Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #46
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
I asked my kids if they wanted to try someplace else, weren't they Disney'ed out now, but the answer was NO! I was a bit surprised. They said there are always new things and they like that...plus I know they could ride Space Mountain over and over and over again! We also really enjoyed the new Test Track (rode twice) and the kids got started on Sorcerer's of the MK and the boys are HOOKED on that. It's like Pokemon and Magiquest done Disney-style and that's right up my 12yo DS's alley!

I agree on having your own car and on the table service thing. We really only had THREE table service meals this time and two of them were for lunch. I also think they just take up way too much time.

We liked this January trip but who wouldn't have with that weather? AMAZING! The sudden changing of plans was not fun though of course. We found the crowds VERY tolerable after just having been there during Thanksgiving though!

I'd like to relocate to FL but my DH wants to go NORTH! YIKES! NO! I don't know but we have quite some time before we figure that out!

DH insists I drove everybody too hard this trip, and I always do according to him, but I WARNED all of them with this short trip it would be brutal. It was but we did have SOME down time!
My kids said they only want to go back to Disney if their cousins go or if they can bring friends. We like when the cousins go because they are DVC members too and each family can get their own villa. If they bring friends...then we'd have to figure out space/beds and who pays for what (DS took a friend on 2 of our cruises and we paid for some of the 1st one and all of the 2nd one...ouch! If you invite a friend then how do you ask them to pay for park tickets, dining and airfare? Plus we only have cars now that seat 5).

We are trying to do Xmas (12/20-25...will already be missing school on 12/20 and then need to come home on the 25th for dinner at my mom's plus 12/24-12/31 costs way too many points and is way too crowded) with MIL/FIL, cousins and aunts/uncles...I have MIL and FIL already booked in a 1BR at OKW (Hosp. House where they prefer). We are adding on AKV points and when we close on them (in March) we can book us and SIL2 (and her DD and DH) at AKV. SIL1 owns AKV and can book there now but her FIL has stage 3 lung cancer and they just don't know what the future holds for their family. If SIL1 can't do the trip, MIL and FIL will switch to a trip in January (like we just did) and we will go at Thanksgiving (which we actually would prefer since we'd have more time to drive down and back, but the kids won't have their cousins). I also wouldn't mind doing F&W with just DH...SIL1 and her DH are doing that (they did it this past Oct and LOVED it), but the kids have the PAPs too and we should all use them again. We (all 5 of us) have a 4 day cruise with SIL2 (and her DD and DH) in August and we added on 2 days pre-cruise in Miami to site see. So, we have also spent much of our vacation funds between that trip and this Jan WDW trip...but we can add another trip in lieu of getting 40th birthday gifts for each other or having a party...and we already have PAPs and can use DVC points...so only expense would be dining and driving to/from.

I was shocked to see it was snowing this morning. Too bad it didn't do more and close the schools early so that my DDs wouldn't have basketball tonight. But it's good there's nothing to shovel.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #47
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Missed some pics.
After going to the Sweets Shop on the BW

Sweet DD in line for Star Tours

DS at HS

Sweet DD on the BC beach.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 02-02-2013 at 07:36 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: