Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #16
mickeymouseman89
Earning My Ears

Hi, does anybody know what the queue is normally like or whether it gets busy at certain times? Also does anybody know how long it usually takes to get done? Thanks in advance. Also feel free to share your stories. Cheers.
mickeymouseman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:16 AM   #17
thephoo
Mouseketeer

My DD had hers done in Fantasy Land rather than the Studios and the queues were always pretty massive and as the face painting is quite detailed you can be waiting quite a while. We hatched a plan one day and went in EMH, bought the token from the shop, went on a few rides and were there before they opened at 10am.

You're right, the other side of the board features all of the boys options. I know know this because my little girl got a boy option! She always goes for the same thing when she gets her face painted - a tiger!!

I would attach a piccy but I don't know how I'm stoopid!
thephoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #18
mickeymouseman89
Earning My Ears

Thankyou.That sounds like a good idea buying the token during emh and then getting there early. I think the plan might be to buy the token early, go on the rides and then queue up before it opens.Or we might do it after it opens up again after lunch.Assuming they do close for lunch.Also I don't i don't know how to post attachments either.Sorry
Old 02-09-2013, 05:18 AM   #19
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

upload your photo from your computer to an image-sharing site (i use photobucket) then copy the img link on the photo into your post here .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #20
mickeymouseman89
Earning My Ears

Thanks, i'll remember that for the future. Does anybody know if a member of your family can take photos/videos while you're getting your face painted?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #21
MummyMinnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouseman89
Thanks, i'll remember that for the future. Does anybody know if a member of your family can take photos/videos while you're getting your face painted?
We took videos and pictures whilst our daughter had her princess makeover in the DLH so I don't see why not, would depend on how the person doing it would feel I guess so best asking.
August 2008 - Citea Magny le Hongre
January 2009 - Santa Fe
July 2009 - Kyriad

January 2010 - Santa Fe

October 2010 (Halloweeeeen) - Kyriad
April 2011 Explorers / Santa Fe
June 2012 - Chanteloup on Brie/Explorers
August 2012 - Serris apartments

May 2013 - Explorers
MummyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #22
mickeymouseman89
Earning My Ears

Thanks. As you say it depends on how the person doing the face painting feels. I guess they don't want to be distracted by accidental camera flashes. I'm hoping they'll be alright with a video camera, but it's best to ask the painter first.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:43 AM   #23
thephoo
Mouseketeer

Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #24
thephoo
Mouseketeer

Hmmm, trying to upload a couple of pics but it doesn't seem to be working! I've done as you said Elaine and uploaded to Photobucket but it won't upload properly on here?

I'm using the "insert photo" tab on the post reply box and copy and pasting the URL, is that right?

I'm such a dunce!

Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #25
mickeymouseman89
Earning My Ears

Smile

Have you tried copying and pasting the web address into a post.It will make it easier for you then.Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #26
mickeymouseman89
Earning My Ears

I found an article online about the face painting in the studios.It wad written in french, but it said that each face can take between 5 and 10 minutes. Do some designs really take more than 5 minutes to do? Also does anybody know how waterproof the paint is? Just in case it decides to rain mid March.

Last edited by mickeymouseman89; 02-12-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #27
MummyMinnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouseman89 View Post
I found an article online about the face painting in the studios.It wad written in french, but it said that each face can take between 5 and 10 minutes. Do some designs really take more than 5 minutes to do? Also does anybody know how waterproof the paint is? Just in case it decides to rain mid March.
Yes some can, it obviously depends on what you are having done, I'll show you some examples that my children have had done. The Halloween ones each took 10-15 mins they took their time doing them and added a lot of detail, the Princess one took longer simply because it was bigger and my daughter also had a small amount of 'usual' make up done too (ie eye shadow, liptstick etc).
They both stayed on all day, only got a tiny bit smudged but it didn't rain whilst we were there on both of these occasions. The fact they took ages to get off at night I would presume a bit of rain would be ok.

August 2008 - Citea Magny le Hongre
January 2009 - Santa Fe
July 2009 - Kyriad

January 2010 - Santa Fe

October 2010 (Halloweeeeen) - Kyriad
April 2011 Explorers / Santa Fe
June 2012 - Chanteloup on Brie/Explorers
August 2012 - Serris apartments

May 2013 - Explorers
MummyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #28
mickeymouseman89
Earning My Ears

Thanks, 10 to 15 mins is quite a long time, but as you said they are very detailed. If the paint takes a long time to get off then it should be slightly rainproof. I can't imagine how detailed the other full face designs are. I'm guessing the face painters are more like artists who are proud of the stuff they do.At least i know i'm gonna get my moneys worth when i go.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #29
kel0709
Mouseketeer

Hi can sometime tell me exactly where they do the face painting as I don't recall seeing it in March. And it's something my 2 would like. Thanks
Old 02-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #30
mickeymouseman89
Earning My Ears

I'm guessing they do it in march, others have said they were doing it in november and december (i think). If they are doing it, it's situated on the left hand side of studio 1(main entrance) as you go in. If anyone can help both of us out and confirm that they do it in march, that'd be great.Thanks.

Tags
disney, face, painting, studios

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: