Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #1
adykate
Mouseketeer

Disneyland area hotels with RV parking

We are planning a road trip that includes a stop at Disneyland. We would like to stay at a good neighbor, or on site hotel, but do not know which ones have parking available for a large motorhome. Short of calling every hotel, does anyone know where I might find this information? We currently are booked at the HoJo which has RV parking, but I was open to other hotels if there was RV parking available. Suggestions?
adykate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
Geemo
DIS Veteran

We were told The DLR hotels have RV parking.
They were very clear that they do not allow any use of the RV while in the parking area.
Never check to see where the parking is located.

Geemo

Geemo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #3
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geemo View Post
We were told The DLR hotels have RV parking.
They were very clear that they do not allow any use of the RV while in the parking area.
Never check to see where the parking is located.

Geemo
I think I've seen RV's parked in the lot across from the tram entrance. When my son has school field trips the bus parks in this lot & I have seen a few RV's there. You can always call the hotels directly to get a correct answer.
hjgaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
Jaylens Papa
Jaylens Papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
I think I've seen RV's parked in the lot across from the tram entrance. When my son has school field trips the bus parks in this lot & I have seen a few RV's there. You can always call the hotels directly to get a correct answer.
We park our MH here everytime we go. It is the Large Vehicle lot at the Mickey and Friends lot. We do use it sometimes for lunch and for afternoon naps. They do not allow overnite parking here. It closes a couple hours after the parks. Not sure about any lots closer to the hotels.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

Is there a reason you don't want to stay in the motor home? My parents stay at an RV park on ball, the ART runs by it and its alot cheaper, they are paying $400 for a week vs our almost $1000 for the same week. It's also across from an in and out burger, which is a huge perk for my dad. Lol
keltiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
ParkHopper1
Mouseketeer

You can park oversized vehicles at any of the DLR Hotels if you re staying there...up to a full semi truck (yup, have checked in with a semi!)...They can put ya in either the back of the Disneyland Hotel Lot or will put ya in Mickey and Friends oversize lot and give you a permit to keep it there overnight, then will shuttle ya back to the hotel in a town car or golf cart. Call ahead and see how they want you to handle arrival if you book there.

The Holiday Inn in Walnut street right behind the Mickey and Friends garage has a lot big enough to park oversize vehicles in the back, we park box trucks there all the time when visiting to park with work trucks.
ParkHopper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
adykate
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the help! I know we can park in the Mickey parking garage, but we need some place that will allow us to park it there overnight for a few days. I will check into the resorts on site, and maybe call a few good neighbor hotels.

keltiesmom - We have two kids under age 2.5. We want to stay some place close enough to walk to the park if desired, to avoid dealing with hauling the stroller and kids on/off trams or bus, and waiting in lines to do that. We also want a place that has a decent pool or kid water area to play in. We looked at the RV parks close by and they are not really close enough to walk, and the pools were pretty basic. We are spending 2 weeks in the MH, so we decided a few nights out of it while in Anaheim might be nice .
adykate is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: