Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
ChiSoxKeith
DIS Veteran

Photo Contest rules, voting links, and upcoming contests - 2012

Currently Active Contests
Accepting entries: Christmas at the Resorts here
Final Voting for New in 2012 here

Disboards Weekly Walt Disney World Photo Contest Rules and Topics 2012

Contest Rules:

A new thread will be made for each contest. Post your entry as a reply to that thread. Refer back to this post for links to the contests, and voting threads.

To post your photo, first upload it to a photo hosting site (see tips below for ideas), click on the button and enter the URL of the image (it should end in jpg, gif, png, etc).
  • Photos must be your work. Please no PhotoPass photos (or photos of PhotoPass monitors).
  • 1 submission per member, per contest.
  • Once you post your picture, please do not replace it.
  • Winning photos (top 3) may not be submitted to future contests.
  • Photos should be no larger than 1024x768
  • Unless otherwise specified in the contest, photos may be taken at any Disney park, resort, ship, store or other Disney related location worldwide, at any time. Photos taken on an Adventures By Disney trip may also be entered.
  • Voting will start generally within 12-18 hours after the contest ends. If there are less than 12 entries, 1 poll will be posted, and will be open for 7 days If more than 12 there will be more polls with a final poll consisting of the leaders from the previous polls. To ensure that there is no more than 2 rounds of voting for any one contest, only the first 144 entries will be eligible for voting.
  • No breaking park rules in taking of photos. (no flash on dark rides, no unauthorized backstage shots, no venturing off the paths, etc.)

Minor enhancement of photos is permitted (see below), but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.

Modifications Not Permitted:
  • No borders or frames may be added to images.
  • Adding or replacing elements in an image is not permitted.
  • Artistic filters are not permitted (with the exception of conversion to B&W)

Permitted Modifications:
  • Images may be cropped, resized and rotated as necessary.
  • Red-eye removal
  • One-step enhancement (such as "AutoFix", "QuickFix", "Auto Levels", etc.)
  • Minor use of filters to sharpen, soften, blur, despeckle, or remove noise.
  • Minor use of corrective functions to improve the natural appearance of the image, such as white balance, levels, contrast, brightness, curves, intensity, tone, hue, saturation, lightness, value, color balance, desaturation and tint. If it can be done in a step or two its okay, if it takes you 20 minutes to edit the photo, its no longer "minor".

Tips:
  • You can check the size of an image in Internet Explorer by right clicking on the image and selecting Properties, the size will be shown in the box that popsup. Firefox users can right click on the image and select view image, the size will be displayed in the title bar.
  • Some ideas for photo hosting sites are available here.

Contest Schedule

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
  • New in 2012 (Dec 3 9)
    Entries: here
    Final Voting: here
    Winners:
  • Christmas at the Resorts (Dec 10 16)
    Entries: here
    Final Voting:
    Winners:
  • Christmas at the Parks (Dec 17 23)
  • Post Card Photos (Dec 24 Dec 30)

Past Winners
You would think the 60+ minutes I put into running the weekly photo contests would allow me to put a link in my signature letting people know about the Disney related iPhone projects I work on. You would be wrong.

Last edited by ChiSoxKeith; 12-10-2012 at 09:11 AM.
ChiSoxKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Gogi17
Earning My Ears

Thank you

Thank you for the information on the contests. Are there prizes associated for the winners? I plan on submitting entries with or without the prizes- just for the fun of sharing favorite photos!
Gogi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
disneyweddingoct2013
Earning My Ears

Hi I know this probably isn't the right place to ask this but I was interested in joining the photo comp for the Disney Mountains. How do I join? The link takes me to a page about the parks and their are no pictures there. Sorry to bothersome. Hope you have a wonderful day. :D
Old 05-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

No prizes, just the satisfaction of winning! All you need to do to enter is to post a picture in the contest link. Once the week is over, a poll with the pictures is posted, and we all vote. It's all good, clean fun!

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
choco_latae
My family, the Disney Family

I guess there is no more weekly photo contests? No one has posted any since December 3012. Ive been asking but no one reply's. I enjoyed them so much . Oh well. I guess no one cares anymore .

Time for another Disney Trip.
choco_latae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by choco_latae View Post
I guess there is no more weekly photo contests? No one has posted any since December 3012. Ive been asking but no one reply's. I enjoyed them so much . Oh well. I guess no one cares anymore .
I'm going to miss them!
LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: