Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Question Disney visa question

I have had the premier card for a while now. My question is if I charge my entire room on the card do you know how long it takes to convert that money into reward dollars? I am going in April and thought if I charge the entire room reservation on the card I could then get points for rewards and cash them in for a gift card before the trip? Does it work like that?

ETA: My second question should I sign up for the no annual fee card and charge the room on that and cancel the premier card? I have a low balance on that one and can pay it off and close it. WWYD???
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
I have had the premier card for a while now. My question is if I charge my entire room on the card do you know how long it takes to convert that money into reward dollars? I am going in April and thought if I charge the entire room reservation on the card I could then get points for rewards and cash them in for a gift card before the trip? Does it work like that?

ETA: My second question should I sign up for the no annual fee card and charge the room on that and cancel the premier card? I have a low balance on that one and can pay it off and close it. WWYD???
Your rewards dollars will be available when the next statement is generated. So if you were to pay off your room reservation now, the rewards dollars would be in your Chase account shortly after this billing cycle ends. You will be able to add them to an existing rewards card anytime after that. If you need a new rewards card, it can take up to 2 weeks to arrive after you request it.

Is your year up yet on the premier card? If not, then wait until it is. If you apply for a regular Disney Visa, you will have to wait for it to arrive before you can charge your room balance to it but you won't get 2% on Disney purchases with the regular card.

Marionnette is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: