Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #46
junmatno
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altheda
I've been to Disneyland 3 times, and each time I've seen a "celebrity"! My first visit I saw Justin Timberlake with Jessica Biel, second visit I saw Joe Manganiello, and last but not least Christian Bale with his family.
I LOVE BOTH JESSICA AND JUSTIN!! He is so multi talented, I probably would have sidled up and told them that I loved there "Cathy/Jessica Rabbit" skit during weekend update on SNL!
junmatno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #47
bsbspaz
Earning My Ears

I saw the Backstreet Boys there in November (when they were there for the parade taping). Saw them when we were leaving Pirates and they were coming in the exit, and then ran into Kevin by a churro stand. We saw Busy Phillips (from Dawson's Creek and Cougar Town) while we were eating during that same trip.

On Sunday, we were next in line to get in Toy Story Mania when they made us wait. And then Christian Bale and his family walked in! We got to ride right behind them. That was pretty awesome.
bsbspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #48
bcla
DIS Veteran

I always wondered how they handled it.

I do remember visiting several **ahem** gambling houses in Nevada which have high limit rooms. Often celebrities play there. In particular, Harrah's Lake Tahoe gets a bunch when there's a celebrity golf tournament every summer. Just at the entrance to their high limit room there's a sign that says "Please respect the privacy of our celebrity guests."
bcla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #49
lisachrystine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Oh....I would have been twitterpated to see Pierce as well, I've loved him forEVER! LOL
Not at DL, but my mom was at Legoland when they did their tree lighting a few years ago. Pierce was the celebrity guest. She was in line in one of the stores behind his wife and she made a comment about wondering why it was so crowded and (my mom or her sister - can't remember who) said "uh... it's because of your husband!"

DH just reminded me that we saw Drew Brees several years back when he was just starting out with the Chargers. He was eating lunch with his family. DH was star struck - most celebrities don't do much for him - but you put a sports star out there...
Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #50
Spirit Mage
Earning My Ears

Erik Estrada was sitting in front of me during an Aladdin performance. And one time, I saw Ryan Seacrest (spelling?) and Justin Beaver in front of Captain EO. I guess they were filming something, I didn't stick around to see. I didn't really care about any of them, though. No, not even Justin LOL.

I was house sitting for my friend last month while she went to Disneyland and her daughter met John Stamos while they were there. I was so mad LOL. He's never around when I'm there!
Spirit Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #51
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Mage View Post

I was house sitting for my friend last month while she went to Disneyland and her daughter met John Stamos while they were there. I was so mad LOL. He's never around when I'm there!
He was a candlelight narrator.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #52
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisachrystine View Post
DH just reminded me that we saw Drew Brees several years back when he was just starting out with the Chargers. He was eating lunch with his family. DH was star struck - most celebrities don't do much for him - but you put a sports star out there...
Speaking of football players, has anyone every been to DL or WDW after the Superbowl when the player paid to say "I'm going to Disneyland" in response to "What are you going to do next?" makes the requisite appearance.

I do remember back in the 90s, the San Francisco 49ers won and both Jerry Rice and Steve Young were arranged to say it together if they won. They couldn't get their lines straight and said something like "I'm going to Disneyland. No Disney World." Disney took that opportunity to make a national ad where they actually promoted both parks together with a split screen at the end.
bcla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #53
larina
DIS Veteran

We saw Travis Barker from Blink 182 having breakfast at Storytellers with his family (and a bodyguard) the day after Christmas. I have a pic of him with my then 17 year old daughter and he signed my younger daughter's autograph book right along with all the Disney characters. He was very nice.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #54
ellie0311
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larina View Post
We saw Travis Barker from Blink 182 having breakfast at Storytellers with his family (and a bodyguard) the day after Christmas. I have a pic of him with my then 17 year old daughter and he signed my younger daughter's autograph book right along with all the Disney characters. He was very nice.
My husband and I also saw Travis Barker and his kids eating at Storytellers when we were there. This was in January 2011 for us.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #55
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Mage View Post
Erik Estrada was sitting in front of me during an Aladdin performance. And one time, I saw Ryan Seacrest (spelling?) and Justin Beaver in front of Captain EO. I guess they were filming something, I didn't stick around to see. I didn't really care about any of them, though. No, not even Justin LOL.

I'm thinking you meant Justin Beiber and were auto-corrected...just wanted to say this was one of the BEST DYACs I've been for a while!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #56
goodeats
DIS Veteran

Recently I've seen Adam Sandler, Jessica Alba, and Amy Adams. I also saw Cindy Crawford and her equally gorgeous hubby with their kids last year.

A long time ago I saw Danny Bonaduce.

Next trip - Beach Club Oct 2015!
goodeats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #57
DisneyBiskit
Mouseketeer

I saw American Idol winner Phillip Phillips there back in October. I was surprised by how short he was. Still cute though!
DisneyBiskit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #58
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
Speaking of football players, has anyone every been to DL or WDW after the Superbowl when the player paid to say "I'm going to Disneyland" in response to "What are you going to do next?" makes the requisite appearance.

I do remember back in the 90s, the San Francisco 49ers won and both Jerry Rice and Steve Young were arranged to say it together if they won. They couldn't get their lines straight and said something like "I'm going to Disneyland. No Disney World." Disney took that opportunity to make a national ad where they actually promoted both parks together with a split screen at the end.
Do you think if the Niners win this year, the MVP'll have the parade the day after the Superbowl? I'd stay an extra day for the parade
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #59
dtnrhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai

Do you think if the Niners win this year, the MVP'll have the parade the day after the Superbowl? I'd stay an extra day for the parade
We are going to Universal the day after the superbowl for this very reason! Hahaha
dtnrhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:26 AM   #60
coco392
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodeats
Recently I've seen Adam Sandler, Jessica Alba, and Amy Adams. I also saw Cindy Crawford and her equally gorgeous hubby with their kids last year.

A long time ago I saw Danny Bonaduce.
Jessica alba - if I had seen her I would have to invoke the 'celebrity hall pass'. my dw would be fine with it for sure

im sure once jessica sa me she would dump her family for a balding aussie with a rough head.
coco392 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: