Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
lovebug33
DIS Veteran

Carsland has me worried

So, I'm concerned about Carsland! This is the only reason we are going and I'm afraid we won't get to ride anything! We only want to ride RSR once and Luigi's Tires and we have to do child swap because we have a baby who can't ride either ride. Are we going to be able to go in, ride RSR and then go ride Luigi without having to wait in line for hours? We are going in June if that's any help.
lovebug33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
ChrisSD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug33 View Post
So, I'm concerned about Carsland! This is the only reason we are going and I'm afraid we won't get to ride anything! We only want to ride RSR once and Luigi's Tires and we have to do child swap because we have a baby who can't ride either ride. Are we going to be able to go in, ride RSR and then go ride Luigi without having to wait in line for hours? We are going in June if that's any help.
Don't do child swap on RSR, do single rider and you won't be in line for hours. 25 minutes seems to be the average for me. Luigi's has periods of sub 30 minute queue times and you can child swap that one. I wouldn't stress on it if you only want to ride each ride once.
ChrisSD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
lovebug33
DIS Veteran

If I do single rider, how does that work? I go, then my DH gets in line and goes? Should we do Luigi's first if we are going to do that? Oy, all of this makes going to DL not so much fun!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
ChrisSD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If I do single rider, how does that work? I go, then my DH gets in line and goes? Should we do Luigi's first if we are going to do that? Oy, all of this makes going to DL not so much fun!
There is a single rider line. You go one at a time while the other holds the baby drinking beer @ Flo's =) Tell the cast members standing there at the entrance you want single rider. I'd knock out that ride first honestly. Luigi's shouldn't be much of an issue, especially using child swap.

If you can make rope drop on a non EMH day, you can also have DH use wide right, get a child swap, and get on in minutes. You could both be done with RSR in 20 minutes.

Another option would be send DH to RSR single rider while you wait in line for FP for RSR with his ticket. Get 2. When he's off, he goes to Luigi's and rides, getting child swap card in the process.

Many ways to do this - don't stress it!

Don't ever stress a ride at DLR. If the line sucks, go to another area of the parks. You'll have fun no matter what.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

early in the mornings Lugis is not that bad although IMO Maters Junkyard is a lot more fun and the lines aren't that bad also if you go to Lugis during the parade or as the parade is ending theres not a line

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come

luulu1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #6
PigletSeeker
Mouseketeer

Oh, goodness, don't stress! You will have a blast, and it's not complicated at all. We have an under-height child and a big kid that won't ride much and we always work it out fine. If it's just you and DH and a baby, use Single Rider (and I recommend this on all the rides that have it: California Screamin', Indy, Matterhorn, can't remember others.) You can also get Fast Passes for those rides. You'll just need to get there at opening for RSR, but it's still not that big a deal..I have DH stand in line and I walk around with the kids. Then we take turns using our FP's. Luigi's is a very slow moving line, I'm not sure how Child Swap works, since my youngest made the cut for this one- DH rode RSR while we did this and he was done first. Relax and have fun! Also, you will be able to bring your baby on a ton of other rides, and all of you will have a blast. We've been doing Disney with little ones for years and I've never missed out on a thing! I have to be honest though- I wouldn't go to Disneyland JUST for those two things. Especially Luigi's-LOL.
PigletSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #7
hlbtimes2
Stretch that spine out big and tall!
Oh, you arent paying? Dang!

We went in early Dec (8-11th). We managed to ride RSR 6 or 7 times while we were there. We got fast pass in the morning each day. We were at the park about 15 minutes before opening and one of us took the passes and got in the fast pass line. Once the park opens the line moves pretty fast- by about 15 minutes after park opening we had fast pass in hand. Typically the return time was about 2-3 hours later (about 10:30, with 8am opening). We also rode 3-4 times in the single rider line. Average wait was about 1/2 hour or less.

We rode the tires once. It was late in the day, and there was no line. I think we waited for maybe 2 cycles of the ride. It wasnt long at all.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
lovebug33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSD View Post
There is a single rider line. You go one at a time while the other holds the baby drinking beer @ Flo's =) Tell the cast members standing there at the entrance you want single rider. I'd knock out that ride first honestly. Luigi's shouldn't be much of an issue, especially using child swap.

If you can make rope drop on a non EMH day, you can also have DH use wide right, get a child swap, and get on in minutes. You could both be done with RSR in 20 minutes.

Another option would be send DH to RSR single rider while you wait in line for FP for RSR with his ticket. Get 2. When he's off, he goes to Luigi's and rides, getting child swap card in the process.

Many ways to do this - don't stress it!

Don't ever stress a ride at DLR. If the line sucks, go to another area of the parks. You'll have fun no matter what.
What is wide right? Oh, my this is all so hard. This is like WDW Toy Story Dash and the Death March of Harry Potter World all over again! Do we have to do the child swap right away? Like, both of us in line or can you wait and use it later?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
ChrisSD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What is wide right? Oh, my this is all so hard. This is like WDW Toy Story Dash and the Death March of Harry Potter World all over again! Do we have to do the child swap right away? Like, both of us in line or can you wait and use it later?
You can use CS whenever. The person going into the standby line asks the CM at the start of the line for one. You won't get the actual CS pass until the end of the line from that CM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #10
Eclectic Goddess
My Ears are a Pair of Devil Horns

Quote:
It's not hard. Breathe deeply.

Get there before the park opens. It doesn't have to be hours before the park opens. 15-30 minutes will do.

If you're there on a non-early entry day or you HAVE early entry, you will enter Cars Land with CM leading the pack, this is "rope drop". In that case, stay as far right as you can as you walk down the street into Cars Land. The entrance to RSR is on the right, and the crowd has to funnel in that direction to avoid characters, so it makes it much easier if you're already on the right.

If the morning you go has early entry and you don't, the rope drop will have already happened. In that case, you can do you own version of a baby swap. One takes both of your tickets and the baby and gets in line for fastpasses and the other goes on RSR via the single rider line. After that person his ridden, they go back and swap out so the other person can ride, also via the single rider line. After you've gotten the FPs and both of you have ridden RSR, then head for Luigi's. (If you REALLY want to - as some of the PPs have mentioned, it's not really worth much of a wait.)

If RSR is down, just wait in line for FPs, cross your fingers that it comes back up later, and go enjoy the rest of the park.

Really, remember, you're supposed to be having fun. I'm always baffled by the people who are scrambling around in the parks, trying to do things a certain way instead of just enjoying it. Breathe.

Disneyland Trips
Fall 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~ Gay Days Anaheim
Winter 2013 ~ Off Season Magic!
*Spring 2015 ~ Star Wars Celebration*
Orlando Trips
Fall 2010 ~ Harry Potter Emersion Therapy / Visit to the ‘World
Spring 2012 ~ Taking the HLP on Holiday!
Spring 2014 ~ Princess Half / Wizarding World
Eclectic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #11
lovebug33
DIS Veteran

Totally feel better now! And didn't know that there were single rider lines! We planned on doing nothing but kiddie rides at dl but maybe we can do Indy and matterhorn!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #12
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you shouldn't have any issues since only you and your spouse will be riding and you can't go together. We are here now and it's very busy but only RSR is getting real long lines. On Wed we waited 30 min each for Maters and Luigis around Dinner time. Yesterday I saw an hour wait for each in the after noon but it seems the posted time is usually around 40-50 minutes ( saw those times a lot yesterday on my wait time app).

For RSR I waited and got FP for all 4 of us while the other 3 went straight to the stand by ride. Took me 20 min to get FP, then I walked to RSR and got in SR line waited about 20 min to ride and ended up beating my family by a good 10 min (good thing too because DD had a melt down in line and did not want to ride it so I was there to watch her when DW and FIL got to the cars).

The regular standby line has gotten to 150 min each day we have been here and stays that long for most of the day. We leave the parks about 9 to get DD asleep for the next day so I don't know if it gets shorter late but I doubt that one slows down much.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #13
ChrisSD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Totally feel better now! And didn't know that there were single rider lines! We planned on doing nothing but kiddie rides at dl but maybe we can do Indy and matterhorn!
Splash Mountain also has single rider. Go up the exit .
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #14
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
yes absolutely you can do everything. DW and I take turns taking DD on kiddie rides while the other does the bigger rides.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #15
bakerudall
Real Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSD View Post

This looks like the simplest method.

Also, I'm not sure why you don't want to do MJJ, but I wouldn't overlook it.
bakerudall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: