take that trip. We tried our best to prepare ourselves, but it wasn't enough. Obviously being sick put a kink in it and made it harder on us. Also traveling with a 13 y.o. helped (extra pair of hands) and made things worse (we both wanted to go out and do all the big rides with her). If you all agree to take things slow, it should help. Also, I don't know if you'll be breastfeeding, but it would have made things so much EASIER if I had been. Obviously I can't change the past and even knowing this would not have solved the problems I faced with breastfeeding, but I just thought I'd let you know. Carrying around 5 bottles full of water and having to wash those every night was a pain. Other than that, yes she was good for the most part. She would take naps in the stroller and did not fuss too much except on a few occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Claudia is adorable... While my youngest is only about 1.5 yrs it makes me miss that age.. Maybe its because we decided 2 is enough and I know there won't be another, but they are so muchkin squeezable!

At least you were able to stomach (for at least this part of the update!) the chocolate wave!! I'd take dessert over most main courses anyway We really enjoyed our visit there and the ambiance is so fantastic! Enjoying your updates and keep em coming!
I'm already missing the newborn stage, so I understand what you mean.

I have no idea why I didn't think earlier of eating something chocolatey. I should've known that even feeling nauseous, my stomach would always be able to digest chocolate. At that point I was basically nauseous because I hadn't had anything to eat in days. Who cares if it's sugar that makes it in, it's better than nothing, no? As you'll see later on in the TR, I very often substituted sweets for real meals.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #220
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
So sorry you are still feeling so nauseous. I am so glad that you are powering through and making the best of everything but I can only imagine how awful you must have felt at times.

The pictures of Claudia at the table are so cute. I remember going when my DD was only 16 months. We spent alot of time taking turns eating while someone took her out to the lobby to run around. She had no interest in sitting at the table. At least there was 7 adults that time so everyone was nice enough to take a turn.

Looking forward to the next update.
It sure did not make things easy to have to pack and go eat while feeling sick. But as you can see in some pictures, I still managed to smile.

She has actually gotten better with high chairs. Already later on in the trip she would last a little longer, then last week I went out by myself o have breakfast with other moms and she spent almost the entire meal in the chair! I'm sure that's about to end soon though, as she starts to be mobile. Then she won't want to sit at the table, like your DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Did Ron like the Lobster soup? I thought it was wonderful! So sorry you haven't been able to enjoy any of your meals so far.
Can't wait to hear what you all think of the BC! One of my favorites! The location is so awesome.
I just asked him and he said "It was good". He is usually a man of many words, but I caught him watching a movie so I guess that's all the answer you're going to get tonight.

I'll be posting Beach Club updates separately from the "story" like I did for AoA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh no! I was hoping that the nausea would have gone away after the Pepto. We really enjoy our meals at Coral Reef. I wonder if they'll let me order that appetizer as an entree when we are on the dining plan. It looks delicious.

The joys of traveling with a baby....I remember those days well and do not miss them.
Well the Pepto did help for the previous day, but I had to take it again that morning as the nausea had come back. Eating the Chocolate Wave did help though, as now I had something in my stomach that I was able to build upon.

It doesn't hurt to ask! I hope they let you order it, Ron and Otaku enjoyed it very much.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:27 AM   #221
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

So glad that you're enjoying her TR! Isn't it great?!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #222
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Ok all caught up!! I'm still bummed that you were still feeling sick, this winter has been rough on everyone!

AK at night is amazing, I remember that being one of the things you were really looking forward to! I won't get to see because we are going in May and it should probably be light the whole time lol! So I'm living vicariously through your photos!

Wooooo Hoooo for BC arrival, I went back and forth back and forth between BLT and BC. I can't wait to see your pics, it's such a beautiful resort and the pool is amazing I've never been to Coral Reef but all your food looks good and Claudia is of course adorable!

I love reading new TRs and I totally agree its like they all get updated on the same day My fiancé thinks I'm nuts over here reading and laughing and he's like do you know these people. I'm like we'll I don't "know" them but I certainly feel like I do He enjoys the food pics!! I want to write a report on our trip, it's gonna be 12 days, 9 park days, a bunch of ADRs, a lot of guests and our Wedding I'm just afraid no one will read it lol Is that normal first trip report anxiety?

And if you don't mind me asking, how much time do you get for maternity leave? We only get 6 or 8 weeks, I know some companies give more but that's the standard here. Luckily, I work with my family and only went back part time so no need for day care bc I couldn't imagine dropping my 8 wk old off with people I didn't know, I really give credit to the working families

Sorry for the long reply, apparently I have a lot to say

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #223
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
So glad that you're enjoying her TR! Isn't it great?!
It is! She has a great style of writing. Thanks for suggesting it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Ok all caught up!! I'm still bummed that you were still feeling sick, this winter has been rough on everyone!

AK at night is amazing, I remember that being one of the things you were really looking forward to! I won't get to see because we are going in May and it should probably be light the whole time lol! So I'm living vicariously through your photos!

Wooooo Hoooo for BC arrival, I went back and forth back and forth between BLT and BC. I can't wait to see your pics, it's such a beautiful resort and the pool is amazing I've never been to Coral Reef but all your food looks good and Claudia is of course adorable!

I love reading new TRs and I totally agree its like they all get updated on the same day My fiancé thinks I'm nuts over here reading and laughing and he's like do you know these people. I'm like we'll I don't "know" them but I certainly feel like I do He enjoys the food pics!! I want to write a report on our trip, it's gonna be 12 days, 9 park days, a bunch of ADRs, a lot of guests and our Wedding I'm just afraid no one will read it lol Is that normal first trip report anxiety?

And if you don't mind me asking, how much time do you get for maternity leave? We only get 6 or 8 weeks, I know some companies give more but that's the standard here. Luckily, I work with my family and only went back part time so no need for day care bc I couldn't imagine dropping my 8 wk old off with people I didn't know, I really give credit to the working families

Sorry for the long reply, apparently I have a lot to say
December and January were really rough. Thankfully, February seems to be better. Obviously that could all change once I start working in the germ factory (a.k.a. school) again.

It's so rare to be able to see AK at night, I HAD to make sure I got to do it, no matter if I felt sick or not. Spoiler alert, there will be more AK at night pictures later in the trip.

BLT looks pretty and has the advantage of being on the monorail and within walking distance of MK, but I think BC is more relaxing and has more Disney touches. Still, I'd love to try BLT one day.

I know what you mean about feeling like you "know" all the TR writers or the people who reply to yours (like you guys ) I'll often be talking to Ron and saying "so and so did this, or said that", as if I'm talking about my actual real life friends. Nothing wrong with online friends though, I love you guys!

It's totally normal first trip report anxiety! My first PTR/TR I didn't have as many readers. I was so surprised with the Zombie Apocalypse one when I saw my "views" number growing and growing. When you do start it just advertise yourself by including the link in your signature, and by telling the TR writers you comment on often (like here) that you started one (and include the link). Plus, if you post the word WEDDING in your title, you have a good chance of attracting readers. Sorry for the brain fart, but you're getting married IN Disney, right? If so, that's even cooler!! I, for one, can't wait to read your TR!

We are very lucky with mat leave here. We get 18 weeks of maternity leave and the dads get 5 weeks of paternity. (The first 5 weeks we were off together). Then you get 32 weeks of parental leave, which either just the mom can take, just the dad, both mom and dad together, or share it between mom, then dad. We are doing the last option. I took a total of 40 weeks off (18 + 22) and Ron will take the remaining 10 weeks, meaning he'll be off starting next week. I cannot even imagine being in the states and only getting 8 weeks, and Ron only getting a few days.

I love long replies, don't apologize.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #224
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Bummer you weren't feeling well and didn't get to eat at Coral Reef. It's one of my favorite restaurants at Disney. Can't wait to eat there next week!

I absolutely love that back pack. Of course that's because it has Pluto on it!
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #225
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Mel, I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well. But I'm so glad you got the Chocolate Wave anyway. Isn't it wonderful? I would go back just for that.

Love the pictures of Peanut in her high chair...she just hasn't the sweetest smile.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: