Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #76
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILGoofy

Fur or face, it doesn't matter. I. Am. Petrified. If there was someone whose legs I could hide behind, I would. I come up with all these great interaction ideas in my head, and then when I see the characters, I want to hide in the bathroom. I went to Chef Mickey's alone and I actually made my waitress feel bad for me because I couldn't get myself to leave my chair for a picture. I made the characters stay on the other side of the table. Goofy is HUGE! Agh!
Aww!:/ I'm sorry!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #77
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledisneyprncess View Post
Loving your trip report!! Very cute how you have such a big stuffed animal collection! Must be a pain though if you make your bed every morning to arrange all the stuffed animals, mine would just be thrown all over the floor.

PS- I saw that you enjoyed the nachos at the QS in Mexico (La Cantina I think is the name) and then the kefta in Morroco. Both of those 2 countries, IMO had the yummiest food. I got a falafel in Morroco, and then chicken tacos in Mexico and loved them both!!
Thank youu! The way it tends to work for me is the stuffed animals stay all pretty like that for 2-3 days and then they slowly start falling on the floor and after a week half of them are on the floor and I go through the 25 minute long process of remaking the bed and we start all over!

Yes! The food in Morocco and Mexico were definitely the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILGoofy View Post
Enjoying your report. Maybe it's because I'm also a five year old inside.

Did you find that the characters were receptive to an adult with an autograph book? I'm going solo in September and I'm suuuper timid about going up to the characters. As a kid, it was out of the question, and now as an adult, I still get scared. I thought maybe if I had an autograph book, I would have a mission and force myself to go to characters.
Aw thank youu! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only 5 year old at heart

We collected autographs on both our trips, this year and last year. I felt a little funny about it before our trip last year and Dbf was sure people would be laughing at us. But on both trips, we had no problems with it! I found the autograph book does help if you aren't sure what to say to a character. Hand them the book first and ask for their autograph and usually by that time, the interaction picks up on its own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Love all your pictures! DH and I are definitely going to take advantage of our photopass. Last year we didn't intend on doing it until we got there and saw what pictures we got. This year, we know in advance, and don't want to use it JUST for characters.

Also, your snacking idea, I LOVE. I think we'll do it one day , actually. (Blatantly idea stealing.... oops. )
Thank you! On our first trip January 2012, I didn't really know anything about photopass. Once I found out about it, I had us stopping for pictures all the time and got home and ordered the CD! This time, having done much more research, I knew my stuff and preordered the photopass plus! I really liked getting the ride photos and the character dining packages! Totally worth it in my opinion and we definitely stopped for every available photo op and got our money's worth. I'm a huge fan of photopass and can't stop singing its praises. Disney marketing definitely knows how to reel me in.

Haha feel free to blatantly steal ideas because any of mine that are remotely clever were definitely stolen also! I read about drinking and snacking around the world here on the boards and since we don't really drink, I knew snacking was for us!

Quote:
You weren't asking me ... but!
Most characters were GREAT to Dh and I when we went without kids. A few had very plain encounters. But most were great. ^_^ I was nervous too- ESPECIALLY ON FUR CHARACTERS. Face, I can talk to. Fur, I didn't know what the heck to do.
Quote:
Fur or face, it doesn't matter. I. Am. Petrified. If there was someone whose legs I could hide behind, I would. I come up with all these great interaction ideas in my head, and then when I see the characters, I want to hide in the bathroom. I went to Chef Mickey's alone and I actually made my waitress feel bad for me because I couldn't get myself to leave my chair for a picture. I made the characters stay on the other side of the table. Goofy is HUGE! Agh!
Quote:
Aww!:/ I'm sorry!
I agree, I feel more awkward with fur characters than with face characters. I've found it helps when they have good handlers who facilitate the interaction and kind of "interpret" what's going on.

Aw I'm sorry you get so nervous! Are you able to pinpoint what it is about the characters that gets to you? Goofy is pretty big but maybe start with the smaller ones? Mickey and Donald tend to be on the smaller side for example. I know you said fur or face doesn't matter but maybe starting with the face ones could help. Seeing a face and being able to have a full verbal conversation might ease the interaction a bit?

Also, this may seem a little backwards but some face characters meet together, like Aladdin and Jasmine. I know if one character is scary it seems contradictory to want to meet 2 at the same time but they tend to play off each other when they meet together and it takes the pressure off you to make the interaction flow!

I don't know if any of that helps but I would definitely say get the autograph book if you want to because we did and had a blast with it.

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #78
ILGoofy
Mouseketeer

I started first with Stitch, who is tiny. I was fine there, and I was so excited thinking, oh I can do this! Then Chip or Dale, can't remember which, snuck up on me at Garden Grill. That particular trip was with friends as opposed to my usual solo trips, so at least they were there to warn me from then on about approaching characters. Could have used the warning earlier, guys. I don't know that I'm scared of the characters themselves or if I'm scared of talking to them. I'm pretty shy and I don't always like my pic being taken. I have six months to work up some guts. I'm getting PhotoPlus+ specifically to force myself into pictures so I don't waste my money.

ILGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #79
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I started first with Stitch, who is tiny. I was fine there, and I was so excited thinking, oh I can do this! Then Chip or Dale, can't remember which, snuck up on me at Garden Grill. That particular trip was with friends as opposed to my usual solo trips, so at least they were there to warn me from then on about approaching characters. Could have used the warning earlier, guys. I don't know that I'm scared of the characters themselves or if I'm scared of talking to them. I'm pretty shy and I don't always like my pic being taken. I have six months to work up some guts. I'm getting PhotoPlus+ specifically to force myself into pictures so I don't waste my money.
I totally understand. I was always extremely shy myself until pretty much my sophomore year of HS when I finally came out of my shell. I remember being pretty shy about meeting the characters when we went to WDW when I was 10.

I think the autograph book will give you something to focus on if you get shy during the meet and something to motivate you to work through your shyness! Once you start collecting them, you're gonna want them all.

July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Old 02-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #80
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

More Epcot fun!

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay in updating, it's been a busy week and I had every intention of sitting down today and finishing our Epcot day but then I got called for a last minute job interview and real life prevailed again!

When I left off, we had just left the temporary character spot and gotten some ice cream! We finished meeting the characters at 7:20 so at this point it was likely 7:40ish. Our only plans at this point were to meet up with Jen, Rick and Presley to see Illuminations. Before we did, we decided to head over to the Seas to visit Nemo!

DSCN0372 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

After we walked through the insanely long, but always empty line, we rode the ride and marveled over the aquariums and then headed towards the WS again for Illuminations.

We weren't entirely sure where we wanted to watch from but on our walk over we spotted our awesome photopass photographer from earlier who took our pictures again and told us to try to stake out a spot by the water in the QS restaurant in Mexico.

Photo0205FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

So that's what we did! And we called the others to come meet us there.

DSCN0373 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Presley was happy to wait patiently for the show to start but it turns out- she is TERRIFIED of fireworks. So Rick ended up having to walk her around during them to console her.

We had never seen the show before so we were definitely impressed. I tried to limit the number of photos I uploaded to share with you but I love them so much that I'm sorry if I bore you with them.

Still 1 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 2 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 3 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 4 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 5 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 6 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 7 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 8 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 9 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 10 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 11 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 12 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 13 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 14 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 15 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 16 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 17 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 18 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 19 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 20 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 21 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 22 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Old 02-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #81
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Illuminations part 2 and more!

More Illuminations pictures!

Still 23 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 24 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 25 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 26 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 27 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 28 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 29 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 30 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 31 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 32 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 33 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 34 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 35 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 36 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 37 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 38 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 39 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Still 40 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

After Illuminations, it was EMH so Jen, Chris and I decided to head over to Test Track to see if the lines were any shorter than they had been all day. Rick didn't want to ride so he went off with Presley. When we got to the line, it said 60 minutes but we decided we'd wait anyway. We went to get in line and Chris and I had our KTTW cards but Jen didn't and they wouldn't let her in line. So she was trying to call Rick to have him bring it to her but he wasn't picking up. So we decided to go with her to look for him. When we finally got him on the phone, we found out he had somehow made it all the way to the Character spot with Presley.

We went over there and were deciding what to do next.

DSCN0379 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Presley was fine until she realized we were near the line for MICKEY! She ran over to the line and started yelling "Mi-Mo" as loud as she could. I tried to talk her into coming back to where we were sitting but she had made up her mind. She saw Mickey and she was getting to him no matter what. When I picked her up to carry her away, she yelled "COURTNEY NOOOO" as loud and clear as possible. So it was decided. We would meet characters again.

Since Chris and I had just been there 2 hours ago, the CM managing the line remembered us and was trying to joke with Presley but she had a mission. Mickey or die.

Photo0212FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0216FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

She did not let go of his hand once during the M&G. Now we thought maybe we'd be able to move on. But nope. Pluto and Minnie had been spotted and we were going to meet them too!

Old 02-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #82
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

End of Epcot!

Photo0219FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0221FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0226FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0227FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

For some reason, there was no line for Pluto and a backup at Minnie. Cue temper tantrum from a very tired Presley. She wanted Minnie and she wanted Minnie NOW.

The CM tried to nicely explain to Presley that the first family would meet Minnie, then the next, then the next then Presley. However, being 2 and exhausted, see was having none of it. She crossed her arms, rolled her eyes and dropped to the ground.

Soon enough it was time to meet Minnie and all was right with the world again.

Photo0233FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0236FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0244FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Photo0246FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

After this, we decided we'd wait for Test Track and Rick took Presley to the bathroom and I think they might have met the characters again.

Photo0255FourBySix by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Test Track was good and we enjoyed designing our own car and seeing how it fared in the different trials.

Afterwards, we left and headed out to the buses. There was a sizable line but two buses came after about 15 minutes and we were off back to Pop. Now, Rick was hungry. The food court was closed and he hadn't eaten all day at Epcot because he wanted pizza and after 30342332 explanations of ADRs falling on deaf ears, they got there and were surprised they couldn't walk in and eat. Then he decided to be stubborn and not eat all day. So we got back to Pop and they were going to go to DTD to eat even though we were waking up for EMH at DHS the next morning. I was tired and cranky. Chris was tired and cranky. We left them to figure it out. Turns out they ended up ordering Dominos. We got back to our room and collapsed with exhaustion.

So next time, Hollywood Studios! Will Jen and Rick be up for EMH? Stay tuned!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #83
cfw213
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in your TR!! I have to catch up!

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

cfw213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #84
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Aw! Cute, though I probably would have been RIGHT with Presley."What do you mean I just met him? Nonsense. Again!"
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #85
Enchantress01
Prince Charming likes my shoes!

Hi Courtney! Whew! All caught up. There's been way too much going on in Real Life Land lately. But, I'm here!

Your photopass pictures are amazing! You all photograph so well and you add the best effects to them. I know I'm digressing a little, but I love the pics you took in Christopher Robin's room in the UK. We didn't have time for that meet. I hope we catch it next time. And Presley's face with Chip and Dale is hilarious!

Thanks for the beautiful Epcot pics. The Illuminations photos are stunning. You can never take too many of those. It feels like being there.

I know you're very busy so thanks for sharing the updates and wonderful pictures.

DHMe DS(w/DIL and Grandcutie #1 , Grandcutie #2 ) DS DSGF DD
Enchantress01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #86
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw213 View Post
I'm joining in your TR!! I have to catch up!
Glad to have you over here! We're not too far in yet!

Quote:
Aw! Cute, though I probably would have been RIGHT with Presley."What do you mean I just met him? Nonsense. Again!"
Haha I don't blame Presley for that! There are never enough characters I'm glad though that she enjoyed the characters and wasn't afraid of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchantress01 View Post
Hi Courtney! Whew! All caught up. There's been way too much going on in Real Life Land lately. But, I'm here!

Your photopass pictures are amazing! You all photograph so well and you add the best effects to them. I know I'm digressing a little, but I love the pics you took in Christopher Robin's room in the UK. We didn't have time for that meet. I hope we catch it next time. And Presley's face with Chip and Dale is hilarious!

Thanks for the beautiful Epcot pics. The Illuminations photos are stunning. You can never take too many of those. It feels like being there.

I know you're very busy so thanks for sharing the updates and wonderful pictures.
Real life definitely takes away from my Disney time! I'm sure you are much busier than I with your family so thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to join me!

Aw thank you. I love photopass. I think it's one of the best systems Disney designed. Christopher Robin's room is awesome. If it weren't for KennythePirate's Character Locator app I never would've even found it! The chipmunk picture is priceless!

Epcot and Illuminations are so so gorgeous!

Thank you so much for all your kind words!

Old 02-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #87
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Such pretty Illuminations pictures! It's a nice show isn't it? We never watched it last trip because DD insisted that we could just watch from CBR pool (it's not her fave show).

I don't blame Presley at all. When characters are near you must meet them. Very simple.

UGGghhghh! Why won't people listen when you explain how WDW works? Even my MiL who goes to WDW all the time is shocked that I make ADRs so early. Does she really think we'd be going to the castle to eat with no reservations?

I hope the group made it up for EMH! (or did they not listen about riding TSMM either? )
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #88
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877
Such pretty Illuminations pictures! It's a nice show isn't it? We never watched it last trip because DD insisted that we could just watch from CBR pool (it's not her fave show).

I don't blame Presley at all. When characters are near you must meet them. Very simple.

UGGghhghh! Why won't people listen when you explain how WDW works? Even my MiL who goes to WDW all the time is shocked that I make ADRs so early. Does she really think we'd be going to the castle to eat with no reservations?

I hope the group made it up for EMH! (or did they not listen about riding TSMM either? )
Thank you! It is a beautiful show. I could see how the show is lost on kids though. If I hadn't known the storyline behind the opening of the globe and the projections, I'd have been lost hahaha.

Presley definitely had a point in her temper tantrum and not surprisingly, she won hahaha

Yeah I feel like my Disney talks seem to go in one ear and out the other sometimes. I think the main problem we ran into was they were pretty much following our plans but we didn't do more than a few ADRs this trip. When we got there, they wanted to do more sit down meals but because we didn't, they had no ADRs so they couldn't. I guess our different ways of touring really took over more than we thought they would lol!

DHS will have quite the story too lol! Thanks for reading!

Old 02-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #89
MickeyManda
Open up your heart and let the memories begin!

Finally all caught up- love the Illuminations pictures! That show is fantastic and the photos just bring me back hopefully within a few years Presley will be able to enjoy it too

Totally understand the demand to meet the characters- I might have done the same at least she had fun!

Arrrgh, must not have been fun for them to have nowhere to eat at that point I'm sure now they learned the importance of ADRs!

Excited to see more at DHS!

I would go most anywhere to feel like I belong.
"Disney will be there waiting for you no matter what." ♥
MickeyManda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #90
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyManda
Finally all caught up- love the Illuminations pictures! That show is fantastic and the photos just bring me back hopefully within a few years Presley will be able to enjoy it too

Totally understand the demand to meet the characters- I might have done the same at least she had fun!

Arrrgh, must not have been fun for them to have nowhere to eat at that point I'm sure now they learned the importance of ADRs!

Excited to see more at DHS!
It is so awesome! I can't believe we missed it on our first trip. Yeah she definitely needs a few more years until fireworks don't bother her.

Haha very true, she made her case quite well.

Yeah I think we all learned a few things about how we will travel to WDW together in the future! Luckily we are all civilized people and no one left with hurt feelings!

Thank you so much for reading!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: