Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #151
gatormommy07
Mouseketeer

I know it sounds weird, but one of my favorite things to do is mow the grass, so I totally understand you wanting to go shovel snow, I would do that, too, if we had snow, but since we live in Central Florida, not going to happen. lol

I think I have cried everytime a companion has gone away, you get so attached to them and they are always so attached to their Dr. it is just so sad, of course most episodes of Lost make me cry, too. Maybe I am just a baby, my hubby made fun of me last night (not meanly or anything) because we are rewatching the office, and the episode we watched last night, Grief counseling, the one where Michael's old boss dies and they had the funeral for the bird, made me cry!! I also cried through pretty much all of Les Mis when we went to see it on Christmas day. So yeah, I think I am just a big baby. lol
gatormommy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #152
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Sorry you started to feel even worse after your nap. I usually feel worse after a nap too.

However, I love the picture of Otaku with the treasure, and Ron with the treasure and Eric's statue!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #153
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormommy07 View Post
I know it sounds weird, but one of my favorite things to do is mow the grass, so I totally understand you wanting to go shovel snow, I would do that, too, if we had snow, but since we live in Central Florida, not going to happen. lol

I'm so jealous that you live in Central Florida!!!

I think I have cried everytime a companion has gone away, you get so attached to them and they are always so attached to their Dr. it is just so sad, of course most episodes of Lost make me cry, too. Maybe I am just a baby, my hubby made fun of me last night (not meanly or anything) because we are rewatching the office, and the episode we watched last night, Grief counseling, the one where Michael's old boss dies and they had the funeral for the bird, made me cry!! I also cried through pretty much all of Les Mis when we went to see it on Christmas day. So yeah, I think I am just a big baby. lol
I cry all the time while watching TV/movies as well. The end of every companion is so sad. One of my worst crying moment was watching Lilo & Stitch, when Stitch goes out alone to try to find his parents, like the Ugly Duckling. I was sobbing like a baby and both my sleeves were soaking wet from wiping the tears from my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Sorry you started to feel even worse after your nap. I usually feel worse after a nap too.

However, I love the picture of Otaku with the treasure, and Ron with the treasure and Eric's statue!
I always feel more tired after a nap then before. I don't know why I thought it would be different just because I was sick.

I think those kinds of pictures are so much fun, but we often forget to take them.

ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #154
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Just catching up after a long weekend away. I didn't get too far behind!

Bummer for feeling sick at Disney! I hope things got better towards the end of the week.

The food at AOA looks (well sounds in this case) very good. They have some unique items.

Cute pictures with the statues around AOA.
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #155
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Just catching up after a long weekend away. I didn't get too far behind!

Bummer for feeling sick at Disney! I hope things got better towards the end of the week.

The food at AOA looks (well sounds in this case) very good. They have some unique items.

Cute pictures with the statues around AOA.
I have a few more updates typed up, but I'm still waiting for the photopass CD to arrive. Hopefully soon! It has already been 2 weeks since they said they shipped it. In the meantime I'm catching up on the actual trip journal writing. I had gotten so far behind during the trip that I had to resort to bullet points of what we did. I'm relying on those, pictures, and memory to write what actually happened. Should make continuing the TR much easier. Thank you (and every one else) for being patient.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #156
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

GOOD NEWS!!! I got the Photopass CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pictures are uploading to Photobucket as we speak. I should have an update up hopefully by tonight.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #157
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Happy Valentines Day Mel!

I can't wait to hear more!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #158
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Day 1 part 3 The One With the Fight

Soon after getting to the AoA bus stop, we hopped on a bus to the Magic Kingdom. Our plan WAS to leave the stroller at the resort and only use the baby carrier, not venture any further than town square and just find a place to watch the fireworks, and check out the stores around the area (mainly Chapeau)while waiting. How much did we stick to that? Heres a hint, not much! How much did we regret our decision not to stick with the plan? A lot! But Im getting ahead of myself.

When we got to Magic Kingdom I was surprised that there was no line for bag check. And here I was, afraid it would be closed to capacity.

We got a photopass picture taken at the entrance.

As you can see, we brought our stroller despite saying we wouldnt...

We walked under the train station and emerged into Town Square. It was crowded, but I was expecting worse.

We looked through Chapeau and found some interesting Minnie ears, but we werent sure so we did not buy anything. Now here is where we got stupid and deviated from our original plans of staying in Town Square all night. We walked on the right side of Main Street towards the hub. It was relatively easy to walk, not to many standing around on the sidewalk. The castle show was scheduled to start in about 10 minutes, so we got with the crowds in the hub. Otaku was hungry, but the line for Caseys was ridiculously long so we forgot that idea. We folded the stroller and put Claudia in the Mei Tai (baby carrier). Things were not so bad (yet), people were not jam packed. Plus we were standing right at the (taped) line in the ground next to the walkway, so we thought we could make a quick exit if need be. CMs had a different idea however, and kept asking people to move forward and fill in all the available space. We quickly found ourselves surrounded by more and more people. Carrying around a folded stroller is never an easy task, but in a big crowd its really annoying. We were getting more squished by the minute and made the decision to leave the hub. Some family sitting on the ground was very protective of their space on the curb, but when they saw we had a tiny baby they let us walk right through them to get to the walkway to leave the hub. Just in time, too. Not even 10 seconds later did we hear a commotion behind us and saw several CMs rush towards the area where we had just been standing. A fight had broken off! Ron even turned around and saw a guy throw a punch at another guy! I went into mama bear mode and said Get her (Claudia) out of here! (I think Ron was holding her in the Mei Tai).

We cut through the Emporium and got back to Town Square. It wasnt too crowded, but the giant Christmas tree was making it hard to find a decent spot to watch Holiday Wishes. We tried up at the train station, but obviously it was quite crowded. Plus that PITA tree was still in the way.

Finally we settled for somewhere partially behind the tree. The fireworks started, but we couldnt see them well. Claudia did not like the noise and started crying, so we thought about making her a bottle (it usually acts like a mute button ). As I reached into the bag the formula powder spilled all over the bag! That stuff is sticky! I was already feeling bad and this did not help. At least we learned our lesson early into the trip, and put the formula dispenser into a Ziploc bag from that point on.

None of us really enjoyed Holiday Wishes. Ron and I missed half of it because of dealing with the sticky mess and crying baby, but even Otaku who watched all of it said it was just okay. We were not feeling the Holiday spirit I guess. Not having a nice view also played a part in that Im sure.

After it was over Ron quickly walked up to the Train Station to take a picture of the crowds (and the half hidden castle).

We were not having a good time at MK and decided to go with plan B. We exited the park and walked up to the resort monorail platform. We saw the Avengers monorail.

It wasnt that crowded at all since all the (dumb) people were waiting for the express monorail. Before we knew it we were getting off at the Polynesian. There were a lot of people there.

I was feeling okay enough to take fun pictures.

The day I win the lottery Im buying this artwork. (as well as several others)

Otaku was still hungry so we went to Captain Cooks where she got a pepperoni flatbread. I was not feeling any better since I had woken up from my nap hours earlier, so I only got French fries. Ron had something he had been craving for months, a pineapple Dole Whip. Otaku had one too, but she DID NOT LIKE IT!!! She gave it to her dad. Towards the end of the meal I started feeling really dizzy. Not nauseous (for once), just dizzy. We went outside and walked to the beach. It wasnt too crowded, but obviously all the chairs were taken. There was this area that was cordoned off that had several rows of chairs, all with a fresh towel on them. I read the sign and it said it was for concierge guests. I wonder how many of them actually used it that night, since the club level lounge looks out towards Magic Kingdom, and half of the club level rooms face towards the lagoon as well.

The fresh air did not help me feel better and I chose to leave. I left alone because I felt too weak to deal with folding a stroller while holding a baby and a backpack all by myself. Why I did not put her in the Mei Tai and just leave the empty stroller for Ron to deal with, I dont know. She was asleep in the stroller at that point anyway, so maybe thats why. I took the monorail back to MK, then the bus back to AoA with no wait at all for either. I was still feeling dizzy and went straight to bed. I was so sad to be at Disney for NYE and be in bed, but I preferred not to push myself and then regret it later in the trip. I was awoken at midnight by fireworks, Im guessing from DHS.

Meanwhile, Ron and the girls found a good spot on the beach to watch the midnight fireworks.

They were towards the right, near the end of the beach and the pathway that goes up towards the lagoon (I think where they have weddings). They even overheard a CM say the Poly beach was better than inside the park to watch Fantasy in the Sky. Claudia slept the entire evening, only waking up once the fireworks started. Speaking of, Otaku and Ron said they were crazy (good). According to Ron Claudia cried for the first half of the show, but then watched the other half with some interest.

Ron did not take any pictures of it. Instead he took a video of it in its entirety so I would get a chance to see it. Here are a few screen captures from the video.

Ron and the girls came back around 1:15am. Claudia fussed a little, but after she drank some more milk she went to sleep and did not wake up until late the next morning. A miracle, since at home she wakes up several times a night. I think we exhausted her. LOL

I mentioned in the intro how I would be writing about our accomplishments of the day, in order to focus on the positive.

Disney Accomplishments Day 1
Checking in at Art of Animation
First DISmeet ever
Watching Fantasy in the Sky to ring in the New Year (for Ron & Otaku)

Up Next, Will I Feel Any Better The Next Day?

Last edited by ronnmel; 02-15-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #159
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Happy Valentines Day Mel!

I can't wait to hear more!
Thanks! I posted an update just for you! Well, you and all my other wonderful readers.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #160
FancyNancy
Princess

Oh man what a crappy MK Experience. I hate that a fight broke out and that kids had to see it. That's the worst!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #161
Queila
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures os Art of Animation at night. Quite a dramatic feel to it. I think Nemo would be my favourite section of the resort. We are big fans of Cars in our house (the original, not the second one) so I guess any section would be great but I do t see us staying in s suite any time soon.

I'm so sorry you were feeling too sick to stay out for the fireworks but I guess going to rest was for the best.

And what's up with your step daughter not liking Dole Whip? Haha. Beatriz doesn't like chocolate soI guess some people are wired like that. More for us I guess.

Looking forward to reading more.
Queila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #162
katt789
DIS Veteran

Aw man, I know the feeling of a packed MK during holidays, thanksgiving was not fun either!! WOW! As if someone actually threw a punch!! Like, I know things get testy in those crowds, and usually a disagreement will break out, but an actual fist fight, that's intense, glad you guys got out of there!

I really do want to watch the fireworks from the Poly beach, seems like a great idea!! Glad some of your party got to do that! I hope you were feeling better the next day!!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #163
monica23535
DIS Veteran

I can't believe there was a fight!

Sorry you didn't feel up to watching the New Year fireworks, I really hope you felt better the next day!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #164
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow, I can't believe there was a fight in MK! What is wrong with people?? Fighting in Disney, not ok!

Sorry you didn't feel ok enough to watch the fireworks! One of the reasons I'd like to go for New Year's someday is to see those amazing fireworks, they just look so cool, and I'd love to watch them from the Poly beach! Hope the next day is better for you guys!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #165
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Oh man what a crappy MK Experience. I hate that a fight broke out and that kids had to see it. That's the worst!
We had a plan going in for that night and we really should have stuck to it. At least we know not to make that same mistake again. Nevermind kids seeing it, it was so packed in there I really hope no kid got hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
Love the pictures os Art of Animation at night. Quite a dramatic feel to it. I think Nemo would be my favourite section of the resort. We are big fans of Cars in our house (the original, not the second one) so I guess any section would be great but I do t see us staying in s suite any time soon.

I'm so sorry you were feeling too sick to stay out for the fireworks but I guess going to rest was for the best.

And what's up with your step daughter not liking Dole Whip? Haha. Beatriz doesn't like chocolate soI guess some people are wired like that. More for us I guess.

Looking forward to reading more.
I can't even tell you what my favorite section of AoA is. They are all so great! It's too bad those suites are so expensive. Maybe one day they'll finally release a good discount for them and then you can try one.

I was feeling too sick to really be sad about missing the fireworks, that's a pretty good sign that I made the right decision.

Beatriz doesn't like chocolate? :eek You're right, more for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Aw man, I know the feeling of a packed MK during holidays, thanksgiving was not fun either!! WOW! As if someone actually threw a punch!! Like, I know things get testy in those crowds, and usually a disagreement will break out, but an actual fist fight, that's intense, glad you guys got out of there!

I really do want to watch the fireworks from the Poly beach, seems like a great idea!! Glad some of your party got to do that! I hope you were feeling better the next day!!
I really don't get how people can get so upset that they would physically punch someone, especially in Magic Kingdom! I was NOT staying around to figure out what happened, that's for sure.

Watching the fireworks from the Poly beach is a great idea in many circumstances. We ended our Disneymoon that way, and it was very relaxing and romantic. In this case, it was a great way to avoid the crowds. Sure you might not be able to get a lounge chair to sit on, but it's not like you would have been sitting in MK anyway. My friend who did the CP also watched the 4th of July fireworks from there and she said it was the best place! I can't believe you stayed at the Poly once and did not even do that! I know how much you like to go go go all the time, but trust me, it's worth it to slow down for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
I can't believe there was a fight!

Sorry you didn't feel up to watching the New Year fireworks, I really hope you felt better the next day!
It was pretty unbelievable!

Stay tuned to find out how our next day turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow, I can't believe there was a fight in MK! What is wrong with people?? Fighting in Disney, not ok!

Sorry you didn't feel ok enough to watch the fireworks! One of the reasons I'd like to go for New Year's someday is to see those amazing fireworks, they just look so cool, and I'd love to watch them from the Poly beach! Hope the next day is better for you guys!
Fighting is never okay, but fighting in Disney, in MK which is a park with no alcohol, it's just crazy and wrong. All I can hope is those people got kicked out of the park!

I hope you get a chance to go to Disney for NYE one year. And yes, definitely watch the fireworks from the Poly beach! Not only will you avoid the crowdedness, but you'll get the best view. Plus, you guys usually rent a car so you won't even have to go through the trouble of going back to MK to catch the bus. You can just walk to the TTC, or better yet, have an ADR at Kona or Ohana that same night and just park your car at the Poly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: