Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #31
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Joining in. We will be there May 25th - June 8th. My DS8 loves Pirates and Star Wars also(in fact we will be there for SWW). My DS has done Jedi Training 8 times and still loves it. We are also going in September with our extended Family which includes my niece who will be 6. She is a huge Princess Lover.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #32
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer

More shopping?! I'm gonna be broke at Disney!

So, I went and did a little shopping (okay, okay more than a little...) and I got tons of awesome Disney goodies that I am going to have delivered to our room while we are there! I will have to take some pics tomorrow, but I got coloring pages, picture frames, glow wands, and more stuff I can't remember at the moment! I also keep getting cute clothes (dresses and t-shirts) that I find from second hand FB groups I am in. I need to stop or I won't have any fun money for the trip!!

On a personal note, I need to have 4 teeth pulled in the coming weeks, so keep me in your prayers! Two wisdom teeth on the left side (the two right ones were pulled a few years ago) and both 6 year molars. I tried yesterday to do it, but I panicked and ran, literally, out of the office. So, this time they are putting me to sleep. They want to do 2 at a time, but I want it all done at once. It's a lot of money to be put to sleep, so even though it will be more uncomfortable, I need to save the money. I am self-employed, so a friend of mine will take over my clients while I need to be out of commission to recover.
2 Princesses and a Prince visit for the fisrt time ~ April 2014
April 2014 PTR
Jennifer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #33
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about the teet. I had all of my 4 cut out and would only do it while being under so I can totally relate! I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #34
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Prayers on the teeth extraction. I am a big chicken when it come to dentists. I was put under to have my Wisdom teeth pulled and even with that they had to give me a valium to take the morning of so I could get up the courage to even let someone take me to the dentist office. Heck I even have to have gas just to have my teeth cleaned so I can really relate to dental anxiety.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #35
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post
Sorry to hear about the teet. I had all of my 4 cut out and would only do it while being under so I can totally relate! I hope you have a speedy recovery!!
Thank you! I am more nervous about the wisdom teeth because they aren't even all the way through yet! EEEK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
Prayers on the teeth extraction. I am a big chicken when it come to dentists. I was put under to have my Wisdom teeth pulled and even with that they had to give me a valium to take the morning of so I could get up the courage to even let someone take me to the dentist office. Heck I even have to have gas just to have my teeth cleaned so I can really relate to dental anxiety.
I'm glad I'm not the only one!
April 2014 PTR
Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #36
MyKidsMom1820
Mouseketeer

I almost cut and ran when I got my wisdom teeth out, I was glad they put me under, I would highly recommend that route. Also make sure you gargle with salt water! ALOT! hang in there! you will be in my prayers!

Stock up on easy to prepare soft foods!

April 2011- First Family Trip- AllStarMovies

MyKidsMom1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #37
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

I had all 4 wisdom teeth out at the same time. I hated it.

But it is a necessary evil as far as I am concerned.

Yuk!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #38
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer

Shopping, planning, and re-arranging!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have been a busy little bee over here! I have a HUGE problem when it comes to planning... I have to plan every last detail!! Yes, I know a lot of it will change at some point, especially once we are there, but I still feel like I am completely unprepared if I don't at least have a good idea in place. Soooo, that being said, I researched EVERY restaurant I have an ADR for. I am pretty happy with my choices, except for one. I called my TA today and asked her to change it. We were scheduled to have dinner at Hollywood & Vine on our HS day (day 2, I believe). I thought it was a character dinner, but it isn't. I asked her to either switch it to breakfast OR if that wasn't available, to try and get us into 1900 Park Fair for dinner that night instead. Fingers crossed one of those work out!!

I also received my park maps in the mail, but of course I wanted to add things I hadn't thought about when I ordered them, so they are no good now. I have a plan written out for each day, from when we will wake up, to what order we will do the rides and other attractions in, to meals, and even including what time we should get to bed! (Told you I had a problem!)

I have also been doing some shopping!! I won't bore you with pictures of clothes, but I have gotten several Disney T-shirts, tank tops, dresses, etc. for the kiddos! I even got transfer papers today so I can work on making a few personalized t-shirts! Here's what else I got:
[IMG][/IMG]

2 travel first aid kits, mickey band-aids, princess band-aids, princess ziplock baggies for snacks, batteries (for my camera!), 3 packs of sanitizing wipes (mickey, princess, cars), 2 autograph books (thinking about getting one for my youngest, too), picture frames (minnie, phineas and ferb, and princess), 2 glow wands, a princess wand, and more glow wands (Belle, Cinderella and Iron man (?))
April 2014 PTR
Old 02-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #39
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer

WOOHOO!!! Just found out that my TA was able to get us into breakfast at Hollywood & Vine! My DD(2) is going to flip!!
April 2014 PTR
Old 02-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #40
Kitkat6595
Mouseketeer

That's great news!!!

Where did you get your autograph books from? Somewhere cheaper than the parks?

Previous Trips
May 1987 - off-site
March 1996 - off-site
March 2003 - off-site
June 2013 - off-site, Windsor Hills
Kitkat6595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #41
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat6595 View Post
That's great news!!!

Where did you get your autograph books from? Somewhere cheaper than the parks?
I got them from the disney store's website. They were $7.95 each. I've never been to WDW, but I heard they were like $13 there so I wanted to have them before we went!
April 2014 PTR
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #42
jaylensmom
Mouseketeer

We'll be there the same time you are but we're staying offsite...I was a little bummed since it's our first time but we had an offer we couldn't pass up...I'm totally with you when it comes to Disney now...I am obsessed

I need to be as organized as you...I'm still trying to figure out ADR's...
jaylensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #43
Kitkat6595
Mouseketeer

Oh thank you! The Disney Store is having their friends sale now and everything is 25% off. I have a few shirts in my cart, but I'll have to see about the books. Is that where you got the light up twirly toys (or whatever those are...hehe)?

Previous Trips
May 1987 - off-site
March 1996 - off-site
March 2003 - off-site
June 2013 - off-site, Windsor Hills
Kitkat6595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #44
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat6595 View Post
Oh thank you! The Disney Store is having their friends sale now and everything is 25% off. I have a few shirts in my cart, but I'll have to see about the books. Is that where you got the light up twirly toys (or whatever those are...hehe)?
The light up character wand things were at Target for $5 each! They were in the toy section, in the aisle with their "value" toys. When I found them at my local Target, these were the last 3 they had! I thought it was fate LOL
April 2014 PTR
Old 02-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #45
Jennifer84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylensmom View Post
We'll be there the same time you are but we're staying offsite...I was a little bummed since it's our first time but we had an offer we couldn't pass up...I'm totally with you when it comes to Disney now...I am obsessed

I need to be as organized as you...I'm still trying to figure out ADR's...
If I found a great deal offsite I would do it too!! I am working with a travel agent for this trip, but she told me when she booked my ADRs that a few of them were the only times available for the days I wanted them. I hope you guys have a magical trip, too!!
April 2014 PTR

Tags
first disney trip, pre trip report, ptr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: