Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #76
jlima
Beep Beep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
For a long time every time I saw a family/group/crowd with the CM's in the plain vest I figured celebrity. But not anymore. It appears so many families are paying and having private tour CM's for their vacations at DL.
Club 33 members now get 5 private tours per year. They can give them away to others. This may be why you see more plaids with private tours in the parks. It's a use or lose benefit, so you may see a lot of tours in November in December - generated by Club 33 members getting their tours in for the year.

Port Orleans Nov 91 (Honeymoon!) • Dolphin Nov 99 • Dolphin & 7 day Magic cruise July 01 • HRH & Poly June 04 • HRH May 05 • West Coast Magic Cruise June 05 • HRH Sept 06 • Wilderness Lodge July 07 • West Coast Magic Cruise June 08 • HRH & Coronado Springs Dec 08 • HRH, Wilderness Lodge & 6 day Christmas Magic Cruise '11 • DL AP holder since 1989!!
jlima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #77
Tinkerbelle's Mom
Will clean houses for tags!

DD and I have seen a lot of Disney Channel stars: The mom from good luck charlie, the girls from shake it up chicago (Rocky and Cici), jake short from ant farm and the guy that played the wolf on Wizards of Wavery Place (Alex's boyfriend). We have also seen some kids from victorious. We have seen sports players too.

The Disney channel people dd has gone up to and asked to take a photo. They all have been great about it! They also will talk to her for a minute. THe mom from Good Luck Charlie was super awesome with DD.

The sports players we don't go up to.
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #78
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Saw Zendaya from Shake it Up! on the way to the red carpet for Carsland Grand Opening. DBF and I and my family saw John Lasseter on top of a building during Media Preview Day. Met George Kalogridis while waiting for them to open the park on Grand Re-Opening.
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #79
Eeyore11081
Mouseketeer

Saw Kobe and his daughter late January 2008 on a Tuesday walking past Big Thunder Mtn. Had one CM hovering around. A few of us took some pictures of him (not with him), but otherwise he was left alone.

DLR: 2004, 2005, 2006 (Anabella), 2007, 2008, 2009 (PPH), 2010 (DLH), 2011 (PPH), 2012 (PPH), 2013 (Anabella)
Eeyore11081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #80
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I'm going to move this thread over to the Disneyland Community forum, as it's not related to planning trips.

As Disney Dreams and Kerri/pixiewings71 have already mentioned, this subject has come up in many threads in the past. I've posted my other sightings in those threads.

It's interesting to read about who has been spotted more recently, as many of the celebrities are really big names. In the old, old, old days you'd never really see anyone extremely famous at Disneyland. These days, however, some of the most famous people have kids, and so they slap on their caps and sunglasses and try to wander around, unrecognized, in the parks.

As for celebrities I've recently seen, I experienced my biggest 'A-List celebrity' sighting to date just last month, on December 11th (A Tuesday afternoon). I saw Gwen Stefani, her (very handsome) husband Gavin Rossdale (of the rock band Bush) and their kids, a nanny and some random man on Buena Vista Street in DCA, near to where the Bell Ringers were performing. In fact, at one point Gwen strutted over to their area and I thought that she was about to join in with them, singing Christmas songs! (She was actually just alerting the random man that they were leaving before they all went through the turnstiles and headed across the Esplanade to DL.) Gavin was standing by himself for quite a while, and Gwen appeared to be getting something from First Aid.

I have a couple of pictures of the backside of Gavin and Gwen (especially Gavin) in my "Candlelight & Cannonballs" TR, which is linked below in my signature.

Another one of our DIS'ers - Laurie/DizNee Luver - saw Gwen before and after I saw Gwen on that same day in December 2012. Laurie first saw her in Cars Land, riding Mater's Junkyard Jamboree with one of her sons. Laurie's husband got a great, clear, close-up picture of Gwen on the ride, which is in her TR, entitled "10 Mths of WDW Planning Leads to...Disneyland!"

Then, later on, after I saw Gwen and family on BVS, Laurie again saw Gwen & company exiting POTC in DL! When they were getting off of Pirates they were apparently accompanied by security. When Laurie saw them in Cars Land (and when I saw them on Buena Vista Street), they were not accompanied by security!

In December 2011 (also on a Tuesday) I rubbed shoulders (literally) with well-known Disneyland fanatic Holly Madison (of "The Girls Next Door" fame). We were both caught in the same crowd of people in Town Square and she was heading one way while I was going in the opposite direction, so we bumped arms. Since I was right next to her I said "Holly," very quietly. She looked up and shyly smiled. That was it.

The day after I saw Holly Madison in Disneyland, I saw Zach Galifianakis of "The Hangover" fame (by himself) in the Grand Californian Hotel. I happened to be crying (and sick) at the moment (read about that mess in the "Aunt Betty's Weepy, Wacky, Wonderful..." TR in my signature below), so I was barely paying attention to anyone around me. I looked up as I was coming in from California Adventure and saw a familiar face headed in the opposite direction. I'm not sure where he was going. He could have been headed to DTD or to DCA, or he could have been headed to Napa Rose. Who knows? I realized who he was (I'm a big "Hangover" fan), and noticed that he had this look of "Oh no, someone recognized me. I hope she doesn't bother me." Either that, or the look was "Who is this crazy crying person staring at me?"

Because I was so distraught at the moment I didn't think much about seeing Zach for a while. It was only weeks later that I began to think, "Hmmm...I wonder if he was meeting up with some people at Napa Rose for a business meeting or something?" I think I read somewhere that there was some freeway footage shot last year in Orange County for the third "Hangover" movie (probably just scenes of the guys driving), if I'm not mistaken, so if that's accurate it's possible that Zach could have been at the GCH in Dec. 2011 for some sort of "Hangover"-related meeting. One never knows.

...And if I had seen Bradley Cooper strolling by himself through the GCH (as Zach was), you can bet I would have quickly snapped out of my weepy mood...and then probably fainted or stopped dead in my tracks, unable to speak.

So what I have learned is that Tuesday seems to be a good day to see famous people, and the GCH is probably a good spot to see them too (over the other 2 hotels).

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 01-28-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #81
LoveDisneyAZ
Earning My Ears

We have seen Melanie Griffith, Lisa Marie Presley, and Sandra Bullock.
My husband saw Melanie Griffith entering the park with her family a couple of years ago (I only saw the back of her head lol).
We saw Lisa Marie Presley a few months ago near Splash Mountain. I was standing like 5 feet from her trying to put our baby down for a nap while my husband rode Splash and thought she looked familiar but it took me a minute of staring lol to figure out who she was.
We saw Sandra Bullock this past December with her son. We saw her 2 days in a row, at Cali Adventure and then DL. She actually boarded Peter Pan right in front of us.
It if weren't for my husband being observant, I probably wouldn't have seen any of them...he definitely notices things more than I do.
LoveDisneyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #82
RayB
Mouseketeer

Recent sightings were Brad Garrett, Hale Berry--lots of male drooling observed, John Stamos--lots of female drooling observed, oh yeah Al Bundy too.Amazing amounts of them on weekends.
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #83
guemesgirl
Earning My Ears

Chris Rock and family getting on at Tower or Terror...led in by a VIP CM and got ride all to themselves.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #84
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

I worked there during the Pirates of the Carribbean premiere so I saw lots of stars that day. I got to help Kelsey Grammer when he bought his photos one year and I have pictures of Johny Depp, Hugh Jackman, Holly Marie Combs and a few others. It's been more than a few years but it was always exciting seeing a celebrity in the park
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #85
happydisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Funny story. On our last trip, I saw the teacup and wanted our pictures in it but another family got to it right before us. I asked them if they wanted me to take their pictures so they could all be in it and afterwards they took our pics for us. The wife and I were laughing about how seldom it was to get the whole family together in one picture. Then all of a sudden dh asked the guy if he was so-and-so. The guy said yes and then he and the kids got pictures with this guy. Such a nice down to earth family. I asked dh about who this person was they were taking pictures with and turns out he was a famous actor and a main character in a current movie that was out and was in several other big name movies. Unfortunately I am so bad at recognizing actors and their names that I had no clue who he was until we got home and dh pointed him out. We've seen others like Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and some of the other Disney channel characters.

happydisneyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #86
emmybee
Earning My Ears

A couple of years ago we saw Scott Baio walking by the Pirates ride. Neat-o!
emmybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #87
EsmeCullen
Mouseketeer

Years ago my mom saw Josh Groban in California Adventure while I was in Disneyland. I remember beating myself up because I missed him

Also when my brother was in middle school back around the year 2000 or so, he went to Disneyland on a school field trip. He got hurt on Tom Sawyer's Island and a man walked up to him, the group of kids he was with and their chaperones to check on him. That man was Tom Hanks. What an awesome guy

WDW MK 1984, WDW Epcot 1985, WDW MK 1988, WDW EPCOT 1991, WDW MGM EPCOT MGM 1992, DL 1996 Magic Music Days, DL 2000 gradnite, DL 2001 for DCA opening-GC Hotel, DL DCA 2004, DL DCA 2005, DL 2006, DL DCA 2008, WDW EPCOT 2009, WDW ALL PARKS 2011, WDW MK HS 2012, DL DCA 2013
EsmeCullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #88
iKristin

DIS Veteran

I saw Baylie and Riley last April in DCA; they play Hope on 'Raising Hope' and then in October this past year I saw Ryan Adams and his wife Mandy Moore.

iKristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #89
Michael623
WDW 37 trips, DL 10 trips, DLP 2 trips, Currently DL AP holder

We saw Chris Elliott (Get a Life, one of my favorite TV shows of all time) and NBA Hall of Famer Chris Mullin.
Michael623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #90
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

I am pretty sure that I spy-ed Garfield in NOS, where he was all sprawled out in his glorious gargantuan cat laid back style, he was sunbathing. Some tourists were taking pictures of him, and one tried to wake him up for his autograph or should I say pawtograph but to no avail, for not even a kid tickling him under his nose could rouse him from his sunning splendor. I hear if you wave a churro under his nose that will wake him up, but he had hit all of the churro carts before napping so the park was churroless for awhile. double

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

~~ Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose ~~ Janis
Gisele is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: