Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
AprilJ26
Mouseketeer

Some questions...

We'll be in WDW May 26-31. Trying to decide on our park plans. Here's my dilemma with a few of my park days:

Sun. 5/26 - arrival day - AK - probably arrive at the park between 2-3 pm. AK is open until 8 that day. We've ALWAYS done RD at AK, so how bad of an idea is this late arrival? The reason we are considering it is so we can spend 2 full days at MK instead. If we don't do AK this day, we would go to MK instead. But MK has evening EMH and I'm assuming it will be packed for Memorial Day wknd, too.

Tues. 5/28 - MK (maybe) Here's the problem. Should we do MK on Tues and Wed OR pick one of those days and then do MK with morning EMH on Thursday? If we pick one, I'm assuming Wed. would be better than Tues. ??? I don't know. We've never done an EMH because we don't buy park hoppers and don't want to be "stuck" in an overly crowded park all day. What are your opinions on this?

If can make a decision on these particular days, the rest will fall into place. I know I have plenty of time to plan this, but I just like to have everything decided before our trip. I'm a planner. I don't necessarily plan our attractions out, but I do like to know which days we're doing which park way ahead of time so we can decide on meals, etc.

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated!

AprilJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
rpbear
DIS Veteran

At one of the touring plan sites AK is listed as the best park for Sunday May 26. My family has had good luck going to AK late in the afternoon. Most people do arrive at RD and stay through the parade and leave. We have had short wait times after 4 in the afternoon.

It has been too long since the last trip. Adding a ticker finally for my next trip.
rpbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
AprilJ26
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpbear View Post
At one of the touring plan sites AK is listed as the best park for Sunday May 26. My family has had good luck going to AK late in the afternoon. Most people do arrive at RD and stay through the parade and leave. We have had short wait times after 4 in the afternoon.
Thanks! Sounds great!

AprilJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: