Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #196
nemmie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post
I'm hoping to stay at the Boardwalk too so I may have obsessively checked the website 600 times to make sure I could really walk to the start...

Well I'm really thankful you did
nemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #197
smec73
Earning My Ears

If we stay at the wilderness lodge, will I have bus transportation to/from the race?

I called the run Disney reservations today. The person I spoke with told me the Wilderness Lodge was a host hotel(even though I didn't see it listed). She could only give me a price for Port Orleans Riverside. What's the deal? Have they not released all the rooms yet??

Last edited by smec73; 03-02-2013 at 06:10 PM.
smec73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #198
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smec73 View Post
If we stay at the wilderness lodge, will I have bus transportation to/from the race?

I called the run Disney reservations today. The person I spoke with told me the Wilderness Lodge was a host hotel(even though I didn't see it listed). She could only give me a price for Port Orleans Riverside. What's the deal? Have they not released all the rooms yet??
I originally called and booked a room at POFQ a few days after registration opened, and I registered. At that time, I asked for price quotes for BC and POFQ, and ended up booking with POFQ (but didn't put down a deposit). I called a few days later, because I decided to change to BC and was told that BC and YC were now fully booked.

I tried again a few days later, and again was told BC and YC fully booked.

Finally I called again yesterday, as I was getting close to the day I had to put a deposit down on POFQ reservation, and the CM told me that BC and YC SOLD OUT on the first day after registration. He said that even if people call and cancel BC and YC now, that those rooms probably would not be put back into circulation for the race discount.

So I went ahead and put my deposit down on POFQ.

Anyone else hear anything similar? I'm really surprised that the rooms are fully booked this far in advance--but it's my first Disney race, so maybe that's typical?
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #199
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I called yesterday and had a similar experience... only with a value. For the dates I was looking at only one resort had availability (POFQ) Pop had sold out for some of the dates I was looking at.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #200
RunnerRen
~Ren~

Hi everyone! DH and I registered for TOT tonight so I thought I would join in this thread! This will be my second RunDisney event and hubby's first; we are super excited to run it together!

Does anyone know why there aren't as many host resorts for this race vs Princess this year??

Time to begin thinking about costume ideas woohoo!!

~All Our Dreams Can Come True, if We Have the Courage to Pursue Them~
RunnerRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #201
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerRen View Post

Does anyone know why there aren't as many host resorts for this race vs Princess this year??

Time to begin thinking about costume ideas woohoo!!
Tower of Terror is A LOT smaller than princess and marathon weekend, so they don't need the same number of host resorts. At least, that's my guess.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #202
fozziepitysthefool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 View Post
I originally called and booked a room at POFQ a few days after registration opened, and I registered. At that time, I asked for price quotes for BC and POFQ, and ended up booking with POFQ (but didn't put down a deposit). I called a few days later, because I decided to change to BC and was told that BC and YC were now fully booked.

I tried again a few days later, and again was told BC and YC fully booked.

Finally I called again yesterday, as I was getting close to the day I had to put a deposit down on POFQ reservation, and the CM told me that BC and YC SOLD OUT on the first day after registration. He said that even if people call and cancel BC and YC now, that those rooms probably would not be put back into circulation for the race discount.

So I went ahead and put my deposit down on POFQ.

Anyone else hear anything similar? I'm really surprised that the rooms are fully booked this far in advance--but it's my first Disney race, so maybe that's typical?
They only hold a certain number of rooms at each host resort for the races. And I am guessing not very many at that! When I went to book ASMu I wanted 7 nights and that exceed the allowable ''race deal'' nights by one or two. I ended up using the regular reservation line and it was only 7 more per night. Did you check the regular rates to see if the difference is worth it? Good luck!

I am now contemplating using the race discount to do a split stay 4 nights at ASMu and three nights at CBR... but am now wondering if there will be rooms available...

fozziepitysthefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #203
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
I'm in for another try! Last year would've been a lot more fun had I not been in so much injury-induced pain, so I absolutely want another shot at it.
Hey V! I'm thinking about it or the 5k.

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #204
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Entered!

Reserved a room at PORFQ for Saturday night. Looking to grab a time to retain my B/C corral placement in January. I have a couple 10k's I am focussing on to help get in front of the masses in this race. Hard to believe I have not pushed a hard race since before 2011.

Not looking to fill my corral, but everyone knows that if you do not have a time to support a sub 2 hour race, you can claim 2 hours even without proof. That will keep you out of the masses in the end. Oh, wait, I can claim a time quicker than 2 in a 10 miler.

Goals for 2014 to run every WDW race... This race sets me up for a better corral; I hope
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #205
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hey V! I'm thinking about it or the 5k.
Hiya! Go for the full 10

You all are killing me with room bookings! I can't do anything on that until AP rates come out. Could be months!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #206
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Hiya! Go for the full 10

You all are killing me with room bookings! I can't do anything on that until AP rates come out. Could be months!
I am also awaiting discounting for the fall, but have always made sure I had a room where I wanted first then revised once the discounts came out.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #207
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

So I'm very lucky (and spoiled) my parents go around this time each year and book us rooms at BWV using DVC points. Was even able to change once they updated the date (can I say frustrating!). However, did Princess last year and they didn't have enough points to share, so I rented some at $10 a point through one of the forums - think we paid $470 total for two people in a studio for 4 nights. Granted, pretty seamless transaction as we have a DVC account we could use, but I recommend if you're set on going.
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #208
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

I'm in again for the 10 miler and probably with 5k with a bunch of friends.
poohbear8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #209
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8
I'm in again for the 10 miler and probably with 5k with a bunch of friends.
Shoot - forgot to say two of us in and staying at BWV Fri - Wed. Hoping for MVSHP Fri night, hanging at pool Sat then race and parks rest of trip.
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #210
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
Hiya! Go for the full 10

Well, you are twisting my arm. Thing is, can't see so good at night. Just signed up for a 1/2 here in Port St. Lucie on 3/23. Oh boy!

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: