Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #31
Merbean09
Mouseketeer

Personally, I don't like the Cars franchise. I don't think it will stand the test of time, so to build a big area just for Cars specifically doesn't make much sense (IMO). I love the idea of a bigger Pixar place and the Up! ride though!

Jordan - Daddy/Puts up with Disney fanatic of the same name

London- Son/Disney Fantic- in training
Merbean09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #32
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merbean09 View Post
Personally, I don't like the Cars franchise. I don't think it will stand the test of time, so to build a big area just for Cars specifically doesn't make much sense (IMO). I love the idea of a bigger Pixar place and the Up! ride though!
Really? Cars is basically Matchbox cars with personality and they have been popular forever. I don't ever see it not being popular. While it doesn't have a ton of appeal to me personally, and I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, I don't know many boys ages 2-6 that don't like CARS, or at least playing with them. And now with the new Planes movie I don't really see it dying.

This is just the personal opinion though of the mother of two young boys who gets kind of tired of all the princess stuff being shoved down our throats all the time and would like to see the FLE equivalent for boys. While it probably wouldn't be my favorite area of the park, they would LOVE it.

Last edited by puffkin; 01-22-2013 at 01:55 PM.
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #33
Merbean09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post
Really? Cars is basically Matchbox cars with personality and they have been poopular forever. I don't ever see it not being popular. While it doesn't have a ton of appeal to me personally, and I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, I don't know many boys ages 2-6 that don't like CARS, or at least playing with them. And now with the new Planes movie I don't really see it dying.

This is just the personal opinion though of the mother of two young boys who gets kind of tired of all the princess stuff being shoved down our throats all the time and would like to see the FLE equivalent for boys. While it probably wouldn't be my favorite area of the park, they would LOVE it.
I guess it's just my immense dislike for the movies paired with the fact that my son is only 1. I know my nephew (3) loves it, so I can kinda understand. I am excited to see Planes though, I hope it's different!

Jordan - Daddy/Puts up with Disney fanatic of the same name

London- Son/Disney Fantic- in training
Merbean09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #34
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
I don't see a replica of RSR coming to DHS because of Florida's rainy days. They would have to shut it down too much.
To me, it looks like RSR IS Carsland.

Everything else in Carsland is a "that's kinda neat, too bad that is way over in CA".
But once I saw a ride video of RSR, I started planning a DL trip. I've been going to WDW once (or more) a year for the past 12 years, and I chose to miss FLE in its first year... Mostly because of RSR
(That would of been a more difficult choice if the Mine Train was open)
Old 01-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #35
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really? Cars is basically Matchbox cars with personality and they have been poopular forever. I don't ever see it not being popular. While it doesn't have a ton of appeal to me personally, and I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, I don't know many boys ages 2-6 that don't like CARS, or at least playing with them. And now with the new Planes movie I don't really see it dying.

Well said.
They really connected with young boys by having those Matchbox/Hot Wherk cars that talk.

Ironically, Disney really stumbled marketing Cars products. I wanted to have a Cars themed party in the summer after the movie was first released, and nothing was in the stores. Fortunately They figured it out and got Cars on the shelves by Christmas.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #36
VACamm
DIS Veteran

I vote for NO CARSLAND.. Its already been donw. How about the Disney Imagineers actually IMAGINE something better!! I like everyones suggestions for Monsters Inc and Up !!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #37
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakepb View Post
To me, it looks like RSR IS Carsland.

Everything else in Carsland is a "that's kinda neat, too bad that is way over in CA".
But once I saw a ride video of RSR, I started planning a DL trip. I've been going to WDW once (or more) a year for the past 12 years, and I chose to miss FLE in its first year... Mostly because of RSR
(That would of been a more difficult choice if the Mine Train was open)

There are other things to do in Carsland, but RSR is the big draw. Kind of like there are other things to do in Pixar Place... but everyone sprints by to hit TSMM.

I think for me, it was just... wonder and awe. It was like walking into the movie. You know that feeling you had as a kid (if you went) or the look of wonder on a child's face when they walk into the MK for the first time? Yeah. I felt that/looked like that when I walked into Carsland.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #38
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:

Anyhoo..I would prefer Star Wars Land, or Monstropolis, or Pixar Place. Mainly because I like the parks having a unique identity rather than just being clones of each other. Carsland in DCA makes me really want to plan a trip out there. Put one in Florida and I will likely never go to DLR.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #39
Nudoru
Earning My Ears

well *I* am excited for cars land, having seen the theme areas at Art of Animation. Very well done and pretty immersive in the theming. I can only look forward to the expansion. Monsters has a place in WDW, TSM has their "area" in HS, yeah I could do with some interactive "Cars" attractions.
Nudoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #40
KristenFNJ
Mouseketeer

I am totally with the boy mammas on this one-I would LOVE a CarsLand! Just when my older boys were outgrowing it, DS3 came along and fell head over heals. We plan on Planes being his first movie theatre movie. I wouldn't mind a Pixar Place with Cars/Planes attractions thrown in, but I'm way WAY on board with having something new and awesome that is not oozing with princess.

I wouldn't mind a Star Wars land, I actually think it would be utterly amazing if done to the highest Disney standard. It just lacks that "little kid wonder" that other posters have mentioned, as most pre-schoolers aren't huge Star Wars buffs yet (most ;o), so it's just not the same. I do think Star Wars, if they go forward with making episodes 7 and 8, could be the more realistic answer to WWHP from a franchise and cult following capacity, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Why can't we have both? :D
KristenFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #41
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Well, I have as well as others have beat it to death of what to do with HS.

But I think, to put it in summary, it comes down to two main things, which in themselves entails many things like what attractions and what to take out.

*Expand Pixar Place
*Build Star Wars Land

If they do that, there will be an explosion of attendance at HS. I don't think anyone would disagree with that!
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #42
johnnycake
Earning My Ears

I vote for a pixar place expansion or star wars land vs a whole cars land.
johnnycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #43
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I personally hope that it's not an exact replica, I mean, we've got enough of that going on between the parks, if everything was the same, there'd be no point to go to both of the parks.

I really hope they expand on the Pixar Place area, add in a Monster's Inc ride, have some cars stuff, maybe a cool Nemo ride
I agree. But I think it would cool to have some of the things from there. I am also crossing my fingers for a Monsters Inc Ride. With the new movie coming out this summer I think we have a pretty good chance.

As for the nemo ride - I think there are plenty of Nemo attractions at the world. (Turtle Talk, The Seas, Show @AK). Don't get me wrong - I LOVE Nemo but would like to see some other Pixar films come to life at the parks.. such as Monsters Inc/Up ect
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #44
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat View Post
I know folks think HS needs more rides for kids. How about a "racing" ride based on the candy cars from Wreck it Ralph? With no nasty diesel engines like Tomorrowland Speedway. Either electric or on a powered track. Could even be virtual like the old Motion ride in Epcot where the graphics make it seem fast but actual speed is pretty slow.
I LOVE this idea!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #45
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFive View Post
While this thread makes me REALLY excited for possible new things at HS (our 2nd fav park right behind MK), my excitement is dampered by the relization that any new area of this scale would take 3+ years to complete even if if were started today. Think Fantasyland...

Dan
I know! But we must stay positive! I think if they added anything to HS it would do good for it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: