Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
VeronicaBride
Earning My Ears

Great report so far. We are off to Pop on Feb 1st so loving the build up!
VeronicaBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
MK2010
Mouseketeer

Ok, so I have to admit, it was really late the other night at work when I was reading your TR and somehow I happened to miss that you were staying at Pop! That's where we want to stay in Oct.! So why did you choose the 50's building? Just curious. And if your looking for a job, I'm pretty sure we're going to have a PRN position open at my itty bitty surgery hospital! Lol! (Only 3-4 patients per night. Its easy nursing!) Anyway, I'm here and enjoying your TR. Love the pictures!
ASMu 2009
MK2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #18
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I'm here!!

Looks like a pretty decent trip for you guys so far!! I have to say that I love Pop, for a value resort, it's pretty awesome, we're staying there in Feb, and I'm excited!

Excited to read more about your DTD adventures!
Pop is definitely an amazinggg value for the price you pay! We absolutely loved it and will definitely stay again! Thank you for coming over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Courtney!

Followed you over from the POP FAQ thread! Love all your pictures so far! BTW, I love coke too (but Diet Coke). I always get my money's worth out of the refillable mugs!

I was in Disney from 1/9-1/13 (met up with DIS friends) and the weather was beautiful wasn't it??

We usually head to DTD as well on our arrival/departure days. Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

P.S. You mentioned a wish trip for your sister years ago -- hope she is doing well.

Good luck wiith hearing soon on a nursing job!

Aw thank you soo much for coming over to my TR!! I learned so much about Pop before we went from that thread, I would've been lost otherwise!

Coke is definitely one of the major staples in my life!

The weather was definitely amazing our last few days! It was a little cold and rainy the first few days but it got so nice! We were so happy to swim in the bowling pin pool

Thank you for the well wishes for my sister and the career! She is doing amazing. She's 26 now and still has pretty serious medical issues but she's stable and happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedisney1982 View Post
Have fun on your trip! And I wish you the best of luck with your nursing career!
Thank you so much! Love that your daughter's name is Courtney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleKait View Post
Excited to read your trip report! I'm staying at Pop in 4 days!
I'm glad you're here! Ah that's so exciting! I'm sure you're gonna love it. Let me know if you have any questions about Pop, I'm happy to share what I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaBride View Post

Thank you! Glad you're here! Ah you're getting so close! You're gonna love it. If you have any questions, I'm happy to share what I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2010 View Post
Ok, so I have to admit, it was really late the other night at work when I was reading your TR and somehow I happened to miss that you were staying at Pop! That's where we want to stay in Oct.! So why did you choose the 50's building? Just curious. And if your looking for a job, I'm pretty sure we're going to have a PRN position open at my itty bitty surgery hospital! Lol! (Only 3-4 patients per night. Its easy nursing!) Anyway, I'm here and enjoying your TR. Love the pictures!
Pop is amazing! I chose the 50s section because I heard wonderful things about it on the Pop FAQ thread here on the boards. We knew we wanted a lakeview room (which are considered standard rooms at Pop!) and we wanted something that was close to Classic Hall for the food court and buses but not noisy. After reading about where others stayed on that thread, I chose 50s and was very happy with it! We were in building 2 which is the furthest building in the 50s section from Classic Hall but still not a long walk at all. The view was gorgeous (there's a picture of it in my first post!), it was very quiet and the 50s section has the bowling pin pool which was right in front of our building!

Let me know if I can answer anything else!

That job does sound amazing but I don't think I can convince Dbf to move as far as Texas!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #19
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

joining in. I love POP.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #20
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
joining in. I love POP.
Glad you're here! We absolutely loved Pop!

July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #21
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Dtd

So when we left off, it was 2:30 and we were waiting for a bus to go to Downtown Disney!

We must've gotten there quick cause at 2:47 I was taking this picture!

DSCN0079 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

I figured it would take a little longer to get there because we had no set plans until later on but this just meant more time to look at stores!

While we were looking around, we got these text messages:

20130103_135745 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

20130103_151235 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

They were finally on their way!

Our first stop:

DSCN0080 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0084 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0082 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0083 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

After I resisted buying everything, because after all, we had only been in Disney for 6 hours, we headed on to:

DSCN0085 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0088 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0089 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0090 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

I absolutely adored this store! It's so amazingly themed. I loved that they had tables set up so kids could play with Mr. Potato Head in the stores. Once again, I resisted temptation.

We headed

DSCN0091 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

here because that's where the Photopass counter is at Downtown Disney. I had preordered Photopass+so I had to exchange my voucher for the card and wanted to make sure I had it as soon as we got to the parks the next day!

There was no line whatsoever at the counter and I had my card, took a picture of the back of it and we were back on our way!

This was our next stop:

DSCN0093 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DANGER for my budget ahead! But proudly, I resisted everything!! I'm a huge stuffed animal collector, especially Disney ones and I really wanted to buy all of them. However, I had to have room in my suitcase to get them home. The rule my Dbf instituted was that I could not buy any stuffed animals that I could buy at the Disney store back home!

My major quest this trip was to find the Beast stuffed animal. They had him for the longest time at our Disney store and when Dbf finally went to get it for me for Christmas, he was gone and never to be seen again! So I HAD to find one at Disney. NO store at DTD had one!!!

DSCN0094 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0098 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0099 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We didn't go in the Lego store but we stopped to admire the sculptures outside.

DSCN0101 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Then, we started making our trek over towards the West Side!

DSCN0113 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

Old 01-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #22
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

DTD part 2

Later on, this would be our destination, but we had other things to do first! So we snapped a picture and continued on!

DSCN0119 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0120 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We looked around the candy store and I'm pretty sure I got a cookie.

That big tent at the end there was that big tent at the end!

DSCN0123 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We were going to see Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba!!! I've loved Cirque since I took French in middle & high school and our teacher would show us videos of the shows when she didn't plan a lesson for the day but had never seen one in person. Last year, when we started planning our trip for Jan 2012 and I found out there was a Cirque show AT Disney, I knew I had to see it. I wasn't sure Dbf would be a fan but regardless, my mom gave us tickets to see it for Christmas. We were in the 5th row and we fell in LOVE! He bought the DVD and we were obsessed.

Zarkana, another Cirque show came to NYC a few months ago and we saw that one also and loved it! So when we started planning this trip and found out they might be replacing La Nouba with a different Cirque show, we had to see it again!

It was only 4 pm and the show wasn't until 6 but this time my mom had gotten us prepaid Category 2 vouchers and we had to exchange them at the Box Office for actual tickets. We did so in no time and were back to exploring!

DSCN0126 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0127 by RN Courtney, on Flickr
We checked out the Cirque store!

Both trips we've wanted to check out Disneyquest and never could quite fit it in.

DSCN0125 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0121 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We decided to check out the new Splitsville! I wish I had taken more pictures but it's really nice inside! There's 2 levels, some merchandise and a bar (maybe 2?) and tables to eat at! Another thing we wanted to come back to and never got to.

DSCN0128 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

After we checked out Splitsville, we found some tables to sit out across from the Cirque theater and got some sodas and just sat to people watch for a bit. We had been up for over 12 hours already and were exhausted!! Finally, it was time to head into the show!

I have no pictures of it because they're not allowed but the show was just as amazing as I remembered! I highly recommend it to anyone! We were seating all the way to the right but in the first row so we still liked the view because the performers were right in our faces!

After the show, we had 8 pm reservations at Planet Hollywood and it was time for Dbf's first meal off his diet! We had made the reservation for all 5 of us hoping they would make it in time but they didn't and the restaurant was PACKED with people waiting for a table so they wouldn't let us wait so in we went!

DSCN0133 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0134 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

DSCN0135 by RN Courtney, on Flickr
Trying to decide what to order!

DSCN0136 by RN Courtney, on Flickr

We got Texas Tostados for our appetizer:
Crispy mini tortillas topped with barbeque chicken, sautťed onions, Monterey Jack and sharp cheddar cheeses with sour cream and pico de gallo.
They were good but nothing special.

Then for our meal we both ate the same thing.

DSCN0138 by RN Courtney, on Flickr
Celebrity BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger
A USDA choice 10 oz. burger finished with hickory-smoked bacon, sweet barbeque sauce and cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle.

The burgers were very good!

We chose not to get dessert and paid the bill and were on our way!

At this point, Jen, Rick and Presley had made it to Downtown Disney! They had just eaten at Pollo Campero so we started making our way over to them. I didn't take any pictures after this because once Presley saw me and her Tio, she was attached to us like glue! We walked around DTD and saw everything with them. We stopped for a cinnamon sugar pretzel at Wetzel's pretzels which was amazing! I also got a strawberry smoothie from a stand across from the pretzel place which kinda tasted more like juice with ice but Presley liked it!

We all headed back to the hotel by around 10-10:30 because we had big plans tomorrow! Our first park day would be to Epcot!

Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 AM   #23
MK2010
Mouseketeer

Wow! That was a BIG day! We've done DQ. My boys are gamers so they liked it, but I would really like to see the Cirque show, whether its La Nouba or a different one. DH and I are going back just the two of us for our 20th anniversary in a few years. Maybe then!
ASMu 2009
MK2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #24
katt789
DIS Veteran

Yay! Theyíre almost there!

Wow! Somehow I missed out on all that Jack stuff! Itís in the Christmas store? I remember Paige not wanting to go inÖ.and Jackís her favorite, baha!

Ahh! I have such a hard time resisting stuffed animals, or pillow pets, I had a huuuuge collection as a child and Iím pretty sure all the ones I have left are Disney. I just want to buy all of them!

Aw man, I would love to go see Cirque, anywhere really, but Iím sure the magic of Disney adds to that experience!

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY THINGS TO DO IN DISNEY?!? Seriously, Iíve gone too many times, and thereís still so many things I want to do, like, I could spend an entire trip at DTD and resorts! Then thereís tours! UGH. This is how they keep ya coming back!

Wow that certainly was a big day!! You guys did so much! I really do wish I could actually get to Disney earlier than 5pm, but thatís just never gonna happen unless I take a midnight flight, and those are always like $300.00 more expensive, so no thanks!

You guys certainly had a full and awesome first day!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #25
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2010 View Post
Wow! That was a BIG day! We've done DQ. My boys are gamers so they liked it, but I would really like to see the Cirque show, whether its La Nouba or a different one. DH and I are going back just the two of us for our 20th anniversary in a few years. Maybe then!

Aw I can't decide if I would like it! I'm not huge on video games but I'd still like to try it! Cirque shows are definitely amazing. Your 20th anniversary could be the perfect time

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay! Theyíre almost there!

Wow! Somehow I missed out on all that Jack stuff! Itís in the Christmas store? I remember Paige not wanting to go inÖ.and Jackís her favorite, baha!

Ahh! I have such a hard time resisting stuffed animals, or pillow pets, I had a huuuuge collection as a child and Iím pretty sure all the ones I have left are Disney. I just want to buy all of them!

Aw man, I would love to go see Cirque, anywhere really, but Iím sure the magic of Disney adds to that experience!

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY THINGS TO DO IN DISNEY?!? Seriously, Iíve gone too many times, and thereís still so many things I want to do, like, I could spend an entire trip at DTD and resorts! Then thereís tours! UGH. This is how they keep ya coming back!

Wow that certainly was a big day!! You guys did so much! I really do wish I could actually get to Disney earlier than 5pm, but thatís just never gonna happen unless I take a midnight flight, and those are always like $300.00 more expensive, so no thanks!

You guys certainly had a full and awesome first day!
It was a ridiculously full day but we loved it! Even though we collapsed of exhaustion at the end of it!

I'm obsessed with Cirque shows. There's a new one in NYC right now, Totem, that I can't wait to see! But being in Disney definitely makes it more magical.

I love that WDW has so much NBC merchandise but I wish they would incorporate it into the parks more!

How strange, for us this is the cheapest time to fly in. Flights were $90 each way.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #26
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Just a Note

Hey,

I just want to let anyone who's reading to know that I'm waiting on my photopass CD to start the park day updates! So please bear with me, it should be here any day!

Thanks!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #27
meowmarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaBride View Post
Us too, see you there! And thanks for the TR OP, can't wait for updates!

12/14 DLR ~ 2/13 Pop ~ 2/12 DLR ~ 12/09 Pop ~ 8/08 FWC ~ 6 pre-2000 trips to WDW & DLR
meowmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #28
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Joining in! I am also a caffeine addict (and I don't like coffee)! I made DH carry my mug in the backpack the whole trip so that I could fill up every time we passed OPR

Love the pictures of POP. We've never stayed there but I love all of the colors.

DTD is such torture. I could spend so much money there.

Awesome that you guys did Cirque on your first night! I can't wait until DD is old enough to enjoy it.

And flights for $90? I can't even find Southwest prices that cheap. An awesome score-I'd love to try JetBlue.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #29
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmarie View Post
Us too, see you there! And thanks for the TR OP, can't wait for updates!
Ah how exciting! You both are getting so close to your trips! Enjoy! and thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Joining in! I am also a caffeine addict (and I don't like coffee)! I made DH carry my mug in the backpack the whole trip so that I could fill up every time we passed OPR

Love the pictures of POP. We've never stayed there but I love all of the colors.

DTD is such torture. I could spend so much money there.

Awesome that you guys did Cirque on your first night! I can't wait until DD is old enough to enjoy it.

And flights for $90? I can't even find Southwest prices that cheap. An awesome score-I'd love to try JetBlue.
Thanks for coming over! Ah another caffeine, non-coffee addict, I love it! I can totally support that idea with the mug. Sounds like something I would do as well

DTD is definitely a dangerous place. Disney is excellent at making me want to spend money Cirque is amazing but definitely wait a bit and Maddie will appreciate it more

I find that jetblue pretty consistently has good rates from here to Orlando. I know everyone else seems to get good rates on Southwest but any time I checked, the flights were more expensive and they weren't nonstop. Buying flights is such a crazy game!

Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #30
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in....great pics!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: